Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South (54985 Views)

2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

One thing I found out about you is that you like to lie to yourself a lot.

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

Now you are back with another round of self deception.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.
Do you live in Rivers? I know you're an igbo man and also an obi supporter, it's normal for people of your stock to hate wike grin grin.
I live in Rivers and wike is very influential. If he wasn't popular he won't pull off what he did he the last election without getting hurt. In the SS region James Ibori is the most influential, followed by Akpabio and wike. Core SS love wike not the hate filled obi supporters.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
Aiel123:

One has to be straightforward.
The most popular SS politician presently is Wike. He's on everyone's lips.
Akpabio is only confined to Ikot Ekpene,Oshiomole to Edo North, and Agege Delta central.

That's why I ranked wike first.but as SP he will eventually be on everyone's lips
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Aiel123: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,udom is not popular same as okowa.
You can't say Udom isn't popular.
There's also a thing as negative publicity ( popular for bad or wrong doing)
Being popular equates to being widely known.
Okowa is popular to an extent.
Running with Atiku plus the publicity of him renegading the south made him somehow popular.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by mrksquare: 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

How did apc come third

Like I told you some days back, I was in the field during the last election as an observer representing a CSO.

Everybody in Rivers state knows the election was rigged in favour of APC at the presidential election and PDP at the governorship election.

Even Asari just today confirmed that SIM was a product of rigging

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0eLiegLSb8odDXULCWFF6A1szYm3xr29R6hmb6o5zbKmDPdBu6xJuUM3Z1PQDy3dol&id=785203974&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2023
Aiel123:

You can't say Udom isn't popular.
There's also a thing as negative publicity ( popular for bad or wrong doing)
Being popular equates to being widely known.
Okowa is popular to an extent.
Running with Atiku plus the publicity of him renegading the south made him somehow popular.

People don't speak fondly of udom.if you are familiar with aks people,the love akpabio,oba and then onofiok luke.udom is just there like imoke.i believe that's how okowa is.okowa popularity is limited to anioma
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Aiel123: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

That's why I ranked wike first.but as SP he will eventually be on everyone's lips
Yeah.
Soon he will work his way to the top.
He is one of the few politicians that understand power and is loved.
I see Akpabio leading the onslaught against PDP in Aks( If Umo survives the court,he won't have it easy for reelection)
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Do you live in Rivers? I know you're an igbo man and also an obi supporter, it's normal for people of your stock to hate wike grin grin.
I live in Rivers and wike is very influential. If he wasn't popular he won't pull off what he did he the last election without getting hurt. In the SS region James Ibori is the most influential, followed by Akpabio and wike. Core SS love wike not the hate filled obi supporters.
Are you aware that there’s a huge difference between “being influential” and “being popular”?

If we are talking influence, nobody would deny Wike of being influential. But popularity? No.

IBB, TY Danjuma, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, etc, these men are influential but can rarely win their polling unit for anybody.

So, know the difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

By rigging election? The way Wike rigged Tinubu that came 3rd position to 1st position. The way Wike blatantly changed the result of Oyigbo, an Igbo enclave and gave it to Tinubu.

Until we stop playing to the gallery and telling ourselves the truth, Nigeria will never make a head way.

Amaechi is a sui generis. A very decent man. A politician per excellence.
What makes Amaechi a decent man? I know you hate wike but that doesn't change the fact that Amaechi is the biggest thief that ever ruled Rivers, during His tenure, there was a month Rivers got 100b from the FG, he still went on to steal as minister of transportation, who sent soldiers to kill people in Abonema? There's nothing descent about a man that is rumored to be a faggg, he doesn't have the people on his side that's why he was unable to win elections in Rivers. Only gullible people in Rivers believe Amaechi is a decent man

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Aiel123: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

People don't speak fondly of udom.if you are familiar with aks people,the love akpabio,oba and then onofiok luke.udom is just there like imoke.i believe that's how okowa is.okowa popularity is limited to anioma
You got what I was trying to pass.
Being popular is different from influential.
I will say Okowa is popular in his LGA. Not Anioma as a whole.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

Like I told you some days back, I was in the field during the last election as an observer representing a CSO.

Everybody in Rivers state knows the election was rigged in favour of APC at the presidential election and PDP at the governorship election.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0eLiegLSb8odDXULCWFF6A1szYm3xr29R6hmb6o5zbKmDPdBu6xJuUM3Z1PQDy3dol&id=785203974&mibextid=Nif5oz

But rivers from 1999 had been rigged so why complain now? Fubara was always going to win based on pdp and wike strength but from irev results,tinubu got 25% as I predicted.if it was amechi,tinubu wont see anything in rivers.were you in all the over 3000 polling units? Why must you conclude based on a handful
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

There's never been a free and fair election in Nigeria, talk to politicians around you. Ask them what it means to win an election? Many of you on the internet live in a bubble. The person that rigs the most comes out victorious.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Are you aware that there’s a huge difference between “being influential” and “being popular”?

If we are talking influence, nobody would deny Wike of being influential. But popularity? No.

IBB, TY Danjuma, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, etc, these men are influential but can rarely win their polling unit for anybody.

So, know the difference.

