Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (409290 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Whenishehelping: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
Someone said 4month prior application submission.
JMG12:
As long as your application is still under review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please when submitting documents are we going to submit hardcopies or softcopies and also what those the biometrics entails…. I urgently need response pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
pretty1986:
Good morning sir,pls which University or College can you recommend to someone that wants to study Master in Nursing in Canada.A school that have low tuition fee, especially in a province where there is jop opportunity for students.pls reply.

Only Universities offer Master's programme. As for the cost, that will depend on your budget. You can check University of Canada West BC. Then use goggle to check other options.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Hello Bobomaigida

How can someone cancel VFS biometrics appointment Due to the wrong first name but the surname is correspond with the name on the international passport.

Please how can someone go about this

Is the name correctly written on the biometrics invitation letter? That is the document they will use to capture your record.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wsx2: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
How are you guys doing, it’s part 23 already. I haven’t been here since April , fast forward I am keeping my hope alive here in canada after a year plus. This was my last conversation here when buchito1 shared his own experience in April part 22, it’s been very hard for me here but by God grace, I am surviving. I will not discourage anyone. I want people to come and experience things here themselves.

buchito1:
Hey guys! Been soo long here! I really cannot remember how long it has being.

Today 2nd April 2033 makes it exactly 1 year of me been in Canada. And all I can say is that it's only been God, support and encouragement from my family back home and the family I already created here in Canada. How I have been surviving? I don't know! It's only God!

Cause without him, I wouldn't be writing this epistle right here.

The struggle has been hard, crazy, intense, lots to learn, combining working and going to school (even the jobs ain't easy to come by). God has been faithful to me, brought good people around me (Nigerians) because really, good people are hard to find here. Over here, nobody has time for you, nobody really cares about you. Everybody's trying to survive, everyone's almost lost in the struggle. That friend wey you think say na your bestie, ask am for $50 and watch as e go tell you him life history come run leave you in seconds.

Guys don't believe anyone who tells you Canada is all bed of roses! It is a fat lie!!! Canada is not for the faint hearted!!! Nothing is easy to get here, you must work like a donkey and follow due process to get anything you want.

When I was in Nigeria, I have never worked like the way I do here! Even the school wey them dey tell us that year say e easy pass primary school, I can categorically tell you that our education at home is decades away from what they're doing here. The education system here can make you mad! Most especially if you don't make enquiries and also ask questions (follow who know road) you'd be lost! I almost lost it in my first semester, till I began to ask questions.

For the work aspect, guys, don't mind those nonsense people keep saying, say "work full Canada", Zero your mind you might not do anything here for months. Even if you see something doing, you'd do everything you've never done in your life. There's no Job I've not done in this country, I think the only Job I haven't done is to wash dead body, which I'll never do. ☠️

Be prepared to be humbled. Jobs you feel you could never ever do in Nigeria, be prepared to do them here, unless you came into the country with a sh*t pile of cash, but if you're like us, wey tell IRCC say we get 100K USD for the account 😂 then you have to be prepared to do all sort of things just to survive.

I know lots of people who haven't done anything in more than 5 months here. Living with their Naira's from Nigeria. Like I said, don't be deceived by what you see on the Internet on how excess jobs in Canada. The good jobs here, nobody's ready to leave it, especially those Indians (I call them Fulani Herdsmen) those Herdsmen are everywhere like flies! Every nook and cranny, them dey, and trust me, na them dey get update pass, but never trust them, they'll boot you off when they have the chance!

For the weather aspect, I live in British Columbia. It's fair to say it's the warmest province in the whole of Canada. But when I mean warm don't think Nigerian warm or South African warm. Warm in the sense that were currently on 3°C and during extreme weather conditions it could get to like - 14°C. Don't forget freezing point for your freezer na 0°C grin so literally, we live inside freezer.
I stayed in Toronto for about 4 months and the weather is way more extreme than British Columbia. Good thing is for those coming in this April, the weather has gotten better, but is still gonna be so cold for newcomers. So please come prepared with good winter dresses.

Another thing is this, guys don't do the mistake of coming to Canada without any $$$, abeg come with something to support yourself for sometime, e dey very important. You don't wanna come here and start begging, you need funds to survive as a first timer. It's extremely important.

