Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses (15896 Views)

Manufacturers Lay Off Workers, Project More Job Losses / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Dybala11(m): 9:21am On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

Shame might not allow you to mention me in that 2 weeks as your evil wishes for the country bw averted. No be today una dey swallow una own words
This dude sha, it's not about wish. If wishes were horses even beggars will ride.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Kukutenla: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2023
jumper524:
yea, they should inflate the price so they can record very low sales. Maybe you didn't notice the complains about tomato scarcity is not as intense as it used to be in the past, people have already exploited alternative souo/stew sauce, especially now when vegetables are at its cheapest.
Ipman are already complaining of low sales, they can't inflate the price of gas that people have seen as alternatives as the FG already gave independent marketers freedom to supply.

The era of inflating things is gradually becoming history as now its the reality of things we are facing.
When it becomes reality, we looks for the cheapest alternative.
Say only what you know
Tomato scarcity reduced because tomato was imported from Niger. Coupled with new harvests coming in. I don't know where you got the idea that Nigerians no longer need tomato. What's wrong with you guys?

As for your claim on gas, even gas was nearing 1k early this year which means if the demand continues to rise, expect its price to go up as well.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:
Make una calm down.

Some million litres of oil just arrived the country, the fuel price should come down a bit

Helinues the all time troll is now trying to sound polite. What BAT cannot do does not exist. I'm seeing this fellow deactivate his account in few months time

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Greatlee54: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2023
Bulaba shege
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Kukutenla: 9:27am On Jul 20, 2023
imbless:

I sincerely doubt that you are mentally okay! Naira have crashed more, and you are saying the price of pms will fall, so you are indirectly saying that the marketers will sell at a lesser price than what it cost them to import the petrol, which will make them not to be able to finance their next import?
Fuel marketers will always first calculate the cost in USD, add their profit and then set the price.
You are so daft!!
Not only is he daft, but also stupid.
Which marketer told him he's bringing down fuel price?
The import he's talking about was financed by a consortium of five banks!! Does that sound good if we have to get five banks before importers can import a tanker of fuel? Is it not obvious that the price will be high since each bank must look to make profit from the deal. It shows our marketers don't even have the means to import which has always been my stand.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by beyep: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2023
Apus:
Expectedly.

Removing subsidy is great but doing so without putting in place measures that will reduce the effects of removal first is stupid.
We should have had at least two refineries working locally before removing subsidy. Increase food security and provide cheap transport services.
Even the dangote refinery, we no see.
theres nothing great bout removing subsidy, rest, if we were buying crude oil understandable, not wen we have it.

All d money dem borrow yet not one refinery.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by FavRicc: 9:31am On Jul 20, 2023
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by JustPowerApps(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2023
Let the poor breath grin Don't suffocate them.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by dikings(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2023
mainman7:
The Truth is the Truth, I don't know why many are too cowardly to face the Real Enemies of Nigerians. One thing that is still vexing me and my Guys it that buying Fuel for higher price is totally unacceptable! Unfortunately, many are too gullible that they have been mentally Deceived by the Invaders that believed that they can always easily Manipulate Indigenous Nigerians even when they are not the President. This is a chance to Prove that most Nigerians can Read handwritings of those behind the Sceneof the current Nigerians Sufferings or not.

Have you heard the latest Confession from that Man that is close to the Fualni NNPC Controllers?!!! Pls, share here and on all Social Media if you have the Link to the Video and Audio. The man exposed that Tinubu was emphasizing just before Subsidy Removal that the new Price should be N400 and which he said was also guaranteed to gradually come down to N150 or less through Marketing Deregulation. Unfortunately, the Fulani Cabals that hated that their Nigeria Trillions that they've stolen in Name of Subsidy has been stopped have chosen to do exactly the Opposite since they are still in Charge of NNPC. You and I also watched how their Thieving Petroleum Vessels are being Bombed since Tinubu came in. All these made them to still Jack up the Price of Petrol again just to make the Nigerian Masses to hate Tinubu that is Fighting the Cabals Tooth and Nail to Liberate the Jugular of Nigerians' Future from their Stranglehold! Did you know that Fulanis has more than 80% of all the Existing Oil Wells in Nigeria?!!! Even though they had no Petroleum in any of their States. So, you can imagine the massive Power they weldge over the Industry because Nigerians refused to be Courageous and Unite against them in the Past. Tinubu can not Fight this Battle alone, at least he has stopped them from Killing Indigenous Original Nigerian People all over Nigeria in the Name of Herdmen! Let's Support him with every Fiber of our Being to Win this Battle for all Indigenous Nigerians!!!

