Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? (14600 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Godmind2022(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:
1. I work in a project development company.

2. I am at the assistant manager level.

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.
He would okay many things and I can't say otherwise.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

This has been going on for like 3 years now.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

I'm currently in Abuja. I was scared of the traffic in Lagos.

I really don't know what to do anymore...

This issue is affecting my mental health.

This guy talks down on me anyhow without respect.

This is a guy that can't properly put together a common letter.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

I am married with 2 kids. What should I do?

Please, lay these same complaints to them, but in an edited non-judgemental way. Try to appeal to their conscience, reason and emotions, saying how their actions are affecting you.

Also, check yourself if you had in anyway behaved in ways that caused this treatment.

But, first pray about it. Please, examine yourself and ensure you are not projecting yourself in a way that warrants this treatment.
I hope this helps.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by President2001(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
You need to put head in Lagos encourage yourself, is not all Area in Lagos experience traffic jam
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by GindoX(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
Call the other parties, let's hear them out, before I give my judgement shocked
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by BTCog: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

3. I do most of the work; from designing and maintaining company's websites, to clerical works such document preparation, oversee environmental consulting jobs, to troubleshooting company's systems and many more.

4. The problem is that the company does not appreciate all my efforts. They push every blame on me.

The owner and his son are just so inconsiderate. For example, I was working on a project that required attachment of some sensitive documents.

Once it was time, I requested for the documents from the owner, instead he provided me with different documents entirely. Many times, he will shout at me for asking questions. So I assumed that he didn't want the documents out in the public.

While reviewing my work, the owner was okay with the attached documents until he decided to make presentation with the work to prospects.

As soon as the prospects registered dissatisfaction with the out of place documents (So to say), he called and started blasting me on the phone, calling me stup!d and stuff. He would always let me take the fall for his own mistakes all the time.

His son on the other hand is just too empty and overbearing. His father would always ask him to supervise any project I'm working on.

When we present the project to his father and the father decides to query any part of the things which he okayed earlier, he will push all the blames on me and the father will call to nag and lambast me for things I know nothing about.

My regret was that I turned down an offer from a small oil company in Lagos last year and early this year too.

My current pay is 300,000 NGN without accommodation, while the Lagos' was 350,000 NGN with accommodation.

As plan B, I have set up two blogs and Google just approved Adsense application on one, while I'm working on the other one.
I have also set up Facebook pages and have grown to over 232,000 active followers.

I am also an environmental consultant with over 15 years experience, I also major in GIS and I design websites too.

The signs show that your time is up. However, you will need to prepare your grounds before you quit. Good luck! I worked in a company that I practically carried the company on my head like my father's business. I sponsored my trainings but all I got was "thank you for the good job" and never a financial compensation. Sometimes, I supervised operations where I was the least paid. I endured all until I got an offer outside the country. Everybody was confused and the big boss wanted to give me a better offer but it was too late. Well I still support them remotely so that the company doesn't collapse.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Olumeme: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
If you quit, how will you feed your family?
My dear, hangon and look for another job.
IF you quit without a job, that's when you will know the meaning of shege.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by bigcasava1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

if I have this potential I will tell them fuvk off.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Ynix(m): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Instead of you to use the knowledge you have got to start a competing company you are angry, pour that energy into starting a new business empire and not just having a blog or crossing over to another related company without any feeling of pains, I am saying this because people who exit out of pains rarely move forward. Leave without any complaint, thank your former boss and move over, be quietly dangerous
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Brainy007: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
Start a fvcking fire there and help to quench it. You'll become a hero. Plan it well sha make you no go burn.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by MarketDispatch: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

?

If all the various things you have set up don't take care of all your expenses, don't add the anger and tensions of your wife to it by resigning prematurely because your wife nagging will affect your mental health more than your Bosses in the office.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by cunny88(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Revolution2022:
If you are saying the truth about your salary stay put to the job.
you are a smart man
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

lol, you think 300 is a whole lot

OP start been on he look out for another job
Help me with 5K.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by OBALUJONES: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
My brother, injustice is in everywhere, you better stay calm and remain focus
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Berankis: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
Don't resign until you have secured another offer.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by ebenezry: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
work more your sites and when you get your Google pay check, you can quit and stop looking for work
N300k is just less than $1k. you will never regret it if you focus on your personal business

make sure you get a small solar that can power your system and small gadget

this is my 3rd year been working online for myself and 3rd years as well without care about NEPA or generator and l enjoy 24/7 electricity
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by fxexperts: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Revolution2022:
If you are saying the truth about your salary stay put to the job.
Stay because of what 300K. is this how poor guys on this forum think. I for one cannot accept any Job with a peanut pay of 300K.

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by lovediehatelive(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
Sorry for your predicament.

I would have asked you to resign and focus on your blog, but since you have two kids already, please be very calculative when it involves work or anything bringing money.

You know how the country is, and it is unwise to just resign without having a solid source of income.

It's good you have blogs, so my advice is to be patient and be working on your blog probably for the next six months. (Year end).

