Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South (54975 Views)

2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Pat081: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

Lol.....why u dey mumu urself like dis? I already told you to go rest your brain before you run mad. You've been restless and all over the place in the past few days.

Tinubu won his polling unit. By the way, it's foolishness to say Buhari lost aso rock polling unit. Is aso rock polling unit Buhari's polling unit? Does Buhari vote in aso rock? Suddenly you don't know Buhari's polling unit in Daura anymore? Stop to dey mumu na.

Below are Tinubu's polling unit results

APC....33
LP.....8
PDP....1
Ypp.....1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/tinubu-wins-polling-unit-with-33-votes-as-obi-atiku-trail/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjKjtSW26mAAxXUnFwKHSmcCxwQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3UOlaUqMC9RUtj-3920RX7
l just see that you have brain lost Tinubu lost his unit to LP if not by the grace of God, the governor should have b at home now
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
D all failed angry
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Harrynight(m): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Remove Otu from the list
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Justiceleague1: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Omo agege is just empty
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Shattuck(m): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

And after that what next? Can he win elections outside govt?
I think you are getting it all wrong here when you say the most popular, are you talking about popularity as a public political capital or just popularity, because there are some popularity that hinders your political growth, popularity as a political capital I"ll say udom, and maybe Donald duke, but just popularity maybe wike, but wike can never win a free and fair election over either Donald duke or Emmanuel udom.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Bluntemperor: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:
Oshiomhole
Wike
Akpabio
In that order. Others no get level.
Wike is a formidable political ally. He'll give you results any time any day.

You ve got sense!
What is the noise of being Popular, without results - without winning and delivering the votes of the electorates?
The reason why Govnr Wike- is hated by SE and some few SS politicians and their Social Media gullibles is simply because he delivered his base- Rivers State,to President Tinubu,et all!
So,you should expect them to rant whenever his name is mentioned!
But they failed to understand or being selfish, that without Wike,El- Rufai,the body language of the then Cabal,were Not ready to let go the President to the Southerners,in the first place!
' We owned Rivers and We MUST Win Lagos'
How Una de now?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penfriend: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

One thing I found out about you is that you like to lie to yourself a lot.

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

Now you are back with another round of self deception.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.
100% correct
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by crowther15(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

Go sleep joor. You need a brain rest.

Somebody that delivered the entire Rivers State to his PDP from governor to senators to reps members to assembly members and delivered the state for Tinubu is not popular? With all the obidiotssssss noises in Rivers State,the LP couldn't win a single seat anywhere in Rivers State.

Your tears and pains of defeat won't change facts.
See people deceiving themselves.... If you read what he posted above, Wike would not win in a free and fair election. Did APC win in Rivers during presidential election? All agencies collated their results, and it show that LP won in Rivers fair and square, but for INECN and Wike.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Chucks13: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Which kind list is this, so Gej no dey influential abi?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penfriend: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

Somebody that delivered the entire Rivers State to his PDP from governor to senators to reps members to assembly members and delivered the state for Tinubu is not popular? With all the obidiotssssss noises in Rivers State,the LP couldn't win a single seat anywhere in Rivers State.

he delivered or he rigged ? Cos we in Port Harcourt loved Obi so much and we never voted for Tinubu
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penfriend: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
oga I'm from SS, and have a permanent engagement in rivers, omoku precisely, from on ground observation, wike is very popular here in South South, in fact wike is the most influential opposition from the south south.
Oga am from Port Harcourt, choba to be precised... Wike is the most hated politician in the whole of south south at the moment cos of wat he did to Obi

U don't rly know how People here love Obi like their own flesh and blood... People here can die for Obi course.... Come to Rivers to confirm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by saintruky(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Southern rogues u mean
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Menclothing: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
This is nice
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

To them, he rigged all the elections. He held their hands or commanded them to sleep off while he was busy rigging.
Always giving excuses and playing victim.😂😂😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by billyG(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
How does election riggers equate to popularity?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by article1: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

He was never popular please
He was very popular and indluencial. He was not being called Mr. Fix for nothing
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Curious345: 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Every single person on this list has a case file with the EFCC .

