Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407692 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
Shukusheka:
Please guys, I need your clarification.

My wife study permit & student visa expires June next year. The plan is to extend her study permit an additional year to 2025. Can I apply for Spousal Open work permit from Nigeria next year August using her study permit alone after her visa expires? Does she need to apply for student visa extension before I can apply for SOWP?

Your urgent response will be appreciated.
You asked a question and Answered it inbtw..
* If her study permit is open until June 2024, it means you can apply for SOWP. and she need to show evidence of available finance to support you whilst she studies.
* Depending on her course length year, if it's above 1 year then she ought to have more than a year study permit stamp. Whichever is the case scenario her study permit is her legal temporary stay in Canada and if expires and her study is finished, she will not be able to extend her visa and you won't be eligible to apply for SOWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samade7: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello house, pls i need accomodation at oshawa ( Trent campus @ durham), Jan 2024. Incase you have shared room / Non shared. Pls reach out to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ultimateagent: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Good day house.....Pls during Canada student application....when will u know if your Proof of Funds has been approved.....is it before biometrics or after biometrics....Pls i need clarification on dis . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by opebajo11: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Glock22:

You'd have to carry your cross as we mostly promote DIY here.

Should you choose to apply again, make sure the information such as job, salary, activities, age, marital status etc. on the first application align with the new application else you would be joking with misrepresentation and a possible ban.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been so down since since I noticed the game the agent has Ben playing, just like my face was covered. I decided to verify the acceptance letter that he sent me and I was shocked, the response I got from school which I have attached below.

The issue now is that I don’t even have an idea the information he used for visa application, that is if he even applied, but I went for biometrics.

I do not know what to do if to go ahead and start all over again. Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thunday1005:
Good evening, please what is the best narration to use for a POF for Canada student visa. The POF is for an existing account not to a new account, but the monthly salary of the person is around 2m.
Want to use self sponsor.

What is the best narration to use.

I suggested landed property but what if they ask for receipt or some documents related to the landed property.

*How do you earn 2m every month and you don't a good narration on the funds turnover?
* If you don't have a CAC, No pay-slip, No Business Receipt, how do you earn such amount
* Whether you are a Bitcoin ripper or Dealer, you ought to have a registered company
*Be open for information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shukusheka(m): 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
feelingmyswag:

You asked a question and Answered it inbtw..
* If her study permit is open until June 2024, it means you can apply for SOWP. and she need to show evidence of available finance to support you whilst she studies.
* Depending on her course length year, if it's above 1 year then she ought to have more than a year study permit stamp. Whichever is the case scenario her study permit is her legal temporary stay in Canada and if expires and her study is finished, she will not be able to extend her visa and you won't be eligible to apply for SOWP.
Her current course of study is just one year, although she intends to apply for another one year next year.
The problem is I'm not prepared to leave for Canada until August next year which unfortunately her current visa would have expired.

So how do I apply for SOWP then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feelingmyswag: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
opebajo11:

Thanks for the feedback. I have been so down since since I noticed the game the agent has Ben playing, just like my face was covered. I decided to verify the acceptance letter that he sent me and I was shocked, the response I got from school which I have attached below.

The issue now is that I don’t even have an idea the information he used for visa application, that is if he even applied, but I went for biometrics.

I do not know what to do if to go ahead and start all over again. Please help

I'm sorry for your predicament. Everyone must face a hassle to scale through in life. All hopes are not dashed and believe me it is the time of the season for you to put your trust in Jesus. He is the reason for this season.

I will help you from scratch and you will attain that height, all i need is to get your quote here and i will respond as best as i can to support you from Admission to submission of your documents. everything happens here and you will be thrilled how you made it. Big up homeboy..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Thunday1005(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
feelingmyswag:

*How do you earn 2m every month and you don't a good narration on the funds turnover?
* If you don't have a CAC, No pay-slip, No Business Receipt, how do you earn such amount
* Whether you are a Bitcoin ripper or Dealer, you ought to have a registered company
*Be open for information
Narration for the POF of where the lump sum is coming from, using am agent for the POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bliss5606: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
raddyworld:
Or it is true that college of North Atlantic curriculum does not give room for international students to work while studying?

Kindly assist with your experience

Please who has gotten admission with college of North Atlantic
I have questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by opebajo11: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
feelingmyswag:

I'm sorry for your predicament. Everyone must face a hassle to scale through in life. All hopes are not dashed and believe me it is the time of the season for you to put your trust in Jesus. He is the reason for this season.

