Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (408590 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:35pm On Jan 06
You had a low opening balance compared to the closing balance and also lack of documentation to back up the lump sum, you should try to work on the documentation aspect to back up the lump sum that enter or how you came about the sudden closing balance.
isioefe:
Hi, guys, I was denied a visa on december for the following reasons by the Visa Officer with the reasons below :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 111, I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

Facts about my application
1. I submitted a POF with an opening balance with balance of about 500k and a closing balance of 9.7M
2. I used Payment slip of 500k per month salary.
3. I used a gift of deed from my pops to prove home ties and my dream to come back and become a consultant to tech companies in Nigeria.
4. Sellf sponsor

Docs Submitted
Bank statement,
Gift of the deed,
Admission letter,
police certificate,
employment letter etc.

Also, I need someone very good at writing SOP, I also have received a GCMS note.

cc Zubizareta, justwise , mfonox . Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:41pm On Jan 06
Lump sum deposits can be explained in various ways and backed up with documents, but it depends on your background whether you are a self-sponsor, a salary earner or you are doing business.
shabazz1776:
Good evening every one , I have been reading so much about a lot of peoples applications and their outcomes, I really need help regarding POF, how do I counter a lump payment deposit into my account , what is the best reason to explain this to the v.o .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dehiero: 3:51pm On Jan 06
Emmanuelvictor:
Hello house. Good day to you all.

I will like to reapply for my Study Visa this January although the funds I used for the POF the last time was moved out before a decision was made.
The 2nd reason for refusal was that my current employment situation does not show I am financially established in my home country.

I am self employed and I think my SOP wasn't well detailed to explain that. Although the business is just 6 months registered but operating since 4 years ago.

I am getting another POF from a MFB but coming into my account meaning the money will be domicile in my account as I am going to submit my bank statement.

Which narration is best to describe this lump sum ?
How did the embassy know you moved the funds from the account? Does the gcms note say that?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by eniola1010(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06
Hello bosses in the house, i have been sleeping on the thread reading all pages.
Please i need clarification from the bosses cc zubizareta justmellow frankrobbn1 bobomaigida and other bosses not mentioned

I know a lot of people will learn from the questions i ask thanks to u all as u answer

1) why do colleges only attract 5points towards pr and masters and bsc attracts 30points, i find that a bit unfair, why could college attract such low point?

2) i want my wife to school in canada but i we dont hv money for masters, also she has a mba from nigeria, is it possible to not declare she has an mba and just go for college, also, when its time to sign up for the express entry can she them declare the mba and hope it wont cause issues?

3) please i want to know if before you qualify for pnp it has to be a specific course? I know it has to be a specific province but i want to know if the course you study has much to do with pnp, also can someone who school in a college be accepted for pnp?

4) just for preparation sake, what are the jobs that are easy for student to get within 2 month of reaching canada, i hear so many rumors that it is hard for student to get jobs, i will like my wife to go into care and support and the likes, is there any certification that she can be doing now pending the time she enters canada maybe cpr certs or first aid certs, for example in uk here we call care certifications nvq and it enable u to see care and support jobs faster? Because i want her to start working asap to support herself financially.

5) one more thing about work, i notice that a lot of student on the thread go for care and support work since they are the basics and somewhat easier to be employed to, but while i was studying the skilled worker requirement - which of course is everyones goal - i noticed that its only when your job is a teer0-3 that you can qualify for pr under federal skilled worker, and support and care is a teer4-5, or am i missing something?

6) as a student who will obviously work part time, i can across this clause on the express entry, "years of skilled experience in canada, it must be a fulltime job or equal amount in parttime" i attached images within.

Are they saying working as a part time student for a full year does not qualify for saying you have 1 full year of working experience in canada? So your parttime hours combined must be about 1560 hours for you to say you have a full year work experience right?

7) if my wife is granted student permit, cus she will be going alone for now, hope it will be easy to bring her husband and kid later on? Hope canada wont close their gate cus that what affected us in uk, i was unable to bring her cus uk stopped bringing dependent few month i came in

(.8.) if you are being selected and given ita, must the job experience you have in the pool be the job you must do when you enter canada?

