Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

My Job Experience: My Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Experience: My Testimony (13024 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by mercy87(f): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
UnimkeAk:

So 140k and transport go chop 70k..

The kind of validations that you guys seek on social media is nauseating

He can relocate closer to his workplace to save cost of tp
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by princejones(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Jesus never fails, is a good God

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by seyijohnson04: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Thanks and glory be to God.
Congrats Op
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gbright560: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
[Pls boss can you refer me ? Tho I currently base in ilorin. Thanks quote author=airsaylongcome post=124541278]I worked as WMS system administrator for a major multi national manufacturing company that had their DC in Alomaja area of Ibadan.

Interesting job o, but naaaaaah. Warehouse work is not for me again [/quote]
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by professore(m): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:
Good day my fellow nairalanders... grin

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

So I was working with this company as an inventory manager ( name withheld).. when I was offered the employment letter, I went through it and it's was really a challenging one...why because I will be working Monday -saturday 8-6 no off days, infact no public holiday, even on Easter day, we were given just a day holiday. And there's is 500 deduction everytime you are late to work.

Well, since this is the only offer letter that came in that period of the series of interview I went, I just have to accept it since there's a lot of bills to pay. And mind you, the pay was just slightly above 60k. Though they were series of bonuses that will b paid if target are met.. and luckily we met a lot of target and I was paid the bonuses two times grin.. though they are still owing me some bonuses even when left, which the management said I will be paid the rest by September.

So I started last year September.. well, the work wasn't that stressful unless some certain days, ...but the work took all my time, why because I don't have time for my self..even time to flex on weekends with my friends sad... even on public holidays of which my friends are always at home chilling, me don reach work. Latest my 8am.. and some certain things I don't like about the work which I won't mention here.

So along the line,I felt tired about the job so I was planning for my exit around April this year...

There's this notion about people that...u just don't leave your job before seeking for another alternative, because you don't know when the next one will come...

Around April -may this year, I was already applying for another job, luckily was getting interview invite some were online interview why some were physical interview.. all the interview I got, I couldn't attend anyone..why?... Because of the nature of this my job...I got interview from konga, from jiji and so on..but the nature of my job won't permit me to go.

So I was reasoning how will I navigate to get good alternative.. well I just took the bold step by quitting first..and face whatever is coming...

So I gave them notice that I will b leaving by June ending (last month).. My plan was to rest a little bit before applying for another jobs again, luckily I might see another one with better pay and all that...

Early this month, I was still apply for jobs because savings don dey run down and y'all know wetin this country dey talk because even person way dey work dey see shege talkless of a jobless person.

Luckily I got my first invite from this oil $ gas logistics company at ikoyi.. we did a virtual interview before I was invited for a test at their company at ikoyi..

On the day of the test, I dressed up ND I was on my way.. I got to oshodi I board a bus going to obalende at oshodi..I heard 1k for the tfare money. Naso I shouted say 1k just from oshodi to obalende. Naso the conductor shouted back at me if u no dey go oga come down...

I was contemplating that won't I just come down and go home , because I don't know if I will pass the test or offered the job, make I no just waste this tfare, this money would have take care some things and enjoy myself.

Luckily the conductor collected his money even before the bus got filled up...so ginger to collect the money back and go home..no dey my body again...so I just made up my mind..make I just go.

I got to the place...a very Serene environment and all....

The lady ushered me to the test room...omo the test I did there pass jamb own...

I did 6 test which include:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

And mind you, I will still do the normal interview again...

I was like which kind wahala b this and secondly I didn't even eat or drink any water before I got there...

I just did the test anyhow..of wish I failed 3 woefully.. and only did well at the power point test, typing test and reasoning test.

I was called in for the proper interview...I met a lady and we started... along the line the CEO joined us.... the interview lasted almost an hour...with series of drilling questions which I did my best to answer them well...

Naso the CEO ask the lady to present her my test score, what came out of the CEO was why did you fall woefully like this, omo I just didn't say anything..I was just looking...he said this test is really poor...well to cut this short...he just said, they will get back to me...in my mind I HV already concluded I won't be called back..

Job seekers take notes of these please,:

After the online interview before I was called for the test, I sent an appreciation email to them...

After the test and the physical interview I did the same again...