I will help you from scratch and you will attain that height, all i need is to get your quote here and i will respond as best as i can to support you from Admission to submission of your documents. everything happens here and you will be thrilled how you made it. Big up homeboy..

Bursted into tears with rush of emotions reading your response. We still have good people on this planet. Thanks for the feedback.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by opebajo11: 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Abidecdrock:
Since you have your uci, register on the application status tracker
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thanks for the feedback

I tried to register with the UCI number, Application number, given name and dob on the Application status tracker page and attached is the response I received.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
Becoted001:
As I am trying to gather my visa application documents,I have to use an investment certificate from Real Estate in Lagos.

The company that I invested with is the company with which I am working, and they have issued me a certificate of investment that will cover both the tuition fee balance, living expenses, and other expenses.

The investment will mature before the program commences for the fall semester of 2024, and I also have 2.4 million in my cash balance. I am gathering other documents from the company, such as
My employment letter
Pay slip
Confirmation letter
Work ID card
Study Leave Letter
Investment Certificate
Investment contract between me and the company.
A Letter of Good Conduct from the CEO

I would like to know if the investment certificate coming from the same company I work with won't affect the visa application.

And more importantly, what other documents can I get from the company to include in the application to be backed by it?

Thanks

Pls i need explanation on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by realpearl(f): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
feelingmyswag:

It's a hard task for a sibling to sponsor another, what is your sibling responsibility on her side. Its better to have the funds transferred to your account and write a letter of explanation the purpose of the funding. If it's lending, or gift. If lending how do you wish to pay back in that case you have to present your pay-slip and salary account for citing. on the other hand if its gift, you need to get affidavit of gift deed, affidavit of sponsorship from your sibling and also your sibling place of work, account and introduction letter from sibling company.

Thank you for your response. But is it possible or will it lead me to automatic refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
realpearl:

Thank you for your response. But is it possible or will it lead me to automatic refusal?
It all depends on how you respond to those cited information I dropped previously. You need to show financial proof to support yourself or any accompanied family member.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thunday1005:

Narration for the POF of where the lump sum is coming from, using am agent for the POF
Since you are using an agent, it will be hard to convince VO how a lump sum occurred in your account within a little phase of month. If you must use an agent your statement must have run concurrently in same amount over the past 6 months. Also your History must come with your current work and business or job that made you have such amount within your disposal. It should not be for demonstration purpose only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Becoted001:

Pls i need explanation on it
In as much as its good to use investment certificate, I will obliged you to wait for the investment to mature and liquidated to your account, that way you can use the certificate as evidence you had a fixed fund in your assest which got liquidated and its readily available for your use to support your education. While 2m is not enough for 1 year living expenses, I guess you have way to make your finance buoyant to take you for whatever duration your study length is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

In as much as its good to use investment certificate, I will obliged you to wait for the investment to mature and liquidated to your account, that way you can use the certificate as evidence you had a fixed fund in your assest which got liquidated and its readily available for your use to support your education. While 2m is not enough for 1 year living expenses, I guess you have way to make your finance buoyant to take you for whatever duration your study length is.

Ok, thanks bro, but maturity is close to when the school program begins. Can I use it even before maturity for the visa application and increase the cash balance to cover living expenses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello gurus,

Please I need some information.

With the newly updated living expenses to 20k,

For someone going for two years program, does he/she need to show entire 2years living expenses amount which is 41k?

Lastly, Applicant is showing his Financials and a that of Co-sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
Becoted001:

Ok, thanks bro, but maturity is close to when the school program begins. Can I use it even before maturity for the visa application and increase the cash balance to cover living expenses?

You can only use investment certificate to supplicate your SOA. Your living expense, travel itinerary, and tution fees must be met, investment certificate most tyms are not put into consideration. It's like a home ties. Not financial dependence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Daveconsult007:
Hello gurus,

Please I need some information.

With the newly updated living expenses to 20k,

For someone going for two years program, does he/she need to show entire 2years living expenses amount which is 41k?

Lastly, Applicant is showing his Financials and a that of Co-sponsor
If you apply before Jan 1 2024, Say Dec 08 2023, your first and second living expense will be calculated on 10grand per year. Plus your tution fees and miscellaneous
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Wsx2:
Guys, this is an advice for those still considering coming to canada to study and have plans to stay in Canada after studying. Please consider your plans before making the move because it doesn’t worth it anymore.

If your plans is to come and study and go back home then no worries. Over 32,000 PGWP are expiring in March 2024. Canada government has told them to go back home . No more extension. Some of them are in the express pool with scores ranging from 460 to 490. The Canadian government has purposely increased the score so that most of them wont be able to get the ITA.

