Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

My Job Experience: My Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Experience: My Testimony (13010 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Good day my fellow nairalanders... grin

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

So I was working with this company as an inventory manager ( name withheld).. when I was offered the employment letter, I went through it and it's was really a challenging one...why because I will be working Monday -saturday 8-6 no off days, infact no public holiday, even on Easter day, we were given just a day holiday. And there's is 500 deduction everytime you are late to work.

Well, since this is the only offer letter that came in that period of the series of interview I went, I just have to accept it since there's a lot of bills to pay. And mind you, the pay was just slightly above 60k. Though they were series of bonuses that will b paid if target are met.. and luckily we met a lot of target and I was paid the bonuses two times grin.. though they are still owing me some bonuses even when left, which the management said I will be paid the rest by September.

So I started last year September.. well, the work wasn't that stressful unless some certain days, ...but the work took all my time, why because I don't have time for my self..even time to flex on weekends with my friends sad... even on public holidays of which my friends are always at home chilling, me don reach work. Latest my 8am.. and some certain things I don't like about the work which I won't mention here.

So along the line,I felt tired about the job so I was planning for my exit around April this year...

There's this notion about people that...u just don't leave your job before seeking for another alternative, because you don't know when the next one will come...

Around April -may this year, I was already applying for another job, luckily was getting interview invite some were online interview why some were physical interview.. all the interview I got, I couldn't attend anyone..why?... Because of the nature of this my job...I got interview from konga, from jiji and so on..but the nature of my job won't permit me to go.

So I was reasoning how will I navigate to get good alternative.. well I just took the bold step by quitting first..and face whatever is coming...

So I gave them notice that I will b leaving by June ending (last month).. My plan was to rest a little bit before applying for another jobs again, luckily I might see another one with better pay and all that...

Early this month, I was still apply for jobs because savings don dey run down and y'all know wetin this country dey talk because even person way dey work dey see shege talkless of a jobless person.

Luckily I got my first invite from this oil $ gas logistics company at ikoyi.. we did a virtual interview before I was invited for a test at their company at ikoyi..

On the day of the test, I dressed up ND I was on my way.. I got to oshodi I board a bus going to obalende at oshodi..I heard 1k for the tfare money. Naso I shouted say 1k just from oshodi to obalende. Naso the conductor shouted back at me if u no dey go oga come down...

I was contemplating that won't I just come down and go home , because I don't know if I will pass the test or offered the job, make I no just waste this tfare, this money would have take care some things and enjoy myself.

Luckily the conductor collected his money even before the bus got filled up...so ginger to collect the money back and go home..no dey my body again...so I just made up my mind..make I just go.

I got to the place...a very Serene environment and all....

The lady ushered me to the test room...omo the test I did there pass jamb own...

I did 6 test which include:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

And mind you, I will still do the normal interview again...

I was like which kind wahala b this and secondly I didn't even eat or drink any water before I got there...

I just did the test anyhow..of wish I failed 3 woefully.. and only did well at the power point test, typing test and reasoning test.

I was called in for the proper interview...I met a lady and we started... along the line the CEO joined us.... the interview lasted almost an hour...with series of drilling questions which I did my best to answer them well...

Naso the CEO ask the lady to present her my test score, what came out of the CEO was why did you fall woefully like this, omo I just didn't say anything..I was just looking...he said this test is really poor...well to cut this short...he just said, they will get back to me...in my mind I HV already concluded I won't be called back..

Job seekers take notes of these please,:

After the online interview before I was called for the test, I sent an appreciation email to them...

After the test and the physical interview I did the same again...

On Monday this week I still send a follow up email to them again...

But Glory be to God I was sent an offer letter yesterday with pay x2 my former place, even came with airtime ND data allowance, health insurance, Monday -friday 9-5 ND all....

So, I just have to share these to inspire someone out there..
Abeg make una forgive my English errors ooo..
Thank you all and God bless.