The main thing here is for your blog to start bringing money for you, money that you can rely on. Don't just depend on adsense, look for other ways to monitize your blogs. Also, since you are a tech guy, look for other ways to make money online, possibly passively.

As you do, please be actively looking for another job. You will come out stronger!

Please how did you build your page to get so much followers? Did you do it manually by posting everyday or automatically by scheduling posts?

Cc:

LithiumSupplier
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Microwhy: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Why would you resign over such petty things you can change and handle..
Sincerely, if anybody say resign, will you truly resign?
If you're truly good at what you do as claimed, then you should be able to make them lick your feet and say yes to your proposals or opinions.
Without any doubt, you're a coward and a sisi.. that is how most of you go around letting assholes insult and rubbishes professionals. How does it affect you if his father own the company or if the director is the owner of the company. You're playing your role as an employee and a professional in your field and should be respected doing that. Beside, resign for what? Abeg don't go put those innocent souls at home through any uncalculated risk. You should pride your ability and take full responsibility of your role in the company. Which is never too late.
You're scared of been sack that why you're alway confused and weak. Nobody is going to throw you out. Man up and take full charge as a professional and a father with a wife and kids.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by zakkxx: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Oga no give your self Hbp because of work, if your with na bad wife u will die soon oo. Because it will be pressure and work and home. Make sure you secure a new job before dumping them. Move strategically.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by JoeSoapy: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
I’m in the same situation as you are. A family company, over worked and under paid, in Abuja as well. I wouldn’t advise anyone to work in a family company. It is draining and affects ones mental health.
They are mostly disorganized, children are always halfwit, lazy and know nothing which puts more burden/work load on other staff.
Parents would never blame or caution their kids which is very annoying.
From my experience, Abuja employers are way worse than that of Lagos. I hope you get another offer soon as that is what i wish myself as well
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by iamjavadem(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Better hang on while looking for another job.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
300k is a good pay, Bro. If you have a second source of income that can sustain you, while you search for another job, please resign.

But if you don't have, Oga better endure o, you are a man, endure!!!.

While you get another job. It will be horrible for you to be unable to provide for the family, especially at this critical moment in Nigeria.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
fxexperts:
Stay because of what 300K. is this how poor guys on this forum think. I for one cannot accept any Job with a peanut pay of 300K.
Remain with your 15k salary.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by wunmi590(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2023

I've been in a similar position before, honestly, I wasn't married then, but I just had to resign, that way I had my peace of mind, but I had to suffer it for like 3month before I got another job...
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by RapportNaija(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Leave. But before you do, ensure you have enough saved up funds enough to last you 6 months plus.

And for the blogs and FB group, they're great potential to make you as much as 300k/month if you can do the work...

But pending the time you can do that, maybe seek other job opportunities as well - or try other physical small businesses you can start (like business center - web building, photocopy, printing, exam registrations, motor registration, POS, etc) while you work on your blogs. You can even dabble into international freelancing with your web development and consulting experience.

Don't wait until they sack you themselves - it happened to me!

Good luck!
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by fxexperts: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Revolution2022:
Remain with your 15k salary.
See this ode. i can never be as poor as your family. For your info dude i earn far more than that. And at one point some after covid when i lost my job with NPDC I was offered a peanut 300k salary and I immediately rejected the offer. So i guess you are the one who wants to stay in your 15k salary. Even my house maid earns more than that your 15k. ode.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by fxexperts: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
zakkxx:
Oga no give your self Hbp because of work, if your with na bad wife u will die soon oo. Because it will be pressure and work and home. Make sure you secure a new job before dumping them. Move strategically.
Good advice. OP should be looking out for other jobs seriously. Because it will not be nice for a married man with kids to be without job. i know how it feels as i experienced job loss with 2 kids after covid.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Dotman2210(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nothing go ever make me work with one man business again, never
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
If you had other options, you would have left since.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
LithiumSupplier:

Don't resign until you get another/better job. And hopefully by that time, your online side hustles have started adding extra income, so that no matter how disappointing the new place of work may be (worst case scenario), you'll not be too affected financially. I can tell you for free that earning in foreign currency is the best thing you'll do for yourself as it stands.

I'll only blame you for waiting this long before starting your online side hustle, despite all the bad treatments and your 200k+ online followership.

But let's take the positives. With having to do everything almost everything like you said, you got the training and exposure necessary for you to run your own company, should you decide to go solo.

Like I said before, HANG IN THERE for now (since the salary isn't bad). After 3 years of taking their excesses, you should already be used to it. So, it won't kill you for the next (say) 5 months, within which period you must take your online side hustle more seriously. You're only enduring for the sake of your family till your plans mature. A man that'll rise to the top will usually have stories to tell.

They'll so miss you when you finally leave to start your own.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
unless you have an alternative job to go to, hang in there a few more months (you've been there already 3yrs, few months wont kill you).
when you finally get another job offer then you can resign.
Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Melagros(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Iseoluwani:

Resign ooo
Don't allow one family take away your life because you want to eat.
Exactly, that's what I am also planning to do

1 Like

Re: Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? by Melagros(m): 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2023
Laradeen:
Take a walk ASAP.
That's all my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors / It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses? / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.