Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (411330 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by soojar(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
Popson09:

I really appreciate your response

Am I good to go with the fixed account ?

No two applications are the same. while some VO may recognize it, some VO will raise observation about it that the fund is on future basis (I have seen a couple of GCMS notes to this effect).

My Advise: If you can, liquidate the investment into your bank account and back it up with the liquidation letter from the firm. If you "cannot" then you can go ahead and submit it and back it up with God's mercy and favour. The race is not for the swift, nor the battle for the strong...

We learn every day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ruthpal: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
If I want to make a new application after a refusal, am I going to use the same GCKey account or would I open another account? Also can I show a bank statement that ends in October for POF for a visa application to be submitted in early December?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mikexceo: 12:11am On Dec 06, 2023
guys can i fly to Toronto from Nigeria with Lufthansa without transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shayhune: 5:30am On Dec 06, 2023
mikexceo:
guys can i fly to Toronto from Nigeria with Lufthansa without transit visa

Yes, as long as you don’t have any stop in the US + you have no more than one stop in Europe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Augrere2022: 6:04am On Dec 06, 2023
Good morning NL
Please someone should help me with IRCC email address urgently.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by enemerci: 6:24am On Dec 06, 2023
emmyoddy:
Well done guys for your tireless effort.

I'm a civil servant who got admission against Fall 2024 for a year program.
The Truth is that I don't want to apply for study leave because my job doesn't require going to the office much except during our work season which is like every 3 years. Meaning it's possible to stay in a year and visit office twice or thrice.
So I can run the school conveniently without any impact on my job.

Can I apply for visa without leave letter and introduction letter? Will it raise a concern for the VO?

Please guide me. Thanks

In as much as a leave letter is good and will help your application. I see no reason why you cannot get a study permit.
Just strengthen other areas of your application. Ensure you use your salary account, pay slips, ID, Employment letter, promotion letter and so on.

And with God on your side it shall be for you a testimony.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:34am On Dec 06, 2023
ruthpal:
If I want to make a new application after a refusal, am I going to use the same GCKey account or would I open another account? Also can I show a bank statement that ends in October for POF for a visa application to be submitted in early December?
Whats your timeline and documents u submitted in your previous application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kimzy4u: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2023
That of POF is different from school fees. And they are personal.

Lance008:

Sorry to ask
Are all money personal or just for POF
Because am facing same issue presently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kimzy4u: 7:01am On Dec 06, 2023
No I didn't, cos it was clearly written.

Euroadams:

Did you confirm from GCMS note that fund was actually your problem

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2023
Ainya oyinem🤗

enemerci:

In as much as a leave letter is good and will help your application. I see no reason why you cannot get a study permit.
Just strengthen other areas of your application. Ensure you use your salary account, pay slips, ID, Employment letter, promotion letter and so on.

And with God on your side it shall be for you a testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2023
I made an investment with a real estate company that will mature within days before the program commences in Canada. Can I use the investment certificate, which covers all the tuition fee balance and living expenses, from the company and includes other personal assets, gift deeds, and the available cash balance of N2.4 million as proof of financials for my visa application?

Please i need your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sam2305: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Hello All,

1)For couple that got married last week Saturday (court wedding) can they apply for Study permit and SOWP today or this week.

2)If the husband decides to apply first and gets his visa,can he apply for the wife SOWP immediately after getting his visa even when he is still in Nigeria.

Intake is may 2024
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chuksbosco(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks
I do really appreciate sir.

mikky099:
+1 (888) 242-2100

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2023
Kimzy4u:

Please I'll advise you get your GCMS note before reapplying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Favouralltheway: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2023
Euroadams:

Please can you chat me up on WhatsApp 07081126263.

Thanks

Can I contact you as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:24am On Dec 06, 2023
After a visa rejection, you may usually utilize the same GCKey account. Applying for immigration is one of the many secure government services you may access with your GCKey account. In most cases, a prior visa denial has no bearing on your ability to utilize the same GCKey account for a subsequent application.

Regarding the statement ending in October for an application in December, it's crucial to provide up-to-date and relevant financial documentation. If your financial statement ends in October, you might need to provide additional documentation or an updated statement that reflects your current financial situation closer to the time of your application in December. They often require recent and accurate financial information to assess your ability to cover expenses during your stay.
ruthpal:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2023
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
Augrere2022:
Good morning NL
Please someone should help me with IRCC email address urgently.
Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2023
It's important to be mindful of the timing of your visa application, especially considering your recent marriage. Even though your marriage is genuine, applying one week after your court wedding might unintentionally raise questions about its authenticity. To avoid any potential misinterpretation, consider giving it some time before applying or applying alone first. Once your study permit is approved, you can then proceed to apply for your spouse. While there is no guarantee that waiting will impact your study visa approval, taking this approach may help present your case in a way that avoids unnecessary scrutiny.
Sam2305:
Hello All,

1)For couple that got married last week Saturday (court wedding) can they apply for Study permit and SOWP today or this week.

