Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,821 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (462602 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (493) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:21am On May 25
I'm sorry to hear about your refusal. Dealing with such issues can be quite frustrating. If you'd like, I will go through the details of your refusal letter to better understand the reasons and explore potential steps to address them.
1. Proof of fund: The visa officer must be persuaded that the cash you possess is readily available for your purpose. Make sure that the documentation demonstrates your access to this money. Even with sufficient evidence, presentation or clarity might be important.
2. Source of Funds: Inheritance funds should be well-documented with strong legal documentation. Ensure that any inheritance-related paperwork is properly notarized and translated, if necessary. For business earnings, your company's financial records, tax reports, and proof of ownership/directorship must be precise and up to date.
3. Ties to Home Country: Demonstrating strong ties to your home country can be crucial. This includes property ownership, familial ties, and other commitments requiring your return.

Jackto365:

My POF was over 115M. Most of the money I got from my deceased dad and I submitted court documents showing I inherited it Intestate. Then the rest of the money was from my business which I submitted my CAC doc to show that I'm the director of the company. Also, i uploaded CAD4000 tuition deposit receipt and land documents that I inherited too.

**One important thing is I've had two rejections from Germany in 2018, when I just graduated and was planning toward grad degree there***

The
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by laura29: 12:17pm On May 25
Congratulations 🎊 Pls what is Bull strikers social media acct, or how can I contact him. A friend needs this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 12:40pm On May 25
Dear Nairaland,
Kindly advise on the below for students that are currently in Lakeland College, Vermillion, Alberta.

I want to book my flight next week against the third
Week of August, so it will be a bit affordable.
For a family of 4(2 adults, 3 year and A year old).

The school advise we land in Calgary International airport and take a local flight to lloydminster Local airport and from there take a cab or bus to Vermillion which is 40 minutes drive.

Another option is Edmonton International airport and 2 and half hours by road to Vermillion.

For students that are currently at Lakeland College or graduate from the College, kindly advise the best route and Airline to book.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ghanagyal93: 5:50pm On May 25
Hello house

Please anybody have any insight into NovaScotia Community College? (NSCC). We applied in November of last year and are still waiting on a decision 7 months later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kenoja(m): 6:51pm On May 25
search Bullstriker Nairaland and you will get more information on their profile etc

laura29:
Congratulations 🎊 Pls what is Bull strikers social media acct, or how can I contact him. A friend needs this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lansha2006: 8:56pm On May 25
Is Canada still accepting dependants on Student's visa?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kingslove030492: 10:18pm On May 25
Please, is there anyone admitted into NAIT College, can you share with me any Group either on WhatsApp or telegram which one can join for the school. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 1:56am On May 26
Congratulations!!! How many days after BVL did you get the PPR?? Also, How soon did they return your passport when after submitted it??

emmmillenium:
PPR has landed. Its DIY and great Information on this platform really helps.

Timeliness

Application Submission: Apr 4th
Upfront medical updated: Apr 11th
PPR: May 21st
2nd Application..

Appreciate all experts that do respond to questions on this platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Canfulfilment: 5:16am On May 26
Anybody coming to Calgary and in need of a room to stay. I have a short stay room at a very subsidized rent. Available June 1 to August 31. Dm me if interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Canfulfilment: 5:34am On May 26
Daveconsult007:

Congratulations 🎊 πŸ‘

Did you use the old or new portal?

Hi,
Please are you able to tell me why you asked? Is the new portal faster?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 7:47am On May 26
I'll advise you to look for another school.
From all indications there allocated quota is quite small. About 1k plus, roughly1300 for admission, so i don't think they'll be able to meet up considering the number of applicants.
Check new brunswick college, they have started application for winter 2025.

Ghanagyal93:
Hello house

Please anybody have any insight into NovaScotia Community College? (NSCC). We applied in November of last year and are still waiting on a decision 7 months later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by laura29: 4:59pm On May 26
Please I just checked my tracker and it’s showing background check in progress but the eligibility has not started. This is over 3 weeks since I did biometrics. Please who has insight on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abdullahisp: 10:35pm On May 26
laura29:
Please I just checked my tracker and it’s showing background check in progress but the eligibility has not started. This is over 3 weeks since I did biometrics. Please who has insight on this.
I’m also in a similar situation but hopefully this new week we get a positive response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by talkportal: 11:02pm On May 26
igmentality:

hello please can we link up.. im attending the same school, same program. submitted my study permit application not quite long

Text me on 07036205one50
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by talkportal: 11:22pm On May 26
Please bosses, I need your assistance and guidance on the matter below: πŸ‘‡πŸΎ

Hi I got admitted to University 1 program of University of Manitoba. And I have paid and received my pal.

But I am having dilemma around getting POF, I am aware I'd be needing around that 40m. What are the options, you think I can get convincing documents to establish POF.

Also an uncle who is a citizen of US and earns over 100k usd was ready to stand as sponsor for me, although he doesn't have the 40m in his account, but he'd prepare a letter of sponsorship explaining that he is committed to sponsor me through his earnings and his 410k retirement benefits of over 40k use and he will provide those legal documents and demonstrate he has been supporting me.

Do you people think that can work or what is the alternative please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 12:02am On May 27
Hey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abimbola222(f): 6:13am On May 27
Hi gurus, please I need insight into 3 things.

1) My mother in-law willed 2 houses to my husband (wch I and my husband plan to use as part of our home ties). Apart from the official document from the lawyer that shows it has been willed to him, what other documents do we need to show to back it up?

