Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) (52217 Views)

Bauchi First Lady, Aisha Bala-Muhammad's Convoy Trapped On A Bad Road / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
007Marvel:

He's not supporting rubbish flooding in Edo state is the Norm! And most of the time the flood dries up in no time. Almost all major roads in Edo state are in good shape, although few potholes here and there. Obaseki is in our good book!
he is in your family good books and not edo.
Which normal human says flooding is a norm.
Is this not the same flooding the previous administration wanted to address with the benin water storm project, obaseki came and stopped the water storm project, boasting he will probe the project and till today probe he couldn't probe the previous govt and he refused to continue the project.
The major roads that are good in Benin were all done by the previous administrations.
Obaseki came to edo state to only destroy the little he met.
Can you list obasekis project he started and finish for seven years now?
Do you think he is the most useless governor in Nigeria for no reason?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by immortalmortal: 9:42am On Jul 23, 2023
sonofsteven:

Not all roads are under the state government

Federal government fixes federal roads

State government fixes state government road

Local government fixes local government roads

Let me guess... This is a federal road?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2023
Jostoman:
Some road are worst than this in Lagos and Ogun state but am always happy anytime our politicians also pass through what the poor mases pass through everyday.
this has nothing to do with ogun or Lagos, face the matter squarely.
In terms of roads, my edo sate has the worse road network in the whole southern Nigeria.
Thanks to this useless man we have as a governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2023
GhostRider1991:

Which hardworking governor.

Oshiomole is different from Obaseki, show me one road constructed by Obaseki in benin, I'm not saying patched road because all he does is patching road bit by bit after one week the road is bad, all good roads in benin today was done by Oshiomole, check Uwelu Road, Textile road by Ogida, Uselu Road by Tumb line, Auchi Road by Aduwawa, Close to bypass, RCC Road sapele road all these roads are zero during rainfall.

All the roads done by Oshiomole has deteriorated so bad. Obaskei has done nothing other than empowering agbero I'm Benin City.

I never compared Oshiomole with Obaseki in terms of work done as governors, and I will never do. The likes of Oshiomole, Umahi, Akpabio, Kwankwaso, Fashola, Chime, and Duke are outstanding in performance as governors. Obaseki is nowhere close to Oshiomole. However, my response was to the malignant comment by one Idowu that Obaseki is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria's political space. Why we have huge expectations from our governors at state level in Edo, nowhere will one compare Obaseki to useless politicians and governors like Abiodun, Tinubu, Alao Akala, Akeredolu, Gbenga Daniel, T. A. Orji, Yahaya Bello, Yuguda, Shekarau. How then would the dimwit make such comment because of water on tarred road during rainfall?

The truth is this: it is always hard to score good points when your predecessor has set a high standard. Same fate befell Ganduje.

Again, Edo no be Lagos.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Almaigaa: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2023
The worst Governor in Nigeria

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Jostoman: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
this has nothing to do with ogun or Lagos, face the matter squarely.
In terms of roads, my edo sate has the worse road network in the whole southern Nigeria.
Thanks to this useless man we have as a governor.
Says by APC man, we should do away with ogun and lagos because they are Apc state. You try
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Guynexttdoor: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2023
What a shame
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by deltateam: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbenbshw0QQ

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State convoy seen in a viral video trapped/stuck in a flooded road in the state shocked

Serves him right. He has the allocation to fix those roads but decided to be playing to the gallery.

Same thing applies to health care.
Just as that private University where a student died because of inadequate medical provision in the midst of heavy school fees.

One day, it could be the VC turn or any high ranking official. Let them not do the right thing.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2023
Jostoman:
Says by APC man, we should do away with ogun and lagos because they are Apc state. You try
I don't do partisan politics but even if I am APC man, what has that got to do with facts.
Suffer no dey tire una for this life?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by LandMann: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

Same Sapele Road Oshomole and Obaseki worked on. Let's be honest, the possibility of flooding during and after rainfall in Benin City is high, and it doesn't start today. From Ugbowo to Agbo Road, Uselu to Aduwawa, Tv Road to Textile Mill Road, Ekehuan Road to Okhoro. And these roads are in good shapes, by Nigeria's standards. We experienced same thing during Oshiomole and I don't think the next governor can do anything about it.

