Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South (54911 Views)

2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
Cromagnon:
but he was influential

Yes to an extent
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
Owologbo:

But you are writing about SS.
Why not write on your region and end it there?
over Sabi.

I am from yakurr lga,cross river state
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Peppysco: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
seanfer:
Used to be Tony Anineh of the blessed memory....

Oshiomole's achievement in his first term in office was removing Tony Anineh's blueprint from Edo's politics. Guy had banners everywhere, with Tony Anineh's pictures, saying, 'the end of godfathernism in Edo's politics'. I guess the supposed Nairand hard nigga, Slawlomir or whatever wasn't even born or matured then. But, they'll all come out yarning dusts planted in their nano brains, saying things only their elder ought to know.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Dspsalvate: 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2023
I'VE NOT COME ACROSS SOME ONE WITH BRAIN BEFORE..........
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
ttobizz:

Maybe he should have sold his state for a pot of Portage just like Wike

Oshiomhole won his polling unit, ward, LGA, district overwhelming in the same state. Go sleep joor
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
NEIGHBOUR:

To them, he rigged all the elections. He held their hands or commanded them to sleep off while he was busy rigging.
Always giving excuses and playing victim.😂😂😂

Don't mind the pained losers jooor
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penfriend:
he delivered or he rigged ? Cos we in Port Harcourt loved Obi so much and we never voted for Tinubu

Anywhere obi lost he was rigged but everywhere he won it was free and fair. Bad losers!
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
crowther15:

See people deceiving themselves.... If you read what he posted above, Wike would not win in a free and fair election. Did APC win in Rivers during presidential election? All agencies collated their results, and it show that LP won in Rivers fair and square, but for INECN and Wike.

Tinubu won Rivers State. If you think otherwise go and prove it in court.

What happened to LP in the other elections? Did they win anywhere? No senate,no reps, no state assembly nothing. Oga go sleep joor.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by AmazingELixir: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Penguin2:

One thing I found out about you is that you like to lie to yourself a lot.

This was how you were assigning funny figures to Atiku and Tinubu in the Southeast and Southsouth before the elections; I told you it won’t happen but you argued you a are a professor of ‘real politick’.

What later happened? Tinubu and Atiku both struggled to get up to 5% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Southsouth wasn’t any different either but for INEC’s rigging.

Now you are back with another round of self deception.

I can take what you said about other people because they appear realistic but how did you arrive at your conclusion about Wike?

Let me tell you the reality on ground, like I told you before the elections, Wike is the most hated politician in Rivers State in particular, and the entire Southsouth in general, as of today. If he contests in a free and fair House of Assembly election today, he would fail even if his opponent is a stone.

What you are mistaking for popularity is just his network of criminal structure within the PDP across some Southsouth states. But for the fact that these guys are associating with him alone, they have lost popularity just like Wike.

Things were even better for Wike before the election. But after doing what he did during the election, he buried himself by himself. That’s why he’s struggling to get a post in Tinubu’s govt so he can stay relevant.

As you didn’t before the election, I don’t expect you to believe what I’ve said here, not like I care, I just wanted to state the facts as they are; like I always do.

grin grin grin

After Wike show una shege for last election....each time he is mentioned your blood boils.

Well we the south south people think Wike is the political bulldozers of the region and his influence
extends beyond.

The PDP primaries proves that.....he was on his way to defeat Atiku before Tambuwal gave him a brutal back stab.

So youngman don't mix up emotions with facts on ground....I know the bitter pill Wike served you guys is still very much fresh in your memory.. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You ve got sense!
What is the noise of being Popular, without results - without winning and delivering the votes of the electorates?
The reason why Govnr Wike- is hated by SE and some few SS politicians and their Social Media gullibles is simply because he delivered his base- Rivers State,to President Tinubu,et all!
So,you should expect them to rant whenever his name is mentioned!
But they failed to understand or being selfish, that without Wike,El- Rufai,the body language of the then Cabal,were Not ready to let go the President to the Southerners,in the first place!
' We owned Rivers and We MUST Win Lagos'
How Una de now?

