Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room (50527 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by jimmynauty: 8:45am On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:
Ranting. Ranting. Ranting.

I have decided to rant out my predicaments on this forum today.

What is the way out of poverty for me?

One inlaw is even living with us, making it 8 in number, all in one room.

This thing don come big pass me.

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

No two ways about it except ...

But like a car without tyres, can it move even if it has fuel? Definitely no.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

How do I help this family better than I am trying?

Wishing you the best in all you do.

Pls stay strong and courageous. You will hear from me when #RevMartPlus happens. You will be first.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by teekay213(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2023
omababe:

I understand your predicament OP. It really can be frustrating when you're in this kind of situation.
You took the best step by speaking up though. The way forward for you, right now would be to find a solution to your problem.
I'm a student and I earn passively by publishing on Amazon.
If you're interested, you can start up and begin earning too. At least you'll be earning in dollars and that would remove a whole lot of financial strain off you. If you're interested, you can send a dm. It's well with you and your family β€οΈπŸ’•.
pls I need help to on how to publish on Amazon
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by tbliss22(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2023
Princewill1:
Nigeria's 200m population is projected to hit 400million by 2050 no thanks to dvmb people like the Op and also by that period, Nigeria crude oil proceeds will reduce heavily owning to the massive usage of electric vehicles in EU and North America.

A period of super-massive population explosion with lower GDP will mean hell on earth in Nigeria. Hyper crime rates with excruciating hunger and poverty... It's just 27yrs from now.

The govt in Nigeria should as a matter of urgency implement 2child policy in the country. Persons like the Op should be arrested and castrated if possible because an arm robber that will kill and terrorize our towns and villages in 10 yrs time maybe be traced to what the op did today.

If only the government can quickly see this and yield to it asap..... But NO, they will never think along such direction

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by GorillaApp(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2023
Owaincouncil:

Thank you for this, can I also know the state where the OP resides. I can link him to a church that can help him with the school fees of two of the children.
It is well
God bless you. this is humanity at work. We are the gods we all need. God will not come down from heaven. Bless you for this
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Globad(f): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

wanna knw how?
cool

How does it work?
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Exedyne: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2023
omo, how you take put yourself for this position?

guy i never marry and i dey fear to born just 1
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by kentornic: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

Na Mumu Dey Believe This Post....Nice Cooked Story....You should be a Script Writer
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by seuncyrus(m): 9:30am On Jul 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
try open a small petty business for ur wife and kids. Any type of business.

The wife needs a real job , not any nonsense petty business. Any business in that family will be used to cater for the home. I give the business 3 months max
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2023
seuncyrus:

The wife needs a real job , not any nonsense petty business. Any business in that family will be used to cater for the home. I give the business 3 months max
what qualifications does she have?
Where do you see jobs?
Who would employ a mother of five kids?
Be realistic.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by sunbreaker: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
life is hard.
But don't give up.
Some women lost their husbands with many kids. Think about that.
Even if her husband is alive,5 children is too much. Even in 90's,not to think of 2000's
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Highhhio(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2023
[quot author=ConfusePoint post=124545217]Ranting. Ranting. Ranting.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like neve
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by sunbreaker: 9:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Some people will just give birth to deteriorate societies
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by seuncyrus(m): 9:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
what qualifications does she have?
Where do you see jobs?
Who would employ a mother of five kids?
Be realistic.

Bro, there are still menial jobs she can find depending on her location. There are cleaners who still make about 25,000 - 35,000/mo... I know it's nothing but it will go a long way in their present situation.
Any business they open will be used to feed the family. I've seen this play out over and over and if I'm being very conservative with the number sef ... the business can't last 6 months. They will use both capital and interest to eat
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by meekparagon(m): 9:44am On Jul 21, 2023
fetrillion:

You are one of the problem of Nigeria.
5 children Oga!
Haaa!

My neighbour here in ajah has 7 children, oldest is 12 years
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Emperor5(m): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2023
Na u suppose to advise others base on your experience
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by meekparagon(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2023
omababe:

I understand your predicament OP. It really can be frustrating when you're in this kind of situation.
You took the best step by speaking up though. The way forward for you, right now would be to find a solution to your problem.
I'm a student and I earn passively by publishing on Amazon.
If you're interested, you can start up and begin earning too. At least you'll be earning in dollars and that would remove a whole lot of financial strain off you. If you're interested, you can send a dm. It's well with you and your family β€οΈπŸ’•.

Am interested bro.
07030366871 my whatsapp. Thanks
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Agent17th: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2023
Rayban25:

i dont know why youre lamenting. far as i am concerned what youre going through is good for you.

what are you doing with such amount of children? you didnt think of economy? you didnt do family planning because you prioritized sexual pleasure and being a sharpshooter instead of living within your means. na you sabi.

He has own up to that assertion and wishes others to learn from his mistake.

The deed has been done, way forward. We all make mistakes. You don't need to sound so mean. Cheers
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Ibbawa: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2023
Hmmm,

Bros you are not the only one in this position i also have 5 children and i am staying in one bedroom flat. I used to earn 50k a month, but now my salary is above 200k and if i do not plan very well it would not be enough.