Mehn, it's being a journey for me here, trust me, so many ups and downs, if I tell people, them go tell me say better days dey come... Like this, I still dey find that better days oh! 😭 But God dey..

Thanks to SEUN for this platform! Without Nairaland, my journey to Canada wouldn't be possible. I also thank all the good people who assisted me during my process e no easy! Lianna, lekiboeboe, I can't remember the rest... Y'all are the real OGs!
By the grace of God, it'll rain PPR for everybody here! This thread 22 is gonna be your thread of testimonies! If you believe say a big AMEN!!!
Those refused, please don't give up! You know what you want, restrategise and hit them again! Trust me, you're gonna get it right this TIME! Na who give up fu*k up! I'm rooting for you! kiss

If you're coming to UCW or Vancouver and need information on anything kindly reach out to me, I'd do my best in explaining everything and anything to you.

Thanks for reading my long story guys. Have a lovely night rest ❤️

My brother the truth hurts and you just nailed it. I was expressing the same thing in the express entry thread and someone who I am sure has never travelled kept saying Bla bla bla
That I am trying to discourage people from coming .

I am in Toronto eglinton area and With what I have seen here in canada I am disappointed. This is not what I expect. There are centennial college students who has been here for 5 months looking for just common menial jobs and they can’t find any. Anyone that have high hope coming here will regret it. It will take several years to get things together in canada.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
Morexx23:
Please when submitting documents are we going to submit hardcopies or softcopies and also what those the biometrics entails…. I urgently need response pls.
Hardcopy......
Nothing like soft copy oooh
And you need to take with you, a printout of your biometrics appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Is the name correctly written on the biometrics invitation letter? That is the document they will use to capture your record.
I can help you on it.
Like for mine, I had to use another of my email to rebook for my passport submission when I initially put my other name as my Last name.
Or another thing you can do, reschedule another one with the same email, put your write name and then go back to cancelling the other but putting in the appointment number on the cancel appointment option on the vfs site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
excel1960:
Please can someone explain to me about this Medical Upfront, I don't understand.
My dashboard is saying that I don't need a medical examination but they will inform me if it changes.
I'm confused.
Are you going as a student or ppr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
Thanks jakeroberto, I tried to help my friend to rectify this but cancel appointment or reschedule appointment on VFS website is not going or working,

His own is biometrics appointment not passport submission, if it is passport submission that one is simple he can easily book with another email.

What do you think he can do now?

I even tried to used another email but showing the IRCC biometrics code is already booked for appointment!!!!

jakeroberto:

I can help you on it.
Like for mine, I had to use another of my email to rebook for my passport submission when I initially put my other name as my Last name.
Or another thing you can do, reschedule another one with the same email, put your write name and then go back to cancelling the other but putting in the appointment number on the cancel appointment option on the vfs site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rapujoshua: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please I want to apply for my study visa again after first refusal. Do I need to state it in my new application, that I had a refusal before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:
Thanks jakeroberto, I tried to help my friend to rectify this but cancel appointment or reschedule appointment on VFS website is not going or working,

His own is biometrics appointment not passport submission, if it is passport submission that one is simple he can easily book with another email.

What do you think he can do now?

I even tried to used another email but showing the IRCC biometrics code is already booked for appointment!!!!

To reschedule and appointment is very tricky but simple.
Just reshuffle the last four digits of your biometric Reference Number, then submit it back. You'll get appointment immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
Rapujoshua:
Please I want to apply for my study visa again after first refusal. Do I need to state it in my new application, that I had a refusal before

Yes of course.
You must be truthful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lily89: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
Anyone going to Fleming in Peterborough for January 2024 and will like to connect? Please send me a message. Any what's app group created for Fleming student? Please add me to the group. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
jakeroberto:

Hardcopy......
Thanks so much

I also want to ask how much is visa fees if u are going with a dependent(husband)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wsx2:
How are you guys doing, it’s part 23 already. I haven’t been here since April , fast forward I am keeping my hope alive here in canada after a year plus. This was my last conversation here when buchito1 shared his own experience in April part 22, it’s been very hard for me here but by God grace, I am surviving. I will not discourage anyone. I want people to come and experience things here themselves.

buchito1:
Hey guys! Been soo long here! I really cannot remember how long it has being.

