Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room (50530 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by ConfusePoint: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ranting. Ranting. Ranting.

I have decided to rant out my predicaments on this forum today.

What is the way out of poverty for me?

One inlaw is even living with us, making it 8 in number, all in one room.

This thing don come big pass me.

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

No two ways about it except ...

But like a car without tyres, can it move even if it has fuel? Definitely no.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

How do I help this family better than I am trying?

Wishing you the best in all you do.

254 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by TemplarLandry: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
cool
I dedicate β€œE Go Better” by Tony Tetuila to you. Great jam!

256 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Mozino007(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
You play too much!

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by dawnomike(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

I know most of you here would blame me for impregnating a woman to give birth to that number of children but then, life is life. It happens like that sometimes.

They say a poor man's prayer is "e go better" but instead of things to get better in Nigeria, everyday things get worse.

Truth is, except I drive myself out of this mess to a better life for me and my children, this poverty that is so stricken will likely be extended to my children, which I really don't want.

For 4 days now, I sleep outside in an abandoned car because of financial war at home. I can't go back home and I even feel like never to go back there but should I abandon them like that and run away? To where?

When I went to the market the other day with 5k to buy food items for the house, I was crying and talking to myself on my way back because I came back with almost nothing.

Nigeria have succeed to plug life out of poor Nigerians. The poor cannot breathe again. Let's die and go.

Advice: never give birth when you are not financially strong. Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Life happens.

presently, what do you do for a living?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by wittywriter: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Your Moniker says sums it all....

Wittyness

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

i dont know why youre lamenting. far as i am concerned what youre going through is good for you.

what are you doing with such amount of children? you didnt think of economy? you didnt do family planning because you prioritized sexual pleasure and being a sharpshooter instead of living within your means. na you sabi.

253 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by jackmrandy: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
I know for sure this can never be true. but if its true, but lets join you to lament. you are the cause we have miscrants in the society. children whose parents are no taking care of them and at that the end sort to robbery and thugery for survival causing nuisance in the society because their parents neglected them. Gone are the days that people will say na God dey give children, uncontrolled sexual appetite gives birth to children when not done properly (protection, family planning) . don't bring children you can not take care of into this world, especially here Nigeria.

225 Likes 29 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by ConfusePoint: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
dawnomike:
presently, what do you do for a living?

A driver for a farm.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Allardyce: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
You are earning low, but your reproduction of living things is high.

Imagine, 5kids.

Your excuse; 'Children are gifts from God.'

You will continue to rant if you don't control your reproductive organ.

214 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Diligent1(f): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
You need to stop reproduction, do family planning with your wife.
Put your children in public schools and you monitor their studies, check their books from time to time educate them of good behavior and the kind of friends they should have.

Your wife has to be working so that she can support you in the house and no relative should be allowed to live with you for now, they can go elsewhere.

When you want to buy food, buy in bulk when you get to market you will see other people contributing money together to buy in bag and share, this will also save you money and look for better job.

It shall be well with you and your family.

445 Likes 46 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

Life happens.

life is hard.
But don't give up.
Some women lost their husbands with many kids. Think about that.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by dododawa1: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
You should have continue your RAINING
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by jaeyking(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
It is well

I don't want to say u are the cause but this predicament came by your own doings

5 kids in this economy when you earn low is such a big turnoff

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
With this kind of economic hardship,
Many guys will not go into marriage again.

Na only ladies wey get sense now go marry. All those ones waiting for already made man, go wait tire.

105 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Allardyce: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
If you get a job that pays you 100k, I am sure you will increase the children to 10.. You are productive in bed.

I don't have pity for people like you that are insensitive to things happening in the world.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

A driver for a farm.
try open a small petty business for ur wife and kids. Any type of business.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by RepoMan007: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
jaeyking:
It is well

I don't want to say u are the cause but this predicament came by your own doings

5 kids in this economy when you earn low is such a big turnoff
you harsh man.

He probably gave birth to four of them before subsidy removal.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by RepoMan007: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tonytonex:
try open a small petty business for ur wife and kids. Any type of business.
these people need that palliative more than others. Those trashing it should come see a family that palliative can greatly help in a 12 month cycle.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by We4all: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
I have zero pity for the likes of you. In fact, even if I had the means to assist, I will NEVER help people like you.

Do u know why? I will tell you. It's because some of you have decided not to have sense. Do you think those that gave birth to a child because that's the number they can afford to cater for are fools?

I don't know how some of you reason. The hardship you were facing wasn't enough, you choose to drag innocent kids into it. Now, you're running away from your responsibilities.

I will tell you the same thing that I always say to 'irresponsible parents'. If you can't train your kids, go and sell them. There will be willing buyers who will help you lessen the burden.

79 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
these people need that palliative more than others. Those trashing it should come see a family that palliative can greatly help in a 12 month cycle.
the palliative was for 6-month not 12-month. And mind you,
That 8K palliative can only feed them in a day or two.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by onomeabuja: 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Allardyce:
You are earning low, but your reproduction of living things is high.

Imagine, 5kids.

Your excuse; 'Children are gifts from God.'

You will continue to rant if you don't control your reproductive organ.
The Op wife yansh get HONEY that him JUNIOR is like a WORM that is always appearing in d DARK grin

4 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by RepoMan007: 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tonytonex:
the palliative was for 6-month not 12-month.
I know already that N8k X 6months can buy a bag of rice or beans that will last them almost a year is my point. Or set up a small business for the wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Allardyce: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
onomeabuja:

The Op wife yansh get HONEY that him JUNIOR is like a WORM that is always appearing in d DARK grin
Hahahaha.

See his excuse na. You go fear. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Reinamaria(f): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
ConfusePoint:

A driver for a farm.

What does your wife do to support the family?

10 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
I know already that N8k X 6months can buy a bag of rice or beans that will last them almost a year is my point. Or set up a small business for the wife.
you are not getting it.
They are not getting the money in bulk, as in once.
It's every month.
And there is no way they can be saving that for the 6-month.

16 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by olabrinks(f): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
We have said this time and time again. Do not give birth to children you cannot take care of. Nigerians make it seem as if you’re impotent if you have 1 or two kids. Thank God the upcoming generation have learnt from their elders. We will no longer be seeing situations like this in 20 years.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by RepoMan007: 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tonytonex:
you are not getting it.
They are not getting the money in bulk, as in once.
It's every month.
And there is no way they can be saving that for the 6-month.
they can save it.
Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Tonytonex(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
they can save it.
you are not being realistic here.
Na pesin wey don chop dey save.
How much have you saved so far?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by ibechris(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
I don't know what to say honestly.

E hard to advice u...because next year again,I will see 5 become 6.

Just advice yourself again and again to see if u will hear yourself.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
olabrinks:
We have said this time and time again. Do not give birth to children you cannot take care of. Nigerians make it seem as if you’re impotent if you have 1 or two kids. Thank God the upcoming generation have learnt from their elders. We will no longer be seeing situations like this in 20 years.
They have? undecided

I would not be shocked if all of OP's kids go on to make the same "E go better" mistake as OP abeg! We have seen it happen time and time again to at least be able to predict it so. Na generational thingz e be sef. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room by GboyegaD(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
At this time, your focus is how to leverage public resources for the benefit of your children. They should go to public schools and you and their mom should help them study in the evenings. As much as you can, buy food in bulk, lead by example, be contented so that you can teach them contentment.

ConfusePoint:
A driver for a farm.

Can your farm allow you buy produce in bulk? Can they allow you trade their products or find buyers and get commission?

37 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) / Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured) / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.