Don't mind those clowns jooor. They've now shifted their foolishness to the Judges. Bitter losers!

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by ehikwe22: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Oshiomhole has never delivered Edo at the presidential level but he delivered his zone 100% to apc outside power yet okowa that was a governor and running mate failed woefully.rigging is part of Nigeria's politics.
Wike has always rigged rivers.this is how pdp has been winning rivers.you just realized because he supported APC
Rigging is not a test of popularity. I'm sure Okowa also put mechanism in place to rig but when it didn't work out he didn't push it like Wine did. Wine only embarrassed himself. Like I said earlier, this presidential election is a complete exception, there has never been a movement as strong and united as the obedient movement - anybody that contested against him from the South South and South East would have lost in their state - absolutely no exception. Except you want to tell me nobody is popular and influential. using the Presidential election is completely flawed
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Pat081:
l just see that you have brain lost Tinubu lost his unit to LP if not by the grace of God, the governor should have b at home now

Even after posting links to Tinubu's polling unit results, you're still fooling your family on nairaland. Well, I don't expect less from a mugu who believed there was a jubril from Sudan in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by SledgeHammerer: 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bfly:

Why do you refer to politicians who commit

criminal acts as influential?

Politics is a game of results not empty noise. If you think a crime has been committed, go to court and prove it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
ehikwe22:

Rigging is not a test of popularity. I'm sure Okowa also put mechanism in place to rig but when it didn't work out he didn't push it like Wine did. Wine only embarrassed himself. Like I said earlier, this presidential election is a complete exception, there has never been a movement as strong and united as the obedient movement - anybody that contested against him from the South South and South East would have lost in their state - absolutely no exception. Except you want to tell me nobody is popular and influential. using the Presidential election is completely flawed

Oga,outside rigging oshiomhole and akpabio are very popular among their people.besides, rigging work where a party or candidate is popular.the buhari movement is far more stronger than obidient movement

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
The most popular politician from the South South remains Goodluck Jonathan.

You cannot claim to be popular if you haven't been elected into a public office with votes outside your state of origin.

All those politicians listed up there fall into the same category.
By virtue of everything Gej is never a politician,mama peace is more of politician than him.he is politician by accident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by lexy2014: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:
Wike: his popularity cuts across the 6 SS states.he dominates SS politics,is loved and adored by the SS people.he controls pdp faction in cross river,sponsored ypp candidate senator oba who was in pdp,sponsored a faction of the pdp in Edo led by Dan orbih.his influence also extends to anambra apc and some northern states.

Oshiomhole: as an opposition candidate, he defeated pdp in edo.he was the second person to sack a pdp governor in the south and third overall.he is fanatically loved in the Edo north zone of Edo and large parts of edo.him and akpabio are the only ones able to deliver their districts to tinubu.oshiomhole also delivered his district to apc in 2015 and 2019.he crushed the obidient movement or tsunami in the north of Edo and humiliated shuaibu in his polling unit.

Akpabio: he delivered his zone to tinubu and overran obi in akwa ibom.he also helped to get 25% for buhari in 2029.he is madly loved in his ikot ekpene district and by virtue of being SP,he is the leader of apc in SS.

Governor Prince Otu: if not for the calabar metropolis,he would have won the southern zone for tinubu and perhaps the entire state.he is very popular.

David Lyon: he is popular in bayelsa but has failed to exert his influence since his ouster Hy the apex court.in the last two election,apc lost scandalously so his popularity is suspect.

Omo Agege: if he had returned to the senate,he would be SP.he failed to deliver for tinubu and struggled to win his zone during the guber but delivered two senate and a reps seat.

Magnus Abe: he is very popular among his ogoni people.

Of what benefit is their popularity and influence to the people of south south and to Nigerians in general?