SS is a Sodom and Gomorrah of CORRUPTION
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by casualobserver: 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
helinues:
What about GEJ?

Who is he?

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by casualobserver: 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Those were the days of writing results.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by ehikwe22: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
One of the strongest politician from South South that people disregard is Okowa. Okowa is stronger and has more influence than all the politicians listed above by far - maybe he's not considered because he's in the opposition. What exactly did Wike do that people rate him? Turning his state to battleground because of power? He only breeder hate upon himself and nothing popular about him - he's infamous and notorious please understand the difference
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by casualobserver: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

One thing I found out about you is that you like to lie to yourself a lot.

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

Now you are back with another round of self deception.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.

You people are so deluded and far removed from reality it is unreal. You live in an alternate universe.

Wike struggling to get post? If any name is guaranteed to be on the list it is Wike. Who does he want to give? Magnus that left APC and campaigned for SDP candidate even though we know he is Tinubu’s man? Cole that campaigned for Atiku? You guys should try and comment in a way that shows not all your brain cells are completely fried!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by ehikwe22: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You ve got sense!
What is the noise of being Popular, without results - without winning and delivering the votes of the electorates?
The reason why Govnr Wike- is hated by SE and some few SS politicians and their Social Media gullibles is simply because he delivered his base- Rivers State,to President Tinubu,et all!
So,you should expect them to rant whenever his name is mentioned!
But they failed to understand or being selfish, that without Wike,El- Rufai,the body language of the then Cabal,were Not ready to let go the President to the Southerners,in the first place!
' We owned Rivers and We MUST Win Lagos'
How Una de now?

Did he deliver? That kindergarten rigging is what you call delivered? Rigged and not able to cover his tracks is delivered? His candidate lost in Rivers and he's one of the evidence that will be used to cancel the election
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Realguyman1(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

But was the most influential? For u to have said Antony Anenih was not popular then indicates clearly that you are still a kid.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Realguyman1:
But was the most influential then

Yes
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
[quote author=Penguin2 post=124645771]
Well, even Hitler had supporters…

But what I’m saying is that Wike is not anything close to what the OP described him as.[/quote

You are not wise!! The OP said he's popular, he didn't state the reasons behind his popularity, he's just very popular!! If he's popular for these reasons, that means that's exactly why the people love him and cast their votes for him and whoever he supports
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
article1:
He was very popular and indluencial. He was not being called Mr. Fix for nothing

Did the masses like him? He was not grassrooted,was a rigger and was only popular with the elites

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Shattuck:
I think you are getting it all wrong here when you say the most popular, are you talking about popularity as a public political capital or just popularity, because there are some popularity that hinders your political growth, popularity as a political capital I"ll say udom, and maybe Donald duke, but just popularity maybe wike, but wike can never win a free and fair election over either Donald duke or Emmanuel udom.

Wike will thrash udom.i must admit,duke is popular

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
mastermaestro:

Go back to bed this boy. This shows you are either a teenager or a newbie in matters of politics. Anenih, a whole BoT chairman whom Obj dreaded? Na small pikin dey worry you. grin

If he was dreaded,it means he was notorious not popular.i can agree that he was somehow influential
Roger3D:
All bloody criminals and nothing else

Who isn't a criminal in politiy
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
sonofthunder:

Omo Age is popular but not influential.... The last election proved that especially on a national scale

I agree.his popularity is limited to a portion of urhoboland esp ughelli/ethiope axis
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

That you didn’t see the ministerial list doesn’t mean others have not seen it or at least know its content.

What you must know is that it wike is not there,his stooge will be there.it is not even politically wise for him to be a minister or accept any appointee for now.it is best he remains a godfather..
As you can see, majority of SS members here agree wike is popular.
Your kinsman hon Ben kalu has presided over the house of reps in the last two weeks.he is doing well.i fear he may lose at the courts

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Roger3D(m): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Who isn't a criminal in politiy
No saints in politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Onnoghen Leaves Court After CCT Banned Him For 10 Years / Reno Omokri Reacts As Trump Sends Soldiers To Rescue 1 Man, Calls Out Buhari / Governor Fayose's Prediction On Bukola Saraki Has Come To Pass. (see Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.