Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (406684 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2023
Popson09:

Good day guys
I’m about to reapply for my visa application. My tuition fees for the two years program is 25600 Canadian dollars. I have 10M in my personal account and I have 23M in my fixed account(it will be liquidated before my resumption date).
1. Is the amount enough for the POF.
2. hope there won’t be any issue concerning the fixed account
@Frankrobbn1

It's great that you're preparing to reapply for your visa application. Let's address your questions:

1. Based on the information you provided, it seems like you have a substantial amount of funds in your personal and fixed accounts. As an expert in the Canadian immigration industry, I can provide an official assessment based on my experience that the amount you have shown should be sufficient for the proof of funds (POF) requirement.

2. Regarding your fixed account, it's possible that Canadian immigration authorities may have some questions or concerns about the liquidation of those funds. It's important to be transparent and provide a clear explanation in your application, including the timeline for liquidating the funds and how they will be used for your tuition fees.

It's always better to be well-prepared and seek professional advice to ensure a smooth application process. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck with your visa application! πŸ€βœ¨.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2023
Lance008:
I have issue
Most ur POF be ur personal money
Can't it be transfer and send back just for statement purpose

It's common for proof of funds (POF) to come from personal accounts. However, it's important to note that immigration authorities typically prefer to see that the funds have been in your account for a certain period of time to ensure stability and authenticity.

While it's possible to transfer funds temporarily for statement purposes, it's crucial to be transparent and provide a clear explanation in your application about the purpose of the transfer. It's also imperative to show that the funds are genuinely available to cover your tuition fees and other expenses.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck with your application! πŸ€βœ¨

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by technix: 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2023
Yes

Kathy4jesus:
Thanks so much, do they accept 2.2 i.e Second class lower from Nigeria applicant?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by technix: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2023
Most schools in Ontario require payment of tuition for a full semester before arrival.

Kathy4jesus:
Pls do they allow remaining tuition payment after arrival?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2023
Kimzy4u:
Good evening everyone,
I reapplied for my student visa.
The first refuser was low proof of funds which was 15m. And my school fees was 23,500 Cad, I paid 18,000 Cad.
But now I was able to make my POF 18.5m and pay extra 2,000Cad for my school fees making it 20,000 Cad. What is your take on this.
@Frankrobbn

It is an awesome news that you reapplied for your student visa. It sounds like you made some great progress with your proof of funds (POF) and school fees.

Based on the information you shared, it seems like you've increased your POF to 18.5 million and paid an additional 2,000 CAD towards your school fees, bringing it to a total of 20,000 CAD. That's fantastic!

As an expert in this field, my official assessment baed on your case shows like you've addressed the previous concern of low proof of funds. You've proven to have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses during your studies. Let's hope for a positive decision this time.

Wishing you the best of luck with your student visa application! πŸ€βœ¨

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2023
idirect:
Even though we have ordered for the note, can anyone please explain the reason for the refusal here mean please? It’s a study permit

I understand that you're seeking an explanation for the reason your study permit application was refused. The refusal letter stated that "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay based on the details you provided in your application".

To address this concern in your reapplication, it's important to clearly demonstrate that your intention is to study in Canada temporarily and that you have a solid plan for your studies. You can do this by providing additional supporting documents such as an acceptance letter from the educational institution, a detailed study plan, and any relevant information about your future career goals.

It's also crucial to ensure that all the information you provide in your application is accurate, consistent, and aligns with the purpose of a temporary stay. If there were any discrepancies or missing information in your previous application, make sure to address those in your new application and provide a clear explanation in your Letter of Explanation (LOE).

More importantly, showcasing your previous education or current work experience in your application is crucial to solidify your purpose of visit, especially when applying for a study permit. By demonstrating how your course of study aligns with your educational background or professional experience, you can provide a strong rationale for your temporary stay in Canada.

When preparing your application, make sure to highlight the relevance of your previous education or work experience to the program you wish to pursue in Canada. Show how your past academic or professional achievements have equipped you with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in your chosen field of study.

Attaching supporting documents such as academic transcripts, diplomas, or employment certificates can further enhance your application. These documents serve as tangible evidence of your qualifications and demonstrate your commitment to furthering your education in Canada.