264 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by dogtails(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Mehn this is a big one..Congrats to you bro,please I'm also job hunting can I please have ur number I have some questions to ask

10 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by westlius(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Congratulations bro
Nairaland will learn alot from ur post
Congratulations

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by RoadMozart(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Congrats bro.... More doors to open for you

4 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
dogtails:
Mehn this is a big one..Congrats to you bro,please I'm also job hunting can I please have ur number I have some questions to ask

Thnx bro

3 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
westlius:
Congratulations bro
Nairaland will learn alot from ur post
Congratulations

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
dogtails:

4 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
RoadMozart:
Congrats bro.... More doors to open for you

Amen and you 2

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Zee0007: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Congratulations sir OP. More money for you.

Lord provide 5k for me before tomorrow's deadline to get the handout in school. The same way you did a mind-blowing testimony for OP. cry cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Karlifate: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
Congratulations, bro

I understand your predicament

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by davefieldpop(m): 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Congrats bro
I remember those days of working 7am to 6pm Mon-Sat at Ikotun as a Production Manager with meagre pay.
As a manager I shouldn't do some things but had to turn myself to casual worker to meet target set by the owner of the factory who is illiterate, doesn't pay his workers well so there was no motivation for them to do extra.
The production machines were old so it gets spoilt easily, I would be the burden bearer of the blame. Life was my made hard for me, but I was sincere all through, never took a dime for myself that want mine.
If you missed a day due to illness,a day wages would be deducted.I missed one virtual interview one day due to ill timing on his part walking into the factory at that particular scheduled time, Gosh felt like crying.
I would wake up in the morning and life will be hellish thinking of the kind of day ahead.
I quitted one day, after deducting like 12% of my salary, and I thank God always for the decision. I never collected a full salary all through my stay there.

10 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
davefieldpop:
Congrats bro
I remember those days of working 7am to 6pm Mon-Sat at Ikotun as a Production Manager with meagre pay.
As a manager I shouldn't do some things but had to turn myself to casual worker to meet target set by the owner of the factory who is illiterate, doesn't pay his workers well so there was no motivation for them to do extra.
The production machines were old so it gets spoilt easily, I would be the burden bearer of the blame. Life was my made hard for me, but I was sincere all through, never took a dime for myself that want mine.
If you missed a day due to illness,a day wages would be
deducted.I missed one virtual interview one day due to ill timing on his part walking into the factory at that particular scheduled time, Gosh felt like crying.
I would wake up in the morning and life will be hellish thinking of the kind of day ahead.
I quitted one day, after deducting like 12% of my salary, and I thank God always for the decision. I never collected a full salary all through my stay there.

It's well....I remember I requested for two days off from work... because I had one interview, the hr declined it...omo I had to go make Dem do their worst, I was absent for 2days....omo when I was to be paid, dey deducted 10k from my salary....

Although I still get the job from the company...why I didn't accept the offer of that company was that, I wasn't given an offer letter, they just ask me to resume with a stated salary (still higher)...but I told them no offer letter, I'm not resuming..na why I left.

12 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Leggodeals(f): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wow this is great. Congratulations

Modified:

If you are looking for genuine jobs where you don't have to pay before getting one, check out https:///184037139835240/ All my jobs are free

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by GiftAbia1: 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by colonelwealth(m): 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Daviestunech:

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

So I was working with this company as an inventory manager ( name withheld).. when I was offered the employment letter, I went through it and it's was really a challenging one...why because I will be working Monday -saturday 8-6 no off days, infact no public holiday, even on Easter day, we were given just a day holiday. And there's is 500 deduction everytime you are late to work.

Well, since this is the only offer letter that came in that period of the series of interview I went, I just have to accept it since there's a lot of bills to pay. And mind you, the pay was just slightly above 60k. Though they were series of bonuses that will b paid if target are met.. and luckily we met a lot of target and I was paid the bonuses two times grin.. though they are still owing me some bonuses even when left, which the management said I will be paid the rest by September.

So I started last year September.. well, the work wasn't that stressful unless some certain days, ...but the work took all my time, why because I don't have time for my self..even time to flex on weekends with my friends sad... even on public holidays of which my friends are always at home chilling, me don reach work. Latest my 8am.. and some certain things I don't like about the work which I won't mention here.

So along the line,I felt tired about the job so I was planning for my exit around April this year...