2)If the husband decides to apply first and gets his visa,can he apply for the wife SOWP immediately after getting his visa even when he is still in Nigeria.

Intake is may 2024
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2023
Kimzy4u:

That’s a generic response for when they have an issue with ur POF. It doesn’t necessarily have to be because the amount isn’t enough. It could be a lump sum that they think Is for demonstrative purpose, could be u didn’t show how u got the funds. Etc a lot of reasons. Best advice Is to get ur GCMS note to know the exact reason not just adding money to ur POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2023
For every investment or amount of money you want to display for your study visa application, the visa officer wants to see that you have full access to the funds. So when presenting your financial details, it's crucial to convince the visa officer that you will have full access to the funds and that they will be available to you before the commencement of your program. This ensures that you can cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and any other associated costs.
Becoted001:
I made an investment with a real estate company that will mature within days before the program commences in Canada. Can I use the investment certificate, which covers all the tuition fee balance and living expenses, from the company and includes other personal assets, gift deeds, and the available cash balance of N2.4 million as proof of financials for my visa application?

Please i need your advice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2023
When you are currently employed and planning to pursue studies, obtaining a study leave letter from your employer is highly advisable. This letter serves as official documentation indicating that your employer is aware of and supportive of your decision to take leave to study. I strongly recommend against applying for your studies without obtaining a study leave letter from your current employer. It also demonstrates your home tie, proof that you will not abscond. There is a way to go about that if you don't want to inform your office
emmyoddy:
Well done guys for your tireless effort.

I'm a civil servant who got admission against Fall 2024 for a year program.
The Truth is that I don't want to apply for study leave because my job doesn't require going to the office much except during our work season which is like every 3 years. Meaning it's possible to stay in a year and visit office twice or thrice.
So I can run the school conveniently without any impact on my job.

Can I apply for visa without leave letter and introduction letter? Will it raise a concern for the VO?

Please guide me. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2023
JMG12:
For every investment or amount of money you want to display for your study visa application, the visa officer wants to see that you have full access to the funds. So when presenting your financial details, it's crucial to convince the visa officer that you will have full access to the funds and that they will be available to you before the commencement of your program. This ensures that you can cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and any other associated costs.

Thanks so much,

What are the documents I might need from the company, different from the investment certificate, to back up the investment?

Apart from the Nigerian bank information that will be on the investment certificate to show I will have full access to the fund when I get there and other information that should be stated,?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ggoldmine: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
Hi all.

I live in the UK and intend to sponsor my sister's study at Canada. I'm not familiar with the Canada visa process, so I was wondering if I'm eligible to be her sponsor. How do we go about providing the Proof of means of financial support? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
Emphasizing the date you will get access to the funds in your Statement of Purpose (SOP) or letter of explanation is a crucial aspect of your study visa application. This helps provide clarity to the visa officer regarding the timeline for accessing the funds and supports the credibility of your financial plan.

Some documents
1. Investment certificate: The below might be covered in the investment certificate.
2. Liquid Assets: Emphasize that the funds are liquid and readily available.
3. Timing of Investments: Provide evidence that demonstrates the timing of the investment and how it aligns with the start of your program.
Becoted001:

Thanks so much,

What are the documents I might need from the company, different from the investment certificate, to back up the investment?

Apart from the Nigerian bank information that will be on the investment certificate to show I will have full access to the fund when I get there and other information that should be stated,?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dollext: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
Dear all, please am having issues uploading form imm5257b Application for Temporary visa made outside Canada. After downloading and filling the form. It s not uploading on the IRRC Portal. keep bringing back error message. Pls wht can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
What error message?
dollext:
Dear all, please am having issues uploading form imm5257b Application for Temporary visa made outside Canada. After downloading and filling the form. It s not uploading on the IRRC Portal. keep bringing back error message. Pls wht can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dollext: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
JMG12:
What error message?
[b]Error: We couldn't upload your file.
[i]Error Description:
You have submitted an invalid form. Please complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
JMG12:
When you are currently employed and planning to pursue studies, obtaining a study leave letter from your employer is highly advisable. This letter serves as official documentation indicating that your employer is aware of and supportive of your decision to take leave to study. I strongly recommend against applying for your studies without obtaining a study leave letter from your current employer. It also demonstrates your home tie, proof that you will not abscond. There is a way to go about that if you don't want to inform your office

Please dm me the way🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
dollext:

[b]Error: We couldn't upload your file.
[i]Error Description:
You have submitted an invalid form. Please complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.

Do exactly this

complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dollext: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2023
Euroadams:

Do exactly this

complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.

Thanks, Done that several times.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
Please how do I get the form A form to make the gic payment. I'm at the bank now and fcmb is frustrating me.
How do i apply for Form A please help a brother it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2023
dollext:

Thanks, Done that several times.
Did you validate before saving to your PC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: chrisRio(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.