Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu (22492 Views)

Only Illiterate Blaming Tinubu For Current Hardship In Nigeria / Nigerians Didn’t Bargain For Current Hardship, Gani Adams Tells Tinubu / Igbo Have Nothing To Bargain For 2023 Presidency–rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Druss(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2023
Chachamiliano:

I do not have any issue with the removal but the issue here ie that expenditures are going up and income on the masses are going down. Yet the rich class are still milking them dry. Its better we start shouting from the onset, criticise their plan so they could make adjustments rather than when they are about to leave office. Then someone will use them to campaign

Both rich and poor are suffering in this economy o. There is nothing wrong with lobbying. I support it 100%. The people must provide checks and guidelines to our leaders. However it is easy to cause chaos in Nigeria. Just use ethnic differences, religion or even money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2023
Chachamiliano:

I do not have any issue with the removal but the issue here is that prices of goods and services are going up and income of the masses are going down. Yet the rich class are still milking them dry. Its better we start shouting from the onset, criticise their plan so they could make adjustments rather than when they are about to leave office. Then someone will use them to campaign
IconicR

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Acekidc4(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2023
emapeteum:

How relevant are these your views?

Am not posting my comments so it can be relevant to You. Am only airing my views. Simple.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Allisgud: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
But Obi would have removed subsidy too
obi would have waited for alternative to be circulated like curbing of insecurity to allow farmers which equal food surplus,promote conversion of diesel fuel vehicle gen to gas etc so when subsidy eventually surface nobody will feel it
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Allisgud: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
obi would have waited for alternative to be circulated like curbing of insecurity to allow farmers which equal food surplus,promote conversion of diesel fuel vehicle gen to gas etc so when subsidy eventually surface nobody will feel it,it wount affect manufacturers
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Acekidc4(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2023
StPete:

You are a mumu man. Is Gani Adams the governor of Kwara State? Is Gani the president of Nigeria? Does Gani Adams control the armed forces? You leave your demented cocaine-sniffing president whom you wholeheartedly voted and whose duty it is to protect lives and properties, to attack a citizen who has absolute freedom of expression under the constitution of Nigeria to express himself.

Are you a Barbarian, Why are you Shouting??
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Druss(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

🤣😂🤣
Dire economic wahala caused by who? Corrupt politicians or the common man?

Mr man do you know the implications of an individual who a year prior to getting elected into position was struggling to repair his okada motorcycle, all of sudden this person became wealthy in position of authority buying houses everywhere including overseas in London, USA...

This is exactly what is happening in Nigeria. These guys have destroyed every sector with their kleptomania.

Dire economic wahala caused by Nigerians. From the politicians to civil servants to the common man. The leaders are selected from us the people. They are no different from most of us. The difference is they are in a leadership position. I believe in Honesty, Integrity and Respect. There are a few good Nigerians but we tend to refer to them as mumu.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by blaise26abj(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:

He stated it during the campaign . But the approach matters . There are different ways to get to lagos from abuja . You can go by air or you can trek . Which one is harder ? So the issue is not about removing subsidy . It is about how to quickly solve our refinery problems and mitigate the hardship that comes with the removal . Not some stupid 8000 naira per month stipend .

The subsidy removal would have even been better but in the same breathe naira was floated ,making the import price go higher . It just shows they didn’t really think things through .

Lastly pump price will get to 700 naira . It is unavoidable unless Dangote refinery starts within a couple of months

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Druss(m): 9:32am On Jul 23, 2023
blaise26abj:

He stated it during the campaign . But the approach matters . There are different ways to get to lagos from abuja . You can go by air or you can trek . Which one is harder ? So the issue is not about removing subsidy . It is about how to quickly solve our refinery problems and mitigate the hardship that comes with the removal . Not some stupid 8000 naira per month stipend .

The subsidy removal would have even been better but in the same breathe naira was floated ,making the import price go higher . It just shows they didn’t really think things through .

Lastly pump price will get to 700 naira . It is unavoidable unless Dangote refinery starts within a couple of months

I agree. Really hoping that things improve by October 1st. His speech will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Godszilla: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2023
Àwà lokan

Its ironic that when schools go for competitions they pick their best brains no sentiment attached. When you think of a football team you want the best players no sentiment attached. When you want send your child to school you always look for the best schools no sentiment attached cause you always want the best for your child. When you travel by air you always want the best pilot no sentiment attached.