It is clear now that the government only want to make money off the students and send them back home. Also the country is very tough now and difficult to survive, cheap labour everywhere and the cost of living is way too high compared to other countries. Most Indians are now going to the US for their studies. Statistics shows that Indians which are the major students coming to canada , their applications to canada has dropped by over 50% percent in the past few months because the government has made it difficult for people to get PR after studies.

If you have the money and ready to invest in just education then you can come. If your plan is to stay back, it is better to consider other countries that can give documentation easier without having to waste huge resources.
I don’t think the bolded is true..

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/12/breaking-canada-holds-first-express-entry-draw-since-october-2023-1240768.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20231208#gs.1c5mxw

While the immigration level plan has increased for 2024 and 2026 by the government
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2024-2026.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

You can only use investment certificate to supplicate your SOA. Your living expense, travel itinerary, and tution fees must be met, investment certificate most tyms are not put into consideration. It's like a home ties. Not financial dependence

Thanks bro, What is the SOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eriokanmi: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
joey222:
hello
Hola! Apologies for the delayed response. He already had 2 Nigerian students squatting with him. Accommodation in Canada generally is now an issue to ponder upon. Nationals of other countries too had moved there lately, especially Indians, Pakistanis and Jamaicans. Pls keep trying. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
Becoted001:

Thanks bro, What is the SOA?
statement of account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eriokanmi: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
opebajo11:
Hi guys,

I feel so helpless right now. I applied for Study Visa using an agent. I did my biometrics March 17, 2023 and till this very moment I do not know the status of my application. Agent said application is under processing, meanwhile I requested for IRCC login credentials which he refused to give me, so I gave him instructions to login and send me the screenshot of the dashboard and he said there was an upgrade on the portal that he could not login, immediately I called 2 of of my friends to login into their portal to verify his statement. They both provided me with the screenshots of their dashboard. Now agent is saying that he’s going to provide screenshots in 4 days time. Something did not add up and leaves me wondering the type of application he did maybe he applied via mail, obviously not online application.

I have the UCI number, I don’t know if it is possible for me to check the status of my application using the UCI number and if it is possible for me to create a different portal and start afresh?
Ha! Another victim of unscrupulous agents shocked

Despite several warnings against the use of agents? Those who would not listen, would still not listen. All you need to do DIY is an android phone with data. You don't even need a printer to scan your supporting documents. There are scanner apps which are available, free of charge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eriokanmi: 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Euroadams:

Does IRCC calculate POF using black market rate?
Official rates only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thanks for your goodness bro.
Please can you help me review my SOP?

If yes, can I have your email.
I lost access to the one I'm using on nairaland.
Thanks 🙏🏾

feelingmyswag:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abidecdrock(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Getting that means you have no pending application
Just start all over
opebajo11:

Thanks for the feedback

I tried to register with the UCI number, Application number, given name and dob on the Application status tracker page and attached is the response I received.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Stell12: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Good evening.

I got Admission which was to begin January but deferred to September next year. I have paid full fees for Conestoga College, and it’s a one year course -Career Development Professional. I Want to begin Visa application soon after reasonable documents have been gathered. Please I have the following questions;

-Do I apply for visa alone first or with my son and husband at once? (Though My husband is my sponsor and has no plans leaving his job ).
- if I’m to go with Son, how much is reasonable POF ?
- Do I still need to input my personal bank statement (I have about $12k on my own and like #3m) even though my husband is my sponsor?

Please help cos I’m gingered to apply on my own without agent.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kinkylaura: 1:36am On Dec 09, 2023
Pls if u are asked to submit a Grade 12 certificate/transcript what do u submit? Waec results or secondary school transcript?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glock22: 1:38am On Dec 09, 2023
feelingmyswag:

It's a hard task for a sibling to sponsor another, what is your sibling responsibility on her side. Its better to have the funds transferred to your account and write a letter of explanation the purpose of the funding. If it's lending, or gift. If lending how do you wish to pay back in that case you have to present your pay-slip and salary account for citing. on the other hand if its gift, you need to get affidavit of gift deed, affidavit of sponsorship from your sibling and also your sibling place of work, account and introduction letter from sibling company.

Best to not make sporadic transfers. I’ve sponsored 4 siblings already without issues.

There’s nothing wrong with a sibling sponsor if you can prove source of funds and relationship.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glock22: 1:39am On Dec 09, 2023
Kinkylaura:
Pls if u are asked to submit a Grade 12 certificate/transcript what do u submit? Waec results or secondary school transcript?

Thanks

Waec/neco certificate, with transcript and result checking card.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.