Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428201 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2023
AOJoy:
Hello,

I just received another study visa refusal after two previous refusals. My programme is to start in November, and I think I still have time to reapply. Please can you recommend an excellent immigration lawyer that can help me with my visa application? I want to get it right this time around.

Thank you

You need a immigration lawyer to file a case or help with another application?

Why was the recent application refused?
Did you get GCMS notes for the first application?
What is your profile ie POF, Course of study, your profession etc?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Roddy001: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hi Kate let me know when you get one
I also got admission into canadore college jan 2024
@ Kate202

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2023
n..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AOJoy: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You need a immigration lawyer to file a case or help with another application?

Why was the recent application refused?
Did you get GCMS notes for the first application?
What is your profile ie POF, Course of study, your profession etc?

I have Finance background.
I did the first application myself and I got GCMS note for the first refusal for Financial Technology course in 2021

Afterwards, I decided to go to the UK for study. I finished my study in the UK, but I have been an Healthcare Assistant for about 1 year now. So I decided to go for a Continuing Care Assistant program. I explained the reason why I am switching in my SOP. I applied the second time in July 2023. I used about 4 bank statements in pounds with a total of 35,000 pounds balance and 9,000 USD mutual funds balance. That in my calculations was above 60,000 CAD and my school fees is 20,000 CAD.

The second refusal was on Financial reasons so I thought the VO made a mistake because of the multiple bank statements that I submitted. I transferred all my pounds into one account, and reapplied. I also explained the reasons for transferring all the money into one account in the new SOP.

I used an agent for my second and third application. I did not get GCMS notes for the second one.I have attached a copy of the refusal statement.

Please I need recommendations on an immigration lawyer or consultant that can help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
AOJoy:
Hello,

I just received another study visa refusal after two previous refusals. My programme is to start in November, and I think I still have time to reapply. Please can you recommend an excellent immigration lawyer that can help me with my visa application? I want to get it right this time around.

Thank you

Can you share the reason for denial. You can send a mail and I can work towards a successful approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AOJoy: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2023
zubizareta:

Can you share the reason for denial. You can send a mail and I can work towards a successful approval.

Please how do I get you email address. I can't find it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2023
AOJoy:

I did the first application myself and I got GCMS note for the first refusal for Financial Technology course in 2021

Afterwards, I decided to go to the UK for study. I finished my study in the UK, but I have been an Healthcare Assistant for about 1 year now. So I decided to go for a Continuing Care Assistant program. I explained the reason why I am switching in my SOP. I applied the second time in July 2023. I used about 4 bank statements in pounds with a total of 35,000 pounds balance and 9,000 USD mutual funds balance. That in my calculations was above 60,000 CAD and my school fees is 20,000 CAD.

The second refusal was on Financial reasons so I thought the VO made a mistake because of the multiple bank statements that I submitted. I transferred all my pounds into one account, and reapplied. I also explained the reasons for transferring all the money into one account in the new SOP.

I used an agent for my second and third application. I did not get GCMS notes for the second one.I have attached a copy of the refusal statement.

Please I need recommendations on an immigration lawyer or consultant that can help.

It doesn't matter the number of bank statements you used. You obviously missed out on some things could be small details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2023
AOJoy:

Please how do I get you email address. I can't find it

Sent you a mail. Check your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
zubizareta:

It doesn't matter the number of bank statements you used. You obviously missed out on some things could be small details.
When you said you used 4 bank accounts ? Are those account yours or a sponsor or different sponsor ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
AOJoy:

When you said you used 4 bank accounts ? Are those account yours or a sponsor or different sponsor ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ekeson45(m): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2023
Lolaog:

According to that excel sheet, you are meant to use the grading scale of your school and to my knowledge, most Nigerian schools use a grading scale of 5.0 not 4.0.

Check and make your research though

Okay sir, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ItzRay(m): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
I have rectified it sir, thank u. 🙏🏽

Bobomaigida:

Search on YouTube to see how to fill that section.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Terminalia:

No issue at all. You can go through the school website to read the payment instruction. once she pays, you will be able to download your receipt on your portal.
ok thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by goddyog: 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Please for someone who studied criminology and graduated 2019 but has been teaching since 2020 and also a fashion designer (the fashion design is not registered) what is the best study route to take?

Again, for money constraint, can i do a certificate course and get a 1 year work visa, can i still further my school in other to stay back because i dont intend returning back.

For home tie, we have a 2 bedroom bungalow and 2 pieces of land in nasarawa, my wife has a property built by her father in her name. Then families. My work will give me a 1 year study leave. Are these enough for home ties?

