Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (406536 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (465) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Frankrobbn1: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
shinaxurdick:

Thanks for your response I really appreciate,
My second question is also on POF.. please my program is 2 years, do i need to show POF of the 2 years tuition fee plus 2 years living expenses OR i can show my first year tuition plus 1 years living expenses, pls which one is required to grant visa.. my school is in Ontario.

In general being self sponsored, it's a good idea to show POF for the entire duration of your program, which includes tuition fees and living expenses. This demonstrates that you have the financial means to support yourself throughout your studies without working to pay for your fees in Canada. Good luck with your visa application! 🍀💼

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Prosperkossy: 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
Unkissme:
Any one going to Windsor Ontario this January? Let's link up Please
I’m in windsor already tho
Just message me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Prosperkossy: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
Please guys how were you guys able to transfer money to gic account. I transferred the money(10,200cad) from my Canadian bank to my brother’s gic account but got rejected by the bank. See attached

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bibih: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
hi guys. please i'm new on this platform. i got admitted into conestoga college for a pgd program in fall 2024. i need more info about housing, visa application and the school. can i be added to the school group on whatsapp or telegram? or someone who already studies there can contact me plsssssssssssssssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
Prosperkossy:
Please guys how were you guys able to transfer money to gic account. I transferred the money(10,200cad) from my Canadian bank to my brother’s gic account but got rejected by the bank. See attached
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

In general being self sponsored, it's a good idea to show POF for the entire duration of your program, which includes tuition fees and living expenses. This demonstrates that you have the financial means to support yourself throughout your studies without working to pay for your fees in Canada. Good luck with your visa application! 🍀💼

Thank you.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
Prosperkossy:

The name on the GIC must be thesame as name initiating the transfer. So you might have to send the money to ur brother to do the transaction himself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

JMG12:

Good day all Gurus in the house.

I have the proof of funds to cover my self and 5 other family members for two years.

However,except for my eldest daughter, all my family are in the US. And I was recently denied a U.S. visa because of this.
My dilemma is if I should apply for a study permit for my eldest daughter simultaneously as I am applying for my own or I should wait till mine is approved and then apply for her. I do not want to leave her behind.
If I am to apply alone and fill that I am not going with her (home ties), when can I apply for her?
My resumption is Sept 2024 and I plan to apply in March.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
Good afternoon gurus !

Pls i an urgent question.. some huge money came into my sponsor account this week and we already have plan to explain it in letter of explanation. Although is an account with regular inflow and outflow..Our plan is to print the statement of account by 28th of this month so that we can start application before jan 2024.

Pls are we good to go ?
Is 3 weeks enough before we print the statement?
I need urgent response pls 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
shinaxurdick:
Good afternoon gurus !

Pls i an urgent question.. some huge money came into my sponsor account this week and we already have plan to explain it in letter of explanation. Although is an account with regular inflow and outflow..Our plan is to print the statement of account by 28th of this month so that we can start application before jan 2024.

Pls are we good to go ?

So long as the explanation for the lump sum is made and you can confirm the funds will be available for your use; I see nothing wrong in printing it now sef but if you can wait longer, it would have been prudent Nevertheless, let the gurus step in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
danowena:

So long as the explanation for the lump sum is made and you can confirm the funds will be available for your use; I see nothing wrong in printing it now sef but if you can wait longer, it would have been prudent Nevertheless, let the gurus step in.

Thanks for this.
Gurus i also need your contribution on this before i move on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
yankison:
House is this true?

I was added to a travel agent group , yesterday he posted that Canada now requires student to pay first year tuition before arriving in Canada Mandatorily ..& also 20k$ living expenses ..that I know off but the first year tuition Mandatory payment I don't ..please is this true

Read for yourself an excerpt from IRCC webpage

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise
Hello, where one of applicant business documents is not ready.. Is it recommendable to submit application.. Then later attach and send the document via webform? Or to wait for such vital document before submitting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
Yes, waiting 2 to 3 weeks before applying can help mitigate concerns about the deposit being perceived as for demonstration purposes.
shinaxurdick:
Good afternoon gurus !

Pls are we good to go ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Josephhh: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Thank you so much.

Frankrobbn1:

When it comes to proving your Proof of Funds (POF), in addition to your statement of account and your uncle's statement of account, you may want to include a letter of support from your uncle. This letter can explain the nature of the transfer from his company's account and how he has been supporting you financially over the years. It's also a good idea to include any relevant documentation, such as bank statements or transaction records, to show the regular monthly allowance he has been sending you. These additional documents can help provide a comprehensive picture of your financial situation and strengthen your visa application. Good luck with your submission! 🤞📄

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Becoted001(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Becoted001:

I have an investment certificate from Real Estate in Lagos to use as proof of funds, and I include another fund of 5 million in my salary account.

