Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (403100 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 7:35pm On Jan 23
JapaPrince:

Exactly what it means is that everyone has to go back a restrategize, because a lot of changes will be in effect from this year. In all things we give God the glory, we shall succeed.
No b by force to kuku japa abroad, if it works out, fine! If it does not, gotta sit my ass back in my country and survive as God so destined.

People still make it in Nigeria on daily basisđź‘Ś

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eamon37000: 7:50pm On Jan 23
Is there anyone going to Uvic for May intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OralBoy: 8:05pm On Jan 23
00e1:

doctor
Nurse
Pharmacy
Pharmaceutical assistant
Surgeon
Psychiatrist

And few others

It’s really bad here that’s why the government is cracking down on new people Coming it. Lots of people are struggling to survive here now. Newcomers can even afford to buy a home anymore they can’t get mortgages, cost of living has gone up, difficult to get a common minimum wage job not to talk of skilled jobs.

Only 20 percent of the population earns from above 100,000 cad a year. Majority of the people earns below 40,000 cad a year after tax of which out of those majority, huge percentage of Them gets 30,000 cad downwards a year. Do the maths for monthly earnings . Between 2200 to 3800 cad a month after tax! You will think that’s a lot when you are doing exchange conversion back home but here it’s nothing, you can’t survive here with that money. Self contain here in Ontario where I am now goes from 1800 to 2500 cad a month just one room self. You can’t even rent 2 rooms it’s really expensive. Even if you are in other provinces many are going from between 1200 to 1800 cad . Grocery is not there, gas, phone bills and car maintenance. Now tell me what will you do with that money.

Many people who haven’t traveled will not understand life abroad. You can say everything is beautiful bla bla bla road light whatever but you have to pay the price. That’s why people can’t even buy a home .you must have a combine income of approximately $263,300 in gross income to be approved for the average home price of $1,103,600 in Toronto. These houses now going for around 2 million. Now tell me someone earning 30k or 40k even with the spouse income won’t be able to get ordinary mortgage to buy a home that you still have to pay for balance for the next 25 to 30 years if you are even still alive to finish payment and still have a job to escape foreclosure. Even in provinces where houses are cheaper , it’s still difficult to get the money for down payment. Those who own home in nigeria are better off than here in the sense that you don’t have to worry about mortgage in nigeria , and many don’t pay property tax bla bla the only thing is the value of the house. If you don’t work here and have a mortgage you will have high blood pressure everyday coz you can be homeless anytime. This is why anyone earning between 500,000 to 1000000 a month in nigeria and own a home is far better than those here earning minimum wage.

Those who came early are lucky because things weren’t this bad. Now it’s so worse to the extent that malls are canceling self checkouts Walmarts , no frills among others because the people are bypassing goods while scanning their cart items , people will buy 10 goods and scan only 5 because no one is checking them. The crime rate is going up.

If your parent isn’t rich and you can’t survive on your own for atleast a year , it’s better not to come here . Plan before making that move. I know a student doing Uber eat using electric bicycle. Makes just 40 dollars a day. If not for his parents sending him money he would have gone back to India. I wish people know how cold it is. Imagine riding Uber eats on bicycles at night in the cold. He is not his choice to do this , he has been looking for jobs for 3 months in Toronto without success, not even a cleaning Job.

This is the grimmest picture I have ever seen anybody paint of any country abroad let alone Canada. I know things are bad but are they that bad? Is it possible that maybe your location (Toronto) is faring worse than other places?

I am going to London and my friend who moved there last month got a job at a coffee shop the following week. It's a fair start for someone who is a student and has little Canadian experience. I don't know about life after graduation, that's an entirely different kettle of fish but I do know that Nigeria in its current state is not an option for me. I would sooner move to Botswana than remain here.

You know what they say about someone who has nothing to lose?