2) Apart from the 2houses, my mother in-law sold a house early last year but we got our lawyer to make documents to make it look like the house was willed to the both of us as a wedding gift and we sold it 7months ago (we plan to explain in our SOP that the money was invested in the organization we did our POF and that's the source of our POF) . Apart from document that shows the house was willed to both of us and the document that shows it was sold, what other documents do we need to back it up?

3) we did POF of 35m for living expenses with the narration "investment payout"... we are getting the investment certificate and reference letter, what other documents do we need to back it up ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:30am On May 27
If your uncle can show a further commitment to pay the first year tuition fee, then submit all necessary documents to proof is financial capability, more importantly there should some funds in your account, so your uncle acting as a co-sponsor.
talkportal:
Please bosses, I need your assistance and guidance on the matter below: πŸ‘‡πŸΎ

Hi I got admitted to University 1 program of University of Manitoba. And I have paid and received my pal.

But I am having dilemma around getting POF, I am aware I'd be needing around that 40m. What are the options, you think I can get convincing documents to establish POF.

Also an uncle who is a citizen of US and earns over 100k usd was ready to stand as sponsor for me, although he doesn't have the 40m in his account, but he'd prepare a letter of sponsorship explaining that he is committed to sponsor me through his earnings and his 410k retirement benefits of over 40k use and he will provide those legal documents and demonstrate he has been supporting me.

Do you people think that can work or what is the alternative please?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:44am On May 27
You have had most of the documents covered
1. All documents to show the property were willed to him as well as new transfer documents.
Abimbola222:
Hi gurus, please I need insight into 3 things.

1) My mother-in-law willed 2 houses to my husband (which I and my husband plan to use as part of our home ties). Apart from the official document from the lawyer that shows it has been willed to him, what other documents do we need to show to back it up?

2) Apart from the 2houses, my mother-in-law sold a house early last year but we got our lawyer to make documents to make it look like the house was willed to the both of us as a wedding gift and we sold it 7months ago (we plan to explain in our SOP that the money was invested in the organization we did our POF and that's the source of our POF) . Apart from document that shows the house was willed to both of us and the document that shows it was sold, what other documents do we need to back it up?

3) we did POF of 35m for living expenses with the narration "investment payout"... we are getting the investment certificate and reference letter, what other documents do we need to back it up ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 007lawyer: 11:46am On May 27
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmmillenium: 11:56am On May 27
Got PPR same day I got BVL. Also, I submitted my passport last week Thursday by hand and it was ready for pickup next day (Friday). That's approximately 24hrs. Both submission and pickup was done by myself...no courier service used.

mayrhe:
Congratulations!!! How many days after BVL did you get the PPR?? Also, How soon did they return your passport when after submitted it??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 12:21pm On May 27
Hello,
I would appreciate if anyone can share the link to start my visa application. I understand their is new fast and easy to use portal now. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CityboyLagos1: 12:28pm On May 27
Canfulfilment:
Anybody coming to Calgary and in need of a room to stay. I have a short stay room at a very subsidized rent. Available June 1 to August 31. Dm me if interested.
How do I get your contact?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Khamon: 1:07pm On May 27
Hi guys, who has information on if dependents of masters student are allowed to work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by idirect(m): 1:26pm On May 27
idirect:
Hello,
I would appreciate if anyone can share the link to start my visa application. I understand their is new fast and easy to use portal now. Thank you
ANYONE PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Khamon: 1:50pm On May 27
Hi guys, who can help me with list of affordable universities for masters degree in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 2:49pm On May 27
Ghanagyal93:
Hello house

Those guys are having increasingly long waiting list. Some of the courses have a max of 20 students and 50 in waiting list so if I were you, I'd want to reach out to them via email/phone, or even try another college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 2:49pm On May 27
Khamon:
Hi guys, who can help me with list of affordable universities for masters degree in Canada

Google this and you'll find many info online and on YouTube
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Johnbosco1: 2:51pm On May 27
Khamon:
Hi guys, who has information on if dependents of masters student are allowed to work.

Yes, they are allowed to work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbkay23: 2:59pm On May 27
JMG12:
I'm sorry to hear about your refusal. Dealing with such issues can be quite frustrating. If you'd like, I will go through the details of your refusal letter to better understand the reasons and explore potential steps to address them.
1. Proof of fund: The visa officer must be persuaded that the cash you possess is readily available for your purpose. Make sure that the documentation demonstrates your access to this money. Even with sufficient evidence, presentation or clarity might be important.
2. Source of Funds: Inheritance funds should be well-documented with strong legal documentation. Ensure that any inheritance-related paperwork is properly notarized and translated, if necessary. For business earnings, your company's financial records, tax reports, and proof of ownership/directorship must be precise and up to date.
3. Ties to Home Country: Demonstrating strong ties to your home country can be crucial. This includes property ownership, familial ties, and other commitments requiring your return.

pls is compulsory we submit police character report? Cos i don’t understand the price all these police people are calling like this, 100k above
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:25pm On May 27
The time frame is the same. You can use any of the portals, the new portal allows a max of 2 MB for document upload while the old portal is 4 MB
New portal: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Old portal/GCkey: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
idirect:
Hello,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:26pm On May 27
No PCC is not a mandatory document except otherwise stated.
Nbkay23:
pls is compulsory we submit police character report? Cos i don’t understand the price all these police people are calling like this, 100k above

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (493) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: Tripitaka and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.