Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

My Job Experience: My Testimony - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Experience: My Testimony (13011 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by ejire042(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Let me encourage someone today. My story is what I don't wish anyone here. Since 2011 I have not had a reasonable job. None has paid me up to 100k. Got married 2014 still without a well paying job. It was tough. Was living on my wife's salary which was 60k at that time till it grew to 100k.
It was crazy. Two kids and no decent job. Pressure was on my wife and it was affecting our marriage.
Then God decided to "Have my time".
Last year while I was in the deepest state of lack and after relocating from where I use to live(after several advice to move out). One week after I moved to a new apartment, I got a call for a job that the recruiter said was just for a few months and they will be paying 50k.
I had no choice and when the company called, it was one the leading multinational company in the aviation industry.
I started the job and did my best to deliver. Created a good rapport with the staffs.
When I left, they called me again for another opening on contract.
Finally I have been called permanently to fill up an opening that I have zero experience in.
My salary almost half a million. It's just unbelievable. From zero to hero. I know no one. My colleagues still find it hard to believe I don't know anyone.
But I lied to them, because I know the one who can do all things. Jesus.
He did it for me o.
Each day when I enter the office, I keep saying, "Thank you Jesus". It can only be Him.
Please if you reading this, just believe. Like He did it for me, He will do yours.

I've posted this on other platforms, just felt it is suitable for this one too

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by iCauseTrouble: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by b3llo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by b3llo(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
ejire042:
Let me encourage someone today. My story is what I don't wish anyone here. Since 2011 I have not had a reasonable job. None has paid me up to 100k. Got married 2014 still without a well paying job. It was tough. Was living on my wife's salary which was 60k at that time till it grew to 100k.
It was crazy. Two kids and no decent job. Pressure was on my wife and it was affecting our marriage.
Last year while I was in the deepest state of lack and after relocating from where I use to live(after several advice to move out). One week after I moved to a new apartment, I got a call for a job that the recruiter said was just for a few months and they will be paying 50k.
I had no choice and when the company called, it was one the leading multinational company in the aviation industry.
I started the job and did my best to deliver. Created a good rapport with the staffs.
Finally I have been called permanently to fill up an opening that I have zero experience in.
My salary almost half a million. It's just unbelievable. From zero to hero. I know no one. My colleagues still find it hard to believe I don't know anyone.
He did it for me o.
Each day when I enter the office, I keep saying, "Thank you Jesus". It can only be Him.
Please if you reading this, just believe. Like He did it for me, He will do yours.

congratulations and I key into this testimony.

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Stevosty: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
How did you write your appreciation letter?
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Daviestunech(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
ejire042:
He did it for me o.

Congratulations bro...I rejoice with you

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by airsaylongcome: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
I worked as WMS system administrator for a major multi national manufacturing company that had their DC in Alomaja area of Ibadan.

Interesting job o, but naaaaaah. Warehouse work is not for me again
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by teacherbim(f): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
ejire042:
He did it for me o.

Congratulations, God is good

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Olarewaju89: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
Please God doesn't provide jobs. The people and government In a working society create jobs for themselves as a way of enriching lives. It's high time we started using our brains in this part of the world.

You don't know what you are saying.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Angy55(f): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations to you
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by MrSmithy: 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congrats! And please make sure you give your best to them atleast make dem no say all this exams like mathematics, English language no be the best way to evalutate or pick the best candidate cox the application of your work experience in a business environment should be taken into consideration more than writing interview mathematics exams. Give 20 candidates mathematics to solve i bet u 19 of them will fail woefully but just bring them in real work environment and see how excellently they will perform. So our firms should just upgrade there employment protocols to fit in better with our Graduates

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Confiture: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:
Good day my fellow nairalanders... grin

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

So I was working with this company as an inventory manager ( name withheld).. when I was offered the employment letter, I went through it and it's was really a challenging one...why because I will be working Monday -saturday 8-6 no off days, infact no public holiday, even on Easter day, we were given just a day holiday. And there's is 500 deduction everytime you are late to work.

Well, since this is the only offer letter that came in that period of the series of interview I went, I just have to accept it since there's a lot of bills to pay. And mind you, the pay was just slightly above 60k. Though they were series of bonuses that will b paid if target are met.. and luckily we met a lot of target and I was paid the bonuses two times grin.. though they are still owing me some bonuses even when left, which the management said I will be paid the rest by September.

