Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (419318 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (471) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by midupe(f): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
Pls can you send me the link as well…Thank you
Emryyy:

Oh Great, I just sent you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MRtristan: 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
joey222:
I'm Joy. female,currently in Nigeria travelling to Canada on student visa ending of this month. please I'm looking for a person who can accommodate me for max 4 weeks. I only need a place to lay my head at night, the rest of the day I'm out. so I won't be a burden, as I have lived abroad before and I know how it is for newcomers and winter season too.
with the current exchange rate, I know I need help.
PS: I'll bring whatever the person willing to help me needs from Nigeria even if nah 2 luggage of food

Try and mention the city, incase anyone is willing to help you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2023
MRtristan
:

Lol nah, he’s among the reasons why I’m leaving.
Remember me in thy diaspora someday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
MRtristan:

To the best of my knowledge, I won’t advice you to go for an IT course except if you’ve worked in the IT field after graduation, personally, what I would do is apply for a bio chem related course, then when i get to Canada, i can change to an IT course.

Secondly, post secondary courses are a no for me, even the VO would have a hard time understanding why you are going for it. Apply for the post graduate certificate or diploma, its really not that difficult to get.

Okay. Thank you. Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Unkissme: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2023
Abeg ooh guys!! Anybody going to Windsor in January. Please chat me up let's link up ooh abeg. University of Windsor students. Please send me a D.M🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by olabanji88(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2023
Baphil:
Application submitted on 26th October 2023.
Upfront medical passed on the 1st of November 2023
PPR on the 29th of November 2023
I applied while in Canada but routed it as one applying from Nigeria sunce I was in Canada as a visitor.

God showed me mercy in every step - getting a school, being interviewed and being accepted for Masters in Counseling and then my visa without paying school fees.

Documents submitted
1. My 3 international passports with all visas and stamps starting with the newest one.
2. Letter of Acceptance with receipt of $500 Acceptance fee.
3. Official letter from my school for my work co-op explanation.
4. My National Identity (old and new)
5. My US non immigrant visa page
6. Proof of funds with an estimate of $60, 000CAD. Money was in Naira, USD and CAD.
7. Additional documents including:
a. My statement of purpose stating why I am going to study Counseling as a lawyer. My SOP was 10 pages because I had a lot of explaining to do. The US had denied me 4 times even after I had started online -(US study visa F1 even though I have their visit visit - B1/B2). My last denial was in Canada.
b. Letter of Introduction from an NGO where I volunteer as an uncertified counselor
c. Letter of Introduction from my Law Firm.
d. Letter of confirmation of employment from my Law Firm.
e. My Law Firm's CAC documents
f. My CV
g. My school application essays
h. My LOA from my US school
i. My scholarship letter from my US school.
j. My transcript from my US school.
k. My SEVIS form from my US school
l. My upfront medical report
m. My Law school transcript
n. My university transcript
o. My Law School grade and call to bar certificates
p. My University certificate
q. My CAC accreditation card
r. My marriage certificate
s. Newspaper publication of change of name
t. Some religious certificates from University, Youth service (NCCF).
u. NYSC certificate
v. Birth, WAEC, Secondary Scool Testimonial, First School Leaving certificates
x. NYSC legal aid council and peer education course on AIDS/HIV training certificates
y. Law school sports week certificate
z. My expired (lol) Duolingo English Test result

Other documents:
- My Covid-19 certificate and the e-copy
- A certificate from participatory course I attended in the UK
- My international driver's permit. My national driver's license was not out when I submitted.
- My Power of Attorney and survey plan in respect of my land.
- My Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Card
- A certificate from a program I participated in in the US.
- My LAWMA utility bill receipt
- My Local Government Identification certificate
-My Law School letter of commendation for participating in practice week
- 9 family pictures

In all I had a 95-paged additional documents as client information (optional documents)

I used the new portal which I also used for my visit visa in December last year.

I noticed that the duration of both visit and study visas was just the same - one month, 3 days. I am wondering if it is the same officer that evaluated both.

I was so afraid when my study visa passed 2 weeks but just kept praying and trusting God. I sent a webform to Canada and 3 emails to Nairobi in November. Tracking it did not really give so much details until PPR came on the 29th of November 2023.