But when it comes to electing your representative you dont want the best but you want to put tribe n religion first quality n competence takes back seat. What do you really gain if its tribe n religious person that is at the helm of power. Should that be the goal?

Sentiment has its place but not on issues that affect your existence. "Self preservation is the first law of nature"

LagosFirstSon:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-didnt-bargain-for-current-hardship-gani-adams-tells-tinubu/?utm_source=auto-read-also&utm_medium=web&amp
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Slynation(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
when you will not read anything about Obi, when he was dishing out statistics as a way of solving issues, you lots were making caricature of him and opt for an inexperienced senile old man who didn't grant one single interview to inform the masses what he has in stock...

Yes, Obi said he will gradually remove subsidy, by 40/50% while planning on revitalizing our refinaries, after which subsidy will be gone for good...This is one key area of how Nigeria would have transformed from consumption to production...

Also another aspect of it is that Obi's regime would have ushered in a whole new forms of technocrats, both in the private and public sectors who are hungry for success...Above all, Obi would have been a game changer, he can't afford to fail, a lot of people already have faith in his administration, so doing the right is his utmost priority.

Now, after insulting him with tribalism with your Iyaebe account, you have changed to IconicR to come and do damage control... well done oO

Anyways, I gave up on Nigeria when one Malo man was saying, he knows an Igbo presidency will forever change Nigeria, but he rather remain in suffering and anguish than to see that happening, you can imagine how damaged some people has become just to maintain and idealise one useless and baseless status quo.

Since I was born, the popular slogan in Nigeria is "e go better" but it only gets worst, just because some useless masses has refuse to learn. This is why the best resolution is too balkanize the nation, the S.E are obviously tired of bearing the pain of the nonsensical decisions made by the S.W and the Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Druss:

We, Nigerians, have selected leaders and in our various capacities abused and misused this nation's resources. Resources are not only cash; it refers to every item required. From teachers misusing funds, to police abusing the civilians of this nation, to people stealing their employees funds, to not paying taxes. The list is long. The leaders are easy to point fingers at and yes they do share the major blame for this.

On Tinubu and other leaders, do I believe they have misspent funds - yes. Do I have proof to establish without doubt that they have done this - no!!
The leaders own big and worse pass! Now in Nigeria being a politician is the fastest way to be a billionaire through looting. It is now a constitutional right for leader in position of authority to loot the treasury.

Some things are bottom up approach while others are top bottom approach. In this case it is top bottom approach. Leaders must show example, if not we can never get it right, your followers, will never respect you, only loyal to you.

Look at the way he even got elected sharing money to people, buying everyone. From the beginning he is already failing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by bluefilm: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
This their wailing never even begin to dey sweet me.

Let me wait until game start well well because na kick off we just do.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by khalids: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
Taylor90:

Did you read where I said removing subsidies without planning

Abi you dey junction dey chop corn

Best reply i have seen all day...epic

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by emorse(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
Why does it always have to be about Obi? Shey dem born us to suffer while the leaders dey flex unlimited ni? We have to learn to force the goveryto work regardless of who heads it. That's how to get a result.

See bro, it would have been very foolish to keep mute and watch if it were Obi that did this.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Offpoint1: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Taylor90:

Did you read where I said removing subsidies without planning

Abi you dey junction dey chop corn
Where him see money take buy corn? 😂
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by bluefilm: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Allisgud:
obi would have waited for alternative to be circulated like curbing of insecurity to allow farmers which equal food surplus,promote conversion of diesel fuel vehicle gen to gas etc so when subsidy eventually surface nobody will feel it

Tell them.

They still want to compare Obi with their agbado economics.

They wan use that one hol' body as per say dem no get any hope again.

Ndi ala.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2023
Druss:

Dire economic wahala caused by Nigerians. From the politicians to civil servants to the common man. The leaders are selected from us the people. They are no different from most of us. The difference is they are in a leadership position. I believe in Honesty, Integrity and Respect. There are a few good Nigerians but we tend to refer to them as mumu.