So I started last year September.. well, the work wasn't that stressful unless some certain days, ...but the work took all my time, why because I don't have time for my self..even time to flex on weekends with my friends sad... even on public holidays of which my friends are always at home chilling, me don reach work. Latest my 8am.. and some certain things I don't like about the work which I won't mention here.

So along the line,I felt tired about the job so I was planning for my exit around April this year...

There's this notion about people that...u just don't leave your job before seeking for another alternative, because you don't know when the next one will come...

Around April -may this year, I was already applying for another job, luckily was getting interview invite some were online interview why some were physical interview.. all the interview I got, I couldn't attend anyone..why?... Because of the nature of this my job...I got interview from konga, from jiji and so on..but the nature of my job won't permit me to go.

So I was reasoning how will I navigate to get good alternative.. well I just took the bold step by quitting first..and face whatever is coming...

So I gave them notice that I will b leaving by June ending (last month).. My plan was to rest a little bit before applying for another jobs again, luckily I might see another one with better pay and all that...

Early this month, I was still apply for jobs because savings don dey run down and y'all know wetin this country dey talk because even person way dey work dey see shege talkless of a jobless person.

Luckily I got my first invite from this oil $ gas logistics company at ikoyi.. we did a virtual interview before I was invited for a test at their company at ikoyi..

On the day of the test, I dressed up ND I was on my way.. I got to oshodi I board a bus going to obalende at oshodi..I heard 1k for the tfare money. Naso I shouted say 1k just from oshodi to obalende. Naso the conductor shouted back at me if u no dey go oga come down...

I was contemplating that won't I just come down and go home , because I don't know if I will pass the test or offered the job, make I no just waste this tfare, this money would have take care some things and enjoy myself.

Luckily the conductor collected his money even before the bus got filled up...so ginger to collect the money back and go home..no dey my body again...so I just made up my mind..make I just go.

I got to the place...a very Serene environment and all....

The lady ushered me to the test room...omo the test I did there pass jamb own...

I did 6 test which include:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

And mind you, I will still do the normal interview again...

I was like which kind wahala b this and secondly I didn't even eat or drink any water before I got there...

I just did the test anyhow..of wish I failed 3 woefully.. and only did well at the power point test, typing test and reasoning test.

I was called in for the proper interview...I met a lady and we started... along the line the CEO joined us.... the interview lasted almost an hour...with series of drilling questions which I did my best to answer them well...

Naso the CEO ask the lady to present her my test score, what came out of the CEO was why did you fall woefully like this, omo I just didn't say anything..I was just looking...he said this test is really poor...well to cut this short...he just said, they will get back to me...in my mind I HV already concluded I won't be called back..

Job seekers take notes of these please,:

After the online interview before I was called for the test, I sent an appreciation email to them...

After the test and the physical interview I did the same again...

On Monday this week I still send a follow up email to them again...

But Glory be to God I was sent an offer letter yesterday with pay x2 my former place, even came with airtime ND data allowance, health insurance, Monday -friday 9-5 ND all....

So, I just have to share these to inspire someone out there..
Abeg make una forgive my English errors ooo..
Thank you all and God bless.
I will take note of the bolded. The offers I'm getting these days are very far from my house and transport fare isn't smiling at all.

Congratulations to you. Better opportunities are coming your way.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

oladeleomololu243@gmail.com.. Email me..will send my WhatsApp number

Can I add u on LinkedIn.... Inventory management, store administration and stock management has been the career path I choosed, maybe I can learn one or two from u.
Congratulations on your latest feat.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Cerberus(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Indeed. You are very correct on this. While praying and all that works mysteriously in this chaos of existence, God or any other being won't create jobs nor make more available for people. It is the years upon years of self-inflicted tribalism, political irresponsibility, religious hypocrisy and social degradation that have caused us to be like this. Sane climes don't let their people disturb God for everything cry
SmartPolician:
Please God doesn't provide jobs. The people and government In a working society create jobs for themselves as a way of enriching lives. It's high time we started using our brains in this part of the world.