SS people don't like obi the way you think not against a lion like wike
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by richidinho(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Amechi was the sitting gov in 2015 polls.you can only rig where you are strong

And then he didnt have the federal might, federal govt can take any state they truly have interest on

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

So, know the difference.
He's influential and popular, Are you aware that he produced the majority and minority leader in the house the representative? The majority leader is an APC member from Edo state but he was wike's lecturer in school and he wrote a book on wike's governing style. Just today, a list of members appointed into the North East development board was sent to the Senate for approval and his ally and close friend and leader of PDP in ward 17 here in Obioakpor made the list. You're an obi supporter and your mind has been made up, no matter what he does you'll always hate him. It's normal.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by mrksquare: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
There's never been a free and fair election in Nigeria, talk to politicians around you. Ask them what it means to win an election? Many of you on the internet live in a bubble. The person that rigs the most comes out victorious.

Thank God you have acknowledged that fact. But @garfield1 is still wallowing in delusion to think that the outcome of the last presidential election was a reflection of the wishes of Rivers people.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
richidinho:

And then he didnt have the federal might, federal govt can take any state they truly have interest on

But amechi had federal might in 2019 and lost while wike won
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

Thank God you have acknowledged that fact. But @garfield1 is still wallowing in delusion to think that the outcome of the last presidential election was a reflection of the wishes of Rivers people.

I never said tinubu won rivers in reality.but he came second and got 25%
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
He's influential and popular, Are you aware that he produced the majority and minority leader in the house the representative? The majority leader is an APC member from Edo state but he was wike's lecturer in school and he wrote a book on wike's governing style. Just today, a list of members appointed into the North East development board was sent to the Senate for approval and his ally and close friend and leader of PDP in ward 17 here in Obioakpor made the list. You're an obi supporter and your mind has been made up, no matter what he does you'll always hate him. It's normal.
But are you aware that all the examples you have given here is example of “influence”, not “popularity”?

Can Wike walk the streets of Yenegoa and get hailed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Wike “rigged”….

Learn to be using the right register.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by richidinho(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

May be you have forgotten what happened to APc in 2019?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

Wike “rigged”….

Learn to be using the right register.

Rigging is normal in rivers.yiu were in love with pdp and wike so you never realized till now

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

But are you aware that all the examples you have given here is example of “influence”, not “popularity”?

Can Wike walk the streets of Yenegoa and get hailed?
Lol, Bayelsa people love wike more than his Rivers people, sylva has been everywhere with wike because of his elections, Diri had to beg ibori to settle their fight, Everyday people in Bayelsa pray and wish they had a governor like wike, I'm hosting a friend from Bayelsa this weekend, a senior civil servant in one of the institutions in Bayelsa and he loves wike. You're an igbo man, you think everyone hates wike like your people? Even amongst your Igbo people, he still has supporters especially in Abia State, when PDP lost in Abia, some PDP members called out ikpeazu for not having guts like wike. Wike also gave 500 traders in Ariaria 300m before the elections. Not everyone is hate filled like you people on the internet, if you meet wike today, you'll bow in deference despite your hatred for him

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

There's never been a free and fair election, when core politicians seat down to talk about winning elections, they strategize on how to RIG the election, reflection of wishes or not, the highest rigger always wins and you can't rig if you don't have the people on your side. That's why Amaechi failed in Abonema in 2019, he wanted to rig with the soldiers but the people came out to defend their votes.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
richidinho:

May be you have forgotten what happened to APc in 2019?

Buhari was on the ballot and he failed to deliver him.there was a rerun polls betwern 2016-2017 ,wike still rubbished amechi.whether wike is in power or not,he will floor amechi mercilessly
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:

Exactly,he is blinded by infatuation for saint obi.you mean frank achinike owo is in pdp?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by DeTribalisedCit: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
English isn't our mother tongue so you can forgive the OP. He/She and their cahoot think notorious and popular mean the same thing.

notorious : well-known for some bad or unfavourable quality, deed, etc; infamous. rare generally known or widely acknowledged.

popular: : liked or admired by many people or by a particular person or group

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Exactly,he is blinded by infatuation for saint obi.you mean frank achinike owo is in pdp?
Yes, that's wike's lawyer and brother. He's from choba in Obioakpor. He was former mayor of PHALGA and former attorney general
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Yes, that's wike's lawyer and brother. He's from choba in Obioakpor. He was former mayor of PHALGA and former attorney general

No,the former mayor is chimbiko akarolo.wike lawyer is Emma ukala
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by WorldRichest: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
Godwin Obaseki:
Resisted Lagos incursion into Edo politics

Yet you are all slaving in the same Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Norwichsailor(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
richidinho:

He was not the sitting governor and also not have the federal govt backing

LP won in all the SS states, ask people that were on ground

Okowa was so sure he will win Delta, thats was why he didnt do the rigging, even you garfield in all your analysis you thought that PDP will win Edo and Delta.

Akpabio is only popular in Ikot Ekpene senatorial district as you said, as it is he cannot win in the state generally except rigging
So delusional grin
Where LP lost is rigged
Where they won is free and fair.
Weirdo

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Lol, he has so many lawyers, oke wali is also his lawyer. When sanwo olu visited wike at his residence, he introduced him as his lawyer. Read up in frank owhor on Wikipedia, he was former mayor in the 80's or 90's
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / APC Presidential Rally: Ilorin Residents Reject Buhari, Sweeps Off Bad Luck Pics / Pastor Paul Enenche Reacts To 2023 Elections (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.