May the Lord answer all awaiting their approvals - AMEN!!!

why was your pof that much and how many months was the money sitting in your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Temi475: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2023
Hello, please what can a single person use as home time apart from his or her job, I also don’t have any property yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eriokanmi: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2023
Ddgirl05:
Please who is travelling to Calgary, most of the airlines I'm seeing are transiting through the US, so that means US visa is needed, yh?
Incl Egypt Air?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
Please has anyone here submitted their passport in person to vfs Abuja office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joey222: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2023
it's Toronto Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Did you get it back yet?
ozone0801:
Good morning
Please, how does passport submission and pick up in person works. I plan on going to vfs office in lagos this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ozone0801(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
askarachi:
Did you get it back yet?

I got it in 5days.
I submitted at vfs lekki, then paid for courier to deliver it. They brought it to me after 5days.
You can also pay for VIP submission, if your scheduled date for submission is still far away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MRtristan: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2023
Necksonnel:

Okay. Thank you. Really appreciate

And one more thing please take your time and plan well, especially when it comes to the timeframe of applying for visa and when you are to submit your visa approval to your school so as not to lose your seat for your course.

I see lots of people applying for their student visa as late as October and November while their study starts by January. Its just too risky just incase of late visa approval after school’s deadline or visa denial which would lead to reapplying.

In my case, I used the whole of July to research about applying and gathering documents, applied to a college in early August and ensured there was a minimum 7 months gap from date of application to my course start date, got admission late August, paid fees early September, applied for visa late September and got PPR early November. In other words, I got my ppr 6 months to my course start date.

So my advice to future applicants is to plan well…

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gboyecares: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good day to you all.

I have been a silent reader of this thread for quite a while and I must commend the efforts of the gurus on this thread.

I am a married man with three children who wanted to relocate to Canada via the study route but in actual fact, wasn't keen on going to school again, only that it's the best option for getting PR. Recently, a friend of mine based in Canada who understand my condition told me that it's possible for my son (15 years old and in SS3 currently), to obtain study visa for undergraduate degree after the completion of his Secondary School and that myself, my wife and the other children can go with him since he is still a minor and must be accompanied by the parent.

I have checked the Canadian Immigration website and it states that parent can accompany a minor on study visa. However, the website did not say whether it's one of the parent or both and if the other siblings can also accompany him. Please, I want someone to help me confirm if it's true that the remaining family members can accompany a minor on a study visa.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eriokanmi: 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
joey222:
I'm Joy. female,currently in Nigeria travelling to Toronto Ontario Canada on student visa ending of this month. please I'm looking for a person who can accommodate me for max 4 weeks. I only need a place to lay my head at night, the rest of the day I'm out. so I won't be a burden, as I have lived abroad before and I know how it is for newcomers and winter season too.
with the current exchange rate, I know I need help.
PS: I'll bring whatever the person willing to help me needs from Nigeria even if nah 2 luggage of food
grin. Let me speak my cousin first. He's married with kids and they own a house, been there since 2009. He's an immigration officer. Be ready to answer a lot of questions though. If you're not going to stay beyond 4 weeks, fine. Which school are you going? Are you an undergraduate or a post graduate student? Where would you be going in the day time? Likely questions he may ask.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2023
It was that much because I had paid fees through flywire to the US school. I added the flywire receipts to my POF and explained I had not used it since I was on scholarship.

I used 6 months cut off for my Nigerian accounts.
My Canadian account was 5 months .

You can account with less money too but adequate for at least one year. The large amount can also be a problem if it was accumulated in lump sums near the time of submission.

olabanji88:
why was your pof that much and how many months was the money sitting in your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2023
Hi, sorry that nobody is answering you. I understand how frustrating it could be but it may be because the people who read your enquiry do not have a definite answer for you.
I really thought and heard the Nigerian govt stopped payment of school fees through Form A. I am not sure it is still ongoing. I may need to ask people to be sure.

I will let you know okay.

Take care.