I hope this helps, Best of luck with your study permit reapplication! πŸ€βœ¨.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

You can initiate a forieng bond transfer using flywire. They act as Intermediary if you make deposit to your dom account. All you need to do is register with them and navigate your dashboard. You can check the features first and confirm from there helpdesk on how to run a foriegn bond transfer, transfer-wise too can be used. Just find a way and leave those forsaken bank system in nigeria.
Thank you. I'm opening an access bank account tomorrow I was there today and I was told i don't need any form a to make a foreigners transfer. So I will open the account tomorrow and get my funds moved from fcmb to access bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

You've to buy dollar directly from Aboki and fund your domiciliary account. From your dorm account you can move/transfer money directly to the GIC account. The process typically takes about 2-3 working days for it to reflect in your GIC account.

It will end in praise
Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

You've to buy dollar directly from Aboki and fund your domiciliary account. From your dorm account you can move/transfer money directly to the GIC account. The process typically takes about 2-3 working days for it to reflect in your GIC account.

It will end in praise
Fcmb is requesting for a form A that's the problem.
I intend opening an access bank account tomorrow and move all my funds from fcmb to access and get that done. I was told at access bank i don't need the form A to carry out the transaction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Onlinebiz247: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2023
I need affordable DLI school that offer Post graduate certificate in science courses for fall 2024 in Atlantic provinces.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2023
Badadvisor:

Fcmb is requesting for a form A that's the problem.
I intend opening an access bank account tomorrow and move all my funds from fcmb to access and get that done. I was told at access bank i don't need the form A to carry out the transaction

So be proactive with your plans of moving to another bank since FCMB is not giving you the services you need.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2023
Onlinebiz247:
I need affordable DLI school that offer Post graduate certificate in science courses for fall 2024 in Atlantic provinces.

New Brunswick Community College, you can check if they are open. Also check Cape Breton University.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zino89: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

For family of four, you should have a minimum of 40M in your bank account to cover for yourself and accompanying family members.

It will end in praise
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Sam2305: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sam2305:

Oh thanks alot.

So let's say Visa is approved February,can I apply for her by March....and

1)what documents will she be needing for her own application.

2)What amount should she show in bank statement as POF...Is it also 10,000cad

@frankbonn and all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Henny52: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
Congratulations @Ashirew.
Please when did you receive admission? My sister applied as well for Fall 2024 and still yet to receive admission.

Thank you for the response

Ashirew:
Please, house I have been given admission into NBCC Fall 2024 for a year program and the tuition fee is 10750 Canadian dollar. I want to apply for student visa. These are my questions:
1. How much in Nigerian Naira do I need if I want to Sponsor myself?
2. when is the best time to apply for the Visa.
3. I can raise 8million naira myself but i want to get 10million naira in my providus account @2.5% .
4. I have landed properties sold by local Govt. 5Plots
5. Can i use 2 account to apply for the visa.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
Badadvisor:

Thank you. I'm opening an access bank account tomorrow I was there today and I was told i don't need any form a to make a foreigners transfer. So I will open the account tomorrow and get my funds moved from fcmb to access bank
Great option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by amreal7: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
What's the way to go about it?

JMG12:
When you are currently employed and planning to pursue studies, obtaining a study leave letter from your employer is highly advisable. This letter serves as official documentation indicating that your employer is aware of and supportive of your decision to take leave to study. I strongly recommend against applying for your studies without obtaining a study leave letter from your current employer. It also demonstrates your home tie, proof that you will not abscond. There is a way to go about that if you don't want to inform your office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Great option
Can i travel from fcmb dollar account to accesbank dollar account in the bank instead of withdrawing the money in fcmb?
You know most banks always claim not to have dollars to give out and would want to pay you in naira which will sure shorten my money in fcmb to a great percentage, so I'm trying to know if i can just transfer from my fcmb dollar account to the access dollar account?
Sorry for the many questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by excel1960(f): 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks alot.
I deferred the admission to March 2024.
I'm waiting for GCMS note,so I will know how to go about my next application.

Frankrobbn1:

I'm sorry to hear about the refusal of your study visa application. It can be disheartening, but don't worry, there's still a way forward.

To address the reasons for refusal, you'll need to provide stronger evidence of your ties to your home country. This can include documents such as property ownership, employment contracts, or proof of family relationships. The goal is to demonstrate that you have strong reasons to return to Nigeria after your studies.

Regarding the insufficient funds, you'll need to show that you have enough financial resources to cover your tuition fees and living expenses. Make sure to provide clear and detailed documentation of your financial situation, including bank statements, sponsorship letters, or any other sources of funding.

When writing your Letter of Explanation (LOE) for your reapplication, be honest and transparent about any fund transfer that occured in your account. Explain the reasons behind it and provide any supporting documentation that can help clarify the situation. It's important to show that the bulk fund transfer was legitimate and not intended to deceive the visa officers.