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victorious1000: 8:11pm On Jan 23
Vikkyexman:

If your school is public college/university, you don't have issue with PGWP eligibility. Those institutions affected are private institutions which are not PGWP eligible but was licensed to offer public Institutions curriculum. It refers to as Public-Private Model Institutions. Example of public colleges/Universities are UBC, UoT, Centennial College, Seneca College, Humber College etc. Example of Private-Public Colleges/Universities are University Canada West, CCTB, Alpha College etc. Just research your school on Google to confirm. Thanks
pls my spouse just got admitted to Centennial college and we plan traveling together, what's your advice regarding visa application should we do it together or separately? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 8:39pm On Jan 23
Hastykate:
Hello house please I need help. Who knows how I can download my submitted application form on ircc portal
If you used the new IRCC portal, click on Client Application Summary on your application dashbord. - Thats the download of the information you used in your application. It even includes the file names of your attachment.
Not sure if this shows on GCKey Portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kweje: 8:45pm On Jan 23
Hello everyone, does any know if our National Open University Degree is recognized for Masters in Canada. (The prospective student has a BSC -2:1 from it).

I am aware some colleges do not accept open university or distance learning.
Please if you have any input on this, do share please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kc6964(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23
Educhopper:
You might be correct.
I was supposed to submit Study Permit application yesterday for my wife who got an admission to study a 1 yr Diploma as. a Disability Support Worker, Saskatchewan Polytechnic for August 2024.
With this new policy on getting a mandatory attestation letter from the province attached else the application would be returned, how long do one wait for this? Cos I already googled and made other enquiries and it seem not to be available yet. Anybody with useful information would greatly be appreciated by me and others to learn from.
Thanks a lot

You just have to wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 9:12pm On Jan 23
OralBoy:

[This is the grimmest picture I have ever seen anybody paint of any country abroad let alone Canada. I know things are bad but are they that bad? Is it possible that maybe your location (Toronto) is faring worse than other places?

I am going to London and my friend who moved there last month got a job at a coffee shop the following week. It's a fair start for someone who is a student and has little Canadian experience. I don't know about life after graduation, that's an entirely different kettle of fish but I do know that Nigeria in its current state is not an option for me. I would sooner move to Botswana than remain here.

You know what they say about someone who has nothing to lose?
What 00e1 said about shoplifting or shop theft is absolutely correct I went the other day to buy baby formula/milk that cost 71.97 dollars in one superstore in Brandon Manitoba canada..I could not find it on shelve I asked a lady that works in the shop..why is the formula not available...she said some people are getting away with the formula without paying..that I should go to the customer service..I went to the customers service and saw the formula where they kept it so that they can keep an eye on it... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 9:22pm On Jan 23
Victorious1000:
pls my spouse just got admitted to Centennial college and we plan traveling together, what's your advice regarding visa application should we do it together or separately? Thanks

The new rule will apply to your application, no work permit for you if your spouse is going for undergraduate program, diploma or certificate program except if your spouse is a master or PhD student. Currently, as said by Mac Miller, processing of study permit will be paused till March 31st to enable provinces to build a process for issuance of attestation letter. Note that this letter must be included in study permit application. So, no study permit application for now till march 31st

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 9:45pm On Jan 23
Predator188:

What 00e1 said about shoplifting or shop theft is absolutely correct I went the other day to buy baby formula/milk that cost 71.97 dollars in one superstore in Brandon Manitoba canada..I could not find it on shelve I asked a lady that works in the shop..why is the formula not available...she said some people are getting away with the formula without paying..that I should go to the customer service..I went to the customers service and saw the formula where they kept it so that they can keep an eye on it... grin grin

But this happens in US, Uk, or any other country that allows self check out. Not peculiar to canada. It will also happen more in naija if self checkout is implemented.

The truth is that no matter how grim a picture he paints. If u ask him to return to naija he will not come back.

Most people looking to relocate abroad have had enough with absolutely nothing working in naija and there’s no kind picture u want to paint that will make them change their mind. So why try?

He’s talking about people not being able to afford mortgage in canada. How many people fit buy house for naija?

I’ll rather hold on to the possiblility of a better life in Canada than remain in the hopelessness of naija. Everyone’s grace is different.!!!! Say he no work for A no mean say he no go work for B

Leave people to pursue their dreams!!!!!!! What’s the worst that can happen?

