Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos (28956 Views)

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly / NEWS FLASH: Zamfara Election: Supreme Court Voids Votes For APC / Breaking: Kano Court Voids Ganduje's Appointment Of New Emirs - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Great2017: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

What part of the bolded statement below do you not understand? It's already on plain English. Maybe we should translate it to broken english lol.

[b]The court held that Section 50(2) and Section 60(5) give INEC “very wide discretionary powers” to determine how it transmits or transfers election results.

“As I had demonstrated earlier in this judgment, the Electoral Act gives the 43rd respondent (INEC) discretion on how it carries out its assignment including how it transmits or transfers the result of election from polling units,” Umar stated.[/b]

When is the INEC suppose to exercise this very wide discretionary powers? Is it before the elections or during the elections or after the elections?

Every unbiased mind knows that the rules guiding or regulating an event are made before the event starts.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by raskymonojendor: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
buckeyemedia:
Because you know more than the umpire INEC?

Keep deceiving yourself, it is your prerogative.
Just like Mmesoma thought she knew more than jamb grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by raskymonojendor: 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
Great2017:

When is the INEC suppose to exercise this very wide discretionary powers? Is it before the elections or during the elections or after the elections?
They can decide to use that discretionary power anytime they want. They have no laws binding them to use one all through an election.

This "before, during or after" was an imaginary rule created in the minds of deluded Obidients or atikulated.

The court held that Section 50(2) and Section 60(5) give INEC “very wide discretionary powers” to determine how it transmits or transfers election results.

“As I had demonstrated earlier in this judgment, the Electoral Act gives the 43rd respondent (INEC) DISCRETION ON HOW IT CARRIES out its assignment including how it transmits or transfers the result of election from polling units,” Umar stated.

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Omenlon: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Even the 25% issue had been thrown out by another court in a seperate case. 20million naira fine was also issued to the petitioner.
only a brain dead individual still believe there is a case in PEPT. Even if you import American and European jurists to come and preside over it, they can't upturned the the results of the election.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by BJanta: 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Obi's SANs know exactly what they are doing. They are only exploiting Obi's lack of wisdom to make as much money as they can.

This whole election tribunal is clear to a brilliant SSS1 student let alone SANs.
Abeg let them milk him very well since him no gree give himself sense.

LOL

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by raskymonojendor: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Omenlon:
only a brain dead individual still believe there is a case in PEPT. Even if you import American and European jurists to come and preside over it, they can't upturned the the results of the election.
Peter Obi only took a page from Donald Trump's handbook of stolen election.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by jonnex: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Yoighaman:
This judgment is a clue of what the outcome of the petition at the Presidential election tribunal will look like. I just pray Nigerians remain calm after the pronouncement, because that is what everybody is waiting for.

Endless waiting, nothing will come out of the case, it is merely a judicial and academic exercise. One sentence to finish it up is "Lack Merit".

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Omenlon: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
Great2017:

Every unbiased mind knows that the rules guiding or regulating an event are made before the event starts.
I feel your pain bro, but law doesn't work with emotion.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Mushmush: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Ghana is closer. They will go the refugee way like David Hyundai cheesy
Hahahaha I'm telling you. Shameless set of people. They are all cursed and doomed

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Omenlon: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
jonnex:

Endless waiting, nothing will come out of the case, it is merely a judicial and academic exercise. One sentence to finish it up is "Lack Merit".
Peter Obi himself knows only his headless mobs are the ones looking for a stolen mandate.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Princedapace(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
IjeBos:

I'm with you. I'm not sure what people are arguing against. Watching parts of that election on Twitter left me dumbfounded and embarrassed. Election officials literally put ballots in Tupperware containers and called them secure?

Nigeria can't grow or work if people are comfortable with it as is.

I am always ashamed of this country. How we use our own hands to be destroying our selves. No single love for our own land. But we are quick to rush to other people's country that worked hard to build their own countries.
How can we be arguing over trasmission of results electronically at this age? How? How?
Come on, Nigeria, come on!
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Joshmuch: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
Bluntguy:

Drug money.
Rigging of election,
Age falsification,
Double nomination,
Many more.
25 %FCT

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Great2017: 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

They can decide to use that discretionary power anytime they want. They have no laws binding them to use one all through an election.

This "before, during or after" was an imaginary rule created in the minds of deluded Obidients or atikulated.

