Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? (14611 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Kobicove(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
Virgo01:

ChatGPT written wink

grin
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by ibechris(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hmm
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Mishhcre(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hang on, when you get your next job, you can then resign.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Afingo4luv: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
I won't say take a walk for now because i don't know your financial status which you know better. Continue managing the stuff for now while you grow your audience and also put up application in some other firm like the previous one you rejected. You will definitely drop theirs at the right time when things are set. If you are fit financially for now, just let them be and move on

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Kcfresh2103(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
I had similar experience here in PH, the MD's head is empty. As in I mean empty. The day I left guy man find cry he no see. The thing pain the guy, and you know what I left without any option B. Two months later I got a better offer. No be me person go use dey count scores everyday for him own failure.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by MrSmithy: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
Bro!Let me share with you how i did mine in same situation but previously...all u will do is just remain with them and keep applying other jobs, dont give any rudy attitude or behaviour rather stay calm with them no matter how tough it seem pending when u get another offer then u can move but please dont tell them u are resigning until uve gotten ur full salary and bonuses otherwise they will never want to pay u if u tell them about ur resignation. Always act like a big fool if u wanna get something from someone otherwise its impossible...This was how i treated my previous company and e shock dem immediately i got my pay i left cox an offer was already pending waiting for my resumption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Well done, endure till you get another job.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by middlebelter(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
There are two suggestions that I have for you. The first has been offered by many earlier on this page. That is RESIGNATION
The second is take a leave about the time a project is coming. either sick leave with Doctor's suggestion or a family matter that is very serious. In taking this decsion, please just check your consicience. So, let the son of the man face the project to prove his competence. Let the father know that it wasn't his son working hard through the outcome of the project.
If he failed to delvery, they will value you and respect you more next time, if he's able to wriggle his way through it successfully, it means you are over estimating your importance in the organization so you embrace opition number one again.

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by GambaOsaka: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
I had similar experience here in PH, the MD's head is empty. As in I mean empty. The day I left guy man find cry he no see. The thing pain the guy, and you know what I left without any option B. Two months later I got a better offer. No be me person go use dey count scores everyday for him own failure.
Bro, you took a huge risk. Imagine what will happen if you didn’t get the other job after two months. Don’t you think you’d regret leaving the MD’ s place before getting another ?
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Watinhapen(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
Do not resign now. Look for another job before resigning. You have a wife and 2 children. You should always put their welfare first. You made a mistake by not accepting the 350k job simply because of traffic. I won’t advice you to remain in a job where you are constantly blamed and insulted. The truth is that the owner of that company will regret when you leave because they can’t do what you’re doing. You’re experienced, you will easily find another job. Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by FoggedBrain: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
hydenmatt007:
Experiencing injustice at the workplace can be incredibly challenging and emotionally draining. Deciding whether to resign or hang on in such a situation depends on various factors and requires careful consideration. Here are some steps to help you make an informed decision:

Evaluate the Situation: Take a step back and objectively assess the extent of the injustice and its impact on your well-being and career. Consider the nature of the injustice, the frequency, and whether it's affecting your physical and mental health.

Talk to Someone: Discuss your concerns with a trusted colleague, friend, family member, or mentor. Getting an outside perspective can provide valuable insights and support.

Document Incidents: Keep a record of any incidents related to the injustice, including dates, times, individuals involved, and details of what happened. This documentation may be useful if you decide to escalate the issue to human resources or higher authorities.

Review Company Policies: Familiarize yourself with your company's policies and procedures for reporting workplace issues. Many organizations have mechanisms in place for handling grievances and ensuring a safe work environment.

Dude you don't have to reply post with chatGPT response.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Kcfresh2103(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
GambaOsaka:

Bro, you took a huge risk. Imagine what will happen if you didn’t get the other job after two months. Don’t you think you’d regret leaving the MD’ s place before getting another ?
you won't understand guy. I was losing my head gradually, I did not want to result to fighting someone at the work place. It was risky but I was left with no choice. Actually meself suffer the thing small.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Smartguyboy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:
1. I work in a project development company.