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
davefieldpop:
Congrats bro
I remember those days of working 7am to 6pm Mon-Sat at Ikotun as a Production Manager with meagre pay.
As a manager I shouldn't do some things but had to turn myself to casual worker to meet target set by the owner of the factory who is illiterate, doesn't pay his workers well so there was no motivation for them to do extra.
The production machines were old so it gets spoilt easily, I would be the burden bearer of the blame. Life was my made hard for me, but I was sincere all through, never took a dime for myself that want mine.
If you missed a day due to illness,a day wages would be deducted.I missed one virtual interview one day due to ill timing on his part walking into the factory at that particular scheduled time, Gosh felt like crying.
I would wake up in the morning and life will be hellish thinking of the kind of day ahead.
I quitted one day, after deducting like 12% of my salary, and I thank God always for the decision. I never collected a full salary all through my stay there.

U just have to quit a toxic workplace if none is forthcoming, I did that too... No useful time for myself, 7-11pm I wan run mad.... I took to my heels.....
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by GreatAchiever1: 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by abobote: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gentlesoul2021(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
davefieldpop:
Congrats bro
I remember those days of working 7am to 6pm Mon-Sat at Ikotun as a Production Manager with meagre pay.
As a manager I shouldn't do some things but had to turn myself to casual worker to meet target set by the owner of the factory who is illiterate, doesn't pay his workers well so there was no motivation for them to do extra.
The production machines were old so it gets spoilt easily, I would be the burden bearer of the blame. Life was my made hard for me, but I was sincere all through, never took a dime for myself that want mine.
If you missed a day due to illness,a day wages would be deducted.I missed one virtual interview one day due to ill timing on his part walking into the factory at that particular scheduled time, Gosh felt like crying.
I would wake up in the morning and life will be hellish thinking of the kind of day ahead.
I quitted one day, after deducting like 12% of my salary, and I thank God always for the decision. I never collected a full salary all through my stay there.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Gentlesoul2021(m): 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Before I start this my write up...I want to say a prayer that may God provides a tangible jobs to those that are dare need of a job..(Amen).

So I was working with this company as an inventory manager ( name withheld).. when I was offered the employment letter, I went through it and it's was really a challenging one...why because I will be working Monday -saturday 8-6 no off days, infact no public holiday, even on Easter day, we were given just a day holiday. And there's is 500 deduction everytime you are late to work.

Well, since this is the only offer letter that came in that period of the series of interview I went, I just have to accept it since there's a lot of bills to pay. And mind you, the pay was just slightly above 60k. Though they were series of bonuses that will b paid if target are met.. and luckily we met a lot of target and I was paid the bonuses two times grin.. though they are still owing me some bonuses even when left, which the management said I will be paid the rest by September.

So I started last year September.. well, the work wasn't that stressful unless some certain days, ...but the work took all my time, why because I don't have time for my self..even time to flex on weekends with my friends sad... even on public holidays of which my friends are always at home chilling, me don reach work. Latest my 8am.. and some certain things I don't like about the work which I won't mention here.

So along the line,I felt tired about the job so I was planning for my exit around April this year...

There's this notion about people that...u just don't leave your job before seeking for another alternative, because you don't know when the next one will come...

Around April -may this year, I was already applying for another job, luckily was getting interview invite some were online interview why some were physical interview.. all the interview I got, I couldn't attend anyone..why?... Because of the nature of this my job...I got interview from konga, from jiji and so on..but the nature of my job won't permit me to go.

So I was reasoning how will I navigate to get good alternative.. well I just took the bold step by quitting first..and face whatever is coming...

So I gave them notice that I will b leaving by June ending (last month).. My plan was to rest a little bit before applying for another jobs again, luckily I might see another one with better pay and all that...

Early this month, I was still apply for jobs because savings don dey run down and y'all know wetin this country dey talk because even person way dey work dey see shege talkless of a jobless person.

Luckily I got my first invite from this oil $ gas logistics company at ikoyi.. we did a virtual interview before I was invited for a test at their company at ikoyi..

On the day of the test, I dressed up ND I was on my way.. I got to oshodi I board a bus going to obalende at oshodi..I heard 1k for the tfare money. Naso I shouted say 1k just from oshodi to obalende. Naso the conductor shouted back at me if u no dey go oga come down...

I was contemplating that won't I just come down and go home , because I don't know if I will pass the test or offered the job, make I no just waste this tfare, this money would have take care some things and enjoy myself.

Luckily the conductor collected his money even before the bus got filled up...so ginger to collect the money back and go home..no dey my body again...so I just made up my mind..make I just go.

The lady ushered me to the test room...omo the test I did there pass jamb own...

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

I was like which kind wahala b this and secondly I didn't even eat or drink any water before I got there...