Immacbaby:

Hi Nairaland, does it mean I'm the only one they are asking to bring the TCC? Does it mean there are no students here that submitted a TCC for their form A?
Why are my not getting a response? I know how many people that have mailed me from this platform since I came to Canada a year ago that I directed willingly. This is trying to teach me that people here are for their own personal reasons! I'm asking because I'm not in Nigeria Currently if not I would gone out to find a solution. This is teaching me a lesson in a hard way!
It is well!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joey222: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Thank you for responding!! post graduate student. it won't exceed 4 weeks or even less than that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joey222: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
Thank you for responding!! post graduate student. it won't exceed 4 weeks or even less than that
Eriokanmi:
grin. Let me speak my cousin first. He's married with kids and they own a house, been there since 2009. He's an immigration officer. Be ready to answer a lot of questions though. If you're not going to stay beyond 4 weeks, fine. Which school are you going? Are you an undergraduate or a post graduate student? Where would you be going in the day time? Likely questions he may ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by davizfx: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
Please i need someone to help clarify this. Is it safe to transfer lump sums from my other personal account to my POF account? Will it still be necessary to explain the sources of the lump sum? For instance if i sold 3 ppties each worthing 6-7m and i received the funds through my salary account then transfer it to my savings which im using for POF. Do I still need to explain the sources or attached evidence of the sales? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AtoningBlood(m): 12:17am On Dec 04, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 1:58am On Dec 04, 2023
This is the last 2 messages I received from them. Does this mean I can go pick it up in the Abuja office?

Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Abuja OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Abuja OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

Regards,

VFS Global

———————/////————

Your application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Mon Nov 27 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria

ozone0801:

I got it in 5days.
I submitted at vfs lekki, then paid for courier to deliver it. They brought it to me after 5days.
You can also pay for VIP submission, if your scheduled date for submission is still far away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 5:18am On Dec 04, 2023
GUYS, WHEN STARTING AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE FROM THE WINTER SESSION (JANUARY SESSION) HOW MANY YEARS WOULD IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IS THE NORMAL 4 YEARS OR 5 YEARS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chuksbosco(m): 6:28am On Dec 04, 2023
Hi Gurus.
I'm 2nd applicant. After the first denial, I reapplied for my study permit on the 31st of October and I did my biometric and upfront medical in the first application which was acknowledged on my online portal. But my worry now is that since I applied nothing has changed. Even biometrics and medical are showing in the process instead of being completed and updated.
Please can I write to the embassy in regards to this and if yes, how can I go about it?
Please help me gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chuksbosco(m): 6:48am On Dec 04, 2023
Hi guru!

Please write to MP in regards to the delayed application. Can you assist me with the link or email to Mp.
Thanks

Mhenmen:
Congratulations. Kindly reply your mail.

quote author=bettyomo post=126098506]It finally ended in praise.

When I decided to try Canada, I never thought study route was for me due to age. Until one day on this forum I read a post of a 50 year old who was granted study permit. My course is Global Business Management different from my undergraduate degree (Law).

First study permit application:
After I submitted my application, i realised that it would not fly due to one lump sum payment of 14M credited to my account 5 days before i printed out my statement. The account had low opening balance. Even though I pinned it in my SOP as payment for sale of land with sale agreement, I was not convinced due to GCMS notes I read later on this forum where VO made comments on lump sum desposits as reason for refusal. I saw that some persons were able to convince VO but I know say my case be one kind. So I jeje withdrew the application to avoid stories that touch. I first withdrew my admission for September 2023 intake as my school does not defer and due to time needed to work on my account, I applied and was admitted to same school for Spring 2024 intake.

First application Timeline
Submission: 21st April, 2023
Withdrawal request: 30th April, 2023
Request approved: 3rd June, 2023
(I applied for GCMS notes via ATIP on 10th June and received it on 7th July. In the note there was a comment that Certicate of Incorporation included but no particulars of Director or Proprietor. So in my second application, I included that)

I left the 14M in my account as opening balance and worked on the account for 4 months. I tried as much as possible to avoid lump sum deposits and withdrawals. The introduction of I & E window showed me shege.

Second application
Submission: 14th August, 2023
Upfront Medical : 16th August, 2023
Biometrics: 17th August, 2023 ( updated 18th August, 2023) as completed)
Applied for CBSA notes: 30th August, 2023 (to know the status of medical)
Upfront Medical passed: 11th September, 2023
On 19th September, 2023: Sent several webforms and emails to Nairobi and London. Only London responded that it's office is not processing my application. I got just the generic response from Nairobi

I read here too that enquiries by MP triggers IRCC to process delayed application so on Saturday, 23rd September, 2023, i sent mails to 4 MP's. I got response on monday. 2 responded that they can only attend to people within their riding and one sent a mail that IRCC was contacted on my behalf that my application was under review and within processing time. I come say make I rest until after the 7th week I refire again.

