Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Visa Denied - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Denied (40995 Views)

F2 Visa Denied. I Have No Clue / Conference Visa Denied At The U.S Consulate Lagos / USA Visa Denied Several Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Denied by panpan(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
What is disheartening are the non-refundable fees that the applicants pay for a visa refusal.

It is obvious that the United States embassy and consulates are being maintained by visa application fees. As long as the money keeps flowing in, they will continue this mode of operation. Who would reject a "business" of making over N50m each working day?

What can we do?

If a foreign entity snubs you, you may snub them back. Only apply for a US visa if it is very important to you and there is no other option. Boycott the US visa application if possible.

Consider the US visa application as a gamble; only pay the application fees with money that you can afford to lose (in other words, money that you do not need for anything else).

Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), agents and lawyers, who are involved in immigration issues may start a campaign against US visa applications. Let the general public be sensitized against wasting hard-earned money on a foreign entity, especially when there is no positive result.

8 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:
Visa denied today 21st of July, 2023

Vo:Good morning
Me:Good morning

Vo:Have you ever been to the US?
Me:No, I never had a reason to until now

Vo:Do you have a family there?
Me:No, I don't

Vo:Do you know anybody in the US?
Me:Yes, I have my family friend there?

Vo:what does she do there?
Me:she is a student

Vo:who is sponsoring you?
Me:My dad, he is..... (Cuts off)

Vo: what does he do
Me:He is a successful business man, he's the CEO of bleep global services, he deals with the importation of cars and cars spare parts and the exportation of agricultural products, he's also into real estate, he earns 50m annually

Vo:what are your postgraduate plan?
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria for the compulsory national youth services, after which I will seek employment in top food companies and hotels, I will do that for a while because I will love to start up my own baking shop and culinary school where I can impact knowledge in those that are interested in culinary world.

Typed for a while and passed me the blue paper.

Please what could be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by RoiSoleil(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
Maybe it was the « impacting » knowledge that did the VO’s head in… 🤷🏾‍♂️

Is it possible to request for information on the reason for denial ? Maybe appeal ?

Pheleecity13:

Me:He is a successful business man, he's the CEO of bleep global services, he deals with the importation of cars and cars spare parts and the exportation of agricultural products, he's also into real estate, he earns 50m annually

Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria for the compulsory national youth services, after which I will seek employment in top food companies and hotels, I will do that for a while because I will love to start up my own baking shop and culinary school where I can impact knowledge in those that are interested in culinary world.

Re: Visa Denied by FSBoperator: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

How do you prove these ties? Does the US VO ever look at documents you come with?

Be rest assured that in today's world, they would have gotten all they require to paint a picture of you simply from your social media footprint.

Your linkedin , Facebook and Google browsing history are accessible to them.

Like myself I have been declared a flight risk for posting on the 13th tribe.

I take that as a badge of honour though.

2 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by zolajpower: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:

Does your DS160 has all these stories ? Sometimes when u give out too information you are denied
Re: Visa Denied by SaintLucia: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
Maybe your name is on the list of those endsars protesters that almost burnt down the country. Those domestic terrorists that invaded the Capitol Hill in Washington were banned from entering any airlines in United States while the notorious ones among them are currently in various prisons.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by Entanglement: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:

which person pikin no go work for his father so called successful bleep company, but instead the foolish son won go work for top food company instead of his successful papa company undecided

I be visa agent I go even ban you for applying for America visa

2 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by gracefoundmme(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Search for ETM travels and join. They help so much especially for mock interviews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Denied by KonTagiousBull: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
motymop:
He is a successful business man, he's the CEO of bleep global services, he deals with the importation of cars and cars spare parts and the exportation of agricultural products, he's also into real estate, he earns 50m annually

no proof to back it up, maybe the account statement you gave does not correspond correspond with the claim

I will be coming back to Nigeria for the compulsory national youth services, after which I will seek employment in top food companies and hotels, I will do that for a while because I will love to start up my own baking shop and culinary school where I can impact knowledge in those that are interested in culinary world.

it is expected that when you come back you will work for the family business

Ya right...

2 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by obaidan: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
No one apart from the VO can tell you for sure, but from the transcript u shared, your response to what your sponsor does for a living sounds like what VO may have heard 6 times in the last 3 hrs before she attended to you.

For your response to your plans after school....how about you needing that education and exposure so you can manage the newly launched cullinary arm of your father's chain of businesses....u should not come back and be seeking employment in "one of" the food companies. As VO I would probably think u will go to the US and spend minimum of 40k dollars over 2 years and come back to join the over 60% unemployment pool, e possible say the VO just see unemployment statics in the news that morning....dey rate urself if u dey US embassy...make it look like u will be equipped with x y and z values that companies in xyz sector desire to have....mention those skills u will have that food companies will desire to have

But like I said, no one can be really sure why u were denied, it's also possible ur responses sounded logical to the VO but ur delivery and confidence wasn't there...