Thanks as you answer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ijeezlux(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06
What is the best way to search or look for accommodation in British Columbia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GODISGREAT01: 4:20pm On Jan 06
Please, which other Education financing firm gives loan to post-graduate diploma certificate student? I spoke with the representative of Proconnect, she said they only finance master's programs.

Please, which of firms give loans to students doing post-graduate diploma certificate course in management?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Uttydoma: 4:25pm On Jan 06
Hello Zubizareta.

I have a problem related to the example you mentioned in this post.

My wife's bachelor degree is animal science, but after school she learnt software development and she has been working with a Canadian firm for two years now.

I'm skeptical about applying for University in Canada because her bachelor degree isn't related to her occupation.

From your experience, what do you suggest I do and what's the best possible way for her to get to Canada with a study permit?

zubizareta:

I wonder what you want to achieve by using different monikers to quote yourself, give yourself fake likes, insult ppl with different opinions and all that. Seeing your comment refer to yourself as you being sleek, I immediately knew it was same personality. Just see screenshot. What do you intend to achieve here? Are you here to help ppl or brag about nonsense and irrelevant stuffs?

Now look at this screenshot and hide your face.

I said that was going to be my last comment but let me put this straight.
As long as visa application is concerned, Transcript isn't compulsory for obvious logical reasons.
Example the person you quoted has a first degree in a field not related to her current work of experience where she has over 12 years working experience. What in God's name will her Transcript help the VO achieve according to you. You just want to argue blindly.

Well, this comment is out there for those that want to learn. NYSC and Transcript aren't compulsory documents. You can only use your Transcript in cases where you want the VO to specifically see some courses you undertook during your first degree and how it's related to the choice of program you intend to study. That's when Transcript becomes important.

Finally, don't get it twisted. I never said educational docs aren't compulsory. I said nysc and transcripts aren't compulsory and it's a clear fact.
Many ppl here have successfully applied for visa without transcripts. Some have even used returning back to Nigeria to go for their NYSC as a home tie they intend to return to Nigeria after their studies.

Better open your mind and learn and stop this unnecessary distractions here chatting and quoting yourself to feel good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06
dehiero:

How did the embassy know you moved the funds from the account? Does the gcms note say that?

It’s not possible for the v.o to know he moved some money out of his account. The reason he got denied was lack of documents to backup his lump sum of money deposited. He also has a low opening and high closing balance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 4:37pm On Jan 06
The VO already spoke about insufficient fund even with 22 million balance.
My tuition balance and living expenses was 18million but I only made it reflect in the account for 5 weeks while decision came in 8 weeks.

dehiero:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06
Uttydoma:
Hello Zubizareta.

I have a problem related to the example you mentioned in this post.

My wife's bachelor degree is animal science, but after school she learnt software development and she has been working with a Canadian firm for two years now.

I'm skeptical about applying for University in Canada because her bachelor degree isn't related to her occupation.

From your experience, what do you suggest I do and what's the best possible way for her to get to Canada with a study permit?

What's her current job role? This isn't an issue. Ensure she seeks for admission into a program currently related to software development and what she is currently doing I believe will be related to software development. Anyone can change career path at early stage shortly after graduation to any career different from what the person studied in first degree. She has chosen a career path in software development and IT. So she should seek a program related to IT, hence, actually providing a platform for the exponential growth of her career. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dehiero: 4:58pm On Jan 06
evansky:

It’s not possible for the v.o to know he moved some money out of his account. The reason he got denied was lack of documents to backup his lump sum of money deposited. He also has a low opening and high closing balance.
Gbam!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rapujoshua: 5:16pm On Jan 06
JMG12:
Within 1 month the letter of intro and counterfoil would have dropped keep monitoring your portal, because you might not get a notification for these.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sunny3032: 6:00pm On Jan 06
Good evening house. Please I want to ask if Canada is doing dependent programs? I also read online that Ontario has just introduced a program that can make one becomes a permanent resident having completed a year certificate program. Please what about this? thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by cadno(m): 6:31pm On Jan 06
Hello , please i would like to know which route is cheaper by Cost of flight :