What I won't permit is someone living in the dirty waters of Ogbomosho or Udi to malign my hardworking governor because we rejected APC at the polls in 2020. Yes, Edo no be Lagos, the slum headquarters of West Africa. .

You're a very stupid and shameless liar. Oshiomole is the only governor in Edo state since 1999 that worked on federal roads like benin auchi and Benin Lagos roads, and also worked on erosion control in Benin. Obaseki abandoned the erosion control project and has left all federal and many state roads in Edo to fall into a state of disrepair.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2023
nairamaniac:

Lucky should be the worst ever.

Between obaseki and oshimole:
Oshiomole did more important p ojects than obaseki. However fewer.

Obaseki has done far more quantity of roads than oshiomole, but those roads are not as MAJOR as the ones Oshiomole did. Never

God bless you. You know Edo State well if you are not one of us.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Almaigaa: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:
The fools commenting above won't tell you what Obaseki and his predecessor had done to reduce the flood on that road. Whatever you do on Ugbowo Lagos Road, there must be water on the road during rainfall. It takes just minutes to go away after the rain. Please, free my govo.

Obaseki did nothing in Edo. The Ugbowo flood was handled by FG. The few Roads Obaseki did no dey pass 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2023
LandMann:

You're a very stupid and shameless liar. Oshiomole is the only governor in Edo state since 1999 that worked on federal roads like benin auchi and Benin Lagos roads, and also worked on erosion control in Benin. Obaseki abandoned the erosion control project and has left all federal and many state roads in Edo to fall into a state of disrepair.

Where's the lie? Point one, please.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Jostoman: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
I don't do partisan politics but even if I am APC man, what has that got to do with facts.
Suffer no dey tire una for this life?
infact we are fed up with suffer, and that was the reason why we took our destiny into our own hands during last election before Yakubu impose the person majority of nigerians didnt voted for on us.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
Obaseki you no dey try o.

Edo No Be Lagos Indeed!
Where is that man on constant weed, Snomair- on Nairaland -from that State!
So,Edo State de float on Water too? shoo!
Se, Edo State no get Federal Allocation,ni?
Edo Youths must hear this! How many Employments have all these Governors- including Obaeseki,Okowa,Diri, Anambra( you remember that Govnr that handed over to Soludo but ran to America-with his Family since,as if they are using their Money), to create Creates all these Infrastructural developments in their respective States?
You remember the Homongous Money given to ALL the Oil Producing States by Buhari( at least Buhari did that and other Infrastructures) late last year- ONLY Govnr Wike- could tell Nigerians ,the rest of the governors kept sealed lips-and the Citizens themselves-have been asking without any response- NO Response!
Corruption in Nigeria, especially in the States- where the governor are Emperors -no be small thin but ironically,the gaulibles Masses focused more on the Federal, without knowledge that their States can do better!
Just because Obaseki had little disagreement then with his Party Members, especially- Oshomole and the next thing is jump to PDP,as if it is a better Party- Shuabu and others too - what a revenge they thought!
But you see life now- the same Adams Oshomole is now at the Centre of attraction!
It's when they want to cheat the Masses in casting their Votes you hear ' Edo no be Lagos' and why can't they tell us or show us better things other States/ their States are doing that is far better than Lagos?
Nonsense! I beg,make Una park somewhere!
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Edo no be Lagos indeed!
Where is that man on constant weed, Snomair- on Nairaland -from that State!
So,Edo State de float on Water too? shoo!
Se, Edo State no get Federal Allocation,ni?
Edo Youths must hear this! How many Employments have all these Governors- including Obaeseki,Okowa,Diri, Anambra( you remember that Govnr that handed over to Soludo but ran to America-with his Family since,as if they are using their Money), to create Creates all these Infrastructural developments in their respective States?
You remember the Homongous Money given to ALL the Oil Producing States by Buhari( at least Buhari did that and other Infrastructures) late last year- ONLY Govnr Wike- could tell Nigerians ,the rest of the governors kept sealed lips-and the Citizens themselves-have been asking without any response- NO Response!
Corruption in Nigeria, especially in the States- where the governor are Emperors -no be small thin but ironically,the gaulibles Masses focused more on the Federal, without knowledge that their States can do better!
Just because Obaseki had little disagreement then with his Party Members, especially- Oshomole and the next thing is jump to PDP,as if it is a better Party- Shuabu and others too - what a revenge they thought!
But you see life now- the same Adams Oshomole is now at the Centre of attraction!
It's when they want to cheat the Masses in casting their Votes you hear ' Edo no be Lagos' and why can't they tell us or show us better things other States/ their States are doing that is far better than Lagos?
Nonsense! I beg,make Una park somewhere!
You sound like a sycophant. My post is not to feed your sycophancy. m talking of obaseki not the state.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2023
Almaigaa:

Obaseki did nothing in Edo. The Ugbowo flood was handled by FG. The few Roads Obaseki did no dey pass 4 months.

Same way he also did these roads in Ota. F.ool

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by LandMann: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

Where's the lie? Point one, please.

Obaseki is a useless governor in all ramifications and standards. Stop praising him or defending him on social media. Edo people are not fools that defend useless politicians because of tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by PaNnamdi: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:
The fools commenting above won't tell you what Obaseki and his predecessor had done to reduce the flood on that road. Whatever you do on Ugbowo Lagos Road, there must be water on the road during rainfall. It takes just minutes to go away after the rain. Please, free my govo.
Coming from someone who had accepted poverty and backwardness in his life and his generation.

Not everyone is cursed like you okay,when same people just learn to shut up.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by beejay4all(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2023
Is a federal Government highway road
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Truthshotcrazy: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2023
July rains cool
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2023
LandMann:

We know APC supporters by their comments: abuse everyone when they lack valid points.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

I never compared Oshiomole with Obaseki in terms of work done as governors, and I will never do. The likes of Oshiomole, Umahi, Akpabio, Kwankwaso, Fashola, Chime, and Duke are outstanding in performance as governors. Obaseki is nowhere close to Oshiomole. However, my response was to the malignant comment by one Idowu that Obaseki is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria's political space. Why we have huge expectations from our governors at state level in Edo, nowhere will one compare Obaseki to useless politicians and governors like Abiodun, Tinubu, Alao Akala, Akeredolu, Gbenga Daniel, T. A. Orji, Yahaya Bello, Yuguda, Shekarau. How then would the dimwit make such comment because of water on tarred road during rainfall?

The truth is this: it is always hard to score good points when your predecessor has set a high standard. Same fate befell Ganduje.

Again, Edo no be Lagos.
all the governors you listed did or are doing far better than obaseki. Did any of these governors ever campaign with a renovated stadium, did any of these governors ever campaign with a pedestrian bridge or a renovated secretariat?
That was all obaseki did in his first term.
Some of these governors you listed has built state universities, flyover, standard hospitals and hundreds of kilometers of motor able roads for their states but can the same be said about your darling obaseki?
Instead he shut down the ones he met, renamed them.
He met AAU Ekpoma's monthly subvention at N250m and reduced it to N41m; and Edo Poly Usen, N55m to N10m for no publicly justified reason.
How about our secondary and primary schools? He has singlehandedly killed edo education system.
I see you mentioning Yaya Bello, shekarau, akeredolu etc and I laughed out loud at your ignorance. In 7 years obaseki has not done what yahaya Bello did in one year in office, let's not even talk about akeredolu.
Akeredolu built a standard flyover and there was no single media buzz about it but obaseki build a pedestrian bridge at the front of uniben and he commissioned it and campaigned with it.
Since you were born have you ever seen a governor commissioning street light? And the same street lights has since stopped working.
Una Mumu too much for this country abeg.
If you are game, I will list yahaya Bellos achievement in one year in office and you will list obasekis achievement in 7 years let's compare them.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Almaigaa: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

Same way he also did these roads in Ota. F.ool

See your incompetent Governor. Shame no dey catch una. grin grin grin

All Edo State Governors who are Bini are worst. Ambrose Ali, Osunbo and Oshiomole did excellently well. I think they should ban you people from Governing Edo. Cause your people make poor Governors grin grin grin

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by nwakibie3(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Pls, akpu dwarf pygmy of Alaigbo, stay out of this.
You are suffering an existential crisis and you should be sensible enough to shut up your dirty mouth.