The court held that Section 50(2) and Section 60(5) give INEC “very wide discretionary powers” to determine how it transmits or transfers election results.

“As I had demonstrated earlier in this judgment, the Electoral Act gives the 43rd respondent (INEC) discretion on HOW IT CARRIES out its assignment including how it transmits or transfers the result of election from polling units,” Umar stated.

The INEC guidelines were actually made by the INEC before the elections contrary to your partially laced submission.

The INEC even went as far as re-emphasizing their stand on this on both local and international platforms.

Sane Nigerians would want to know why the INEC used its guidelines for the National Assembly elections and then deviated for the Presidential elections despite both occurred at the same time and used the same infrastructure and technology.

If you don't see things from this rational angle, I am sorry, you are partisan.

Nigeria cannot continue like this as if it belongs to the INEC or you.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Basic123: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2023
EcoNews:
It took Soyinka decades to realize no good can come from trading your own to the Igbos, soon enough the likes of Rufai Reuben Tundeednut Falz Simi n others will learn their lesson in bitter way

What pain me most is that,despite the fact that just 55% voted for TINUBU while 89% of Igbo voted for OBI,they still see us as Tribalists!

You cant just satisfy them untill you kill yourselves for them or become their slaves and praiseworshipping them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Great2017: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
Omenlon:
I feel your pain bro, but law doesn't work with emotion.

Sorry, you actually feel your pains.

Yes, the law doesn't work with emotions. That is why Nigeria belongs to Nigerians and not you, the INEC or me.

The INEC must logically explain to Nigerians why it jettisoned its guidelines for the Presidential elections but used same for the National Assembly elections despite both elections took place at the same time using same infrastructure and technology.

Is the above based on emotions or a level playing ground for all the contestants including the umpire?
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by ojobek: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
This is the court that normally ruled against party if they refused to follow there guidelines, Moreover,if ten parties challenges the outcome of an election in court,it is mandatory that second position should challenges first position,third to challenges second, fourth to challenges fifth etc.Some people are actually brain dead.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Coronavirus1: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Just wait it's few minutes to go corrupted judges
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Lotanna2: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Since all these LP-People are more interested in the Section 50(2) and Section 60(5) of the Electoral-Act-2022 whenever they go to the Courts,, rather than paying serious attention to the whole of Section-64 which is even more serious than the Transmission itself,, then I wish them luck in the court..

Let them continue to wallow about,, until they are ready to do the right thing..

What do you mean
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Arapmoi22: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
Basic123:

What pain me most is that,despite the fact that just 55% voted for TINUBU while 89% of Igbo voted for OBI,they still see us as Tribalists!

You cant just satisfy them untill you kill yourselves for them or become their slaves and praiseworshipping them

Fairness to these people in the south-yeast is:

Being in charge and control.
1963 - 1966 was the fairest time in our history when;

1. Nnamdi Azikiwe was the president.
2. Author Orizu occupied the equivalent of our present day Senate president.
3. Aguiyi Ironsi occupied the position of the present day Chief of Defence staff while 80 percent of the military officers around him are were from the region.

1, 2, 3 above is what Fairness means to them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Lotanna2: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

You don't understand me.
Do you??

The LP-People would always go court without Section-64 which happened to be the ACTUAL APPLICATION of Transmission.

Thus,, how can they always go to court and be demanding for transmission,, yet they wouldn't present to the Judges the Uses of the same Transmission as required by the Electoral-Act..??

So,, when they are ready to do the right things right, they would have the true Judgement the seek.
If not,, then, let them continue to beat about the bush.

According to the electoral act,if inec chooses to transfer,they simply take it to collation centre.if they are to transmit,then 61-65 applies and inec chose both
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by omooba74(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
The ruling is expected and fair,nothing like electronic transmission of results in electroral law,INEC is at discretionary to use any methods of transmitting elections results but Obidunce people will still argue on this....
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Lotanna2: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
onuman:

In other words, the Executive and the Legislative Arms of government wasted billions of Naira in vain making the Electoral Act of 2022.

What a retrogressive judge.

Appointment of presidents for Nigeria suits the Oligarchic rule lovers of Nigeria from where this leading judge is coming from. They have appointed an old and ailing Tinubu through Mahmood Yakubu, and they are ready to throw the Electoral Act of 2022 put of the window. They will hit the rocks this time.

With this,obi case is dead.stop ranting and whining
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Lotanna2: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
onuman:

End of democracy; end of crude oil sustained countries..

