Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off (42364 Views)

Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by kushe: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

The seed money he used in investing in paypal was from his apartheid daddy! Look it up. You're the ignorant/uninformed m0r0n here.

Even some morons know how to use Google but just in case you don't know how to,let me help you.
Go to your Google bar and type the following key words.
" Did Elon Musk receive any money from his father?"
Thank me later after you have become properly informed.
And even if he received money from his father,was it his father that wrote code for him or helped him sell his first company to Compaq Computers for 300M dollars?
When you see a great man,don't beef,rather appreciate. Most great men in our own country have not built anything,they are just skilled in the art of kleptocracy.
This guy has revolutionised 4 industries.
Finance and digital payments, Electric vehicles, Space exploration and satellite deployment nd finally Urban infrastructure and mass transit.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Haymus007(m): 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
Namdeenero:
Lol.. Twitter will never remain the same
Swears, honestly!
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Charismatic107: 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
Pascal9:
buy your own platform, stop complaining
Ode
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by ILoveFaith: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2023
ecolime:

You are calling a Dollar billionaire foolish. The joke is on you.

Eccentric geniuses don't necessarily have to see things the way everyone else does.

Yep. He could be a billionaire like Ted Boehly of Chelsea and still make poor decisions.

Reminds me of some lyrics to one of Rick Ross' songs... Rich niggahs making poor decisions
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by turkeyman: 12:19am On Jul 25, 2023
so twitter videos would be called x videos?
i think
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Padipadi(m): 12:37am On Jul 25, 2023
Wodu89:
Twitter is dead. Dorsey should have known better than sell Twitter to this guy. From one terrible decision to the next in a sequence. Smh
Musk is stupidly rich. Money stones misses road
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by abbey621(m): 1:10am On Jul 25, 2023
ILoveFaith:

Yep. He could be a billionaire like Ted Boehly of Chelsea and still make poor decisions.

Reminds me of some lyrics to one of Rick Ross' songs... Rich niggahs making poor decisions

Making poor decisions does not make him a fool, letting those decisions weigh him down is the real foolery. Go and ask most billionaires in the world and they'll tell you their success rate is less than 40%. That means 60% of the time they made wrong decisions.....Let that sink in!
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by obedience4(m): 2:11am On Jul 25, 2023
Anny69:
You don't understand a simple joke, lmao.

Am joking too

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by iamtardey: 4:01am On Jul 25, 2023
I knew was gon die sure the birds are dying and they all dead. Elon! grin
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Dybala11(m): 4:38am On Jul 25, 2023
ecolime:

You are calling a Dollar billionaire foolish. The joke is on you.

Eccentric geniuses don't necessarily have to see things the way everyone else does.
It's like you don't know how some people reason??
That was how one ediot was calling Mbappe a fool on a WhatsApp football group chat for signing the last mega-deal he signed at PSG, I told the ediot to send a screenshot of his bank account as proof of what he said before I can take him serious. Na that kind of foolishness I want abeg, foolishness to make big money legitimately. 😂😂😂🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by tete7000(m): 5:46am On Jul 25, 2023
X as in unknown, hidden fact?
Whatever is hidden shalk with time be unearthed.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Exjoker(m): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2023
I heard that Microsoft own the X trademark...
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by LordReed(m): 6:48am On Jul 25, 2023
GRACEGLORY:

This is wrong, not an obsession, rather, it's a vision.

X is a part of Elon Musk's plan to create an “everything app”.

Read series of condemning responses above, I shake my head, you think you know better than Musk eh, you think he's a joker? Laughs....

Actually yeah. He bought an overvalued company which has now lost half the value he paid for it, which is hemorrhaging cash because of the loans the company is burdened with and the loss of advertising revenue. A name change is not going to patch these gapping gaffes.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Psoul(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2023
physise:
Dumb billionaire. How can you replace a well-recognized brand with an alphabet? A cheap design at that

He did the design by himself using old version of Corel Draw.

Once you start challenging your maker, you wisdom will start dropping. Ask King Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by HelenChidozie(f): 7:36am On Jul 25, 2023
X Æ A-12 Musk.