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Victorious1000: 10:38pm On Jan 23
Vikkyexman:

The new rule will apply to your application, no work permit for you if your spouse is going for undergraduate program, diploma or certificate program except if your spouse is a master or PhD student. Currently, as said by Mac Miller, processing of study permit will be paused till March 31st to enable provinces to build a process for issuance of attestation letter. Note that this letter must be included in study permit application. So, no study permit application for now till march 31st
Thanks for your response, so after paying deposit tuition fee what's the next step? Are we to write to the school for the attestation letter or what? And I read diploma graduate can now apply for 3 years work permit after graduation do you think that will also make spouse the SOWP eligible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by PtBlank: 11:16pm On Jan 23
PtBlank:
Just got my PPR. I'll share some backstory later today. Good luck to everyone.

Timeline:
Application submitted: 27 December
Biometrics: 29 December @ VFS London
PPR: 22 January

I have a master's degree from the UK and I'm going for a graduate certificate in Canada. I declared my master's degree in my application. This is for those who have a master's degree and are going for a lower qualification, I don't think you'll have a problem if you can justify your decision. My current job title aligns with the Graduate Certificate so I justified that in my SOP.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 00e1: 11:35pm On Jan 23
mfonox:

But this happens in US, Uk, or any other country that allows self check out. Not peculiar to canada. It will also happen more in naija if self checkout is implemented.

The truth is that no matter how grim a picture he paints. If u ask him to return to naija he will not come back.

Most people looking to relocate abroad have had enough with absolutely nothing working in naija and there’s no kind picture u want to paint that will make them change their mind. So why try?

He’s talking about people not being able to afford mortgage in canada. How many people fit buy house for naija?

I’ll rather hold on to the possiblility of a better life in Canada than remain in the hopelessness of naija. Everyone’s grace is different.!!!! Say he no work for A no mean say he no go work for B

Leave people to pursue their dreams!!!!!!! What’s the worst that can happen?

Most of you only believe in your pastor that’s why people who live here don’t come to share their experiences. I am way better in Nigeria than here I have lived here for 3 years and just waiting for few things and moved back home or move to the US and come here once a while. You won’t understand. Yeah everyone situation isn’t the same , you can say nigeria is not safe but people get killed here too, students get shot to death, people die everyday. If you have something serious going for you in Nigeria or you think earning 3000 dollars a month after tax here is better and after expenses you are left with just about 400 dollars, then make your choice. I work as a service technician in a tech company earning 24 cad per hour . I studied here, working full time now, monthly earnings supposed to be 3840 cad , after tax and some deductions like Ei , employment insurance incase of job loss, CPP , and other deductions, I am left with a little above 3100 cad. After expenses only about 400 dollars left . Car insurance here a month goes from between 150 to 300 dollars or even more. Rent $2400 add other bills.

I own houses back home with tenants before I came here , here if I fail to go to work a day I and my family will be kicked out of the apartment. The struggle we go through here isn’t worth it for us. We are not struggling before coming here. It all depends on your situation before leaving Nigeria. I have a thriving business in Nigeria, I thought I would be able to make a lot more money which was why I and my family made the move but was disappointed and sharing this with you is for you to either learn before making your own decisions but most Nigerians will never learn. We haven’t recovered a dime we spent coming here due to huge bills and was already thinking of moving to the US once we get what we are waiting for. It cost is roughly 55 million moving my family here and that was a great mistake we made and only hoping for the best now.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mysterious33(m): 12:00am On Jan 24
Hi, I'm on this same ship. Kindly keep me posted whenever you get a response. Thanks

AtoningBlood:
I sent an email to my school to clarify my position for more clarification regarding the updates about PGWP and SOWP. I was admitted for a PGD in May, 2024.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JapaPrince: 12:08am On Jan 24
Windblown2much:
No b by force to kuku japa abroad, if it works out, fine! If it does not, gotta sit my ass back in my country and survive as God so destined.

