Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31049 Views)

DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by prophetfire: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
. Go and ask a lawyer what I am about to tell you.
Putting Mr&Mrs on your property documents is wrong. It doesn't confer anything as Mr&Mrs isn't a legal entity. If you go to court to claim a property with Mr&Mrs title, if the opposition lawyer knows what we know, you will fail.
Rather you write property of Mr so so so and Mrs so so so or you write Mr so so so and their successors in title.
It's even better he wrote only Mr on it. You being the wife can still inherit it , unless he wills it to another person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Barrywilly(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
The first sentence says it all. Are you sure you are actually not after his property? Referring to your husband as "this man" shows a loveless marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Akalia(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Omihanifa:

You are being petty undecided
Why are you so bothered that the land documents didn't carry your name or mr& Mrs?

You think say we men never wise up?
LOL, she no know.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Microwhy: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Greedy people..
If you're the one that bought the land, will you ever nurse the idea of including his name.
Selfish people..

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by APC2: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
I'm married. I will never put the name of my wife in any of my properties. This woman is very fraudulent and irresponsible.

5 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by oluadex99(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Your first comment calling your husband 'this man' shows u r overreacting and worry from bad advise.

You have kids, even if your name is not on his will, your kids name are so y worried?

Good point

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by stevups(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Levels2:

You don't tell us the exact amount you contributed in the purchase of the said Land.

Your husband is a wise man and have lived with you for years hence he knew what you are capable of doing.

God bless you

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by abbey621(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Never mind. A Lagos court has already decided on this kind of issue. You both own it. If he dare try to sell it or transfer the ownership without your consent, it is the buyer/beneficiary who will lose his/her money.
Read up on that case https://www.nairaland.com/7708832/lagos-court-grants-wives-equal
He is ignorant of your part ownership of it so just keep watching him. It's not yet time to let him know. For now, let peace reign in your home. Don't let it tear down your heart and home. Just let it go. You already won.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Stop spreading wrong info., the case you used as reference includes monetary contributions. The wife contributed financially to the purchase of such property and it was their legal residence for so many years. This particular case is different as the OP made no mention of such......Una really think court cases are one size fits all grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Styluss: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
My dad did exactly thesame. He bought 3 plots of land in his name and left my mom out of it. I wasn't even informed as it was none of my business till my mom called to report him. I am the first son, I just called my dad to ask if he has a plan to marry another wife? he said no, and then I advised him to change the name on all the documents for the family's sake and future, it cost him extra 50k but it was done regardless.
I was surprised that he obliged. He even bought a plot for my mom alone recently.
If you have grown-up kids, use them to your advantage.

However, If you have small kids, protect your home first, dont drag what will cause your family chaos. If you are legally married to him, its all for the family.
Ijelenwanyioma:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by alizma: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
You should more concerned about the growth and quality of education he provides for your children not imagining what could be his future intentions.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by seguno2: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Please how much money do you contribute to the housekeeping and for the land purchase? Abi you are a barracks type of housewife, who depends on your husband to buy underwear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by advanceDNA: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kooldon:
Madam pls how much did you add to his money in the purchase of this land?

See super tackle ...

She contributed sex... grin

6 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by shaibu123: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Stay away from bad advicers and mind your home.
Your husband property is legally yours and you are his next of kin legally,as long as you're legally married with certificate.
But stay away from people with bad energy, they will destroy your home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

that is how you people will be looking for trouble unnecessarily. Men buy these things in a process but you've already made him wary of your motives in the marriage. Do you know if the next land he buys would have your name alone on the documents ? Change your advisers

4 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by advanceDNA: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry

If u buy land will u include his name??

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

This question you asked is very difficult to answer.

I once discussed with a lady, and I posited that that I like a marriage where the parties put forward their resources together in order to achieve a common goal together in a faster pace. She said no way, that she envisage a scenario where the man foots all her bills, take care of household in general that her money is meant for her and her only. That any man who peeps into the finance of his woman something is wrong with him.

Then I asked after I must have done all of these, If I have properties as a result of this unidirectional sole proprietorship relationship does she think I will purchase a property and put her name in it? She looked at me and said yes. I had to stop the discussion because the delusion is on another level.

If your question is anwered then we can go ahead and posit on her scenario, some people won't contribute to family wealth but will want to be beneficiary of that wealth that's bad.

When reality catches up with her, she'll reduce the grandiose delusions called "standards"

All these ladies want rich men, but how many rich men are in circulation.

What is the assurance that the rich men they want, want them

Deluded lots. grin
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nothing wrong with that . Two of you are one . What belongs to him is also yours . Does all the receipts of items in your house bears Mr and Mrs?. It's seems like you already hoping that he will die before you . Wife dies first sometimes. Or maybe you are already planning for future divorce and sharing of properties in court

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by youngreva(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Amayabor1:

People wey dey see marriage as business transaction. E fit be say this OP mama don dey advise am make she open her eyes for her husband house. And I am 70% sure OP is from Imo or Anambra state (especially Imo).
Na their way be that my bro
The first Igbo girl I ever dated was the last girl I dated
They are very entitled with their evil mentality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Hmmmm......if you bought the land together now, I would say there's a problem.