You and I used to say we could Fight Fulani Satanic Plans of Enslaving Indigenous Nigerians when Buhari and his Fualni Brothers were in Power for most times since Independence. Now that we have a Southerner, how do you think he can Speedily help Destroy and Reverse their Slavery from over Nigeria when you are so gullibly Deceived to hate him that is Fighting tooth and Nail to make all Indigenous Nigerian enjoy our Fatherland without being Enslaved and even brutally Killed by these so called heartless beasts called Fuulanis?!

I knew this! My friends were discussing it with me yesterday, Tinubu is not a Wicked Soul that would increase Price for 2nd Time within such a short Time! I knew the evil ones that still top NNPC are trying to get the Masses to hate Tinubu, but they shall miserable Fail again in Jesus' Powerful Name as they Failed miserably in their Satanic bid to stop the Great Man from becoming President!

TRASH.... Receive sense IJN
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2023
I detest hearing anything HEL.. cos I believe itz a dangerous place for the devil and his angels👿😈😈😈..😠

Wat about ANUS😏 Dat smells like shit especially, when a finger is deep into it. Fuvkd up!

Very irritating ☹️
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Crvrider: 9:41am On Jul 20, 2023
jumper524:
Wailing when there's an open alternative, with less than 45k plus gas cylinder inclusive, this can be done to your generator.
Shut down let productive and innovative businesses take over.

You people keep making stupid excuses for the lapses of your leaders. If them give you 24hrs light, na bad thing?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Popesuccess(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2023
Apus:
Expectedly.

Removing subsidy is great but doing so without putting in place measures that will reduce the effects of removal first is stupid.
We should have had at least two refineries working locally before removing subsidy. Increase food security and provide cheap transport services.
Dangote refinery is not ready for production, Buhari's government just pushed him into launching it to score cheap political points.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by justking(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2023
He said the increase in fuel price had already raised the cost of logistics, which would be compounded by the latest hike.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Crvrider: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2023
tonytony208:

May everything Nigerians are facing under Tinubu be multiplied upon you and your family. Amen

Leave his family out of it. They may not even be in support of his stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by lexy2014: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have lexy2014 been unable to drive growth is untrue
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have lexy2014 been unable to drive growth is untrue

Mele Kyari in 2020 said fuel Subsidy had been completely removed. So which did Tinubu remove in 2023?

Again, am still yet to find any justifcation for the removal of fuel Subsidy

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by uche393: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2023
l'OL our country is in the hands of a first-class accounting graduate.

both Peter Obi and Tinubu said they will remove petrol subsidy, their difference remains how they will cotail the effect.... Tinubu should meet Peter Obi to give him Expo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by RepoMan007: 9:49am On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:
Make una calm down.

Some million litres of oil just arrived the country, the fuel price should come down a bit
Those millions of litres are in the hand of the greediest marketers. I pity the helpless masses out there.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by RepoMan007: 9:52am On Jul 20, 2023

“It should not be an upswing all the time. If the price of crude in the international market comes down, it is expected that the pump price should also come down. But whether that will happen in Nigeria is a different ball game because whatever goes up, stays there.”
Reverse gravity.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by PlayerMeji: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2023
At your age, the thoughts of Tinubu have consumed you !

Creating panic where there's none..

What's so interesting to me is that you people or at least, the enlightened ones among you know this stage that we currently are. That we are just at the go-no-go stage of this administration but hypocrisy has consumed you, guys... therefore, you would rather create panic scenarios and destabilize the whole country with your 'i told you so ...'

Mr Oga, calm down, let Mr president breath!

tonytony208:
, heliinues, seunmsg, Tinubuadvocate, solmusdesigns, playermeji, freestuffsng, this is what you voted for:
Job losses, panick, businesses shutting down.

I hope you know that your family members also face the risk of job losses because of your decisions to defend Evil because of tribalism?