The company that I invested with is the company with which I am working, and they have issued me a certificate of investment that will cover both the tuition fee balance, living expenses, and other expenses.
The investment will mature on August 24, 2024, before the program commences for the fall semester of 2024.
I have other documents, such as
My employment letter
Pay slip
Confirmation letter
Work ID card
Study Leave Letter (Approved)
Investment Certificate
The investment contract between me and the company stated the liquidation and availability of funds on the maturity date.
A Letter of Introduction/Good Conduct from the CEO.

I would like to know if the investment certificate coming from the same company I work with won't affect the visa application.

And more importantly, are there any other documents I need to get from the company to convince the visa officer?

Thanks

@Frankrobbn1 and others

I need explanation for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tricia14: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
Hello house, I want to do my PhD in Agronomy in Canada. Is it possible to get a fully funded PhD program? Do supervisors take students in their lab for fully funded PhD like in USA? Thanks for ur answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by misseris(f): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
Hello house, pls has anyone used Fidelity bank statement for their pof? I have been in the bank all day requesting for mbs but the staff are insisting that it's printed bank statement they do. I showed them how the mbs is but they still don't know what it is.. Can I use the printed bank statement that way for my application pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samade7: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
Pls help a bro, can i book this flight? I dont really understand all these their terms, am going to toronto, hope it doesnt required transit visa?.....i dont mind d numbers of hours for layover bn the first time am boarding international flight.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
Any October applicant without a response yet?? Pls lemme know if I'm on my own
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Pls house what do I do o.. my application is already 8 weeks still on background check only. Eligibility not started, Medicals not updated. Is this normal pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samade7: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Samade7:
Pls help a bro, can i book this flight? I dont really understand all these their terms, am going to toronto, hope it doesnt required transit visa?.....i dont mind d numbers of hours for layover bn the first time am boarding international flight.

Someone pls help me with this information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Danilvex(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
Iphee12:
Pls house what do I do o.. my application is already 8 weeks still on background check only. Eligibility not started, Medicals not updated. Is this normal pls?

I think it’s all October 18 applicants downward that hasn’t been replied !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Momoney77: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
Flakky26:
I am applying for canada study permit . i have some questions ,from the picture . where will i upload SOP, land docs, family pictures , letter from employer and other supporting docs.

And under optional documents , do i need to fill the application for a temp resident visa outside canada imm 5257 ?

Thank you

Has this been answered, cos I have a similar question.

Cc Frankrobbn1
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Iphee12(f): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
Danilvex:

Not all.. some November applicants already have responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Danilvex:

Oct 13th here. No response. Some are lucky to get response on time. Some not so much. I hear it can take up to 10/11 weeks now……still hopeful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bro you better defer. I was to resume on 8th January as well. My school even were the ones that suggested I defer if it's taking too long for IRCC to reply me.
The following week I just applied for deferment and in 3days, they granted it. So I will be resuming in April now.
It's better to be safe than sorry

Johnbosco1:
Hi Gurus in the house,

My resumption date is Jan 8, 2024, and I haven't even gotten any update from IRCC regarding my application. Heck, it still hasn't even started eligibility check despite biometrics and upfront medicals done (none of which have been updated so far). I submitted it on 18 of October and this is my 2nd application.

Gotta get you guys advice/suggestions here. I am thinking of deferring to May 2024 if I don't get any response from IRCC by the end of the week. My question is should my school provide a new admission letter with a resumption date of May 2024, can I upload it as a webform to my existing application, would it be considered by the VOs?

What would be the best course of action in my scenario? Abeg time no de again

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
Prosperkossy:

GIC can only be funded from the beneficiary of the GICS account. So, Peter Obi will transfer USD from his domiciliary account in Nigeria to a GIC account in CIBC opened in the name of Peter Obi.

Margaret Obi cannot send USD to a GIC opened in the name of Peter Obi. - This is why they are rejecting your own.

Send the USD to your brother's account and then let him send to the GIC account from his own account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chuksbosco(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
Please I would appreciate it if you could reach out to me on WhatsApp on 08160538412 or can I have your contact?

Thank you so much 🙏

Zino89:

Hi I got admission to Canadore

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 11:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
Prosperkossy:

I’m in windsor already tho
Just message me

Anyone going to Halifax Nova Scotia this January? Please let's link up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pufframmy: 8:05am On Dec 13, 2023
WHY dont you do it via your app

misseris:
Hello house, pls has anyone used Fidelity bank statement for their pof? I have been in the bank all day requesting for mbs but the staff are insisting that it's printed bank statement they do. I showed them how the mbs is but they still don't know what it is.. Can I use the printed bank statement that way for my application pls?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (465) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: mayrhe, orlahtohbadt(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.