In visa interviews, the most important thing is your ability to make ur story sound compelling. I have seen people get visas and their responses to source of funding na loan and the VO gave them, people have told visa officers, my sponsor works for the Federal Government , just that and their visas got approved. Whatever story u want to tell, ur voice need to convey that compelling thrust.

Like I said, only the visa officer will know for sure. It could also be inconsistencies in ur story with what's on ur ds160...u can tell that, not us. And like someone said it may also be God's will.

5 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by JohnnA1: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
motionarena:
It might be God will.

You fit enter now and one deranged man go just empty bullets 4 ur body

LOL! grin grin grin
Re: Visa Denied by stasius: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Why is everybody running?
Re: Visa Denied by DestinyNigga: 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:

Your problem here is that you talk too much. If am the one I won't give u visa.
Re: Visa Denied by kmaster007: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Really
Legitgames85:
I think where u got it wrong was saying u know someone in the US, next time say u don't know anybody there
Re: Visa Denied by Onekilo: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
You lied tongue

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by godwon01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
First timer. Secondly, your dad can not be in that position and probably want to travelled. This people knows when you are telling lies. Your story doesn't look like someone who is coming back to Nigeria. Go through an expert.

3 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by kmaster007: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
Does it mean he should lie to dem
dontrulee:
Doesn't add up.
You tried to be truthful but unfortunately your truth didn't help you in the interview.
Sorry about your visa being denied, look on the brighter side of life
Re: Visa Denied by kmaster007: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Wat the right ans
BabaIbo:

I believe it was your response to the "have you been to the US before" question.
Re: Visa Denied by kmaster007: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
How much do you spend on visa
Dyfynezz12:
Was denied mine yesterday, second time in 3 months.

But life still goes on sha.will keep trying.

The rate of denial is just much.

Re: Visa Denied by airsaylongcome: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
FSBoperator:

Be rest assured that in today's world, they would have gotten all they require to paint a picture of you simply from your social media footprint.

Your linkedin , Facebook and Google browsing history are accessible to them.

Like myself I have been declared a flight risk for posting on the 13th tribe.

I take that as a badge of honour though.

Wouldn't that be for people that use those platforms? I've not used used any of those platforms for at least 6 years. And when I used them, I almost never posted content there

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by Ofemmanu1: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Think9ja:
Do people still travel out of Nigeria?

It's been long I heard that someone attempted to travel out. BAT has made Nigeria the greatest country on earth.

Even Nigerians in diaspora are running back home to enjoy real dividends of democracy.

Some people no just like better thing sha

Eh?!

Motivation speaker.
Re: Visa Denied by frugal(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:

Too many ramblings and unneeded long stories. They are professional psychologists with many years of experience.
For somebody whose father owns that many successful businesses according to you, your responses were just too desperate.

Here's how I would have responded:

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning

VO: Have you ever been to the uS
Me: No

VO: Do you have a family there?
Me: No

VO: Do you know anybody in the US
Me: Not really

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My father

VO: What does he do?
Me: Business

VO: What are your postgraduate plans?
Me: Compulsory 1 year NYSC in Nigeria, and taking over/joining the family business immediately afterwards.

20 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by Bar1941(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
* Your dad company's name sounds unreal (Bleep)

You are not employed currently based on your response.

Any of those can easily disqualify you

3 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by sukkot: 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
when you told him yua fada is into importing car spare parts he immediately knew you are a fascist anarchist insurrectionist secessionist seditious pugnacious obedient. DENIED

They already have trumptards they are dealing with

4 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by poppingtags: 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Sorry about that OP.

Your time is coming...

Between, is it Lagos Consulate or Abuja?

Coz I heard Lagos gas been dishing out blue paper to many people

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by dontrulee: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
kmaster007:
Does it mean he should lie to dem

Not at all, but try to put it in a better way.
Humans fall more for words than for actions.
There's an art of putting words in a strategic way that it will be to your advantage.

In a scenario like an interview or an oral exam, there's a standard that the examiner expects you to meet. If you don't package the truth well, you may likely fail the exam or the interview.

It's not just enough to say the truth, but how do you present your truth?

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
The lies are obvious here. These people interviewed lots of applicants and they have experience. When you lie, they know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Denied by Sage7(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Not true o. I was asked the same question and truthfully answered that I did have family members in the US. That didn't prevent the VO from approving
Family member differs from Family friend. Any mention of a friend other than family is a red flag
Re: Visa Denied by modernWays: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
pweeryambre:
No reason, i think sometimes these VOs responde based on emotions... they are still human beings like us.

There is always a reason or two, VO's are strict psychologists. The mentioning of 50m naira earned by his dad totally gave him away. It sounds suspicious, I will denied him as well for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Denied by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pheleecity13:

... and what was the reason that your gave them as to why your unemployed self wanted to go to the US?!
Re: Visa Denied by malkomchris: 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
Next time tell him you will proceed for your MSc degree, if you are going for first degree now. Otherwise tell him you will come back and see how you will contribute to Nigeria development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo) / Motor Accident Kills Two ATBU Final Year Students & One Graduate (Photos) / Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.