Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

You Are Invited To A Wedding But: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Invited To A Wedding But: (3458 Views)

The Groom's Ex Orubebed His Wedding But Was Soundly Jegared By The Pastor / Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help / Most Men Don't Smile During Their Wedding, But Women Do Smile; Why Is So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2011
You are invited to a wedding but you are not to bring a guest. Would you go?

If you are married and your husband is not invited would you go?
If you are dating and your boyfriend is not invited would you go?
If you are engaged and your partner is not invited would you go?

Let reverse it, your partner, spouse, mate is invited but you are not. Would you be upset if your partner, spouse, or mate went to the wedding without you?
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Skii(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
Tough one
will come back with my answer
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by slimyem: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
why not?I dont remember being a Siamese twin.
Besides,there's no biggie.my partner is supposed to understand its a single invite.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are invited to a wedding but you are not to bring a guest. Would you go?

If you are married and your Wife is not invited would you go? [size=14pt]NO![/size]
If you are dating and your Girlfriend is not invited would you go? [size=14pt] YES![/size]
If you are engaged and your partner is not invited would you go? [size=14pt]YES[/size]

Let reverse it, your partner, spouse, mate is invited but you are not. Would you be upset if your partner, spouse, or mate went to the wedding without you? [size=14pt]YES! Only if we are Married! If we aren't, i no send![/size]
cool cool
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by pendo89(f): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
but that's ok. no big deal really.I just attend alone.
Most men that I know hate weddings and would be [b]extremely [/b]glad to hear its a single invite.They would even spoil by wanting to leave early to go watch a game! or be with friends.
I will never push a man to attend a wedding to which I have been invited unless its his own.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by koolJ1(f): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
Of course i wil,married or not as long as he understands. . . n its not much of a biggie. . . So He shld
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Orikinla(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
So how or what has that got do with ROMANCE? The romance of being invited alone to a wedding and thinking of going or not? These funny "Naijirians"!
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
Orikinla:

So how or what has that got do with ROMANCE? The romance of being invited alone to a wedding and thinking of going or not? These funny "Naijirians"!

I know [size=22pt]YOU ARE NOT TALKING! shocked[/size] You are the KING of threads that has NOTHING to do with romance.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Andrew3(m): 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2011
I forfeit angry
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by bekay911(f): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
y not.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by SAFO(m): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
I'm definitely not a fan of weddings. I will gladly stay at home while my wife goes.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
SAFO:

I'm definitely not a fan of weddings. I will gladly stay at home while my wife goes.

I hear you but what if you were invited and your wife is not?
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
NONE! I don't like weddings.

I might abandon my own  cheesy cheesy

btw chima!  grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=718559
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by SAFO(m): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
@chima, I would just come up with an excuse of why I can't make it, but in reality i don't want to go in the first place.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

NONE! I don't like weddings.

I might abandon my own  cheesy cheesy

Good! Can't be going to a wedding with all that bloodclast noises. tongue
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
SAFO:

@chima, I would just come up with an excuse of why I can't make it, but in reality i don't want to go in the first place.

Damn! You had a bad wedding experience? shocked Or people always expected you to bring expensive gifts?

Black folks are good for that. They will come to your wedding with a $10 gift and expect you to come to theirs with a range rover. undecided
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by SAFO(m): 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2011
None of that Weddings are just boring. I'd rather watch a rock, paper, scissors tournament on ESPN.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Good! Can't be going to a wedding with all that bloodclast noises. tongue

angry angry
shut up there before i steal a bag of your skittles grin
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by freecocoa(f): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
I don't like weddings but if I must go,I'll go with someone,we'll enter separately(how dem go take know say na me and am folow?)I'll need someone to gossip with about the various fashion styles that will be on display and I don't have a problem with him going alone, but he must bring back some piece of cake for me.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
SAFO:

None of that Weddings are just boring. I'd rather watch a rock, paper, scissors tournament on ESPN.

Damn!

MsDarkSkin:

angry angry
shut up there before i steal a bag of your skittles grin

Just don't touch my Berry flavored Skittles.  angry angry angry (purple bag)
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by iice(f): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2011
I would. And i wouldn't be upset if he goes. Basically we are mostly going for the food tongue
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
If the person is a good friend and my husband is not invited, yea I will still go.