Why celebrating people whose only agenda is to enrich themselves and secure the future of their children and not to serve nigerians?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
AmazingELixir:

grin grin grin

After Wike show una shege for last election....each time he is mentioned your blood boils.

Well we the south south people think Wike is the political bulldozers of the region and his influence
extends beyond.

The PDP primaries proves that.....he was on his way to defeat Atiku before Tambuwal gave him a brutal back stab.

So youngman don't mix up emotions with facts on ground....I know the bitter pill Wike served you guys is still very much fresh in your memory.. grin
No mind those Igbo people, they go die of depression and frustration because of wike, I wonder how they'll react when his name appears on the ministerial list, many of them will probably drink sniper. To put the final nail on the coffin, if he's given a portfolio like Niger delta, he's going to win more people in the SS over by his performance and cover more ground, that way he's aspiration to become president or vice will be certain considering the fact that he has allies in the west, all he has to do is to team up with a strong northerner, I don't think he cares about the SE because politically they are useless. He needs SS, SW and the North to be president or vice.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by vanitybutiwanti: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
ehikwe22:

Embarrassed who? You're a political illiterate? Who's okowa? If you have any core politician around you, ask them what they think about wike, wike is a politician favorite politician, you know nothing.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by ehikwe22: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,outside rigging oshiomhole and akpabio are very popular among their people.besides, rigging work where a party or candidate is popular.the buhari movement is far more stronger than obidient movement
You obviously don't know Okowa. Right from councillorship to governorship, he's never lost an election. Even when Ibori brought out Uduaghan to succeed him and Okowa contested against Uduaghan, Okowa won Iboris anointed in the primary even when Ibori was still Governor. Ibori begged Okowa for him to step down for Uduaghan. After Uduaghan, he sponsored two Agbor politicians to run against Okowa while secretly carrying Edevie but Okowa effortlessly dismantled all the structure put in place by Uduaghan to emerge the flag bearer.
Okowa has won lots of house of assembly and House of Rep seats with accord when he was just a commissioner and SSG. In those elections, primary elections were not conducted by PDP, Uduaghan would just pick an anointed candidate and declare him/her the flag bearer, Okowa in turn would field Hus candidates in a different party and they effortlessly win the anointed candidate of the governor. I don't blame you for not knowing all this - he is not a noise maker.

Buhari movement in the north being spearheaded by some illiterate almajiri cannot be compared to obidient movement. Obi effortlessly won in all the civilized societies and institutions without any rigging mechanism. Buhari only won because he had Obama on his side who recruited British prime minister, German Chancellor and French president against GEJ and also blackmailed GEJ with Jega. Mega was obviously partisan but GEJ couldn't remove him when it became obvious he was having secret meetings with US because GEJ was weak and didn't want to set Nigeria ablaze.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by AmazingELixir: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
mrksquare:

By rigging election? The way Wike rigged Tinubu that came 3rd position to 1st position. The way Wike blatantly changed the result of Oyigbo, an Igbo enclave and gave it to Tinubu.

Until we stop playing to the gallery and telling ourselves the truth, Nigeria will never make a head way.

Amaechi is a sui generis. A very decent man. A politician per excellence.

grin

Is it thesame Amaechi that nearly finished Rivers People in 2015 elections with fierce looking soldiers who were shooting and snatching ballot boxes or the one that said he doesn’t like money yet cannot account for proceeds of the sale of Rivers state assets...Youngman stop reasoning upside down.

Better wake up..sui generis indeed. grin
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by EFABBES(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
AmazingELixir:

grin

Is it thesame Amaechi that nearly finished Rivers People in 2015 elections with fierce looking soldiers who were shooting and snatching ballot boxes or the one that said he doesn’t like money yet cannot account for proceeds of the sale of Rivers state assets...Youngman stop reasoning upside down.