Today 2nd April 2033 makes it exactly 1 year of me been in Canada. And all I can say is that it's only been God, support and encouragement from my family back home and the family I already created here in Canada. How I have been surviving? I don't know! It's only God!

Cause without him, I wouldn't be writing this epistle right here.

The struggle has been hard, crazy, intense, lots to learn, combining working and going to school (even the jobs ain't easy to come by). God has been faithful to me, brought good people around me (Nigerians) because really, good people are hard to find here. Over here, nobody has time for you, nobody really cares about you. Everybody's trying to survive, everyone's almost lost in the struggle. That friend wey you think say na your bestie, ask am for $50 and watch as e go tell you him life history come run leave you in seconds.

Guys don't believe anyone who tells you Canada is all bed of roses! It is a fat lie!!! Canada is not for the faint hearted!!! Nothing is easy to get here, you must work like a donkey and follow due process to get anything you want.

When I was in Nigeria, I have never worked like the way I do here! Even the school wey them dey tell us that year say e easy pass primary school, I can categorically tell you that our education at home is decades away from what they're doing here. The education system here can make you mad! Most especially if you don't make enquiries and also ask questions (follow who know road) you'd be lost! I almost lost it in my first semester, till I began to ask questions.

For the work aspect, guys, don't mind those nonsense people keep saying, say "work full Canada", Zero your mind you might not do anything here for months. Even if you see something doing, you'd do everything you've never done in your life. There's no Job I've not done in this country, I think the only Job I haven't done is to wash dead body, which I'll never do. ☠️

Be prepared to be humbled. Jobs you feel you could never ever do in Nigeria, be prepared to do them here, unless you came into the country with a sh*t pile of cash, but if you're like us, wey tell IRCC say we get 100K USD for the account 😂 then you have to be prepared to do all sort of things just to survive.

I know lots of people who haven't done anything in more than 5 months here. Living with their Naira's from Nigeria. Like I said, don't be deceived by what you see on the Internet on how excess jobs in Canada. The good jobs here, nobody's ready to leave it, especially those Indians (I call them Fulani Herdsmen) those Herdsmen are everywhere like flies! Every nook and cranny, them dey, and trust me, na them dey get update pass, but never trust them, they'll boot you off when they have the chance!

For the weather aspect, I live in British Columbia. It's fair to say it's the warmest province in the whole of Canada. But when I mean warm don't think Nigerian warm or South African warm. Warm in the sense that were currently on 3°C and during extreme weather conditions it could get to like - 14°C. Don't forget freezing point for your freezer na 0°C grin so literally, we live inside freezer.
I stayed in Toronto for about 4 months and the weather is way more extreme than British Columbia. Good thing is for those coming in this April, the weather has gotten better, but is still gonna be so cold for newcomers. So please come prepared with good winter dresses.

Another thing is this, guys don't do the mistake of coming to Canada without any $$$, abeg come with something to support yourself for sometime, e dey very important. You don't wanna come here and start begging, you need funds to survive as a first timer. It's extremely important.

Mehn, it's being a journey for me here, trust me, so many ups and downs, if I tell people, them go tell me say better days dey come... Like this, I still dey find that better days oh! 😭 But God dey..

Thanks to SEUN for this platform! Without Nairaland, my journey to Canada wouldn't be possible. I also thank all the good people who assisted me during my process e no easy! Lianna, lekiboeboe, I can't remember the rest... Y'all are the real OGs!
By the grace of God, it'll rain PPR for everybody here! This thread 22 is gonna be your thread of testimonies! If you believe say a big AMEN!!!
Those refused, please don't give up! You know what you want, restrategise and hit them again! Trust me, you're gonna get it right this TIME! Na who give up fu*k up! I'm rooting for you! kiss

If you're coming to UCW or Vancouver and need information on anything kindly reach out to me, I'd do my best in explaining everything and anything to you.

Thanks for reading my long story guys. Have a lovely night rest ❤️

My brother the truth hurts and you just nailed it. I was expressing the same thing in the express entry thread and someone who I am sure has never travelled kept saying Bla bla bla
That I am trying to discourage people from coming .

I am in Toronto eglinton area and With what I have seen here in canada I am disappointed. This is not what I expect. There are centennial college students who has been here for 5 months looking for just common menial jobs and they can’t find any. Anyone that have high hope coming here will regret it. It will take several years to get things together in canada.