2. I am at the assistant manager level.

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.
He would okay many things and I can't say otherwise.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

This has been going on for like 3 years now.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

I'm currently in Abuja. I was scared of the traffic in Lagos.

I really don't know what to do anymore...

This issue is affecting my mental health.

This guy talks down on me anyhow without respect.

This is a guy that can't properly put together a common letter.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

I am married with 2 kids. What should I do?

I guess with your experience getting another job will be very easy for you why not start now looking for another one before thinking of resigning?
The economy is very and it will be a bad idea 👎 to resign now just look for another job before you resign or your plan B make sure you are getting enough income to keep up with your family.
Think about it though.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by IPDGP: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2023
Different working place with their own problem, but if it's becoming unbearable look for another place and quit, that what I did I secure a new job before leaving my previous place of work, though this one too get him own problem but at least better than where I dey before
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by gassbee: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
300k, bring more insults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by kemiomobomi: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
you lucky, you are being paid well for insults. The street hard o. I for advice make you stay small. We that are working for indians, dem go insult us and still pay peanuts.

I can understand your situation: I was just like you. A utility staff - I tell you, no employer will let you go, na you know no yourself.

Tips:
Dont work on oral instructions, advice them to put it in writing - thru email or whatsapp group
When they yell at you, please yell back. When they threatened you will sack, tell them, you are ready to go
Please dont resign but plan your exit in-case my tips do not work.

Whether u stay or go you will still meet these kind of people in business or work, you cant run, you have to fight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by chatinent: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
I won't let anyone treat me like trash. You are paying me for my services not feeding me!

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by FreeStuffsNG: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Please get help immediately. Discuss with your parents first. Your parents can join you in prayers too. If Esther could pray and fast to make God change the heart of the king, you can do so too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by stanisbaratheon: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Intensify your job search elsewhere. Don't resign until you get another job, except your life is threatened where you currently work.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Azzik: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

I think with your skill and experience you can get a better job or start something that could pay you better. If you have save some money I think you should plan quitting that job for your rest of mind and sanity.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by woleabayo(f): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
well you can make your serch on the job in lagos if they are good firm and they did not own their workers of in any mess i would advice you resign and relocate since their is accomodation. and also if you still like your for job what i will advice as a friend is you should always stood your ground on matters that warrant that, let them see that you know what you are doing instead of them pushing about like a doming. i bet you if you stand your ground once they will respect you and it even elivate you.
LithiumSupplier:

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by mauchiz: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Please be patient until you get another job, Nigeria is not smiling.
Just forgive them, any time you get a job, check it very well before resigning.
I pray that God will help you get a good job soon.
Please be patient and endure, everything will be fine very soon.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by CJStarz: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
Believe me bro, take that leap in the dark .You'd be glad you did.

LithiumSupplier:

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by janvier27(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
I can relate with some contents of Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Income, and Kiyosaki's Retire Young Retire Rich. Good you have other plans. But I wouldn't drop any stream of income provided there isn't a higher opportunity cost. I see no problem if it's just the no. 4. I've not seen that employer I can't manage. With understanding, tolerance and resilience, lion and man can thrive together. Best wishes.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by taneez(f): 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Before you quit ensure you do the following:

1) Check out recent job description of your role to know if you have recent and relevant skills(70% of the requirements)
If you do, start applying to other jobs.

2) Save up for basic expenses for 3 months. If possible pay 2 terms of your children school fees- I hope your house rent isn't due.

3) Quit.
This will help your mental health and you will be able to also brush up on the remaining requirements and also have time for interviews.
Reachout to your colleagues or contacts to let them know you are available for another job.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Righteousness1: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
With all these mentioned, it is hard to get job satisfaction around that arena. My candid advice is, get on with the job while searching for a better one and resign from there as soon as you get a better offer.
Good luck in Jesus name.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Cerberus(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
SMH! We Nigerians and this crazy mentality of putting up with bullshit and advising others to keep doing so is the reason why we keep having irresponsible and nonchalant leaders, poor marital experience, lost rights and lack of protective labour laws. undecided

The worst are those advising to just stay no matter what you're going through really don't understand the indispensable importance of mental health or one losing his/her sanity due to a toxic workplace.

