Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! (14789 Views)

Who Shld Decide Food To Eat In The House. Husband Or Wife. / Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Drayco007(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Capital Yes!....if you got any ..id like you to link her up with a real nigga like me..
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by DECENTBWOY: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
Candidlady:
Nothing bad in it...

Stay-at-home dad

In Nigeria today most men stay at home with the excuse that they are working remotely while it is their wives that actually do the 9-4pm jobs

Men are getting extremely lazy... Anyways they have always been like that...

Eve went in search of food for that lazy man called Adam.. dude was just at home in the garden waiting to be fed by his wife...

And they still blame the poor woman for enlightening MEN.. INGRATES

Likes of Samueltemi337 and miracrood2 lazy set of individuals who would rather beg and gamble their wives money away

Ireject beings like em for my sisters out there
If you marry a man in this life.. God will punish you.. Becus the hatred u have for men is immesurable... Stupid fool
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by seunodediranivy: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
yes na, wetin spoiled, I will just demand for an underteen maid to assist Incase the cores are enourmous while the Jacky is away.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by cococandy(f): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Okay
Almiron:
Ma’am you tagged me with the wrong ppl, “full time husband, stay at home husband” that’s something ridiculous. That’s high level bullsh1t, Even if my wife is a celebrity and get money pass me, that won’t stop me from making my own money too. It doesn’t mean I won’t help my wife at home, even if I work my assss off. I know how to do that.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by ubola: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Why not? Even now that both of us are working, I still take time to supervise everything about them to ensure near perfection. But if I must be full time house hubby, we must be sure I control every expenditure from the job and it must be a job that rakes in up to a million naira monthly. Besides that I can't condescend.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by PJtech: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shalommy:
And how is that your business? Did i ask u? You're an idi..ottt. Now Get lost! undecided.

Another evening newspaper spotted😆😆
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by wink2015(m): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
I do not agree to full time House Husband.

It will not make the Husband to earn the needed respect.

Even if the wife is the main bread winner.

Try and establish a business that can generate money to support your family.

It could be a Supply business, poultry business, farming business etc

The Husband do not have to leave the house every days of the week.

He can still remain at home most time but when it comes to making money go out and make the money to run your family.

See the wife as a secondary supporter of the family.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by ubola: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Completely impossible

if my wife get a better job or foreign job and one of us as to stay home I'll stay home if I can't indepently hire a nanny

but with the stay home I will find something doing, God forbid I'll have to ask my wife for things as little as shaving stick out of not been able to afford it

if it's to look for online work, something something that must bring in money no matter how little

I don't mind my wife doing the most in the house if fate arrange us that way but as a man I must hold my end, at all at all na hin bad
the only only reason I won't do the househusband thing is when I discover that wify is taking 70percent of the income to satisfy her own family. But if am going to be the one to decide how we spend the over 500k monthly salary that comes in. I can even build a private lucrative business out of it that can still help the family in future.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Shapeaso: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
PJtech:

That lady is in her late 50s.. she doesn't have a man talkless of having child(ren)

No one takes her depressed life serious anymore
You this dir...tty pig. How old are you?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Purvan(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
Absolutely

I'd get to bond with my kids especially my daughters and be close with them more than their mom would ever be

I get to do my thing which is not slaving on a 9-5 and enjoy my hobbies
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by PJtech: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
Shapeaso:
You this dir...tty pig. How old are you?

Old enough to give ur mom a reasonable child unlike you😎
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by TMTonpoint: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin grin grin cool shocked
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by donkripton(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
[size=8pt][/size]
Skyview01:
I have seen situations where the wife is very wealthy and there are kids in the family. My question is, can you as a man, leave your job to become a full time house-husband, taking care of the kids and the home while your wife works at her very lucrative job?

The responsible is on the man to hustle. Go and check Genesis.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Gentew(m): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:
I have seen situations where the wife is very wealthy and there are kids in the family. My question is, can you as a man, leave your job to become a full time house-husband, taking care of the kids and the home while your wife works at her very lucrative job?

As a matter of fact, I am available for any interested wealthy lady that is ready to marry me and make me a full time house husband. Terms and conditions applies!!!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by pacificom: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nothing is good about being a full time husband. Even if a man is married to a wealthy wife, he should tap into her wealth to establish a sort of business for himself, and be financially responsible. Although that does not mean that men should not assist their wife's with domestic affairs, especially in a situation where a wife is also working full time elsewhere, but not like a full time househusband.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by masterfactor(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Any man who has to degrade another man's choice because of his one way view of what a man should be is not an alpha and later y'all will be screaming about toxic masculinity

It not toxic masculinity, it the fact, Man was created to be a provider and not the other way around.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by SMJay: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
We have a long wat to go in Nigeria.
talented321:
I can do all chores in my house plus cooking washing of clothes and vice versa. But i will not do those thing when i am married with wife living with me.
I may sometimes assist myself and wife when she stress with other work, but not as a full time house husband to be feed by woman' nah no no
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
Everybody has their opinion' so it is ur own mindset.
SMJay:
We have a long wat to go in Nigeria.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
donkripton:
[size=8pt][/size]

The responsible is on the man to hustle. Go and check Genesis.