On Monday this week I still send a follow up email to them again...

But Glory be to God I was sent an offer letter yesterday with pay x2 my former place, even came with airtime ND data allowance, health insurance, Monday -friday 9-5 ND all....

So, I just have to share these to inspire someone out there..
Abeg make una forgive my English errors ooo..
Thank you all and God bless.
If I may ask, how many people took the test apart Sir?
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by professore(m): 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2023
kingphilip:
Job Hunting these days is even a job on its own.

Not to the talk of the heartless employers he have who give ridiculous job descriptions with little pay that hardly takes the employee home.

Can't wait to be out of the job market.
Just asking, how much do you think is enough to take you out of the job market and to stand on your own?
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by workchopNG: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Olarewaju89:

You don't know what you are saying.

When you travel to a first world country like Australia, Canada, et al... you'll understand him better.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by kingphilip(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
professore:
Just asking, how much do you think is enough to take you out of the job market and to stand on your own?
It varies per person and entirely dependent on what the person wants to stand on with.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by professore(m): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
kingphilip:

It varies per person and entirely dependent on what the person wants to stand on with.

I'm asking you bro, not anyone else.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2023
professore:
If I may ask, how many people took the test apart Sir?

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by professore(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
Daviestunech:

wow, that's serious. Congrats.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Ganjafama(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

U just have to quit a toxic workplace if none is forthcoming, I did that too... No useful time for myself, 7-11pm I wan run mad.... I took to my heels.....
Would you have quit if you have wife and kids looking up to you?
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Ganjafama(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

I got out of one in March, an hotel owned by a former governor managed by one wicked chairman...

He talk on people anyhow, and fond of saying he's untouchable cos he's a politician and roll with high Caliber. He curses employee even beat up a guy at a point. Well I was praying at some point he'd beat me and I will strike back then take issues up with him, very useless person.

People think we the workers are enjoying like mad since it was owned by a former governor and all form of dignities lodge there.

My employment contract stated different role but I was moved to a different department to work, not quite long, I was moved to another cos one of their old staff angrily resigned cos of the man abuse.

In space of 4-5 months I was moved or will I say yeye promotion thrice, yet salary didn't improve. It got to a point I was the only one working in the store department, doing all the work, a big hotel.

There was a new building extension they were doing that time as well, and I was the one also supervising the store where all materials are kept, I'd be the one receiving and issuing out every bullshits concerning the site.
The site engineer and architect pitied me at some point and protested the company employ an assistant for me yet they kept giving excuses.

All these are totally off the job description I signed.

I lost everything in me, I was a shadow of my self. I started loosing weight that the attraction of people got to me and they started asking me to go for check up.

Haaa ino contact any thing oo I do shout.

I had little sleep, we resume by 7am and closes God knows time and the closing time on the contract stated 5pm. There was a time I got home by 12am and I'd resume by 7am again which I do wake up by ,4 or 5am.

The company do recruit here and there, very useless place. I could remember we were 12 that came in, in my batch, 6 made out just after a week. Hard working old staff, all left but the chairman believe in soldier comes and go, barrack no dey empty. Very intelligent individual has left that place.

The treatment was just so bad, over use of staff and staff shortage. A person can be doing the work of 3 people yet collect salary of just one person.

No good company management, everybody working for the purpose of eye service in courtesy of the so-called chairman.

Co-workers will be shouting on each other, no coordination and no professionalism. Manager will be giving bad report concerning his team members, it got to a point there were party in the company and they were fighting physically and even otherwise.

My mental health moved from bad to worse, I had to tender resignation letter which they rejected, I had to battle it out with them and exit that evil place.
This is the exact situation I'm passing through but I'm still hanging on because I have a wife and kids D's looking up to me.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gentlesoul2021(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ganjafama:
This is the exact situation I'm passing through but I'm still hanging on because I have a wife and kids D's looking up to me.

Hmmmm boss,,, more strength to u....

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by PeaceNation: 4:12am On Jul 27, 2023
Daviestunech:
Good day my fellow nairalanders... grin

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

I .

A big amen to your prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cummins Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Apply For 2017 Australia Government MSc Scholarship For Nigerians- 2.2 Can Apply / Nerc Recruitment By Restral Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.