People like myself who's been there are the ones that can understand. It's even baffling how several still don't understand at this age that a worker's professional output will become useless overtime once his/her mental health is threatened by any means.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Akalia(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Bro you are too loaded to be working for and under someone in a toxic environment. You should be thinking along leveraging your IT skills to establish your own IT venture.
At your level you should be particular about working in a place that will not mess up your metal health ; remuneration should come as a secondary consideration.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by orimahspence: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
hydenmatt007:
Experiencing injustice at the workplace can be incredibly challenging and emotionally draining. Deciding whether to resign or hang on in such a situation depends on various factors and requires careful consideration. Here are some steps to help you make an informed decision:

Evaluate the Situation: Take a step back and objectively assess the extent of the injustice and its impact on your well-being and career. Consider the nature of the injustice, the frequency, and whether it's affecting your physical and mental health.

Talk to Someone: Discuss your concerns with a trusted colleague, friend, family member, or mentor. Getting an outside perspective can provide valuable insights and support.

Document Incidents: Keep a record of any incidents related to the injustice, including dates, times, individuals involved, and details of what happened. This documentation may be useful if you decide to escalate the issue to human resources or higher authorities.

Review Company Policies: Familiarize yourself with your company's policies and procedures for reporting workplace issues. Many organizations have mechanisms in place for handling grievances and ensuring a safe work environment.

Credit chatgbt
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by davidadenrele: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hello Bro,

I feel your pain however feeding a single mouth can not be compared to feeding 3 mouths which is your wife and the kids, ensure your plan B is well planned at least something to assist you for a whole year, just in-case after you resign and the job search you expecting to land did not come as expected within months, having a plan B is a common sense thing, endure the challenges while you put in more effort to build your plan B solidly, please do not rush to resign, i repeat don't rush to resign, there are good and supportive women but when it comes to money for monthly upkeep of the family, utility bills, house rent, family commitment, Lawma bills, in law parties, kids school fees, you will hear ween!!! that's when you know that women are not wired to endure for so long, the country is really hard and some families are finding it hard to survive if you rush without mapping out structure on how to support your wife, she will fight you she will abused you to heavens to the extentof saying it to your face that she never support you resigning from present place of work, just because of the monthly upkeep money you are providing and you couldn't provide anymore, just because she feels your are the breadwinner and the constant little you are providing is better than not giving her anything at all, some women will not mind giving them the little you give them to support them constantly than nothing at all hmmn!! think twice,whatever you enduring at your present place of work, should because of your family and your home, being a man is not easy God will see you this difficult times endure and trust God, better days will come winners don't quit, quitters don't win.. go on with your plan B.

My little 20cent advice
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Error401: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hold on, get intouch with the oil companies, apply to other places, finalize the deal with new work place, then resign
Dont leave a place if you havent secured another
Iseoluwani:

Resign ooo
Don't allow one family take away your life because you want to eat.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by KingPure(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations !!! For I think I know what you should do next.

It was ML King who said, and I wholly believe that "unearned suffering is redemptive" if only the sufferer is courageous enough.

Now, let your courage begin by ALWAYS "putting", not trying to put "on record" every major decisions you believed and advocated for especially when or whether the owner or his son believed in same or not. Stand your ground, it may look confrontational, but that's the way to begin. Guess what! They know, they may not accept it to your face and presence, but they can't find someone like you the next 2 months.

This will suit you, and I mean, start arranging your portfolio for the next big thing in your life. Thanks to God you already have 2blogs to your credit, dedicate half the time you've been using to pursue this man's vision to each of these blogs with irresistible contents creation, and within 6months you'll be able to employ your CEO's son's salary without sweat.

Once more I congratulate, but the ball is in your court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? / My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors / Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.