Finally, i also intend going with my spouse, will she also get a 2 year spouse work permit? If yes can she go to school immediately i round up my own 1 year course?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MayorJoshofNewY: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
maxyboss212:
Omo...so nobody is going to university of Regina from this forum... Please let's connect oo
\

My spouse is going to URegina
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Focusmind: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
Damilare5882:
I understand what you are saying ,but it can never be worse than America .. FYI, alot of intl students who finish in America always result to Canada if things gets to the end. So what im saying in essence is , forget all these statistics, its not extremely difficult as your write up makes it seem as far as you do it the right way. For smooth immigration PR process, i will advice anyone to take CANADA OVER USA anytime !!!!!

The OP is right......though Canada is still far better than US and UK in terms of transitioning from student to PR. The pace is becoming slower with thousands of graduating students and holders of PGWP, which is about to expire or have expired exploring the same PR option. Some have taken the painful decision to enrol in another expensive studies, just to extend their stay while they explore their options. It is not as easy as it used to be. Prospective international students should be strategic with their study decisions and to be certain of being on the queue for PR. Note that Canada didn't promise anybody direct stay in Canada after studies. You are expected to leave Canada after your studies. The issue of PGWP and PR are all matters of policy, which are not carved on stone. There should not be any expectation from international students to be granted PR by the Canadian government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gbola007: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hello everyone, my application was refuse today, I have attached the generic note they sent. Please someone should help me make interpret it. Someone should please help me with the link for the paid version for GCMS note

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ademma2022: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
[quote author=zubizareta post=125897048]
PLS IS THERE A WAY FOR VISA APPLICATION FEE, I AM USING MY GTB DOLLAR PREPAID CARD AND IT IS NOT WORKING
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ademma2022: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:
\

My spouse is going to URegina
I AM GOING
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
Approved!!!

I was standing in for my beloved sister.

Application submitted on 28th July 2023.
Upfront medicals
Biometrics 8th August.

It was not easy. The waiting period can cause BP.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DereI(f): 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2023
Congratulations. Who’s coming to Calgary?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ndukaada:
Approved!!!

Upfront medicals
Biometrics 8th August.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blessing84: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2023
HELLO GURUS,

PLEASE, HOW DO WE TRACK OUR APPLICATION PROGRESS ON THE TRACKER AFTER SUBMISSION AND BIOMETRICS?

WEBSITE LINKS, STEPS, ETC??

THANK YOU

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2023
Ndukaada:
Approved!!!

Upfront medicals
Biometrics 8th August.

Congratulations. May l receive my PRR too soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blessing84: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2023
[quote author=Ndukaada post=125898868]Approved!!!

Upfront medicals
Biometrics 8th August.

Congratulations to your sis. Pls I want to ask if your sis sent a mail or webform to enquire about the status of the application or she just waited it out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Gbola007:
Hello everyone, my application was refuse today, I have attached the generic note they sent. Please someone should help me make interpret it. Someone should please help me with the link for the paid version for GCMS note

Possible no convincing career progression and weak economic ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CannyNomad: 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
Please how are you guys getting appointment for biometrics. Can anybody assist please. VFS keeps saying all slots are filled after contacting their cx care. I will appreciate any tips. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hi mayor, I sent a mail to you.. please kindly respond
MayorJoshofNewY:

There are many, of course. My wife is one. Awaiting PPR. Meanwhile there is a whatsapp group she's in with hundreds of URegina students and prospectives.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ExcellenceAb: 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
Kurukuru:

Hello house, we want to send a passport to the Canadian High Commission in Abuja. DHL said they do not accept a two-way courier to return my passport. Please how will I get my passport back? Do I need to travel to Abuja to get my passport?

Your soonest response would be appreciated.

Thank you

I used courier service to submit mine. Follow the instructions here. (Submission via courier service)
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/news/passport-collection
Your passport, the biometric stamp, the proof of payment for passport logistics (this is for the embassy to send the passport back to you after processing), a plain sheet containing your name email address and return address of the passport, all of these should be in a brown envelope. Pay DHL for the submission only, the embassy will send your passport to you via courier service.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2023
Please send a mail to me let's link up.. chidoziemaxy@gmail.com
Kihem:

Me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ExcellenceAb: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
JMG12:
GIC will do this for you

Please can you explain more? How do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ExcellenceAb: 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
00e1:
I guess most students are aspiring students aren’t aware of this. Before you make that move . It is not easy transitioning from a study visa to permanent residence in canada . It is very difficult only few percent are able to get this. It was a bit easier in the past now very difficult. Note this and be at peace. I saw a lot of students last week who their PGWP about to expire , some are submitted for EE kept writing ielts despite with their work experience and qualifications here they still couldn’t get Invite. The CEC draw has also been delayed for years now. Canada is only after students money. Over 40% percent earnings now comes from student.

Our case is different grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.