Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (420333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (472) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Scottotas1: 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
donstyle:
So sorry about this. It would be better to wait for the GCMS note before you re-apply, GCMS note normally take about 1 month.

What date did you submit you application and when did you do your Biometrics?

submitted on 11of October, biometric letter on the 12 of October did biometric on the 19 of October.2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Elmemeoflagos(m): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hello everyone,
Anyone going to Seneca college, I have a friend . She is currently looking for an accommodation. Please lemme know for any leads.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
bullstriker:
What is your brother’s occupation? How long has he been working with the company? What is his biweekly or monthly wage? His status in the UK? How much was in your brother’s account? Is his status expiring before your program's end date? Answers to some of these questions can allay the concern of the officer. So, consider discussing his profile in your next application if he has substantial funds and you intend to use him as your sponsor.
Most officers usually do not accept a promise to pay for the subsequent year without having the cost of education for one and a reliable means of paying for the subsequent year. Furthermore, it will be challenging to convince the officer if your brother’s account history is consistently low.
gift of deed and co-sponsor means u are incapable to finance your education and transport yourself to/FRO without being gifting and co-sponsor by your sponsors should incase they are incapable to finance your education in the aforementioned destination
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Scottotas1:
submitted on 11of October, biometric letter on the 12 of October did biometric on the 19 of October.2023
wow, took less than 3 wiks to adjudicate on ur file. be brave to try with a strong reflection on your application. gudluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damyzel: 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
yes, i have bsc and it's 2.1. Your advice, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
feelingmyswag:

wow, took less than 3 wiks to adjudicate on ur file. be brave to try with a strong reflection on your application. gudluck

Are you expecting a decision?
If yes,
When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Favourafrica: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hello guys please I need advice.

I’m traveling to Vancouver and most flights has 2 stops to Vancouver so I’m thinking of using Toronto or Montreal (which is preferable) and what airline and how can I book my flight ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2023
I believe it's best to wait for the GCMS note since he has sufficient funds, and I assume you submitted proof of relationship..
Scottotas1:
my brother has been working with his company for up to 3years and his weekly salary is not stable sometime £786, while sometime £850 weekly one of his statement of account his closing balance is about £6,800, while the other was £8,980. Every document of him was provided including pictures of both of us in the UK, when I visit him, he pay the deposit of $7,900. So family I need you input on this how will I handle this when reaplying, should I surce for study grant from my place of work? I have be with the company for up to 10years will it work? Though I will wait for my gcm first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 12:16am On Nov 05, 2023
Is this comment meant for another post?
feelingmyswag:

gift of deed and co-sponsor means u are incapable to finance your education and transport yourself to/FRO without being gifting and co-sponsor by your sponsors should incase they are incapable to finance your education in the aforementioned destination
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damyzel: 12:41am On Nov 05, 2023
Dear Family,

please has anyone obtained a letter from their university attesting to that fact that a prerequisite was taken in their undergraduate?
kindly help on what this letter looks like.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oyetpel(m): 12:53am On Nov 05, 2023
Windblown2much:
that's where I was admitted but I don't know much about the school cause an agent applied for me.

I feel it's a good school sha.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oyetpel(m): 12:53am On Nov 05, 2023
bullstriker:
You can use them for study permits, but they do not offer PGWP-eligible programs.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 4:10am On Nov 05, 2023
Hey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Favourafrica: 5:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Good morning everyone

Please I need an urgent response
Will I need a transit visa if my second stop is in canada?
I’m going to Vancouver and my first stop is Frankfurt (Germany) to Montreal (canada) and to Vancouver (destination).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2023
Good morning house.
I want to apply for Master's in Electrical Engineering with interest in Renewable Energy Systems.
Please I need recommendation with affordable schools and average initial deposit fees.
I graduated with 2.1 and with IELTS result of 6.5.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AlexanderBusayo: 9:42am On Nov 05, 2023
Good morning every one, and happy Sunday.

Is possible to track or submit webforms for gcms note request?