Is it better / Cheaper to go through Ghana from Nigeria and book flight from Ghana to Toronto, Canada?
Nigeria>> Ghana>>> Canada ??
How much is the cost please if you have an idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by molosfaith86(f): 7:17pm On Jan 06
Please who is going to or already in Red River College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 9:24pm On Jan 06
eniola1010:
Hello bosses in the house, i have been sleeping on the thread reading all pages.
Please i need clarification from the bosses cc zubizareta justmellow frankrobbn1 bobomaigida and other bosses not mentioned

I know a lot of people will learn from the questions i ask thanks to u all as u answer

1) why do colleges only attract 5points towards pr and masters and bsc attracts 30points, i find that a bit unfair, why could college attract such low point? - Typically, grad certificates are tailored to teach skills over a short period while masters are meant to teach advanced knowledge in a particular field where in some instances research will be done to tackle an identified problem, this I believe is why they have different points
[/b]
2) i want my wife to school in canada but i we dont hv money for masters, also she has a mba from nigeria, is it possible to not declare she has an mba and just go for college, also, when its time to sign up for the express entry can she them declare the mba and hope it wont cause issues? - [b]People who have asters have been able to secure SP to study for PGC, it boils down to your SOP and how you are able to explain your desire to go for a PGC, if you hide the Masters qualification now it means you cannot use it ever in Canada.
[/i]

3) please i want to know if before you qualify for pnp it has to be a specific course? I know it has to be a specific province but i want to know if the course you study has much to do with pnp, also can someone who school in a college be accepted for pnp? - PNP is province specific, the province all have different pathways to secure PNP, job offer, completion of school in the province, STEM professionals etc. Check the province you decide to go for greater details.[i]

4) just for preparation sake, what are the jobs that are easy for student to get within 2 month of reaching canada, i hear so many rumors that it is hard for student to get jobs, i will like my wife to go into care and support and the likes, is there any certification that she can be doing now pending the time she enters canada maybe cpr certs or first aid certs, for example in uk here we call care certifications nvq and it enable u to see care and support jobs faster? Because i want her to start working asap to support herself financially. - Jobs in the support and health sector require some certifications, you would have to pay and undergo training to do that, the issue is that some employers are reluctant to give students jobs because they work part time, but alot of students get jobs so yours could be different.[/i]

5) one more thing about work, i notice that a lot of student on the thread go for care and support work since they are the basics and somewhat easier to be employed to, but while i was studying the skilled worker requirement - which of course is everyones goal - i noticed that its only when your job is a teer0-3 that you can qualify for pr under federal skilled worker, and support and care is a teer4-5, or am i missing something? - Jobs done as students do not count for your express entry profile, only job done as PGWP counts.[i]

6) as a student who will obviously work part time, i can across this clause on the express entry, "years of skilled experience in canada, it must be a fulltime job or equal amount in parttime" i attached images within. - This applies to work experience gained under PGWP
[/i]
Are they saying working as a part time student for a full year does not qualify for saying you have 1 full year of working experience in canada? So your parttime hours combined must be about 1560 hours for you to say you have a full year work experience right?

7) if my wife is granted student permit, cus she will be going alone for now, hope it will be easy to bring her husband and kid later on? Hope canada wont close their gate cus that what affected us in uk, i was unable to bring her cus uk stopped bringing dependent few month i came in - At least for now students can bring dependents into Canada so long as you can provide POF for each person you are bringing in.
[i]

(.8.) if you are being selected and given ita, must the job experience you have in the pool be the job you must do when you enter canada? - No[i][/i]