What has Genesis got to do with the topic.
I have an acquaintance who almost made $1m dollars last year and has about 5 expensive houses. She is so comfortable the husband does not have to work.
Now, Tell me me what Genesis got to do with anything?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by MightySparrow: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wetin person no go see for Nairaland?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by MightySparrow: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
cococandy:
Okay

Jogolo?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
easzypeaszy:
CURRENT SITUATION OF MY NEIGHBOUR
What is his current situation like? undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by iampeterben(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:
You be fool to think of this. Rubbish!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by nkemjacob2(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Don't ever try do such. Pls don't be house husband. God made man to work woman to be a companion. No matter how wealthy your wife is go and work and earn your respect
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Boyooosa(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
cococandy:
The reason why many guys say this is because they don’t value the work that goes into raising kids, keeping the home and caring for all the family members. If they did, they won’t see it as a demeaning role. Learn to see value in the things your women do for you.
That way you stop asking “what do you bring to the table?” and you’ll stop looking down the caregiving home making role.

See babe, treat my comment differently and don't treat generally....

Had it been you did, that wouldn't have been your response to my comment.

...it simply means, right from growing up, there are some special trainings that have been given to female gender, a huge part of it is built around taking care of the house, kids and building home. In cases we have career ladies, maids' service can be engaged.

You see, naturally, man will not breastfeed, will not back a baby, will not prepare food for the family like a woman, not be AUSE he's proud, lazy nor arrogant but because those chores are not trainings he grew up with, it will end crashing the family if it continues without maids' intervention.

The major point is, let man be the head of the house, find means for the family and let the woman take care of the house...it doesn't stop any of them from helping each other as may be necessary
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Boyooosa(m): 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If women were naturally wired, they wouldn't need to undergo rigorous training they while growing on how to do chores and keep the home as is tradition in most African homes. No gender is naturally wired for any of this. undecided

Even in saner societies, both dudes take care of the home and both work but you see wives on the kitchen often, clean up the house while the husbands clean up the garden often and fend for the family, everyone has roles to play, don't mix it....man will never breastfeed!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Purvan:
Absolutely
I'd get to bond with my kids especially my daughters and be close with them more than their mom would ever be
I get to do my thing which is not slaving on a 9-5 and enjoy my hobbies
@Legislator, come see clue! I know you already expressed how much you detest this idea. But this happens to be one of the reasons why women endure life as housewife or housegirl, as someone put it earlier. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
iampeterben:

You be fool to think of this. Rubbish!

What do you know!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Boyooosa:
■ Even in saner societies, both dudes take care of the home and both work but you see wives on the kitchen often, clean up the house while the husbands clean up the garden often and fend for the family, everyone has roles to play, don't mix it....man will never breastfeed!
What saner clime would that be? I live in one such saner clime and it is pretty much 50/50 here as for who does that. If this had been back during the 80s/90s, I would have agreed with you but since then formerly traditional roles have been upended and people have taken to making up their own traditions as they go. undecided

Gender roles have majorly gone out the window here. Ask my neighbor whose wife mows the lawn and tends to the grass while the husband can be heard inside shouting to the kids about dishes and stuff. undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Poske95(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
I served in 2003 and this was the rhetoric I put before my guys noticing that the number of ladies serving was at an all time high......and as a good analyst, I knew that ladies would want to rival men in all areas....so I argued that I wouldn't mind doing the dishes, cleaning and taking care of the kids if she would switch the traditional roles........ you're asking some 20years later.....
Answer is yes
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
Boyooosa:
■ ...it simply means, right from growing up, there are some special trainings that have been given to female gender, a huge part of it is built around taking care of the house, kids and building home. In cases we have career ladies, maids' service can be engaged.

You see, naturally, man will not breastfeed, will not back a baby, will not prepare food for the family like a woman, not be AUSE he's proud, lazy nor arrogant but because those chores are not trainings he grew up with, it will end crashing the family if it continues without maids' intervention.
Glad you finally see that doing of chores, taking care of Home, etc. , has nothing to do with nature but nuture, and self-discipline ofcourse. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.