E go reach all of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by SOSinNigeria: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2023
mainman7:
The Truth is the Truth, I don't know why many are too cowardly to face the Real Enemies of Nigerians. One thing that is still vexing me and my Guys it that buying Fuel for higher price is totally unacceptable! Unfortunately, many are too gullible that they have been mentally Deceived by the Invaders that believed that they can always easily Manipulate Indigenous Nigerians even when they are not the President. This is a chance to Prove that most Nigerians can Read handwritings of those behind the Sceneof the current Nigerians Sufferings or not.

Have you heard the latest Confession from that Man that is close to the Fualni NNPC Controllers?!!! Pls, share here and on all Social Media if you have the Link to the Video and Audio. The man exposed that Tinubu was emphasizing just before Subsidy Removal that the new Price should be N400 and which he said was also guaranteed to gradually come down to N150 or less through Marketing Deregulation. Unfortunately, the Fulani Cabals that hated that their Nigeria Trillions that they've stolen in Name of Subsidy has been stopped have chosen to do exactly the Opposite since they are still in Charge of NNPC. You and I also watched how their Thieving Petroleum Vessels are being Bombed since Tinubu came in. All these made them to still Jack up the Price of Petrol again just to make the Nigerian Masses to hate Tinubu that is Fighting the Cabals Tooth and Nail to Liberate the Jugular of Nigerians' Future from their Stranglehold! Did you know that Fulanis has more than 80% of all the Existing Oil Wells in Nigeria?!!! Even though they had no Petroleum in any of their States. So, you can imagine the massive Power they weldge over the Industry because Nigerians refused to be Courageous and Unite against them in the Past. Tinubu can not Fight this Battle alone, at least he has stopped them from Killing Indigenous Original Nigerian People all over Nigeria in the Name of Herdmen! Let's Support him with every Fiber of our Being to Win this Battle for all Indigenous Nigerians!!!

You and I used to say we could Fight Fulani Satanic Plans of Enslaving Indigenous Nigerians when Buhari and his Fualni Brothers were in Power for most times since Independence. Now that we have a Southerner, how do you think he can Speedily help Destroy and Reverse their Slavery from over Nigeria when you are so gullibly Deceived to hate him that is Fighting tooth and Nail to make all Indigenous Nigerian enjoy our Fatherland without being Enslaved and even brutally Killed by these so called heartless beasts called Fuulanis?!

I knew this! My friends were discussing it with me yesterday, Tinubu is not a Wicked Soul that would increase Price for 2nd Time within such a short Time! I knew the evil ones that still top NNPC are trying to get the Masses to hate Tinubu, but they shall miserable Fail again in Jesus' Powerful Name as they Failed miserably in their Satanic bid to stop the Great Man from becoming President!

Yoruba man, is this your personal opinion or the consensus view of majority of Yorubas? I know why I'm asking this. If only you can be honest enough to reply truthfully then we will respond accordingly.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by jumper524(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2023
Kukutenla:

Say only what you know
Tomato scarcity reduced because tomato was imported from Niger. Coupled with new harvests coming in. I don't know where you got the idea that Nigerians no longer need tomato. What's wrong with you guys?

As for your claim on gas, even gas was nearing 1k early this year which means if the demand continues to rise, expect its price to go up as well.
yea that's only if Nigerians were the sole producers and limited marketers were allowed to import.
It's now an open market and only international market can dictate its price not selfish hoarders in Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by SOSinNigeria: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2023
uche393:
l'OL our country is in the hands of a first-class accounting graduate.

both Peter Obi and Tinubu said they will remove petrol subsidy, their difference remains how they will cotail the effect.... Tinubu should meet Peter Obi to give him Expo

Lol, when a so-called accountant publicly said "na data we go chop" isn't that enough to show you he is fake 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Lekan239(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2023
Apus:
Expectedly.

maybe there is no money for the government to revive the refineries and still keep other developmental sectors and economy going smoothly while still paying trillions of dollars for subsidy.

You know its not possible to stop other sectors allocation just because you want to revive refineries
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by tonytony208(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2023
PlayerMeji:
At your age, the thoughts of Tinubu have consumed you !

Creating panic where there's none..

What's so interesting to me is that you people or at least, the enlightened ones among you know this stage that we currently are. That we are just at the go-no-go stage of this administration but hypocrisy has consumed you, guys... therefore, you would rather create panic scenarios and destabilize the whole country with your 'i told you so ...'

