Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (434290 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by etiosa97(m): 10:06pm On May 11
Purpleivy:

Ontario
join our WhatsApp group with other ontario applicants 07054502900
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by etiosa97(m): 10:06pm On May 11
Hey guys. I don't know how long this post might stay before taking down but we have a WhatsApp group with few members now for a while where we share update and experience from School application to the study permit process and we help one another with any info about the study permit process they don't understand. We also trying to connect with other ontario aspirant from here so we could link up some day and collaborate with housing and school issues when settling down. Message me on WhatsApp and you'd be added to it. You could also join if you tryna learn how to apply yourself without the help of any dubious agency.

WhatsApp: 07054502900
email: etiosaobasohan1@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mutantxcrypto: 7:51am On May 12
Hi guys.
I need help with sure company that offers student loans apart from Mpower
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 9:29am On May 12
Prodigy Finance, but they have list of schools they support like MPower.

Even me I'm looking for a company to get loan, cause my college is not among the list of the companies I've seen.

Mutantxcrypto:
Hi guys.
I need help with sure company that offers student loans apart from Mpower
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Manlikethomas: 10:33am On May 12
JMG12:
Please use a commercial bank for SOA, a traditional marriage certificate is not acceptable even by your govt. you will need news paper publication for a change of name.
hello good day, please how do I book appointment for upront medical on iom website, I tried but it's requesting for UCI number and ime number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:48pm On May 12
Manlikethomas:
hello good day, please how do I book appointment for upront medical on iom website, I tried but it's requesting for UCI number and ime number

Put 000000 in place of the requested numbers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:50pm On May 12
kachi10000:
Please what is MBS?
Also I stated in my Letter of explanation what I did with my proof of Funds upload and I made it in bold letters.

My Bank Statement, it is an arrangement where your bank send the statement directly to the embassy, while they give you a doc that contains the password and reference letter which you will attach to your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by faa277: 4:02pm On May 12
Hello guys
Please can someone add me to a telegram or WhatsApp group for UCW
For telegram @faa277
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 4:14pm On May 12
[quote author=Charlex23 post=129888469]Good evening house, please who has an idea of any university in Canada that accepts 2.0/4.0 on a Wes evaluation scale for masters degree in science related courses. Most university I’ve seen so far accept only from 3.0 and at least 2.5 in rare cases. Pls help out.

Please which university accept 3.0? Kindly share, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 4:23pm On May 12
[You mean there are schools that accept 3.0? I have 3.26 and I was told I can't get Master program with it]

check university of Manitoba there graduate programs....must school calculator ur last two year's cgp not ur total cgpa...and depend on your course....u can also mail the school or u call directly admission graduate programs...The will respond to you....and u and u can ask any questions you want to.ask[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 4:29pm On May 12
Timeofgod:
[You mean there are schools that accept 3.0? I have 3.26 and I was told I can't get Master program with it]

check university of Manitoba there graduate programs....must school calculator ur last two year's cgp not ur total cgpa...and depend on your course....u can also mail the school or u call directly admission graduate programs...The will respond to you....and u and u can ask any questions you want to.ask

I have 3.39/5

Acadia university can accept second class lower
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 8:56pm On May 12
Good evening all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by blessedbest: 9:26pm On May 12
Bobomaigida:

You are expected to show POF for your first year tuition and one year living expenses, then show sources to for the POF for the remaining period of the course.

Please @ bobomaigida can I use funds for POF,that just came into my account like three days before my application? Yes it's a 6months bank statement but the bulk of money came in like 3 days before my visa application.The reasons for the bulk sum,is thoroughly explained. Please what do you think about this? Is it possible to get ppr with this POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 9:30pm On May 12
[Thank you, I have checked my course is not there]

I have 3.39/5

Acadia university can accept second class lower [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mhideyyy: 10:25pm On May 12
Hello everyone
Please I need help and answer to a question
I’m in the process of getting my biometric for study permit done
I don’t really get the part where they said “bring all supporting documentation (originals and copies)
Am I to take along all the documents I submitted for my study permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Koolvee(f): 10:43pm On May 12
Futuristic100:
Please who also got admission to Crandall University and for September but was forced to defer to January 2025 because the school has reached its capacity for September 2024 intake.
U can chat me up 09036202031
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:47pm On May 12
blessedbest:

Please @ bobomaigida can I use funds for POF,that just came into my account like three days before my application? Yes it's a 6months bank statement but the bulk of money came in like 3 days before my visa application.The reasons for the bulk sum,is thoroughly explained. Please what do you think about this? Is it possible to get ppr with this POF?