Surprisingly on 27th September, 2023 that same week eligibility review started and that same day I received a mail to forward identification for cbsa note. I forwarded immediately.
Passport request: 29th September, 2023
Bvl: 29th September, 2023

CBSA note not yet received.

Documents submitted.
My Firstbank MBS 4 months
FCMB MBS joint account
Zenith domicilary account MBS for my Common Law Partner ( He is part of my hometie)
Professional certificates and certificate of service.
School documents. ( I did not include transript)
Recommendation letter and paid study leave approval from employer. My office too wrote that management position is waiting for me.
3 months Payslip
Recommendation letter from a company I consult with stating they have ready job for me when I graduate as a Business Development Manager.
My Common law partner's passport bio page with dubai stamp to show our Vacation in Dubai
Pictures with my partner
Family pictures with my parents and siblings
My parents international passport.
Court order appointing me as guardian for one of my nephew
Retainership contract with a company to show source of funds.
Landed documents for both of us and one joint landed document
Tenancy Agreement with receipt of payment of rent in both names
Driver license showing joint address.
Lease Agreement and receipt for rental of my landed Property.
SOP
Certificate of Incorporation for my Common Law Partner
Certificate of Incorporation for a Foundation I am a Trustee.
Screen munch of my school's tuition estimator cos the LOA was not specific on the amount for one year tuition. I imputed the units required for graduation to show tuition fee for 2 years course.
Affidavit to abide by conditions of study permit.
Affidavit of financial support and letter of financial support.
Birth Certificate

Application for admission and study permit done by me with so much help and resources from this platform. Although it was an herculean task but I give God all the glory.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 9:34am On Dec 04, 2023
Good morning house

Please kindly help clarify the following;

1. Please whenever a gift deed of say N1 - 3million is received, is it required to request and include the donor's account statement and also explain the source of his funds.

2. I see a lot of application where people submit up 98 documents, please how does the VO distinguish between the documents, is it that i will have to label each documents before submitting them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ozone0801(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2023
askarachi:
This is the last 2 messages I received from them. Does this mean I can go pick it up in the Abuja office?

Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Abuja OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Abuja OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

Regards,

VFS Global

———————/////————

Your application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Mon Nov 27 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria

Mail them or got to vfs office. I believe it's ready

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2023
For a gift deed of cash, it's generally true that you may not attach the donor's account statement or disclose the source of income. However, proving the relationship between the donor and the receiver is often a crucial aspect of the documentation. This helps establish the legitimacy of the gift and ensures transparency in the transaction.
These documents could include:
1. Gift Deed
2. Affidavit of Relationship
3. Photographs with the donor
4. Any Other Supporting Documents
Euroadams:
Good morning house

Please kindly help clarify the following;

1. Please whenever a gift deed of say N1 - 3million is received, is it required to request and include the donor's account statement and also explain the source of his funds.

2. I see a lot of application where people submit up 98 documents, please how does the VO distinguish between the documents, is it that i will have to label each documents before submitting them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2023
JMG12:
For a gift deed of cash, it's generally true that you may not attach the donor's account statement or disclose the source of income. However, proving the relationship between the donor and the receiver is often a crucial aspect of the documentation. This helps establish the legitimacy of the gift and ensures transparency in the transaction.
These documents could include:
1. Gift Deed
2. Affidavit of Relationship
3. Photographs with the donor
4. Any Other Supporting Documents

Noted with thanks

Please I'm awaiting more feedback and I hope to get clarification on the second one too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Slady: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Good day everyone

Please I got admission to niagara college and i would like to know if i can pay in bits till I finish paying my first semester fees

The offer for the first semester ends February 01 2024.the sum to be paid is $10,324.95.Is there a way i can pay in bits. I do not have the full money yet.

Also is thereby group that one can join for more information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Collins399: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2023
Please gurus I want to ask if we can launch a visa reapplication process while my appeal process is still pending?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by StanOyiga72: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Hello guys, please Is there anyone headed to Manitoba? Please connect me to a WhatsApp of telegram group that can provide information. Thanks so much guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (471) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Flosssie(f), Tcrown2020(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.