Better wake up..sui generis indeed. grin
garfield1:
Wike: his popularity cuts across the 6 SS states.he dominates SS politics,is loved and adored by the SS people.he controls pdp faction in cross river,sponsored ypp candidate senator oba who was in pdp,sponsored a faction of the pdp in Edo led by Dan orbih.his influence also extends to anambra apc and some northern states.

Oshiomhole: as an opposition candidate, he defeated pdp in edo.he was the second person to sack a pdp governor in the south and third overall.he is fanatically loved in the Edo north zone of Edo and large parts of edo.him and akpabio are the only ones able to deliver their districts to tinubu.oshiomhole also delivered his district to apc in 2015 and 2019.he crushed the obidient movement or tsunami in the north of Edo and humiliated shuaibu in his polling unit.

Akpabio: he delivered his zone to tinubu and overran obi in akwa ibom.he also helped to get 25% for buhari in 2029.he is madly loved in his ikot ekpene district and by virtue of being SP,he is the leader of apc in SS.

Governor Prince Otu: if not for the calabar metropolis,he would have won the southern zone for tinubu and perhaps the entire state.he is very popular.

David Lyon: he is popular in bayelsa but has failed to exert his influence since his ouster Hy the apex court.in the last two election,apc lost scandalously so his popularity is suspect.

Omo Agege: if he had returned to the senate,he would be SP.he failed to deliver for tinubu and struggled to win his zone during the guber but delivered two senate and a reps seat.

Magnus Abe: he is very popular among his ogoni people.

You speak for your self and non knowledgeable self and short of memory 😜
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by IncredibleWrite: 12:00am On Jul 26, 2023
kokorokoman:
oga I'm from SS, and have a permanent engagement in rivers, omoku precisely, from on ground observation, wike is very popular here in South South, in fact wike is the most influential opposition from the south south.
His opinion holds true for we here in Port Harcourt after what Wike did in the elections. People felt insulted by the level of rigging and that translated to hate and resentment for the man Wike. Do you genuinely think Tinubu won in Rivers?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Tboymessiah(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2023
seanfer:
Used to be Tony Anineh of the blessed memory....

Who tell sey Baba fix it don die, please be careful how u wish ppu death
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by kokorokoman: 12:51am On Jul 26, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Stop being du mb abeg, the guy you are arguing with said in a free and fair election.

If you really have sense, you have seen the comma in the last general election in Rivers.

PDP cleared all the state level and national assembly elections but lost by a big margin in the presidential election.

Why are you just du mb?

Aside his rigging, there are politiams that will wipe him silly in a free election.

Is it not the same Wike that Patience was at his mercy years ago?

Abegi, you mu²
deaf goat, see this foolish dog pikin that can't reason logically calling his mother mumu.

Goat, wike supported PDP at hoa, reps and senate and guber and he won, he supported APC for presidency and he won.

Can you prove or have you been able to prove that the elections were not free and fair in rivers, or you think politics is mumu social media noise.

This dog shit calling names that can't install a successor and comparing them with wike that cleared everything contestable in his state.
But you all were hailing him when he came to Edo State to support obaseki to victory.

Is there a single politician in Nigeria that doesn't play dirty politics, no, there is None. keep deceiving your foolish self there.
Ewu.
See if you reply me again with nonsense , na better thunder go fire that your useless foolish mother.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 1:01am On Jul 26, 2023
garfield1:

He was never popular please

Someone from Osogbo in Osun State who knows nothing about South-South is here blabbing total rubbish about SS. Ozun!

I can now confirm it that you're really a kid for saying Tony Anenih was not popular.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by YorubaPrince: 1:10am On Jul 26, 2023
James Ibori Bastard nko?

E no go better for James Ibori and all his relatives and generations to come. Amen! angry
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penfriend: 1:14am On Jul 26, 2023
SledgeHammerer:

Anywhere obi lost he was rigged but everywhere he won it was free and fair. Bad losers!
small boi... I can't argue with u
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 1:29am On Jul 26, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
He has allies in sokoto, wammako and the sultan of sokoto visited him in his private residence so what are you on about. You people keep insulting him, the same way you insulted Tinubu, I won't be surprised if he becomes president or vice president tomorrow, all your threats and empty chests beating ends online. Real life is different from fantasy.
The question was, is Wike popular in Sokoto since he also donated money there?