Nwite judgement of 2022, did it take place before or after the Electoral Act of 2022?

After.nwite judgment was in 2023
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Nakedtruths: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Great2017:

Don't mind that guy, he knows
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Nakedtruths: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
omooba74:
The ruling is expected and fair,nothing like electronic transmission of results in electroral law,INEC is at discretionary to use any methods of transmitting elections results but Obidunce people will still argue on this....
I laugh in Swahili.
I feel deep in my heart that the cjn was feelin like a democratic defender when he ruled that FORFEITURE is a crime against abacha family, little did he know that law is an ass. Soon than later, you go still cry wolf.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by wirinet(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
eldoradoxx:

The judgement does not affect the election case. That case was filed before the election. Yes, it is absolutely correct that INEC has the discretion to determine how results are transmitted, and INEC had in it's guideline mandated that in confirming with the provisions of the 2022 Electoral Act, results must be transmitted. Having determined so, INEC can no longer change the mode after election has commenced as it will be similar to allowing the referee to change the rules of the game in the middle of the game. So that decision is right to the extent that INEC can only decide how to transmit result before the election, not after the election.

Nigerian judges can turn logic on its head in making bias rulings. No one had questioned INEC's discretion in making electoral guidelines on how election results should be transmitted, the dispute is whether INEC can change those guidelines after making them, putting then in the electoral laws that's approved by the national assembly and assuring the political parties and Nigerians on the implementation of these guidelines.
You can't change the rules in the middle of the game or after the game.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Christistruth03: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
ugodson:

Yes he lost the battle but Peter Obi will win the War

if you know how many times Ojukwu said exactly that before he finally fled

have you noticed that Peter Obi is not disputing Atiku's Election result at all

That shows that Peter Obi knows that he did not win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by obyno82: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Yawns !!!

next!
Until you become a topic in nairaland. Imagine the headline "Nairalander gets picked up by DSS for inciteful hate.speeches, Sean owner of nairaland under investigation by the DSS"
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by paymentvoucher: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Mitsurugi:

Bro evidence was tendered at the tribunal where INEC vowed to do so both documentary and in broadcast. It became the least expectation of every party including the citizenry. No one coerced INEC into doing so. They chose it. They insisted on it. They didn't even deny this fact at the tribunal. It is curious and a fatal anomaly that they failed to adhere to their own guidelines in one aspect the Presidential while employing it to another, the National Assembly for elections held on the same day.
Don't fall on a sword for another. Is it a norm to just apologize for breaking your own rules? Where is the justice for those that are adversely affected? Why can't they do it again next time and simply just apologize. We must hold our institutions to task in this country to progress. My opinion.

I get your point brother. I am an international observer and I saw all what happened during that election. INEC failed on what they promised truly but what happened was so beyond their power/control.

You know there was a point they tried to move the results to another portal when the initial portal was overwhelmed? I believe they have learnt their lessons moving forward.
Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Basic123: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Arapmoi22:

Fairness to these people in the south-yeast is:

Being in charge and control.
1963 - 1966 was the fairest time in our history when;

1. Nnamdi Azikiwe was the president.
2. Author Orizu occupied the equivalent of our present day Senate president.
3. Aguiyi Ironsi occupied the position of the present day Chief of Defence staff while 80 percent of the military officers around him are were from the region.

1, 2, 3 above is what Fairness means to them.
And VC of U.I,UNN and UNILAG were all Igbo.

Like I always say,Igbo will continue to feel marginalized until they dominate!

Equity and equality are not in their dictionary!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Yoighaman:
This judgment is a clue of what the outcome of the petition at the Presidential election tribunal will look like. I just pray Nigerians remain calm after the pronouncement, because that is what everybody is waiting for.

Igbos will remain calm. They are the ONLY ones who believe 3rd position won the election. The same people who supported Mmesoma the JAMB score fraudster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Voids Order On E-Transmission Of Election Results In Lagos by Raf4: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
Bluntguy:

Drug money.
Rigging of election,
Age falsification,
Double nomination,
Many more.

Unfortunately for you, they're all pre-election issues. Election Tribunal is only interested in how you can prove that you actually won the election or what really happened during the election that significantly and materially marred the integrity of the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Zimbabwe (photos) / Sanwo-olu Plays Chess With Chess Champion, Ferdinand Maumo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.