It's been over way over 1 month that I requested for the note yet no response. Time is running out and I need to submit my second application soon. Please what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tegnaworld23: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2023
My brother French is widely spoken truly in Quebec, but trust me 90 percent of people in quebec speaks fluent English I was in montreal 2 months ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tegnaworld23: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2023
Please try and do enough research before you involve yourself or money. Firstly, Canada is funking full for now, shortage of job and things are damp expensive. I have been in Toronto for 4 months now still trying to get a job, though I lack skills trade, so I'm still trying to figure out something to learn here, but he simple truth is JOB is hard to find these days because we have alot of immigrant coming in everyday. Secondly, all these study route I will advise, only those who really really wants to go to school should invest their money on it, if your target is just to come to canada and stay back, I wi advise u do visiting jejely so u won't waste alot of money and u will do your asylum gently getting here. Thay is the simple truth, sorry for my bad English ooo but I dey sure say u go understand am sha as long as you be Nigerian. Ire o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tegnaworld23: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2023
You are both making sense, but sincerely this Canada is not how people used to think it is anymore. Alot of immigrant now which makes it hard to get a minor job. But the truth is, it's better we tell those coming the reality, to get a job here now ma war, so if you can face the struggle pls try n hold funds when coming and still have access to funds in. NIGERIA. I have been in GTA for 4 months on a student visa still never get a job. I have spent upto 3kcad and I don't even pay rent where I'm living. Thinktwicethinkcanada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tegnaworld23: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
Oga I fit tell u 1 or 2 things wey una fit do. This canada visa no hard as people dey see am, I'm not an agent and I won't ask anyone 1 kobo. But for now canada is a bit of struggle because to get a job these days no easy I have been here for 4 months on student visa and never get a job and I have my hommie boy we got here together who is doing 2 jobs now. The truth is, if you be Street I mean one that can endure and have cash to survive for some times till u get a job, yes u can come to canada but if not, I go advise u stay back home. I never see work and I don spend cash over 3k self. Whatever u wanna know about d student processing routes ask me. I don't know about getting an admission ooo, but when u get ur LOA I can advise u on documentation n SOP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mosunmolade: 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2023
Tegnaworld23:
Please try and do enough research before you involve yourself or money. Firstly, Canada is funking full for now, shortage of job and things are damp expensive. I have been in Toronto for 4 months now still trying to get a job, though I lack skills trade, so I'm still trying to figure out something to learn here, but he simple truth is JOB is hard to find these days because we have alot of immigrant coming in everyday. Secondly, all these study route I will advise, only those who really really wants to go to school should invest their money on it, if your target is just to come to canada and stay back, I wi advise u do visiting jejely so u won't waste alot of money and u will do your asylum gently getting here. Thay is the simple truth, sorry for my bad English ooo but I dey sure say u go understand am sha as long as you be Nigerian. Ire o

Thank you for the update.
Does this applies to all provinces in Canada or just Toronto (I'm aware that houses are expensive in Toronto)
Please, I want to ask...are those online sites that post vacancies are not real?
It's really confusing, by checking indeed and LinkedIn there's are new posting almost every hour or so. Are the not real or they request for experience even when they boldly put it there that no experience needed.
Seriously, I'm not understanding

Which skills would you advice one to learn. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tegnaworld23: 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
Trust me 95 percent of jobs posted on Indeed are 💯 legit. I never tried LinkedIn I don't know nothing about it, but I want to believe they are re too. I sleep n wake up on Indeed everyday lol. Here is the prob, most canadian organisation requires canadian experience, that does not means if you have no canadian experience u won't get a job o, but having the experience makes it easier. The major problem is just that, immigrant are too much here especially Indians. I can't really say if this shortage of job applies to other places though. One thing I know is that, there's HOPE if one can try hard to endure and come in with enough cash. I have spent 3kcad in 3 months now and I no dey work or pay rent I live with my brothers. Here is not easy but hope dey only for he strong. But I'm sure if you have a skill job it will be more easier. Thanks and enjoy de rest of ur day.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ifeeluxe: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2023
Ifeeluxe:
Good day everyone
Please who knows if University of Regina does 100% refund of tuition fee
Anyone please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oluayebenz: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
Tegnaworld23:
Oga I fit tell u 1 or 2 things wey una fit do. This canada visa no hard as people dey see am, I'm not an agent and I won't ask anyone 1 kobo. But for now canada is a bit of struggle because to get a job these days no easy I have been here for 4 months on student visa and never get a job and I have my hommie boy we got here together who is doing 2 jobs now. The truth is, if you be Street I mean one that can endure and have cash to survive for some times till u get a job, yes u can come to canada but if not, I go advise u stay back home. I never see work and I don spend cash over 3k self. Whatever u wanna know about d student processing routes ask me. I don't know about getting an admission ooo, but when u get ur LOA I can advise u on documentation n SOP.

But there is survival/menial job everywhere in Ontario.
Warehouse, bakery etc thou it's tough no doubt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ammy5565(f): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2023
JMG12:
That is not relevant; schools have two means of reference; later, you will follow up on them to ensure they respond on time, as some might forget or ignore
1. On the portal, you can be asked to upload the reference letter you obtained from your references. or
2. You fill in the details of your references, and the school will send an email to the references you provide for them to respond.