And you are telling me about Sultan and Wamako. Does the two men you mentioned equate to popularity?
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 1:40am On Jul 26, 2023
garfield1:

What you must know is that it wike is not there,his stooge will be there.it is not even politically wise for him to be a minister or accept any appointee for now.it is best he remains a godfather..
As you can see, majority of SS members here agree wike is popular.
Your kinsman hon Ben kalu has presided over the house of reps in the last two weeks.he is doing well.i fear he may lose at the courts
Nobody of another political party won anything in Abia, and across Southeast, largely, on the day of presidential election. Southeast people voted LP top to bottom especially in Abia.

If our judiciary was to work, Orji Uzor Kalu would lose his seat if he’s being challenged in court.

Ben Kalu should lose his seat.

Umahi should lose his seat.

Same with all National Assembly members from Ebonyi that are of the APC.

The same in Imo.

The only few people that are of another party that I think genuinely won their elections are Ifeanyi Uba, the PDP guy that won one Senatorial Seat in Enugu, I think Chinedu Ogar also genuinely won his seat (he’s popular in Ikwo); another other person got his position through rigging.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 1:43am On Jul 26, 2023
forayfleo:
you talk anyhow my humble self have a very strong national platform when Wike is my Principal and let me open your eyes Wike is a minister without struggle with a powerful portfolio do take it to the bank and Tinubu remain our President like or hate it
I will remind you of the bolded after Supreme Court ruling in November.

I might even start after PEPT ruling in late August or early September.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by Penguin2: 1:45am On Jul 26, 2023
AmazingELixir:

grin grin grin

extends beyond.

Wike will never amount to anything politically on the national level as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Not Vice Presidency, not presidency.

Go and write this in your diary.
Re: The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South by garfield1: 2:03am On Jul 26, 2023
Penguin2:

Nobody of another political party won anything in Abia, and across Southeast, largely, on the day of presidential election. Southeast people voted LP top to bottom especially in Abia.

If our judiciary was to work, Orji Uzor Kalu would lose his seat if he’s being challenged in court.

Ben Kalu should lose his seat.

Umahi should lose his seat.

Same with all National Assembly members from Ebonyi that are of the APC.

The same in Imo.

The only few people that are of another party that I think genuinely won their elections are Ifeanyi Uba, the PDP guy that won one Senatorial Seat in Enugu, I think Chinedu Ogar also genuinely won his seat (he’s popular in Ikwo); another other person got his position through rigging.

Even at the height of Buhari's popularity in 2015,apc didn't win all the seats in the north how much more obi.if abaribe that has no project in his constituency can win,is it ouk that cannot win? Kalu has always been popular in abia north,he has the highest amount of constituency projects in se.bende is no go area.uche ogar even had to sabotage onyejeocha for his bros to win.i don't know whether Miriam or the apc guys in imo are popular but I know Charles of lp is no match for izunaso.is it now you are realizing the popularity of chinedu ogah?
Majority of those voting obi were only concerned about him not the nass candidates so you can't expect them to sweep all seats.if you check the winning margin of lp candidates,it was lower.only candidates that are very popular in their zones could withstajd the obi tsunami.obi had over 90% in each se state meaning that almost every Igbo across party lines voted for him.trying to rig on that day might result to lynching or violence.it was suicidal.if a master rigger like ikpeazu abd ugwuanyi couldn't rig with all their incumbency,ouk and all apc candidates had no chance to rig.hope could only deliver his lga.outside se,states where obi won in ss,lp had little or no nass victories except in edo.lp had one seat in CRS.the bvas prevented the rigging,therefore vote buying was the best way

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Oba Of Benin Receives Bronze Head & Cockerel Returned From The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.