Now for this much needed change to occur, what are you recommending? Bottom top approach (masses initiate it takes right to leaders) top bottom approach (leaders initiate force it down on masses)?
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Blackdisciple(m): 9:42am On Jul 23, 2023
uchwar1:
Wicked hypocrites! They want Nigerians to have patience and make sacrifice. The same sacrifice Goodluck Jonathan begged them to have when there was oil boom. Instead they used it against him

They just don't care about us and when ever they see that the masses are teaming up they make sure they bring ethnic differences amongst us because they always know that's our weakness but a day shall come when the masses will override ethnic nonsense and focus on them it's that day nigeria will be better..
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by badoh(m): 9:42am On Jul 23, 2023
Acekidc4:
Gani Adams should get out with is Mumu firing. What's the Mumu Gani Adams doing about the Slaving Situation the Fulani minority are Subjecting the Yorubas to in Ilorin Kwara State Shebi he is the Warlord of the Yoruba Race. He should not shook mouth for matter wey no too really concern am, the matter wey concern am is how to Collect back Ilorin from the grip of the Fulani Caliphate and integrate it back into the SouthWest.
Trash as usual
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Apache2000: 9:42am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
My problem with you people is that you always compare every rubbish this man does with 'what would peter obi have done' Peter obi is not your president (atleast for now)..leave that man alone and face the nonsense you voted
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by bluefilm: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2023
Slynation:
when you will not read anything about Obi, when he was dishing out statistics as a way of solving issues, you lots were making caricature of him and opt for an inexperienced senile old man who didn't grant one single interview to inform the masses what he has in stock...

Yes, Obi said he will gradually remove subsidy, by 40/50% while planning on revitalizing our refinaries, after which subsidy will be gone for good...This is one key area of how Nigeria would have transformed from consumption to production...

Also another aspect of it is that Obi's regime would have ushered in a whole new forms of technocrats, both in the private and public sectors who are hungry for success...Above all, Obi would have been a game changer, he can't afford to fail, a lot of people already have faith in his administration, so doing the right is his utmost priority.

Now, after insulting him with tribalism with your Iyaebe account, you have changed to IconicR to come and do damage control... well done oO

Anyways, I gave up on Nigeria when one Malo man was saying, he knows an Igbo presidency will forever change Nigeria, but he rather remain in suffering and anguish than to see that happening, you can imagine how damaged some people has become just to maintain and idealise one useless and baseless status quo.

Since I was born, the popular slogan in Nigeria is "e go better" but it only gets worst, just because some useless masses has refuse to learn. This is why the best resolution is too balkanize the nation, the S.E are obviously tired of bearing the nonsensical decisions made by the S.W and the Northerners.

That's their mentality.

And that's why I just park for one side now dey observe all of them.

Maybe this suffering they are enjoying right now might make them to get sense in the future, who knows...?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Westernlove: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2023
Taylor90:
Tinubu don tell una say he no promise una anything that he only said it was his turn.

All of a sudden Seyi Law Toyim Abrahim & Eniola Badmus don keep quiet because they don see say e don backfire.

My big man neighbor wey dey always claim say his kids can’t sleep without light all of a sudden the kids don dey sleep without light bcuz of fuel.

Trust me you people aee not even suffering yet bcuz light dey steady.

Wait till NEPA goes back to their normal 3 weeks no light.

Una go dey pick dead body for ground like snail.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by blaise26abj(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2023
Druss:

We, Nigerians, have selected leaders and in our various capacities abused and misused this nation's resources. Resources are not only cash; it refers to every item required. From teachers misusing funds, to police abusing the civilians of this nation, to people stealing their employees funds, to not paying taxes. The list is long. The leaders are easy to point fingers at and yes they do share the major blame for this.

On Tinubu and other leaders, do I believe they have misspent funds - yes. Do I have proof to establish without doubt that they have done this - no!!

Do we really select our leaders ? Since 1999, I can say the election that brought in Buhari had a little semblance of the will of the people despite the ethnic undertone. In this election, my polling unit had close to 5000 people in attendance . Less than 900 voted because inec staff complicated issues . People were intimidated and disenfranchised across the nation coupled with INEC’s apparent lack of transparency.