There's this notion about people that...u just don't leave your job before seeking for another alternative, because you don't know when the next one will come...

Around April -may this year, I was already applying for another job, luckily was getting interview invite some were online interview why some were physical interview.. all the interview I got, I couldn't attend anyone..why?... Because of the nature of this my job...I got interview from konga, from jiji and so on..but the nature of my job won't permit me to go.

So I was reasoning how will I navigate to get good alternative.. well I just took the bold step by quitting first..and face whatever is coming...

So I gave them notice that I will b leaving by June ending (last month).. My plan was to rest a little bit before applying for another jobs again, luckily I might see another one with better pay and all that...

Early this month, I was still apply for jobs because savings don dey run down and y'all know wetin this country dey talk because even person way dey work dey see shege talkless of a jobless person.

Luckily I got my first invite from this oil $ gas logistics company at ikoyi.. we did a virtual interview before I was invited for a test at their company at ikoyi..

On the day of the test, I dressed up ND I was on my way.. I got to oshodi I board a bus going to obalende at oshodi..I heard 1k for the tfare money. Naso I shouted say 1k just from oshodi to obalende. Naso the conductor shouted back at me if u no dey go oga come down...

I was contemplating that won't I just come down and go home , because I don't know if I will pass the test or offered the job, make I no just waste this tfare, this money would have take care some things and enjoy myself.

Luckily the conductor collected his money even before the bus got filled up...so ginger to collect the money back and go home..no dey my body again...so I just made up my mind..make I just go.

The lady ushered me to the test room...omo the test I did there pass jamb own...

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

I was like which kind wahala b this and secondly I didn't even eat or drink any water before I got there...

I just did the test anyhow..of wish I failed 3 woefully.. and only did well at the power point test, typing test and reasoning test.

I was called in for the proper interview...I met a lady and we started... along the line the CEO joined us.... the interview lasted almost an hour...with series of drilling questions which I did my best to answer them well...

Naso the CEO ask the lady to present her my test score, what came out of the CEO was why did you fall woefully like this, omo I just didn't say anything..I was just looking...he said this test is really poor...well to cut this short...he just said, they will get back to me...in my mind I HV already concluded I won't be called back..

After the online interview before I was called for the test, I sent an appreciation email to them...

But Glory be to God I was sent an offer letter yesterday with pay x2 my former place, even came with airtime ND data allowance, health insurance, Monday -friday 9-5 ND all....

Congratulations 🎉 you have seen the glory of God!

7 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by NaijaCover(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
All The Best

Is Still Active Here, Looking For News To Publish Here On Blogging Business

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by kingphilip(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Job Hunting these days is even a job on its own.

Not to the talk of the heartless employers he have who give ridiculous job descriptions with little pay that hardly takes the employee home.

Can't wait to be out of the job market.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Hopefully2023: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations bro.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Thank you.. Moderator for bringing it to fp

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by ipobarecriminals: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
Goodness and mercy @ work. Thank God u let go that 1k. Keep praising God, more, bigger and better coming
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by judedwriter(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations, our God is gracious and kind smiley
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by dahmie2013: 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations, greater heights.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by udeh3(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations brother
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by GboyegaD(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
Thanks be unto God.

Why would an O&G company pay something so paltry in this current economy or you choose to be modest about the pay?
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by iampeterben(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
We thank God
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by UnimkeAk(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

So 140k and transport go chop 70k..

The kind of validations that you guys seek on social media is nauseating
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by SmartPolician: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
Please God doesn't provide jobs. The people and government In a working society create jobs for themselves as a way of enriching lives. It's high time we started using our brains in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Kemadealadire(f): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congrats oh, come and pay your tithe.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Kingpele(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations God is faithful
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
UnimkeAk:

Nobody is seeking for a validations here, try ND read and understand bro.... its just to give hope to people still searching for job

13 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by advanceDNA: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
UnimkeAk:

Its a win for him at his level....there's no crime in being grateful for the small wins ...

6 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by SimpleDan3: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Railway Corporation Recruitment / Barron's Gmat / Otti Plans To Recruit 5,000 Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.