Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State (13640 Views)

For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers / Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by onyeokwu: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
Another musiwa or becomemental in making
no matter how you you try to twist or rewrite the history
i have numerous friends from ika and i have never seen any that denied been igbo
they associate with the igbos and identify with the igbos rather than benin
so if you are so obsess of igbos you can migrate to benin and leave good people of ika alone after all we are still one Nigeria
you have constitutional right to live and claim wherever that is suitable to you but dont drag others
now piss off
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
i dont have a job ,may be you can provide one for me,ooo igbo man . and its a little good news for igbanke people as the government of edo is constructing one of the major road in the town, if igbanke people keep agitating they will get development, i dont think it is mainly an ethnic thing, i live in lagos ,and the same thing is happenning to towns near the border of ogun and lagos -there is little development there .can we say the government of lagos or ogun are tribalistic ? the answer is no , as these communities are yoruba communities.we do not force people to become what they are not , ika are ikas period , was there a time ika people in their majortiy belonged to any igbo group ? the answer is no , but we do realise that you can find some ika people amongst igbo ethnic organisations saying they are igbos , that is ok, as we know they are mostly people from ika eastern communities like igbodo,ekwuoma ,so its ok , but for majority of us we are ika .ika has never claimed to be bini ,so do not black mail us , but we recognise our brotherly blood relationship with them since ancient times and this cannot be broken ( we bear edo names, share culture with them and kingship traditions),so also we share certain culture with igbos too .we cannot deny that ,but the ika man is neither bini nor igbo , we are just ika. our brothers and neigbhours the bini have accepted this ,but this seems too hard for the average igbo man to accept,so they argue and rain curses on those ika people who do not see them selves as being igbo. but will quickly sing the praise of an ika who says he is igbo.
as for me and my family and our kingdom the owa kingdom ,we are proud to be ika.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by onyeokwu: 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
mumu
anu mpam ewu gambia
what do your owa kingdom have to offer the igbos?
Atulu congo
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by emiye(m): 1:47am On Mar 24, 2012
Any idea towards creation of an additional state need not welcomed. It is like digging a hole, when you are in the pit.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
what can igbos also offer to ikas than greed and lack of political cohession,we might be small but a good name is better than gold
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by onyeokwu: 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
mumu carry your ika nonesence face front attention seeker like
idioootaaaaaae
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by bashr8: 3:18am On Mar 27, 2012
agbotaen: i dont have a job ,may be you can provide one for me,ooo igbo man . and its a little good news for igbanke people as the government of edo is constructing one of the major road in the town, if igbanke people keep agitating they will get development, i dont think it is mainly an ethnic thing, i live in lagos ,and the same thing is happenning to towns near the border of ogun and lagos -there is little development there .can we say the government of lagos or ogun are tribalistic ? the answer is no , as these communities are yoruba communities.we do not force people to become what they are not , ika are ikas period , was there a time ika people in their majortiy belonged to any igbo group ? the answer is no , but we do realise that you can find some ika people amongst igbo ethnic organisations saying they are igbos , that is ok, as we know they are mostly people from ika eastern communities like igbodo,ekwuoma ,so its ok , but for majority of us we are ika .ika has never claimed to be bini ,so do not black mail us , but we recognise our brotherly blood relationship with them since ancient times and this cannot be broken ( we bear edo names, share culture with them and kingship traditions),so also we share certain culture with igbos too .we cannot deny that ,but the ika man is neither bini nor igbo , we are just ika. our brothers and neigbhours the bini have accepted this ,but this seems too hard for the average igbo man to accept,so they argue and rain curses on those ika people who do not see them selves as being igbo. but will quickly sing the praise of an ika who says he is igbo.
as for me and my family and our kingdom the owa kingdom ,we are proud to be ika.
are you ok is it the same delta igbos your talking about or is there any other ika people in nigeria.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
please carry your yeye igbo agenda commot from ika people , we are not delta igbo,but we are ika and that is it ,if some community says they are delta igbo in delta north that is ok, please stop rubbing what we are not on us, we did not follow igbo in 1967 ,so dont ever think we will folow you now, even during colonial period when some communities in delta north was celebrating igbo day ika people stopped it and did not participate as our ancestors knew they were not igbo, and it seems many igbo people cannot differentiate between a people who share relationship with them from being igbo, the question i keep asking this internet propagandist is when have you seen dein of agbor,obi of abavo and obi of owa or obi of umunede in ohaneze ndigbo? if these noble men keep their distance from the igbo organisation does it not tell you something ? those kings you see in ohaneze are the likes of the obi{asagba of asagba}, obi of ogwashi uku ,and ibusa and others -these kings are from aniocha and oshimili local govt.areas in delta ,i am not saying it is bad for them to be there ,but it is ok for them as majority of their subject approves of it and they believe they are igbos.but as for ika the monarchs keep away because majority of ikas do not approve of it and our history is replit with who we are and our founding fathers,and ika people are very historical people as each village or quarter or town in ika know where they migrated from, we do not assume or force people to believe in a common ancestory as we are heterogenous people migrating from different place ,but over hundreds of years have forged a common identity as ika nation.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by OneNaira6: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
agbotaen: please carry your yeye igbo agenda commot from ika people , we are not delta igbo,but we are ika and that is it ,if some community says they are delta igbo in delta north that is ok, please stop rubbing what we are not on us, we did not follow igbo in 1967 ,so dont ever think we will folow you now, even during colonial period when some communities in delta north was celebrating igbo day ika people stopped it and did not participate as our ancestors knew they were not igbo, and it seems many igbo people cannot differentiate between a people who share relationship with them from being igbo, the question i keep asking this internet propagandist is when have you seen dein of agbor,obi of abavo and obi of owa or obi of umunede in ohaneze ndigbo? if these noble men keep their distance from the igbo organisation does it not tell you something ? those kings you see in ohaneze are the likes of the obi{asagba of asagba}, obi of ogwashi uku ,and ibusa and others -these kings are from aniocha and oshimili local govt.areas in delta ,i am not saying it is bad for them to be there ,but it is ok for them as majority of their subject approves of it and they believe they are igbos.but as for ika the monarchs keep away because majority of ikas do not approve of it and our history is replit with who we are and our founding fathers,and ika people are very historical people as each village or quarter or town in ika know where they migrated from, we do not assume or force people to believe in a common ancestory as we are heterogenous people migrating from different place ,but over hundreds of years have forged a common identity as ika nation.