People still make it in Nigeria on daily basisđź‘Ś

Your point is also valid. Every man for himself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by charlesoz19: 12:40am On Jan 24
I hope you are thinking out loud and not saying it's the actual reason for not wanting a lot of international students? Now am thinking out loud, I feels its just because of the bad private schools using the school for only the purpose of business and not meeting the requirements needed for an international student experience. Because Our honorable Canada did this (The federal government has issued 936,293 temporary emergency visas since March 2022 for Ukrainians who want to work or study in Canada while they wait out the war. A total of 210,178 people had actually made the journey to Canada as of Nov. 28) and there is no cap or regulation on this yet.

00e1:

doctor
Nurse
Pharmacy
Pharmaceutical assistant
Surgeon
Psychiatrist

And few others

It’s really bad here that’s why the government is cracking down on new people Coming it. Lots of people are struggling to survive here now. Newcomers can even afford to buy a home anymore they can’t get mortgages, cost of living has gone up, difficult to get a common minimum wage job not to talk of skilled jobs.

Only 20 percent of the population earns from above 100,000 cad a year. Majority of the people earns below 40,000 cad a year after tax of which out of those majority, huge percentage of Them gets 30,000 cad downwards a year. Do the maths for monthly earnings . Between 2200 to 3800 cad a month after tax! You will think that’s a lot when you are doing exchange conversion back home but here it’s nothing, you can’t survive here with that money. Self contain here in Ontario where I am now goes from 1800 to 2500 cad a month just one room self. You can’t even rent 2 rooms it’s really expensive. Even if you are in other provinces many are going from between 1200 to 1800 cad . Grocery is not there, gas, phone bills and car maintenance. Now tell me what will you do with that money.

Many people who haven’t traveled will not understand life abroad. You can say everything is beautiful bla bla bla road light whatever but you have to pay the price. That’s why people can’t even buy a home .you must have a combine income of approximately $263,300 in gross income to be approved for the average home price of $1,103,600 in Toronto. These houses now going for around 2 million. Now tell me someone earning 30k or 40k even with the spouse income won’t be able to get ordinary mortgage to buy a home that you still have to pay for balance for the next 25 to 30 years if you are even still alive to finish payment and still have a job to escape foreclosure. Even in provinces where houses are cheaper , it’s still difficult to get the money for down payment. Those who own home in nigeria are better off than here in the sense that you don’t have to worry about mortgage in nigeria , and many don’t pay property tax bla bla the only thing is the value of the house. If you don’t work here and have a mortgage you will have high blood pressure everyday coz you can be homeless anytime. This is why anyone earning between 500,000 to 1000000 a month in nigeria and own a home is far better than those here earning minimum wage.

Those who came early are lucky because things weren’t this bad. Now it’s so worse to the extent that malls are canceling self checkouts Walmarts , no frills among others because the people are bypassing goods while scanning their cart items , people will buy 10 goods and scan only 5 because no one is checking them. The crime rate is going up.

If your parent isn’t rich and you can’t survive on your own for atleast a year , it’s better not to come here . Plan before making that move. I know a student doing Uber eat using electric bicycle. Makes just 40 dollars a day. If not for his parents sending him money he would have gone back to India. I wish people know how cold it is. Imagine riding Uber eats on bicycles at night in the cold. He is not his choice to do this , he has been looking for jobs for 3 months in Toronto without success, not even a cleaning Job.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:47am On Jan 24
00e1:

Most of you only believe in your pastor that’s why people who live here don’t come to share their experiences. I am way better in Nigeria than here I have lived here for 3 years and just waiting for few things and moved back home or move to the US and come here once a while. You won’t understand. Yeah everyone situation isn’t the same , you can say nigeria is not safe but people get killed here too, students get shot to death, people die everyday. If you have something serious going for you in Nigeria or you think earning 3000 dollars a month after tax here is better and after expenses you are left with just about 400 dollars, then make your choice. I work as a service technician in a tech company earning 24 cad per hour . I studied here, working full time now, monthly earnings supposed to be 3840 cad , after tax and some deductions like Ei , employment insurance incase of job loss, CPP , and other deductions, I am left with a little above 3100 cad. After expenses only about 400 dollars left . Car insurance here a month goes from between 150 to 300 dollars or even more. Rent $2400 add other bills.