You said HE bought the land. And you want your name in the documents. Because it's land, ba? Do you ask for same when he buys a phone? What of when he buys a pair of shoes?

Anyway, since he's decided not to include your name, you should calm down and buy your own, if you can.

The attitude in most marriages is the wife telling the husband "what's mine is mine, what's yours is ours". Women need to stop this.

The man should have the right to will whatever he wants to whomever he likes, in his will.

This is why wills exist. People own their stuff and give it to whomever they damned well wish after they die

Just be a good wife and stop this act of yours. It makes men paranoid.

6 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ehikwe22: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
If I was married to you and you come to me with such bullshit, I'll tell you that you have ulterior motives and chase you out of my house

I don't blame you ladies, I blame men that can't do without marriage that marry y'all. Like for what exactly should I marry anyone? As a man, it doesn't make any sense to me. I even refused marrying for paper in Europe because I don't want to be enslaved and always threatened and maltreated because a certain woman thinks I'll lose my papers if I don't worship her

8 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Yello1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry
Ma'am don't be afraid if he likes let him not put his name self, as long as he is legally married to you, any property acquired by him during d union is a joint property. Ditto yours. So let him be. It is still yours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by louken(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are right to be concerned given that marriage laws in Nigeria remain nothing to write home about. Sadly, since he has already bought the land in his name there may not be much you can do about it. These sort of issues are best addressed beforehand not afterwards. undecided

And please note that your husband's decision to purchase without including your name is not to be blamed on you. You are married to him and are not just some woman leasing his time. undecided
Would you also advise a married woman to singlehandedly buy a piece of property and include his husband as co-owner.
Don't be a hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by biafranrealson: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
This man intro shows you have been given him trouble and lack respect..
Get sense first .
As for the property, did you contribute a dime to the project ?
If not ,lie low

4 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by bixton(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

If there's actually anything to be worried about then it should be whose name is as next of kin on his documents.
As regards the Mr and Mrs being written on property documents I think it would be wise for you if you inquire from a lawyer if such is useful in the Nigerian court and can be used as proof of ownership even if one person is no longer alive.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by FreeStuffsNG: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
abbey621:

Stop spreading wrong info., the case you used as reference includes monetary contributions. The wife contributed financially to the purchase of such property and it was their legal residence for so many years. This particular case is different as the OP made no mention of such......Una really think court cases are one size fits all grin grin grin
smh. It's obvious you are faffing. Go and read the judgement and get someone to interpret it to you wink Most of you will learn las las but I hope it will not be too late
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by youngreva(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
SHiNJA4RMDWEST:

I fear women from those side walahi

No wonder most Igbo women are widows and feminists..

Esp when she is from Anambra ...

Most of them don’t love their husbands always on the watch on how to outsmart the men in their lives
Marry an Igbo woman at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by wale8486: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
The man don carry u handicap&

He don wise up

HAKIMI the 2nd
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by dikings(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Madam rest.. You have 3 Children for him.. Why you dey bother yourself in the first place?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Filmdirect: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
You have a right to concern. Most people here don’t understand marriage and treat their wives or understand their wives through lenses of antagonism, rivalry. God never blesses such and many times after the man dies those left behind struggle deeply. I was married, my name is on everything, he died…I’m managing everything the best I can for our children.

It’s a shame when men don’t realize their role as divider AND protector. How do you protect your wife and family after death if you exclude them from properties? We will all die. We like to think we will be old, but death can come earlier. In addition, many don’t have wills.

From the responses here we have a society where the meaning of marriage is lost to many. Wives are treated as the enemy and property, and with this, trust, respect, and companionship will not be enjoyed in that home. Instead, because there is an inner need for intimacy within every human being, a man will seek that outside not realizing that he as the head contributes to what he lacks inside his home. God’s order is from the head down. If the head leads wrongly his house will suffer, now and fatter his death.

You have a right as a wife, not a servant or girlfriend or mistress to want to be included on that land. Marriage is not your thing or my thing or my money or your money. It is the two shall be one. Anything that is not in line with that commandment opens the door to the fruit of rebellion and disobedience; strive, distrust, cheating, disunity etc. look at what his actions have sprouted in your family; accusations, pain, distrust.

The seed has been planted by the head. Just be wise going forward. Tell him why you feel the way you do and if he still doesn’t care, slowly get your own assets just in case.

It’s sad.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by forayfleo(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Did you contribute to the buying of the land and how much was your quarter of contribution if not biko park one side my Children will settle you later thank u
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by mauchiz: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again

Is not true, stop insinuating before you bring issues in your marriage.
Your husband does not mean harm, allow him.
If you have money, buy your own land and inform him, people are different.
Stop worrying yourself, whatever his reasons are, just leave it, don't allow it bother you, don't make issues were there is none.
Just be prayerful and be in good terms with him.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
youngreva:

Na their way be that my bro
The first Igbo girl I ever dated was the last girl I dated
They are very entitled with their evil mentality

It's not even about tribe.

A large percentage of these [modern] women lacks home training.

The ones that managed to be responsible, eventually allows themselves to be derailed by the sisterhood advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes / My Wife Demands For Lab Test Most Times When One Is Not Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.