Thanks for the valuable information you just drop. God bless you grin.
Please can you please share more light on the route to PR for migrant on study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Insightful thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
Thanks, we cancelled the previous application and reschedule another one

ikgodisgood82:

Just reshuffle the last four digits of your biometric Reference Number, then submit it back. You'll get appointment immediately

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Good.
It's still the same thing with the reshuffling of Reference Number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Hope you got a good date, though?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lavaqueen(f): 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
pretty1986:
good morning,pls which University in Canada can you recommend to someone to do Masters degree in Nursing,A school with low tuition fee.pls reply.

Check university of Saskatchewan and Memorial university of Newfoundland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lavaqueen(f): 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bamz555:
Hello good day everyone. Pls who has info about Holland college admissions, its chances and tuition deposit?

Tuition deposit is 1000CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wsx2: 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
ikgodisgood82:

Thanks for the valuable information you just drop. God bless you grin.
Please can you please share more light on the route to PR for migrant on study permit.

Well, there are limited pathways and nothing is promised , for those who are interested here is a video released this week by the immigration minister . Students are only aware that there are limited pathways when they entered canada. This has called for concerns especially by the indian population here asking the minister questions since they stopped their CEC canadian experience class draw which was what students hugely depended on to transit to PR. The minister promised to announce fresh pathways for those who are already in. Some in Atlantic provinces get PNP but that is also getting tighter now and requirement is getting tougher. This is because as of 2023 over 1.8million temporary residents entered canada within 2 years.

I have uploaded the video here , You can watch his speech below .like and subscribe.

All the best to everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcEUBvsUVc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Francesr: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=Augrere2022 post=126678799]

Oga it has worked before,
You should know it’s been advised here times without number on the negative effect on using SOA from MFB.
Just before something worked in the past doesn’t mean it’s still working.

I believe someone here can attest to it, where he submitted MFB SoA and he was told to provide Commerce Bank statement.

The best thing is to transfer the funds to a commercial bank and explain it in your SOP.
While the statement from the Microfinance Account should be added to Client information Section as a means to prove Salary payment.
Then the statement of Account from the commercial bank should be added to Proof of Fund’s section .
The source of funds should be explained under SOP as coming from his salary account with The MFB.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
jakeroberto:

Hardcopy......

You mean bank statements must be hardcopy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wsx2:

Well, there are limited pathways and nothing is promised , for those who are interested here is a video released this week by the immigration minister . Students are only aware that there are limited pathways when they entered canada. This has called for concerns especially by the indian population here asking the minister questions since they stopped their CEC canadian experience class draw which was what students hugely depended on to transit to PR. The minister promised to announce fresh pathways for those who are already in. Some in Atlantic provinces get PNP but that is also getting tighter now and requirement is getting tougher. This is because as of 2023 over 1.8million temporary residents entered canada within 2 years.

I have uploaded the video here , You can watch his speech below .like and subscribe.

All the best to everyone

Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Focusmind: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wsx2:

All the best to everyone

The situation is becoming dire. Almost 830k international students will be out of status if urgent pathway is not created. Indian students have been protesting about their current situation, where most of them have ran out of status. My relative that got to Canada since July hasn't seen any job yet. Course work and assignments, coupled with Canadian lifestyle is taking a toll on her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
I am talking about post submission
Whenishehelping:
Someone said 4month prior application submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
My friend able to booked 9 of Nov 2023

jakeroberto:

Hope you got a good date, though?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by excel1960(f): 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
Study permit.
jakeroberto:

Are you going as a student or ppr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Good evening chief. How true is this because I am scheduled for biometrics on 9th of November and it's too far. I asked my agent to reschedule but his saying I should just go with that date and my school is demanding for my visa on or before 4th of December.
What should I do in this case ?

ikgodisgood82:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
Daveconsult007:

You mean bank statements must be hardcopy?
Biometrics instructions letter
International passport
Biometrics Appointment letter
Photocopy of Data page of International passport.
These are the only things needed for your Biometrics....plus come with you Biro(pen) to fill some documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
excel1960:
Study permit.
You would do Medicals.....whether Upfront( before you are sent a mail to do it by IRCC) or Medicals after you are been asked do a test.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: anonymousV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.