You are nothing but a fo0l
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Coming from someone who had accepted poverty and backwardness in his life and his generation.

Not everyone is cursed like you okay,when same people just learn to shut up.

Zuor zuor! If this isn't a faceless forum, the world would've judged the riffraff between you and me. Enjoy your day, Elon Musk.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Neddstark: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

Same Sapele Road Oshomole and Obaseki worked on. Let's be honest, the possibility of flooding during and after rainfall in Benin City is high, and it doesn't start today. From Ugbowo to Agbo Road, Uselu to Aduwawa, Tv Road to Textile Mill Road, Ekehuan Road to Okhoro. And these roads are in good shapes, by Nigeria's standards. We experienced same thing during Oshiomole and I don't think the next governor can do anything about it.

What I won't permit is someone living in the dirty waters of Ogbomosho or Udi to malign my hardworking governor because we rejected APC at the polls in 2020. Yes, Edo no be Lagos, the slum headquarters of West Africa. .

With good engineering, that flooding issue can be history. But your government employs mediocres consistently, here is the outcome.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2023
Almaigaa:

See your incompetent Governor. Shame no dey catch una. grin grin grin

All Edo State Governors who are Bini are worst. Ambrose Ali, Osunbo and Oshiomole did excellently well. I think they should ban you people from Governing Edo. Cause your people make poor Governors grin grin grin

Another familiar tactics from our noisy neighbours. Unfortunately, we don't do such ethic rubbish here in Edo. Keep it to the west where Awori, Ijebu, and Egbira fight one another for leadership. We've done our turn in Benin with Obaseki. It's time to support our brothers from the other side; same way the supported us to save Edo from the evil hands of APC. APC is dead in our state politics. Deal with it.

All these tantrums on Obaseki we fully understand are attempts to make inroads to people's heart before 2024. Common boy, we are enlightened people. No way for you guys again.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by PaNnamdi: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

Zuor zuor! If this isn't a faceless forum, the world would've judged the riffraff between you and me. Enjoy your day, Elon Musk.
Mind u,u don't know who u are chatting hence I will pardon u for that.
for u to defend rubbish means u are among those that got 2k bribe on election day.how can u be defending a poorly built road and a man who is feeding on the fat of Edo people.if u don't want to be insulted learn to speak sensible things.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by naikeboy(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Just imagine
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Beolly(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Activeman391:

Oga go and sit down .have you been to some parts of Lagos when it rains..even Victoria Island .U go thank your stars say water no even carry you..overrated lagos
HATE and JEALOUSY. You better relocate to your village.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Mind u,u don't know who u are chatting hence I will pardon u for that.
for u to defend rubbish means u are among those that got 2k bribe on election day.how can u be defending a poorly built road and a man who is feeding on the fat of Edo people.if u don't want to be insulted learn to speak sensible things.

If sensibility dwells in allowing people from enclaves of Eni Osun and Iragbiji without motorable roads ridicule THE HEARTBEAT of Nigeria because of mere water on tarred road, may it be far from me. Why on earth will a region with worst governors and terrible political choices since the fourth republic always try to criticise governors from other zone? Aren't theirs worse? Must every governor be in APC to be on their good books? Has anyone written such demeaning things about Oyetola, the worst governor in the history of mankind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Deploys 100 Female Soldiers To Secure Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Ola Brown Reacts To Peter Obi Flying Economy Class On A Commercial Flight / President Buhari Receives Akinkunmi Adesina In Aso Rock (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.