I own houses back home with tenants before I came here , here if I fail to go to work a day I and my family will be kicked out of the apartment. The struggle we go through here isn’t worth it for us. We are not struggling before coming here. It all depends on your situation before leaving Nigeria. I have a thriving business in Nigeria, I thought I would be able to make a lot more money which was why I and my family made the move but was disappointed and sharing this with you is for you to either learn before making your own decisions but most Nigerians will never learn. We haven’t recovered a dime we spent coming here due to huge bills and was already thinking of moving to the US once we get what we are waiting for. It cost is roughly 55 million moving my family here and that was a great mistake we made and only hoping for the best now.

I think you should see the comments made in a broader light, it seems your experiences has not been good, which is unfortunate but trying to use your experience to paint the whole is not right, personally l know up to 5 families who have moved to Canada and are doing spectacularly well. There are many people that staying in Nigeria is no longer an option so any route to go out will be followed.
Also, in respect to the housing thing, before you can afford to build a house in Nigeria, you are either a very wealthy business person, a corporate guy that is among the top5% or a politician looting money. How many people in Nigeria can save 100mm at least to get a decent house?
But in Canada you see people after relocating there after 5 years buying a house with mortgage, which is absent in Nigeria. You ever wonder why Indians keep on coming despite their relative development? There is guaranteed growth in Canada. I really wish you well and hope that things align for you in Canada.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 1:28am On Jan 24
Oh I understand your plight in this write up, but do you know that been a motivational speaker about the whole thing is wrong?

Do you know there’s many people in this same country that are thanking God each day they awake and not for once regretted for their actions?

You can only speak for yourself on something like this bro, because Canada is not a magic world that once you enter you started cashing out

00e1:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kenn55: 2:18am On Jan 24
00e1:

Bros, you are a low income earner. What you earn is even lower than what PSWs earn in Ontario cleaning yansh. So you want to use service technician job to build mansions? Or you expected that when you get to Canada they will make you their central bank governor?
You even have $400 after expenses, that's more than 400k naira ( 1cad = 1026 naira) as at today. Are you telling me that service technicians in Lagos doing the same job you are doing get up to 400k a month after expenses in Lagos? If you have built houses in Nigeria, then you didn't build it doing service technician work. I don't know why some of you think that once you land abroad, you become a millionaire and when it doesn't happen, you start ranting like somebody send you message.

Everybody will have different experiences based on several factors like location, occupation, work experience etc. I'm a citizen living in Ontario. I had to go back to school to pursue a career in an in demand field. Once I overcame the initial entry level struggle and got my first job and had some experience to showcase at interviews, boy o boy, every year has been better than the previous year. I have changed jobs 3 times in 5 years and anytime I move to another job, i draw at least 35% more money. So My brother, don't use your experience to paint everybody, yours is unique to you. Some will be high earners, some will be middle earners while some will be low income earners so there is no big deal about your experience

Anybody who has sense knows that Canada is not heaven and there are challenges except their intention is to become overnight millionaires once they land like you thought, in that case na dem sabi.

You are greedy. People who are doing okay in Nigeria that came here came due to other factors, money was not on top of their list cos I was in that category but you despite your houses and thriving businesses came with the mindset of making millions and now you are ranting so I don't have sympathy for people like you as you are one of the reasons Nigeria has become nonsense due to greedy people.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shobbyxi(m): 4:01am On Jan 24
MarksmanD:

I studied Business Admin, but I work as a product designer. I'm thinking of studying interactive media or animation, but I was told it is easier for me to get admitted into a business related course.
Good Day, I’m currently in need of a product designer. If you possess the skills of CAD and also creative in designs. We can work together. Kindly reach out to me on WhatsApp on 09048691039. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mfonox: 4:09am On Jan 24
00e1:

“Most of you people believe in ur pastors” well, that’s not me to start with.

I’m not looking to become a millionaire in Canada like you, that’s not my motivating factor. I’m just looking to be in a system where I don’t have to worry about, No light and bad roads. I just want to live my life everyday in a system that works

If I can afford to pay my rent, other bills, eat, I’m more than okay. If I even see 400CAD after expenses. I am more than okay.