What a name 😂
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Abacus1: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2023
History of Twitter since its Birth

#️⃣Year: 2006
Twitter was founded by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams.
The platform was initially called “twttr.”
The first-ever tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006, saying “just setting up my twttr.”

#️⃣Year: 2007
Twitter was officially launched to the public on July 15, 2006.
The platform gained popularity during the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas.
The term “tweet” was officially added to the Oxford English Dictionary in June 2007.

#️⃣Year: 2008
Twitter’s user base grew significantly during this year.
Barack Obama’s presidential campaign effectively utilized Twitter as a communication tool.
The “Retweet” feature was introduced, allowing users to easily share others’ tweets.

#️⃣Year: 2009
Twitter started experiencing explosive growth, with millions of users joining the platform.
The company raised $35 million in funding from various investors.
Twitter introduced verified accounts to distinguish public figures and celebrities from fake accounts.

#️⃣Year: 2010
Twitter reached over 100 million active users.
The “Promoted Tweets” advertising platform was launched.
Twitter introduced the “New Twitter” redesign, enhancing user experience and adding new features.

👉LEARN MORE>>
⏺️History of Twitter since its Birth⏺️

Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Once you are white you are evil and racist and benefited from the purchase of their ancestors whose own tribesmen sold them off. It's the stuff of saloons.

If his wealth is a product of apartheid as much as the wealth of the Singhs should be, let it be proven .

Nigerian athlete fails doping test.
Translation while licking the bottom of the glass: racist whites want to strip African girl of a gold medal, the bloody racists!
instead of them to build their nation they spend their productive years guarding and delibating on women and their vaginas,when their white counterparts are successful they complain of racially disadvantaged.

Ask the average man what is his goal in life. Not invention or innovation. It is make money,woo girls,gloat on women that once rejected them when they were poor,marry the virtuous wife,splash money and pepper their relatives . Not giveback to the society. Not even give us 24 hours electricity.

The few that think outside that box leave the country to realize their idea
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by PaNnamdi: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2023
Agunesinjaweola:

Do you think how a man had $251 Billion Dollars as personal money is ordinary

Read more about extraordinary people in space 🌌🚀
Yoruba man cheesy everything na JuJu to them.

Instead of you to sharpen up your brain and improve your life dey there they talk nonsense.

Do u know opportunities that exist oveas for those who could grab them on time?

I just dey pity u grin
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Pascal9: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by DodadaKoKigbe: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
kushe:

" Did Elon Musk receive any money from his father?"

And even if he received money from his father,was it his father that wrote code for him or helped him sell his first company to Compaq Computers for 300M dollars?

Finance and digital payments, Electric vehicles, Space exploration and satellite deployment nd finally Urban infrastructure and mass transit.

Yes, he got his start up funds from his apartheid daddy!

No, Elon Musk does not know how to code. I probably know more about coding than him and I never even claim to be a coder.

All these companies where not his ideas. He just bought them up and really made a mess of most of them. And I predicted he would also crash twitter, and you can see for yourself if you're not blind.

Now, go and sleep. Your brain needs re-charging.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by drnoel: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
obedience4:
Twitter has changed its brand and logo from its famous blue bird to "X"
The new white X on a black background has replaced the blue bird on the desktop version of the social network, although is yet to appear on the mobile app."Tweets" will also be replaced, according to Twitter's owner Elon Musk, and posts will be called "x's".
The billionaire changed his profile picture to the new logo and added "" to his Twitter bio.
Mr Musk wants to create a "super app" called X - his vision for a new kind of social media platform that he has been talking about creating for months.
On Sunday, the billionaire said he was looking to change Twitter's logo, tweeting: "And soon we shall bid adieu to the Twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds."
Mr Musk, who has changed the name of the business to X Corp, said the replacement "should have been done a long time ago".
He posted an image of a flickering X on Twitter, and later in a Twitter Spaces audio chat, replied "Yes" when asked if the Twitter logo would change.
Ms Yaccarino wrote on the platform that the rebrand was an exciting new opportunity.
"Twitter made one massive impression and changed the way we communicate," she said.
"Now, X will go further, transforming the global town square."
The bird is called Larry which Twitter's co-founder Biz Stone said, in 2011, is a tribute to basketball star and Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird.
People took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the logo, including Martin Grasser who designed it in 2012.
"Today we say goodbye to this great blue bird," he said. Later the tweet was shared by Jack Dorsey, Twitter's best-known co-founder.
The everything app
For some people in Asia, super-apps including India's PayTM and Indonesia's GoJek have been a vital part of everyday lives for the past few years.
The apps let users pay for services through a finance system.
WeChat is a messaging and social media platform that has evolved into one of the region's biggest apps in terms of its range of services and number of users.
Last year, it was estimated to have 1.29 billion users in China alone.
Drew Benvie, social media commentator and founder of digital agency, Battenhall said, "Musk is going full throttle for the everything app space, leaving old Twitter in his wake, and eyeing the successes of Asia's trailblazers like WeChat and Moj.
"Succeeding in just a couple of additional services, such as shopping or payments, could be all that's needed to make X better than Twitter was. But there are already so many alternatives, so Musk and co are playing an enormous game of catch-up."
Twitter's website says its logo, depicting a blue bird, is "our most recognisable asset".
"That's why we're so protective of it," it added.
The firm temporarily replaced the logo in April with Dogecoin's Shiba Inu dog, helping drive a surge in the meme coin's market value.
Mr Musk was later accused of insider trading by a group of Dogecoin investors, who claimed he had profited from driving up Dogecoin's value.