I just did the test anyhow..of wish I failed 3 woefully.. and only did well at the power point test, typing test and reasoning test.

I was called in for the proper interview...I met a lady and we started... along the line the CEO joined us.... the interview lasted almost an hour...with series of drilling questions which I did my best to answer them well...

Naso the CEO ask the lady to present her my test score, what came out of the CEO was why did you fall woefully like this, omo I just didn't say anything..I was just looking...he said this test is really poor...well to cut this short...he just said, they will get back to me...in my mind I HV already concluded I won't be called back..

After the online interview before I was called for the test, I sent an appreciation email to them...

But Glory be to God I was sent an offer letter yesterday with pay x2 my former place, even came with airtime ND data allowance, health insurance, Monday -friday 9-5 ND all....

I got out of one in March, an hotel owned by a former governor managed by one wicked chairman...

He talk on people anyhow, and fond of saying he's untouchable cos he's a politician and roll with high Caliber. He curses employee even beat up a guy at a point. Well I was praying at some point he'd beat me and I will strike back then take issues up with him, very useless person.

People think we the workers are enjoying like mad since it was owned by a former governor and all form of dignities lodge there.

My employment contract stated different role but I was moved to a different department to work, not quite long, I was moved to another cos one of their old staff angrily resigned cos of the man abuse.

In space of 4-5 months I was moved or will I say yeye promotion thrice, yet salary didn't improve. It got to a point I was the only one working in the store department, doing all the work, a big hotel.

There was a new building extension they were doing that time as well, and I was the one also supervising the store where all materials are kept, I'd be the one receiving and issuing out every bullshits concerning the site.
The site engineer and architect pitied me at some point and protested the company employ an assistant for me yet they kept giving excuses.

All these are totally off the job description I signed.

I lost everything in me, I was a shadow of my self. I started loosing weight that the attraction of people got to me and they started asking me to go for check up.

Haaa ino contact any thing oo I do shout.

I had little sleep, we resume by 7am and closes God knows time and the closing time on the contract stated 5pm. There was a time I got home by 12am and I'd resume by 7am again which I do wake up by ,4 or 5am.

The company do recruit here and there, very useless place. I could remember we were 12 that came in, in my batch, 6 made out just after a week. Hard working old staff, all left but the chairman believe in soldier comes and go, barrack no dey empty. Very intelligent individual has left that place.

The treatment was just so bad, over use of staff and staff shortage. A person can be doing the work of 3 people yet collect salary of just one person.

No good company management, everybody working for the purpose of eye service in courtesy of the so-called chairman.

Co-workers will be shouting on each other, no coordination and no professionalism. Manager will be giving bad report concerning his team members, it got to a point there were party in the company and they were fighting physically and even otherwise.

My mental health moved from bad to worse, I had to tender resignation letter which they rejected, I had to battle it out with them and exit that evil place.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by victorikpe(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

Congratulations bro
God works in mysterious ways...
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Azzik: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

Congrats bro.. this is very inspiring and motivating. Have learnt something important from this write-up.

1 Like

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by slan87(m): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by rabiudon: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
I have almost same experience. I have been on a job that paid 160k at Ikoyi for about 4 and half years as a contract staff, I live on the mainland. I have been stagnant on that job all these years. But as fate will have it, I have resumed another job this month which is paying 350k+ as a permanent staff. Pay will be reviewed after 2 months probation.

All I will say is to keep pushing, and keep developing yourselves, and also don't loose hope or look down on yourself.

Peace be unto you

2 Likes

Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by bonnyhope: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

Glory be to God

What is the salary range
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by phemmyfour: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daviestunech:

Math test
Verbal test
Reasoning test
Excel test
Power point test
Typing test

So in your mind, you think it's about your appreciation letter

If only you know how many of such mails were received. When it comes to getting a job, there is no one size fits all. It depends on what the hiring manager is looking for at the particular point in time
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by bonnyhope: 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
advanceDNA:

Its a win for him at his level....there's no crime in being grateful for the small wins ...

Abi na

Everyone may not be fortunate to be collecting millions
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by Chiuzk: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
To God alone be the glory, and congratulations to you bro.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by ibawon(m): 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
I tap into the grace. Congratulations Sir.
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congrats
Re: My Job Experience: My Testimony by kherlly(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations maybe I'll take this bold step of quitting job then look for work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barron's Gmat / Otti Plans To Recruit 5,000 Teachers / Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.