But for a starter, none of my friends will be out of their minds not to invite my husband. For sure I'll slap some senses into their head.

But if they really do not want him there, then he can stay home and play games, do something important with his time undecided or go out with the boys.

You don't have to go everywhere with your husband/wife anyway.

As for bf, lets not go there. grin
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by tellwisdom: 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima, Do you smoke?? How can this be?? You are invited but my wife is not invited. My wife is invited, but i am not!!. Please i would like to see how the invitation is written abeg!! angry angry
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrCork17: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are invited to a wedding but you are not to bring a guest.  Would you go? 

If you are married and your husband is not invited would you go?
If you are dating and your boyfriend is not invited would you go?
If you are engaged and your partner is not invited would you go?

Let reverse it, your partner, spouse, mate is invited but you are not.  Would you be upset if your partner, spouse, or mate went to the wedding without you? 

Mrs Chima. <<<<<<plannin to gate crash a weddin? wink
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mrs Chima. <<<<<<plannin to gate crash a weddin? wink

Don't worry. It won't be yours. wink
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2011
tellwisdom:

Mrs, Chima, Do you smoke?? How can this be?? You are invited but my wife is not invited. My wife is invited, but i am not!!. Please i would like to see how the invitation is written abeg!! angry angry

I am smoking this nicely seasoned turkey with onions and garlic on the grill. I will keep the bones for you. wink

That's part of life and just because you have a spouse or a partner doesn't mean they will be invited to the wedding. Invitations are usually base on the size of the wedding and if the wedding is intimate not too many people (married or single) would have an invitation.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2011
rokiatu:

If the person is a good friend and my husband is not invited, yea I will still go.

But for a starter, none of my friends will be out of their minds not to invite my husband. For sure I'll slap some senses into their head.

But if they really do not want him there, then he can stay home and play games, do something important with his time undecided or go out with the boys.

You don't have to go everywhere with your husband/wife anyway.

As for bf, lets not go there. grin

Logically, married couples should be invited but again each wedding is different and the person may not want your spouse to come.

You are right, you don't have to tag along with your spouse everywhere but needy people wouldn't understand that.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by eghost247(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]Couples Need Seperate times alone to do their own personal stuff so yes if i was invited alone i will go alone and if it was the reverse i will stay back it shouldnt take a matured mind to figure out that u dont have to be your wife or girlfriends handbag
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by MrsChima1(f): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2011
eghost247:

[color=#990000][/color]Couples Need Seperate times alone to do their own personal stuff

Many women would prefer to have their mate with them to a wedding especially if they are single and waiting on a proposal from their mate. However couples (single and married) need to be able to stand on their own and focus on themselves as well.

I know most guys feel the same way as SAFO does about weddings.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by SAFO(m): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2011
Hook em' Horns.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by tellwisdom: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2011
I am smoking this nicely seasoned turkey with onions and garlic on the grill. I will keep the bones for you.

That's part of life and just because you have a spouse or a partner doesn't mean they will be invited to the wedding. Invitations are usually base on the size of the wedding and if the wedding is intimate not too many people (married or single) would have an invitation.

I hate when people begin to carve out word to suit themselves. angry angry. Why would i be invited and my wife not Na my wife wan destroy the marriage??, aby na she wan chop the whole food and drink finish. Please tell me one genuine reason why she's not needed, knowing fully well, im a married man. My dear, its a choice thingy, i might want to bring her or otherwise. You dont come here to spit IGBOH particles just bcs u cldnt swallow them all, so reduce that IGBOH and drink more water for your health angry angry.
Re: You Are Invited To A Wedding But: by Princek12(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2011
@ OP: what you said has happened to me before. I was invited to this wedding and had to RSVP. However, I RSVP'd by mailing my name and a guest, because at the time I did not know who my date was going to be. Anyway, at the wedding reception, they told me they won't allow my date because her name was not submitted in advance. I was upset and left, and told them that it is pure stupidity for you to expect your invitees to know their guest's name 3 weeks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Will You Say ‘i Love You‘ Without Saying I Love You. / Picture: See The New Format Ladies Now Use To Ask Guys For Cash / [STORY] The President's Daughter And I (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.