Yes it is possible, you have to explain the source of the funds and hope the VO accepts the explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by clemosa: 12:08am On May 13
Guys please help, I am trying to fill all the necessary section for study permit, I am at the Activities section, I have dill all the thing I need to fill and when I try to save and continue, it keep telling me error. I have tried it twice now but I keep getting same thing. You know how the Activities section is time consuming
Has anyone experience this? Kindly help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 4:39am On May 13
anyone studying at Algonquin College, pls?

i am trying to get some reviews about this college, most especially at their Ottawa campus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Reasonwithme2(m): 4:47am On May 13
Please how can one pay for his Canadian tuition fees from Nigeria.

Which app offers favourable rates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:55am On May 13
Reasonwithme2:
Please how can one pay for his Canadian tuition fees from Nigeria.

Which app offers favourable rates

If you have the Naira, go and purchase USD and send it from your domiciliary account to the school directly or use any of the methods your sch has prescribed to be adopted for tuition payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 10:32am On May 13
Hi Nairaland,
Kindly advise on this issue.
As seen in the attachment, I applied for a study permit and the visa category is showing Visitor visa instead of study permit.

My spouse applied same time with me but he applied for a visitor visa, and after the biometric tur mail we got stated Visitor visa instead of study permit.

Kindly advise what I should do or if is not an issue?

Thanks all for your continuous support

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:11am On May 13
Oh okay, it is fine, you need to show proof of the trading
Purpleivy:

Hello, no what I mean is I want to include forex trading as a source of income to explain some lump sum funds in my account. That’s what I’m asking if they will accept someone claiming to have funds from forex trading. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:13am On May 13
Check your biometric letter for that information.
Manlikethomas:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Charlex23(m): 12:24pm On May 13
[quote author=Timeofgod post=129916468][/quote]
University of Regina,
Vancouver community college,
Humber college,
Kings university college
Those are the few I know of
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbkay23: 4:13pm On May 13
Eraytee:
Thank you, there is no need to liquidate the assets, our case was different because the application took so long and I feel the VO needed to confirm if the funds were readily available, the reason for the request. so if what you are showing as POF as at submission covers your living expenses and tuition, there's no need to liquidate any investment.

As for the Pof, If I’m using a sponsor bank like a company account and Available land properties documents will that be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 6:50pm On May 13
harmonyedu:
Hi Nairaland,
Kindly advise on this issue.
As seen in the attachment, I applied for a study permit and the visa category is showing Visitor visa instead of study permit.

My spouse applied same time with me but he applied for a visitor visa, and after the biometric tur mail we got stated Visitor visa instead of study permit.

Kindly advise what I should do or if is not an issue?

Thanks all for your continuous support

This must have been inputted when you were booking the appointment. There is no cause for alarm, biometrics will last for 10 years , whether it is VV or SP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 8:08pm On May 13
Good evening guys

Please what's the meaning of this program

"Pre health science pathway to advanced diploma and degrees"

Who knows?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 9:09pm On May 13
Who can open a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for Canada Student visa ?
Is it only for Student Direct Stream Program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:31pm On May 13
Marcgrace:
Who can open a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for Canada Student visa ?
Is it only for Student Direct Stream Program?

Any one can do GIC.

The funds must come from the applicant's account straight to the Canadian bank. Only CIBC is available for Nigerians for now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frank2zee: 10:11pm On May 13
Wow..people are still migrating to canada despite all these bad news about declining job market and very low job opportunities.
Am shocked!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:33pm On May 13
frank2zee:
Wow..people are still migrating to canada despite all these bad news about declining job market and very low job opportunities.
Am shocked!!!

Emigration is as old as time itself. Even in times of war people will emigrate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (479) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.