Rapid rebrand
Business commentator Justin Urquhart Stewart said Twitter's "loyal but aging base" would not like the changes.
"The younger generations have moved onto other apps and Twitter does look at bit old-fashioned."
"Elon Musk has got to be careful as you are almost starting from scratch with an older audience meanwhile damaging the original brand," he said.
The very rapid rebranding of Twitter has also caused some security concerns.
Jake Moore, global cyber adviser at security firm ESET, said the transition from one company name to another could encourage phishing, where criminals impersonate people or organisations to steal users' data.
"A rebrand is the perfect opportunity to send phishing emails requesting users to sign in via a new URL from a link within that email - but of course that link wouldn't be genuine and that's where people could be tricked into handing over their genuine Twitter credentials without their usual level of caution," he told the BBC.
"Cyber-criminals can easily prey on this, especially those searching for that new URL."

X obsession
Mr Musk has long had a fascination with the letter X - although no-one really knows why.
One of his first business ventures in 1999 was known as , which was an online banking platform.
Just three years later, Mr Musk made $165m when - by then merged with PayPal - was bought by eBay.
He also owns the domain name, which now redirects to Twitter.
Mr Musk is also chief executive of SpaceX, the commercial American aerospace company founded in 2002.
There is also the name of his first child with musician Grimes - X Æ A-12 Musk.
Mr Musk also recently launched his long-awaited artificial intelligence start-up - xAI - in a bid to build an alternative to ChatGPT....

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66284304

This man should have left the brand and just open a holding company like Facebook did
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by ikorodureporta: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
illuminati thingz....while threads took 666 shocked
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by abellmanuell(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
I do not support the change but he now owns twitter, sold it with his money. therefore i can decide whatever changes he want to make. Thanks.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by kushe: 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Yes, he got his start up funds from his apartheid daddy!

No, Elon Musk does not know how to code. I probably know more about coding than him and I never even claim to be a coder.

All these companies where not his ideas. He just bought them up and really made a mess of most of them. And I predicted he would also crash twitter, and you can see for yourself if you're not blind.

Now, go and sleep. Your brain needs re-charging.

Oga,stay away from dingy poorly lit beer parlours.
The gist around those joints are usually spewed and consumed by unintelligent people.
Elon Musk definitely can code and even started coding as a kid and is self taught.
Google can be your teacher. Use it !!!
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by DodadaKoKigbe: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2023
kushe:

Oga,stay away from dingy poorly lit beer parlours.
The gist around those joints are usually spewed and consumed by unintelligent people.
Elon Musk definitely can code and even started coding as a kid and is self taught.
Google can be your teacher. Use it !!!

Elon Musk is a far below average coder. I doubt he can even do more than 3 lines of script before he gives up. Name just one app that he wrote from scratch to finish, just one! He's a loud mouth who talks far more than he thinks.
Re: Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off by Tundex911: 1:11am On Jul 26, 2023
Using ♾ should be better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes / My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.