Mr Oga, calm down, let Mr president breath!

Tinubu is Nigeria's president and if you aren't concerned about how the president runs your country, then you are either a blind man or a fool.

Ask your family members how much they are buying fuel.

Ask them how much they now spend per week.

Ask them if their income can take them to the end of the month.

If they answer in the negative and you are still not concerned about Tinubu, then you are a cursed man.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Kukutenla: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2023
jumper524:
yea that's only if Nigerians were the sole producers and limited marketers were allowed to import.
It's now an open market and only international market can dictate its price not selfish hoarders in Nigeria.
What are you implying? Cooking gas aka LPG is imported. So you're not making any sense. Just as you have importers for petrol is how you have importers for cooking gas. And both are dictated by international price!!
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by 3pointsagree: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2023
This one will favour me and my family
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Joey4321: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

When distributed across the nation

Lol
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Joey4321: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2023
worksmart:
Tinubu : Low fuel prices favour the rich

Also Tinubu:
* 115% pay rise for Billionaire Federal lawmakers *
* Takes $500million loan for palliative and gives $90m to NAss for "new furniture" wink wink *
* Gives $40million worth of pay rise to billionaire Justices of Nigeria

*Hikes fuel prices causing inflation. Introducing policy to tax market women*

Tinubu really cares for poor Nigerians grin grin

The poor must breeef
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Ganjafama(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2023
Willie2015:
This is reality...
Paychecks and salary cant match inflation.
Bizness are going to shut down due to taxes and
Cost of PMS....

2 Quick things to do.....

1.Try and grow your own food..
Vegetables can be grown within a month
Yams and Potatoes can be grown in cement bags...
Rice has a 3 months cycle...
For cities dwellers. Leverage on nearest villages to farm...

2. Earn in foreign currency....
Go online with ur laptop and phone
Forex and Crypto are good ways to earn..
Play the foreign stock market...NYSE NASDAQ, LSE...
D NGX is another platform to stay afloat.

My 2Cents

Are you doing all these you just mentioned?
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Business Operators Panic, Fear Shutdown, Job Losses by Reference(m): 11:39am On Jul 20, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
•Hike to worsen manufacturers’ woes, many SMEs will die, MAN, LCCI lament

•NLC considers emergency meeting, PDP slams FG as Reps summon NNPCL boss

https://punchng.com/fuel-price-hike-business-operators-panic-fear-shutdown-

Which kain question be.... 'Is this the final increase.'

Don't they know what inflation is and why governments in saner climes fear it like war and pestilence.

Inflation is a killer. It destabilizes the best laid out plans and erodes confidence to invest. It is a cancer that is on a clock of economic destruction and that is why intelligent governments move quickly to put out it's fires.

On the news yesterday it was reported that England is gradually puling out of the spiral and energy prices have retreated significantly from last year's peaks.

So those who love to associate their country's failure with others are left orphaned as much of the developed world is in recovery from the Ukraine war.

I said it the moment energy and currency subsidies were removed. That government should immediately start to tackle inflation before it spreads to other vital organs of the economy but they all sat back basking in the election euphoria.

Then they made the ultimate mistake of issuing import licenses for gasoline to people who do not earn foreign exchange. Where did they expect them to get dollars. Why did they not allow the NNPC which earns forex to be sole importers till a time the refineries are working.

But no. Their favoured supporters stormed the forex markets with their licenses and have depressed the naira triggering more inflation which is now a vicious cycle of DOLLAR RISE, GASOLINE PRICE RISE. The two locked in a death spiral. And then winter in Europe will come and it will be game over.

The only way out of this quagmire now is for Nigeria to join countries like the US to appeal to the big oil boys like Saudi to pump more to depress crude prices, if not N1,000 gasoline is just a touch away.

Those licenses should be withdrawn. Gasoline consumption in Nigeria is down. We don't need 100 marketers to bring it in. NNPCL should use it's foreign exchange earnings to import till the refineries kick in then other aspects of the economy will not be destroyed by these crazy oil barons.

Above all. What is the Tinubu led APC government ACTIVELY doing to fight inflation. We need to see solid government intervention for investor confidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Orelope-Adefulire SSA On Sdgs / Akwa Ibom 2023: Onofiok Luke Declares Governorship Ambition / Alleged Video Of Female Cadet Being Dehumanised In NDA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.