You see, our motivation is different. When people have too high expectations about abroad that’s when they begin to have regrets and complains.
motivation should never be money. Then u may be disappointed.

May God help you in ur quest to US or wherever in search of greener pastures. I just know you won’t be coming back here…. All the best

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 00e1: 4:18am On Jan 24
Kenn55:

Bros, you are a low income earner. What you earn is even lower than what PSWs earn in Ontario cleaning yansh. So you want to use service technician job to build mansions? Or you expected that when you get to Canada they will make you their central bank governor?
You even have $400 after expenses, that's more than 400k naira ( 1cad = 1026 naira) as at today. Are you telling me that service technicians in Lagos doing the same job you are doing get up to 400k a month after expenses in Lagos? If you have built houses in Nigeria, then you didn't build it doing service technician work. I don't know why some of you think that once you land abroad, you become a millionaire and when it doesn't happen, you start ranting like somebody send you message.

Everybody will have different experiences based on several factors like location, occupation, work experience etc. I'm a citizen living in Ontario. I had to go back to school to pursue a career in an in demand field. Once I overcame the initial entry level struggle and got my first job and had some experience to showcase at interviews, boy o boy, every year has been better than the previous year. I have changed jobs 3 times in 5 years and anytime I move to another job, i draw at least 35% more money. So My brother, don't use your experience to paint everybody, yours is unique to you. Some will be high earners, some will be middle earners while some will be low income earners so there is no big deal about your experience

Anybody who has sense knows that Canada is not heaven and there are challenges except their intention is to become overnight millionaires once they land like you thought, in that case na dem sabi.

You are greedy. People who are doing okay in Nigeria that came here came due to other factors, money was not on top of their list cos I was in that category but you despite your houses and thriving businesses came with the mindset of making millions and now you are ranting so I don't have sympathy for people like you as you are one of the reasons Nigeria has become nonsense due to greedy people.

You youths have no respect for elders, you just come online behind the keys to disrespect your elders, you must be one of the corrupt politician spoilt child I guess if you come abroad not for betterment of your life or improvement I didn’t run from my country for security concerns no one is after me like you. I came to do much better than I was you coward calling someone you don’t even know their life greedy. I am not like you. Mind you I don’t even have to work my whole life in Nigeria before I left , rental earning alone is enough for me to feed my family. I work hard for mine and if I said my current earnings is not matching the bills here, I know what I am saying. If you call 24cad per hour low wage in this current Ontario then you I guess you are jobless. You will finish your course and will be in the labour market real soon and see how it goes idiot. Your father’s PSW company paying that amount how many psw earns 18cad an hour here in Ontario you fool or you think I don’t know people doing that job . When many people who have been working here for 10 years are still on 27 to 29 per hour except medical doctors and few others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daveconsult007: 4:50am On Jan 24
ikgodisgood82:

Bro I did 20k GIC last year. I faced the same challenge.
CBN prohibited any fx cash deposit more than 10k$ transfer out of Nigeria.
For you to do fx above 10k to your GIC, you'll need dollar cash deposit of 10k secondly go to aboki tell them you need fx (INFLOW) note inflow is fx that came out of the sures of Nigeria.
With cash deposit of 10k USD then your aboki will source the remaining balance for you as inflow.
Together you can make the GIC deposit.
INFLOWS can be a bit difficult to get and a bit expensive but you can get it, remember GIC does not accept multiple deposit only single

Please , with the 20k GIC was your visa application approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 4:52am On Jan 24
My input is that everyone should not have such high expectations going to Canada, you may be disappointed. Canada is not heaven and every country with her own challenges. Which is why you should have cogent reason and motive behind your going to Canada and not making money. Know that at the beginning, it will be very hard, but pays at the end for those who can stand and rugged it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 5:15am On Jan 24
Hey Guys . I was looking to apply for PhD and also apply for PR so that once the PR is out hopefully one won’t have to pay high international fees. Please what are your thoughts on this . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 5:35am On Jan 24
bobodudu100:
Hey Guys . I was looking to apply for PhD and also apply for PR so that once the PR is out hopefully one won’t have to pay high international fees. Please what are your thoughts on this . Thanks