Agbotean abeg nwoke go sit down. Why do you always have to disgrace delta Igbo and Ika people? Is it a must to disgrace us? The two other ikas on NL have told you speak just for yourself and not for the entire community but yet you are running around like a dog without a leash trying to create the illusion of Ika and inferiority complex. Ogini, nwoke go sit down. Speak for your inferiority complex, leave the rest out of it.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by OneNaira6: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
I support the Igbanke joining Anioma but they should be watched carefully. A snake will always go back to it's snakeful way each-time.

If dem denied being Igbo when it benefited them, they'll probably do it again when the sh1t turns sour again.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
it is you igbos that are inferrior in nigeria , always crying of maginalisation, i am proud to be ika and nothing in the world can make me igbo, i am quite aware of my history and as for any ika man that says he is igbo ,thats ok for him ,if it makes him proud of being a majority group, but i know majority of ika people reject this theory, or what else can i say in 1967 , majority of ikas rejected going along with the igbos , or is it agbotaen that made that up too? when the ika people stopped the celebration of igbo day in the 1930s in ika land , was i there ?
when igbanke said they want to join ika , did they ever mention that they want to join igbo ?
any way the internet is a place to write any you want ,if you like abuse me , it wont change my opinion ,
finally when nduka obaigbena was interviewed in newyork times and he said he is from ika tribe , did i also force him, we are very liberal people we do not lie, we know ika people migrated from many places,but we know where our core founders came from .
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Ngodigha1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
agbotaen: it is you igbos that are inferrior in nigeria , always crying of maginalisation, i am proud to be ika and nothing in the world can make me igbo, i am quite aware of my history and as for any ika man that says he is igbo ,thats ok for him ,if it makes him proud of being a majority group, but i know majority of ika people reject this theory, or what else can i say in 1967 , majority of ikas rejected going along with the igbos , or is it agbotaen that made that up too? when the ika people stopped the celebration of igbo day in the 1930s in ika land , was i there ?
when igbanke said they want to join ika , did they ever mention that they want to join igbo ?
any way the internet is a place to write any you want ,if you like abuse me , it wont change my opinion ,
finally when nduka obaigbena was interviewed in newyork times and he said he is from ika tribe , did i also force him, we are very liberal people we do not lie, we know ika people migrated from many places,but we know where our core founders came from .
Piggy, why not post a link where Nduka said he is an Ikaman. Even at that, being Ika does not mean he is not Igbo at the same time.
Alright, am an Ibusaman, does that mean am not Igbo. Get a life shameless pig.

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2012
Let me take you through history,igbo bi nu zor-igbos that live along the road was changed to ibusor by the british,and from history ibusor were slaves and servants of ogwashi uku people when adaigbo one of the founders of ogwashi was coming from nri in anambra,that is why that town does not have a king,because they were under the domain of ogwashi,before they brake away.so you should face your igbo issues squarely ,ika is quite different from ibusor as our language is a mix of edo and igbo while ibusor is pure igbo,also ika culture is different from that of ibusor,as we have kingship with three chieftancy-town,palace and hereditory chiefs.does ibusor perform igue and ibiewere festivals, do you do ugbose,ikaba and ogbaligbe, and do you dance uje? This are all major benin festival that ika retains till date, the similarity ibusor have with ika will be in celebrating ikenga and new yam festivals which are igbo festivals.have you ever seen any ika king attending ohaneze meetings?the answer is no,you will see ibusor chiefs and big men there,unfortunately pat utomi from you town was denied support when he wanted to vie for president from this same people saying his name utomi is not an igbo name.of recent some asaba people and ibusor community were having land problem,the asaba people went to court to say they dont have boundary with ibusor,but with ogwashi.pls.mr ibusor face igbo issues and dont dabble into ika issues that you know nothing about,
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
no igbo propagandist ,. i dont have a job , may be you can give me one as iam a journalist and the assistant secretary general for Nigeria wushu kungfu federation , a sports federation under the national sports commission
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by onyeokwu: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
agbotaen: no igbo propagandist ,. i dont have a job , may be you can give me one as iam a journalist and the assistant secretary general for Nigeria wushu kungfu federation , a sports federation under the national sports commission

this monkey you still dey alive ?