Stay positive and keep working towards your goals.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by excel1960(f): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2023
Please how do I go about it if I don't want to inform my employer?
JMG12:
When you are currently employed and planning to pursue studies, obtaining a study leave letter from your employer is highly advisable. This letter serves as official documentation indicating that your employer is aware of and supportive of your decision to take leave to study. I strongly recommend against applying for your studies without obtaining a study leave letter from your current employer. It also demonstrates your home tie, proof that you will not abscond. There is a way to go about that if you don't want to inform your office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2023
Badadvisor:

Hello bro greetings you have been of great help to me on this thread. I need to ask you a question, I was at the bank to make my gic deposit from my dollar Nigerian account to cibc but I was told that can't be done except i go through the form A process and with what i read online the form A can take a week or more before i receive it.
And i was told i can't withdraw dollar and make a direct payment into the cibc account for my gic deposit that i need to make the payment from my dollar account with my name and other informations.
Is there any other way i can go about the gic deposit faster? Fcmb is frustrating me that i can't make a direct deposit to cibc even if i buy dollar because if my visa is denied payment will only be refunded to the account the money was sent from.
What can i do please and it seems like i can't make payment with a dollar debit card.
Please help a brother I have less than a week deadline to make the payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kimzy4u: 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks πŸ™ for your response. @Frankrobbn1

Frankrobbn1:

It is an awesome news that you reapplied for your student visa. It sounds like you made some great progress with your proof of funds (POF) and school fees.

Based on the information you shared, it seems like you've increased your POF to 18.5 million and paid an additional 2,000 CAD towards your school fees, bringing it to a total of 20,000 CAD. That's fantastic!

As an expert in this field, my official assessment baed on your case shows like you've addressed the previous concern of low proof of funds. You've proven to have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses during your studies. Let's hope for a positive decision this time.

Wishing you the best of luck with your student visa application! πŸ€βœ¨

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
Hi all, I submitted my application mid October and my studies will resume 1st week of January 2024.

When I track my application on the new portal, I see it hasn't changed a thing since I submitted despite having done upfront medicals and biometrics. This is my second application.

I want to raise webform tomorrow. Is this a good move?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dehiero: 1:28am On Dec 07, 2023
Johnbosco1:
Hi all, I submitted my application mid October and my studies will resume 1st week of January 2024.

When I track my application on the new portal, I see it hasn't changed a thing since I submitted despite having done upfront medicals and biometrics. This is my second application.

Checking from your gckey account has your eligibility started?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ide2012: 2:40am On Dec 07, 2023
Hello- How do I go about doing my upfront medicals..which state and how and when (before or after submitting) do I iniciate the procress ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by unkuwonu(m): 2:40am On Dec 07, 2023
Mr Frank I want to ask the best way to go about getting POF
Can I get it from my bank app and straight to email or am I to apply for printed copies and scan it?
I was told the POF must be stamped physically.

Also, how strongly will you advise ( recommend) someone to use a personal POF different from the sponsor's own?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iceboyblog: 3:33am On Dec 07, 2023
Bro we are in the same boat I applied since October for January session but no decision the only thing is medical passed which I sent through webform before it was updated and have been sending several webform only automatic response can you can chat me on Whatsapp 08142818816 so we think what we can do

Johnbosco1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 4:52am On Dec 07, 2023
I thought I am the only one in this. I also applied 3rd week in October. Till now nothing has reflected. I had to send an email to my school to defer my admission to May because they requested for my LOI or Visa Stamp on or before 4th of December which I couldn't provide.
Just getting worried at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 5:42am On Dec 07, 2023
Badadvisor:

Can i travel from fcmb dollar account to accesbank dollar account in the bank instead of withdrawing the money in fcmb?
You know most banks always claim not to have dollars to give out and would want to pay you in naira which will sure shorten my money in fcmb to a great percentage, so I'm trying to know if i can just transfer from my fcmb dollar account to the access dollar account?
Sorry for the many questions

Yes pls. And there is no COT charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:20am On Dec 07, 2023
excel1960:
Thanks alot.
I deferred the admission to March 2024.
I'm waiting for GCMS note,so I will know how to go about my next application.

March is too close to rebuild your application. Why not Spring or Fall. Winter is just around the corner btw Jan/March, u wouldn't want freeze
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kellyaa: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2023
Please which airline goes to Canada that I can pay in Naira?

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Victoryokondu and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.