PR? Have you submitted your profile to express entry pool? Have you received ITA? If yes, then you can apply for your PR and apply for your PhD when you get to Canada. If no, it's not possible to apply for PR. You can only submit your profile to express entry pool and wait till you receive ITA (invitation to apply)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Focusmind: 6:01am On Jan 24
bidemi1190:
Please what is your view about addiction and mental health or autism and behavioural analysis PG cert?

You are on a right track. The course is good and chances of getting job in that field is high, especially within the northern part of Ontario.
These health courses at certificate and diploma levels have high success rate of employment:

Practical nursing
Occupational therapy and physiotherapy assistant
Massage therapy
Social Service worker
Community services worker
Mental health and addiction
Disability support worker
Pharmacy technician
Personal support worker

All other courses in direct support health services, excluding health care administration or clerical health courses.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jasobry: 6:28am On Jan 24
The Canadian Federal government announcement regarding the imposition of international student enrollment caps has created a great deal of uncertainty for the Fleming community, students, staff, faculty, businesses and the broader community we serve.

I want to be very clear that the international students currently enrolled in Fleming at all our campuses including Fleming College Toronto are not affected by this announcement.

However, the new international students that have applied for spring and fall 2024 sessions will be impacted by this announcement.

This announcement has an immense adverse human and economic impact for our region.

It is important to recognize the relationship between international students and our local economies. The implementation of international student caps poses a threat not only to the educational experiences of all of our students but also to the vitality of our regional economy. The economic impact of a 50% reduction of international student enrollment will be a staggering loss to our communities: Peterborough, Lindsay and Haliburton.

The human impact is just as startling.

Fleming prepares people to work in a variety of services, however the impacts would be most pronounced for Early Childhood Education, Personal Support Workers, and Practical Nursing; people who look after our loved ones.

International students that come to Ontario are essential to bringing in top talent for key sectors of the workforce, here in our area and across the province. They usually come with a diploma or degree and are ready to move quickly into the labour market.

Our college graduates contribute to help close some of the largest labour market gaps in Ontario’s key sectors – health care and social assistance, accommodation and food services, automotive, mining, trades and construction, advanced manufacturing and others.

We cannot adequately emphasize the gravity of this rash decision on the people; students, our college, community and local businesses and partnerships.

Maureen Adamson,
President, Fleming College

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 6:59am On Jan 24
Ok I meant can I do both applications at the same time . But instead of applying for student visa . I opt for the express entry pool. So I won’t apply for student visa just apply for the PhD programs in case the process takes a while .
Vikkyexman:

PR? Have you submitted your profile to express entry pool? Have you received ITA? If yes, then you can apply for your PR and apply for your PhD when you get to Canada. If no, it's not possible to apply for PR. You can only submit your profile to express entry pool and wait till you receive ITA (invitation to apply)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 7:18am On Jan 24
00e1:

doctor
Nurse
Pharmacy
Pharmaceutical assistant
Surgeon
Psychiatrist

And few others

I’ve read some of your reviews on moving to Canada as a student. What did you study ? Are you in healthcare sector or tech. I just just got admission into pharmacy technician in Lambton sarnia campus. Do you think it’s a good course in Canada base on your experience. I’ve made research but you know internet is different from real life experience.

I’m not sure if this PPL thing affect lambton college sarnia too because PGWP is very important. If anyone has idea about that too just to be sure before proceed with my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 8:36am On Jan 24
How do I pay my school fees from Nigeria? I heard form A not working and even if it’s works, extremely slow I heard. What options do I have ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 8:50am On Jan 24
Necksonnel:
How do I pay my school fees from Nigeria? I heard form A not working and even if it’s works, extremely slow I heard. What options do I have ?

Go to your school website to check available payment options of the school first. You can only pay through the school approved methods.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Devasia(m), Frankrobbn1, Ajebogirl, Odemok(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.