Thanks as you answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Deeegbee: 9:41pm On Jan 06
Deeegbee:
I’m offering short term accommodation (few days to some weeks) to any student landing in Calgary, Alberta. The home is located at the City Centre with only 12 mins drive to both the University of Calgary and Bow Valley College in Downtown Calgary. Just 14 mins drive to ABM College in NE Calgary, 15 mins drive to SAIT and 8 mins drive to Mount Royal University. I can also offer to pick you up from the Airport for free. You can shoot me a mail at dee.egbee@gmail.com for bookings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by eniola1010(m): 12:38am On Jan 07
[quote author=Bobomaigida post=127814151][/quote]

God bless you so very much i have gained all i need to begin from your answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by haileyempress05: 2:51am On Jan 07
moyinoluwalope:
Happy new month to Nairalander, may this new month we are entering be full of CONGRATULATION AND PPR

Is there anyone going to selkirk college for May 2024 intake

Is there any group i can join

Hi Moyin
Pls I want to ask you a few questions concerning Selkirk I also want to apply to the school for the same course
Pls can you email me :haileyempress05@gmail.com
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TosinTemilade: 4:27am On Jan 07
Hi everyone a friend complained about one guy here called @Frankrobnn ....This Frank packaged rubbish application for this guy and he was refused please I could remember last year someone here still accused this same guy ,he came here to start defending himself .........Please this guy is now a fraud avoid him. Collects your money and now outsource your application to be processed by someone else.

@Frankrobbn is a fraud

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hoelujohn: 5:11am On Jan 07
TosinTemilade:
Hi everyone a friend complained about one guy here called @Frankrobnn ....This Frank packaged rubbish application for this guy and he was refused please I could remember last year someone here still accused this same guy ,he came here to start defending himself .........Please this guy is now a fraud avoid him. Collects your money and now outsource your application to be processed by someone else.

@Frankrobbn is a fraud
I don't think there's any crime in outsourcing but that should have been part of the initial agreement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 6:13am On Jan 07
Hoelujohn:

I don't think there's any crime in outsourcing but that should have been part of the initial agreement.
Stop defending irregularities. 😤 what is wrong with u people self. Justwise created this forum for everyone to gather information on how to combat visa application. If you seek service outside its on your own risk. Stop sugar coating. Tufiakwa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mykel1996: 10:54am On Jan 07
Is there anyone going to fleming college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adinnu4(m): 11:11am On Jan 07
MatrixReloaded:

Stop defending irregularities. 😤 what is wrong with u people self. Justwise created this forum for everyone to gather information on how to combat visa application. If you seek service outside its on your own risk. Stop sugar coating. Tufiakwa

I thought frankrobbn created the platform oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 11:52am On Jan 07
adinnu4:

I thought frankrobbn created the platform oo
No it's the gods of successfully visa approval....all day/night u will see the name viewing this thread even 2 am.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 3:15pm On Jan 07
Please I need advise o. I want to do GIC of 20k cad but the limit to transfer usd from dom account is 10k USD. Please how can one do FX deposits? I really don’t have an idea.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 3:28pm On Jan 07
milkay:
Please I need advise o. I want to do GIC of 20k cad but the limit to transfer usd from dom account is 10k USD. Please how can one do FX deposits? I really don’t have an idea.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
Buy dollar from aboki and deposit in your dom account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 3:56pm On Jan 07
MatrixReloaded:

Buy dollar from aboki and deposit in your dom account.
Thank you for your response. Dollar deposit has limit of 10k USD transfer.
The bank said I need to do fx transfer into my account and I don't know how it’s done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 4:34pm On Jan 07
milkay:

Thank you for your response. Dollar deposit has limit of 10k USD transfer.
The bank said I need to do fx transfer into my account and I don't know how it’s done.
Buy and deposit. Buy and deposit if you do fx transfer you will be charged for fx rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 6:17pm On Jan 07
MatrixReloaded:

Buy and deposit. Buy and deposit if you do fx transfer you will be charged for fx rate.

Oh I see. Thank you I’ll buy and deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ImaIma1(f): 6:34pm On Jan 07
tosins:
Hi gurus, how good is sault college, got admission offer , but first deposit $2500needs to be paid within 2weeks, with current rate chaiii

Hi, can you please link me with the person or agent that applied for you. I saw that it has to be through an agent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.