Okay . You are not sure if he is corrupt for lack of evidence . Fine . But looking at the affairs of lagos , you can infer that he is . A corrupt man with corrupt associates CANNOT stop being corrupt just because he has the highest office of the land . In fact , he now has the keys to the wealth of the entire nation which is scary . Already a corrupt man is senate president .

Let’s see how this plays out . I will follow you so we can check scores in the months to come .
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by kaludestiny10(m): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2023
If Gani Adams were to be your biological father would you advice him to embark on the mission of reclaiming Illorin from the Fulani?
Acekidc4:
Gani Adams should get out with is Mumu firing. What's the Mumu Gani Adams doing about the Slaving Situation the Fulani minority are Subjecting the Yorubas to in Ilorin Kwara State Shebi he is the Warlord of the Yoruba Race. He should not shook mouth for matter wey no too really concern am, the matter wey concern am is how to Collect back Ilorin from the grip of the Fulani Caliphate and integrate it back into the SouthWest.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Akalia(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2023
Taylor90:

If he didn’t know what to do he shouldn’t have increased the burden of Nigerians without salary & wages increment

What would he have done but he knows how to increase fees and remove subsidy without planning

He for leave everything pending like Buhari left then till he figured out what to do

Your president is daft and useless

Y’all will come online to defend him but deep down everybody dey feel the heat even the mods that keeps banning me are not spared

Including you people that sings his praises ain’t spared una dey feel am

Tinubu is not as smart as his supporters projected him to be, in such he is not wise even. Buhari was not smart but he was wise in that he was able to conclude his tenure on a somewhat good note.

Tinubu started on the wrong foot and has since being putting the wrong foot forward each time he makes a move.
One thing I am happy about is that the hardship is generic, it does discriminate against anybody. Everybody is feeling the heat.

Will Nigerians ever learn and grow wise when it comes to electing national leaders moving forward? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by badoh(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
obi said he would have reduced the subsidy by half, and get the pallative ready while boosting the naira before removing the remaining half when things have adjusted

I think that would have been fair enough, tinubu knows nothing

They keep saying sacrifice, is it today Nigerians have been sacrificing and never get anything instead the leaders keep getting more
What was his performance in Anambra State when he was the governor and use that as a yardstick to know if he has the solution to Nigeria problem.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by uchwar1: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2023
Blackdisciple:

They just don't care about us and when ever they see that the masses are teaming up they make sure they bring ethnic differences amongst us because they always know that's our weakness but a day shall come when the masses will override ethnic nonsense and focus on them it's that day nigeria will be better..
On point
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by TOMMYS: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2023
inoki247:
At least people are talking nd people from the President region are letting him know his failing nd not hiding it not like some people that will rather worship Failure bkuz is from dere side....

Na make them just steal money dem sabi
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Realguyman1(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
Nobody said he shouldn't remove subsidies. But we are only saying he should have plan very well for it, appoint a minister of petroleum and as well create a commitee that will oversees the process before doing the removing.

Someone said the other day when fuel price increase to 617 that it was the marketers benefitting from the corruption of fuel subsidy that were fighting back the government. And I ask him, if Tinubu knows what he is doing and was prepared for governance, corrupt marketers fighting back wouldn't have been any problem to him, because he would have been prepared for then already. So that's not an excuse, because corruption has always been in the Nigeria system and he should have been the one to be prepare for the corrupt elements in the system. But so unfortunate he is the head of corruption himself.

Peter Obi would have manage this fuel subsidy removal situation far much better than this old drug lord that only want to be president just like Buhari and nothing else.
Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Slynation(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2023
bluefilm:

That's their mentality.

And that's why I just park for one side now dey observe all of them.

Maybe this suffering they are enjoying right now might make them to get sense in the future, who knows...?
Trust me, they will never learn, front 1K cash in their presence and they will be singing the names of their oppressors while signaling "waka" to their succour...,,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Didn't Bargain For Current Hardship - Gani Adams Fires Tinubu by Agbogab1995(m): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2023
I pray God should give our leaders the right sense to serve us...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / Buhari Meets With Members Of The 8th National Assembly In Abuja (photo) / Boko Haram ‘strapping Bombs To Birds’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.