Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407444 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 7:06pm On Jan 24
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 7:13pm On Jan 24
Shukusheka:
Please what is current mininum proof of fund required for Spousal Open Work Permit in Canada? As at two years ago it was $5k but I am not sure what the current amount is.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24
Ajoself:
Hello!!! I need help, I just got a potential supervisor who agreed to be my mentor during the master's program. So, I have started my application but the deadline is very slim. Currently, I am not employed but still have some work experience based on my past works. I need to fill the professional experience in my application, will the visa officer verify all my information from the school?

Whatever you please do not give them fake or false information, they will verify all the verifiable. If they notice a fake or false info it can lead to ban.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deking(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24
AtoningBlood:

Have you passed the medicals?

I submitted 28 December, medical passed Jan 12.

I applied with my family.

If for any reason they deny hubby sowp, we have decided he'd apply for a course. We both go as student. Nothing spoil.
No gree for any body undecided

Better he goes with visiting visa. If he secures a job it can be converted to work permit on the strength of the job not your studentship

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deking(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24
samefiok:
Good day friends so quick question,Manager of a CAC Approved Restaurant desires to pursue a MSC Tourism Mgt after his 4yr Bsc Tourism Studies including a 2yr work experience at this said restaurant so question is can Restaurant Managing Director/Owner Dyslexia be used as a strong home tie, the tie would be the return back home to continue job position after Msc is Acquired due to Owners Dyslexia,Is this valid & strong enough?!

Home ties means, you have something of substance to return too. You must proof that the business is viable enough to attract you back to Nigeria at the end of the study.

Financial statements of the business, account statements and valuation reports are some documents you can use to prove the viability of the enterprise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 8:17pm On Jan 24
Shukusheka:
Please what is current mininum proof of fund required for Spousal Open Work Permit in Canada? As at two years ago it was $5k but I am not sure what the current amount is.

Please help.
Spouse: $ 5055
Student :$20635
Student +spouse=$25690

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shukusheka(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24
Predator188:

Current study permit holders are not affected..
How true is this? You mean spouses of current study permit holders who are yet to apply for SOWP are not affected by the new policy?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damrmd02(f): 9:18pm On Jan 24
Thanks for the prompt response,please when do you think my spouse can apply?is it after when I travel or before going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by damrmd02(f): 9:19pm On Jan 24
Predator188:

Current study permit holders are not affected..
Thanks for the prompt response,please when do you think my spouse can apply?is it after when I travel or before going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bentricks: 10:28pm On Jan 24
deking:

Better he goes with visiting visa. If he secures a job it can be converted to work permit on the strength of the job not your studentship
Is it possible to get a job without SOWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 2:11am On Jan 25
He can't get a job with Visitor Visa. [quote author=Bentricks post=128110857]
Is it possible to get a job without SOWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tolifefun: 2:21am On Jan 25
deking:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 just like that? Are you in Canada? Where do you want get a job with Visiting Visa that you want to convert to work permit ? I hear you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lijay92: 2:24am On Jan 25
I applied since November 22, 2022. No decision yet. No medical requests yet. Is it just me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 2:39am On Jan 25
Lijay92:
I applied since November 22, 2022. No decision yet. No medical requests yet. Is it just me?

Did u do upfront medical? I did, My medical was updated to pass after almost 3 months of submission then the next day, I got approved.

I’ve seen screenshot of people getting medical request(those that didn’t even do upfront) after PPR sef.

You can’t predict this people just calm down. E no easy I know…

Although I had to send a webform after waiting 10 weeks. For a response and I got a response a week later. Don’t know if the webform helped, Maybe u should do that too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndubisi12: 6:58am On Jan 25
Lijay92:
mine is 20 December and am still waiting for them to request for medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndubisi12: 7:40am On Jan 25
Lijay92:
please have you done upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mysterious33(m): 8:35am On Jan 25
Nice. From all indications it appears we shouldn't be affected. Would be nice if the school admin could confirm too.
How do you plan on proceeding with the SOWP?
Are you applying as soon as you arrive in Canada, or are you applying before your arrival?

AtoningBlood:

Okay, I will let you know. No reply from them yet. But looks like we are not affected if its a public school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shukusheka(m): 10:16am On Jan 25
What will happen to the SOWP of spouses for students with study permit of just one year who are aiming to renew their study permit for an additional year? Meaning, if the SOWP ban takes effect before your study permit expires, how does the spouse request for a new SOWP especially as SOWP can not be renewed.

Any solution please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by georgeman: 10:58am On Jan 25
DMCY:
Anybody with study permit application since dec 25 been called for Medicals yet?

Mine since October 13th Nothing o. I have even forgotten the password to my GC key... I done abandon the thing 😂😂
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maryspot(f): 12:04pm On Jan 25
Please I need help, is graduate certificate a post graduate program or in the same level with undergraduate program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sherryju: 12:27pm On Jan 25
Someone please I need information on this post ist normal not to receive medical request for over a month from ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Tomoarika(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25
maryspot:
Please I need help, is graduate certificate a post graduate program or in the same level with undergraduate program?

Postgrad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by af0nja2000: 2:39pm On Jan 25
Pls how do I go about this using of courier too collect my passport. Have been mailed that my passport is ready but I can't travel to lag too go get it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 2:57pm On Jan 25
Lijay92:

November 22, 2022 or 2023?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by joyjoyjoyekene: 3:54pm On Jan 25
af0nja2000:

Pls how do I go about this using of courier too collect my passport. Have been mailed that my passport is ready but I can't travel to lag too go get it.
I want to know how to fill these: I want wes to send my report to niagara college for my complete application, so from my wes logged in page, under duplicate standard, I clicked on professional licence/certification. I saw certificate type, and licence state, should I fill the gap or should I skip it. I am confused about what to fill there that's why I thinking if I can skip it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by af0nja2000: 4:53pm On Jan 25
Inikay:

I collected on Friday
Collection time is from 12 pm.
Go with your passport data page photocopy.
Email notification that your passport is ready for collection.
If you are collecting for your child,go with his birth certificate, your passport data page copy or any valid means of identification.
If you are collecting for your spouse -Marriage certificate, consent form and any valid means of identification.
Email notification should I print it out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 5:22pm On Jan 25
Shukusheka:
What will happen to the SOWP of spouses for students with study permit of just one year who are aiming to renew their study permit for an additional year? Meaning, if the SOWP ban takes effect before your study permit expires, how does the spouse request for a new SOWP especially as SOWP can not be renewed.

Any solution please?

But Study permit renewals are not included in the cap...
You can extend your sowp when study permit holder extends study permit..
If the student graduates and receives pgwp the spouse can apply for sowp if the pgwp holder receives any job offer..this is updated change with pgwp.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DMCY: 6:16pm On Jan 25
georgeman:

Mine since October 13th Nothing o. I have even forgotten the password to my GC key... I done abandon the thing 😂😂

I’m even tired jhare, I just Dey refresh my portal since ni, waiting for my medical result.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maryspot(f): 7:36pm On Jan 25
Tomoarika:

Postgrad.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TonnieA: 7:52pm On Jan 25
DMCY:

I’m even tired jhare, I just Dey refresh my portal since ni, waiting for my medical result.

Or is there anything else that we should have done apart from uploading the one page sheet that was given to us to upload(for upfront medicals) while submitting the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stluke(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25
Please I need someone to help me with a good expert on Canada study application
This is my mail banji.olawale@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Adajulien, Whillz(m), Benlaw19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.