why you no de respond again
any way i wish you well in your ika nation
ubosi nta ka anyi shio na owerre nchi

Ewu gboko cool
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by agbotaen: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
igbo propagandist are you people not tired of claiming other peoples land ,the ika people together with their the igbanke people assisted in expelling you people from their land , abeg if you no no history ask your papa them wetin happen for 1966 , them go tell .ika does not need igbo to survive period.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Elueme: 12:05am On Sep 16, 2012
Chyz*:
I've talked to each of the mentioned people personally. Eric Uwagbai, is a real open minded cool guy. They are all pretty good people though. I think though Gloria tries to distance herself from Igbo though. That type of attitude will only keep them in Edo state. I doubt she took all of the advice I gave her tho lipsrsealed
Reply a personnnal mail I will send you.. Need reach you ASAP
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Time to make ur voice heard.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by waternogetemeny: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
sad story
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by IGBOPRINCE: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
agbotaen:
i dont have a job ,may be you can provide one for me,ooo igbo man . and its a little good news for igbanke people as the government of edo is constructing one of the major road in the town, if igbanke people keep agitating they will get development, i dont think it is mainly an ethnic thing, i live in lagos ,and the same thing is happenning to towns near the border of ogun and lagos -there is little development there .can we say the government of lagos or ogun are tribalistic ? the answer is no , as these communities are yoruba communities.we do not force people to become what they are not , ika are ikas period , was there a time ika people in their majortiy belonged to any igbo group ? the answer is no , but we do realise that you can find some ika people amongst igbo ethnic organisations saying they are igbos , that is ok, as we know they are mostly people from ika eastern communities like igbodo,ekwuoma ,so its ok , but for majority of us we are ika .ika has never claimed to be bini ,so do not black mail us , but we recognise our brotherly blood relationship with them since ancient times and this cannot be broken ( we bear edo names, share culture with them and kingship traditions),so also we share certain culture with igbos too .we cannot deny that ,but the ika man is neither bini nor igbo , we are just ika. our brothers and neigbhours the bini have accepted this ,but this seems too hard for the average igbo man to accept,so they argue and rain curses on those ika people who do not see them selves as being igbo. but will quickly sing the praise of an ika who says he is igbo.
I love your comment,tell them..
Very wise comment..
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Ofodirinwa: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dede1:
@PhysicsQED, I read that some Bini princes have reiterated the fact the so-called Ijo are crewmen porters and migrant fishermen from distance place and had no iota of ancestral lineage with Bini as many goofy Nigerians had claimed.

I recall you smeared me in one of your previous posts on my stance that Ijo nation is a later day fantasy. It was shocker to read from your elaborated efforts that Ijo had no ancestral claim on Gelegele as Bini princes had stated.

@Post, it is a shame it took this long for the so-called Igbanke group to sniff reality of life from the tiny air. My people say that a person can not run away from his or her arse. There was a story on Samuel Ogbomudia who ran from Kaduna during the July 29, 1966 coup as he was being chased by Dimka and few drunken soldiers from the northern region of Nigeria. The story had it Ogbomudia ran passed his father’s compound, forgot his Bini connection and took refuge in Onicha. However during and after the civil war, he jolted his memory back and remembered his Bini links.

Any group such as Ika, Igbanke or Ikwerre which had cultural similarity with Ndigbo and had the audacity to publicly renounce such ancestral lineage with Ndigbo should not be allowed into the family fold of Ndigbo.     

I'll soon make a collection of people with fake Niger Delta Igbo accounts and their awkward 'Igbo' posts, like this one.
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Donarozzi: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
AndreUweh:

Ogbuefi1 is an Ika and a proud Igbo. He has been to many conferences where he has advocated for Igbo unity. His likes are the people we should look up to. He is a light to Igbo race.

https://www.nairaland.com/2515691/anioma-state-best-choice-ndigbo
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by Omololu007(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Why do ibos just love attachin diaself to oda group.where d igbanke pple under a ibo kingdom before,cos I don't know why dey are been force to b ibos
Re: Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State by ArodewilliamsT: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
agbotaen:
igbo propagandist are you people not tired of claiming other peoples land ,the ika people together with their the igbanke people assisted in expelling you people from their land , abeg if you no no history ask your papa them wetin happen for 1966 , them go tell .ika does not need igbo to survive period.

But u be bini na, why lamenting for the Aniomas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Unemployment Rate Falls From 25.1% To 19%, Obaseki Claims Achievement / Osun Tribunal: Oyetola, APC Cross Appeal, Insists Adeleke Forged Certificate / Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.