Exactly my thoughts. So why ask him to cancel the entire application only because his actual lecturers are no longer in the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kellyaa: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2023
Favourafrica:
Hello guys please I need advice.

I’m traveling to Vancouver and most flights has 2 stops to Vancouver so I’m thinking of using Toronto or Montreal (which is preferable) and what airline and how can I book my flight ?

Co- asking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by niyola007(f): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2023
[color=#000099][/color][Pls, I will like you to put me through on necessary documents needed for student visa application.thanks.
quote author=Tegnaworld23 post=126802736]Oga I fit tell u 1 or 2 things wey una fit do. This canada visa no hard as people dey see am, I'm not an agent and I won't ask anyone 1 kobo. But for now canada is a bit of struggle because to get a job these days no easy I have been here for 4 months on student visa and never get a job and I have my hommie boy we got here together who is doing 2 jobs now. The truth is, if you be Street I mean one that can endure and have cash to survive for some times till u get a job, yes u can come to canada but if not, I go advise u stay back home. I never see work and I don spend cash over 3k self. Whatever u wanna know about d student processing routes ask me. I don't know about getting an admission ooo, but when u get ur LOA I can advise u on documentation n SOP. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hotplate: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2023
For someone intending to come to Canada through a study route please what skill would you advise he get now in Nigeria that would enhance his job search or preferably be handy when he comes?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
Mosunmolade:

Thank you for the update.
Does this applies to all provinces in Canada or just Toronto (I'm aware that houses are expensive in Toronto)
Please, I want to ask...are those online sites that post vacancies are not real?
It's really confusing, by checking indeed and LinkedIn there's are new posting almost every hour or so. Are the not real or they request for experience even when they boldly put it there that no experience needed.
Seriously, I'm not understanding

Which skills would you advice one to learn. Thanks
Don't put all your hopes on Indeed looking for job it is a waste of Time,if you see job posting better apply directly to company..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pretty1986: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
niyola007:
[color=#000099][/color][Pls, I will like you to put me through on necessary documents needed for student visa application.thanks.
quote author=Tegnaworld23 post=126802736]Oga I fit tell u 1 or 2 things wey una fit do. This canada visa no hard as people dey see am, I'm not an agent and I won't ask anyone 1 kobo. But for now canada is a bit of struggle because to get a job these days no easy I have been here for 4 months on student visa and never get a job and I have my hommie boy we got here together who is doing 2 jobs now. The truth is, if you be Street I mean one that can endure and have cash to survive for some times till u get a job, yes u can come to canada but if not, I go advise u stay back home. I never see work and I don spend cash over 3k self. Whatever u wanna know about d student processing routes ask me. I don't know about getting an admission ooo, but when u get ur LOA I can advise u on documentation n SOP.
Good evening sir,pls can you advise someone to relocate to Australia instead of Canada?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pretty1986: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2023
Tegnaworld23:
Trust me 95 percent of jobs posted on Indeed are 💯 legit. I never tried LinkedIn I don't know nothing about it, but I want to believe they are re too. I sleep n wake up on Indeed everyday lol. Here is the prob, most canadian organisation requires canadian experience, that does not means if you have no canadian experience u won't get a job o, but having the experience makes it easier. The major problem is just that, immigrant are too much here especially Indians. I can't really say if this shortage of job applies to other places though. One thing I know is that, there's HOPE if one can try hard to endure and come in with enough cash. I have spent 3kcad in 3 months now and I no dey work or pay rent I live with my brothers. Here is not easy but hope dey only for he strong. But I'm sure if you have a skill job it will be more easier. Thanks and enjoy de rest of ur day.
Good evening sir,pls do you have any idea about Australia?.Can you advise someone to move to Australia instead of Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ObiomaTailor: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2023
Hey NLs,

I need help please
I'm married, my wife works in a bank.
She has an HND degree (polytechnic) from banking and finance.

Lately we have been thinking of relocation to Canada (perhaps through school route)

Our budget is around 7-9 million

Please, we need help with schools that the tuition fees is very affordable.

In that she would be the first to go since I'm raising most of the money (because my own job pays a lot higher) and when all the fees is settled, I hope to join her

Please I need help with school recommendation (based on her course of study and the program we need to apply for)

I honestly do not mind the program cuz the sole aim is to Japa

A course program that's in a good place where we can see a job in a good period of time and start from where we are to where we would need to be via working hard

Please help.
I'm open to questions

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (472) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: BloodyMitch(f), freshStarz, Marcgrace, Benlaw19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.