First get a side hustle to add to your job
Get a side hustle for your wife if you can convince her to work.

Scale up your food purchase, start buying in bulk only. you need to contribute with a friend and share accordingly. buy a half bag of rice with someone and share it. STOP BUYING ANYTHING IN PAINT RUBBER

Enroll for NHIS voluntary contribution to cover illness.

Do not touch your wife without family planning or condoms

Do not listen to her rants and stop complaining your self

Believe in GOD and work hard

Stop drinking beer or smoking, also no BET NAIJA you cannot afford it. trust me

Cook and give others to eat but never give out one cup of raw food you have a battalion at home.

Do not worry as I am proof that you can come out of this situation.

3 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Ibbawa: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2023
meekparagon:

Am interested bro.
07030366871 my whatsapp. Thanks

When I advised our guy to hustle i meant any hustle try and contact this guy. I am also publishing on Amazon and just earned $5 last week which is N 3,500 doing nothing else. i will continue earning from it for years.

So bros you no get problem, other people problem if you hear am you go weak.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Klass99(f): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by femmoy(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2023
BabaIbo:

I see what you're trying to do there... cheesy grinπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Both of you are not normal.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Ibbawa: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2023
Exedyne:
omo, how you take put yourself for this position?

guy i never marry and i dey fear to born just 1

To get to this situation is easy.

i first had 2 boys and one girl. I told my wife let us hang our boot, it is okay. she refused and said our girl needs a sister or she will grow up to be a Tomboy. I laughed it off.

Before i knew what was happening i don go score goal again. this one are twins. One Girl and One Boy.
When i show the hospital i tell my wife says she go born another two. She say Nooooo

I never wanted a family of 5, but it takes two to plan, if your partner does not agree it would not work

Now i always have One or Half Bag of Rice at Home, At least a Quarter Bag of Beans, Food is the first thing.

Another plan is to open multiple fixed deposits of N100k for their education which I am working on.

Sometimes in life you can not control everything.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2023
Rayban25:

i dont know why youre lamenting. far as i am concerned what youre going through is good for you.

what are you doing with such amount of children? you didnt think of economy? you didnt do family planning because you prioritized sexual pleasure and being a sharpshooter instead of living within your means. na you sabi.
Should e go and kill them?
Once the deed as been done, no time for blaming game again….: is there still solution to his problem
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Sammy5413(m): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2023
Guy! 5 kids to a poor man like you
Guy! 5 kids already at the age of 38?
Guy! You be mumu, you no wise
There's no way out of poverty for you, you're a wicked man
You should be arrested for putting those kids in such a miserable state
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2023
Ibbawa:
β–  To get to this situation is easy. i first had 2 boys and one girl. I told my wife let us hang our boot, it is okay. she refused and said our girl needs a sister or she will grow up to be a Tomboy. I laughed it off. Before i knew what was happening i don go score goal again. this one are twins. One Girl and One Boy.
When i show the hospital i tell my wife says she go born another two. She say Nooooo. I never wanted a family of 5, but it takes two to plan, if your partner does not agree it would not work
Now i always have One or Half Bag of Rice at Home, At least a Quarter Bag of Beans, Food is the first thing.
Another plan is to open multiple fixed deposits of N100k for their education which I am working on.
Sometimes in life you can not control everything.
Why didn't you use family planning, use a condom or get a vasectomy? undecided

200k for 5 kids in this economy and you feel you are some sort or alhaji or what? What happens to all 5 kids if you were to die today? You may be able to get them into public school in grade school but how many of dem go see college attend on that salary of yours? undecided

1 Like

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by sageb: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2023
GboyegaD:

Obavoh isn't ready to learn but interestingly enough, their story is very similar.

It is difficult to understand how people give birth to so many children even when they are convinced, they do not have the means. Let's assume the first child is 15 nonetheless, the economy was already showing down signs as of then.
I am sure the day he finally summons courage to go home, even in the one room apartment they all stay, baba is likely going to have an erection and call it the act of God.

You nailed it
The truth
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Agent17th: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2023
Stevenbright:

Stop giving birth now.

Since you drive for a farm, that naturally should have motivated you to start your own small farm that will enable you to produce food for your family and if possible some of it for sales to make some money. This is one of the things you should consider as it will be of great help to you and your family.

I feel it's an animal farm. Like poultry

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by icankel: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

Wishing you the best in all you do. Oga if u marry a good wife it won't too difficult for u, don't live far away from ur hometown to enable u farm and if u have a grown up kids better for u. Just work hard and don't depend on a monthly paying job unless if u want to lose ur life with HBP.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by ChiefOkporghe: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

But you write so well.
Would make a good copywriter.
Check out Venzal's thread on this forum.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by nerorex01: 11:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Ahhaaaaa x7

E go better

TemplarLandry:
cool
I dedicate β€œE Go Better” by Tony Tetuila to you. Great jam!

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Immunity1555: 11:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Mozino007:
You play too much!
Shot up there
If you don't have what to say
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Immunity1555: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2023
Rayban25:

Because of you and your comment people died in silence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) / Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.