Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? (18678 Views)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Charmingrascal(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
Good morning Nairalanders
I would like to seek your advice. I'm presently working at a farm company where I hold the post of Assistant Manager. Forget the position I hold oo cause the salary is less than 60k.
Due to the harsh economy, we are currently facing, the CEO said he does not have the power to pay our salary again and that we should find a way to generate income to pay our salary.
It won't be hard for my team to generate income to pay salary but we would have problems with the CEO cause he's the kind of person that loves taking over any money we make from the farm

SEAP FARM
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Tboymessiah(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
I would like to seek your advice. I'm presently working at a farm company where I hold the post of Assistant Manager. Forget the position I hold oo cause the salary is less than 60k.
Due to the harsh economy, we are currently facing, the CEO said he does not have the power to pay our salary again and that we should find a way to generate income to pay our salary.
It won't be hard for my team to generate income to pay salary but we would have problems with the CEO cause he's the kind of person that loves taking over any money we make from the farm

My questions is this:
1, what do you guy deal with in the farm is it livestock or crop farming?
2, ho did he want u guys to generate income in the farm to pay.

I also have a farm I run!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by GRACEGLORY: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
AntiChristian:
I am tired! I want to resign too!

It's more life threatening if you resign without having what to cushion the effect... Stay at it until you have a solid backup plan
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Chivik93(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
dont leave the job if you dont have any other one,"a bird at hand is worth morethanten in the bush", if you can't cope with your current job, just hold on a little, while you look for another, peace✌!
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by AfroBeatDiary: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Will you like to work with me for a 5% share (subject to change as we expand) of our farm? This is the project idea if you game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVPkRW3p2E.

Or better still start yours, Agric is a way to go.
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by AfroBeatDiary: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Not as you think my brother
The CEO can drag anybody to court once he know you are cheating him

How large is his farm?
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Georgejeez: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
Due to the harsh economy, we are currently facing, the CEO said he does not have the power to pay our salary again and [/b]that we should find a way to generate income to pay our salary.[b]

Simple , sell the Poultry eggs or lease out a portion of the Farm land to a Sand Excavating Company to generate your salaries , shikina ...

Meanwhile I started my own Poultry with just a feather ...
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by dboY1123(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Please OP I need a job, any part I can fit in..I can work any where..I'm desperately in need of a Job
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by pfadom: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
You know the answer already. Knowing that the company owner would love to eat where he didn't show.

Since you already know that the proceeds of your efforts would certainly end in the belly of the overall boss, you need not waste your time and energy in the company.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by braine(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Have him sign an agreement to make it official. Doing this comes with its downsides tho.
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Tboymessiah:
NasoLifeBe!!!

My questions is this:
1, what do you guy deal with in the farm is it livestock or crop farming?
2, ho did he want u guys to generate income in the farm to pay.

I also have a farm I run!!!!!

We deal with livestock and cassava
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
ItisWell22:

You mentioned that you and your team could make some money for yourselves in the business, but fear that your boss may just be too greedy to keep it all for himself. Right?

Secondly, you don’t have enough capital to start out on your own right now. Right?

Now, I suggested you work with your team in a way you don’t get into trouble and manage the stipend you may be able to “dodge” from your greedy boss while making plans to do better for yourself.

Outside tough oh, unless you be patient beggar. 🤧

Second, you no get capital yet.
Why not stay there, especially if it’s a line you hope to venture into personally and keep learning or getting better at it?

I think you should only leave if there’s no hope of shi-shi at all- at all and increasing knowledge!

Thank you so much brother
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
dboY1123:

Please OP I need a job, any part I can fit in..I can work any where..I'm desperately in need of a Job
I won't advise you to work in my company cause you may lose your mental health.
That's the only advise I can give you as a fellow nairalander

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by ItisWell22(f): 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Thank you so much brother

You’re welcome brother. 🙏

It’s a sister… 😁✌️
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by online4business: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:

Why not make an agreement with the CEO.

If there's no concrete agreement that's when your CEO will take money away.

As you dey work dey plan your exist ooo.

Save money for the future oo
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Meerahbel: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
Open a Company and make the company a vendor to your current company. Case closed
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by online4business: 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
Why not make an agreement with the CEO.

If there's no concrete agreement that's when your CEO will take money away.

As you dey work dey plan your exist ooo.

Save money for the future oo
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by WantsandMore: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
It's simple nah. Do you've a legal team in the company to put up with legality & framework in writing? Consider the facts that if you can generate money then there's a liable cause of losing money, hw do you intend to deal with losses, profit and the rest? Discuss this, reach a reasonable ratio and put everything in writing. Don't forget this is where negotiations will be a very important tool. Goodluck
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by cpu2006(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
Battlefield2:
Make una siddown with your team one on one with d CEO o
Don't rush and goan resign o,if u do,another person from your team will take over your position in the blink of an eye grin
Nigeria is bleeding,there is nothing outside brother

follow the advise pls. outside is very dry pls
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by extol1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Weedhustler:
If only u can think outside the box,u should be making more money than the owner of the farm. Use ur 6!
Can you please teach other ways to make money
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Relixy2k: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
Won't advise you resign before seeing another job but the solution is to see yourself as completely jobless, apply to other farms or agricultural establishment where your experience count. Also at the same time, apply everywhere you can get job with extreme passion, dress up your CV well till you get a job then resign.
Dickcap:

Does it worth staying even when salary is not involved anymore. If he implement no salary this month, would you advise me to stay or I should resign and think outside the box for myself?
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by fx45(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackmrandy:
..IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO GENERATE MONEY TO PAYYOURSELF, WHILE ARE YOU STILL THERE. WHY NOT USE THAT IDEA AND TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU RIGHT NOW TO PAYYOURSELF MORE AND MORE.
Having an idea is one thing, having the required capital to execute is entirely a different ball game. Right now he's leveraging on the structures put together by the CEO.

By the way, what exactly would someone be doing in an organization if he's not generating money for the company?

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by ppogba: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Battlefield2:
Make una siddown with your team one on one with d CEO o
Don't rush and goan resign o,if u do,another person from your team will take over your position in the blink of an eye grin
Nigeria is bleeding,there is nothing outside brother

Whenever a roll call of people with sense is being made on Nairaland, please be bold enough to raise your hand.
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Ynix(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
Exit, chat me up on 08184397113 I will give you an info that will change your career. It's a funding opportunity for agric startups
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by barajo1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
Dickcap:
which kind of farm? Which state?
If it is poultry and you are experienced, also living in southwest contact me.
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Chetas81(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
Thank god for nairaland, as some our citizens cannot decide their own future, they must need advice from the people who refused to get it right till today 😬

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by clinician2x: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO GENERATE MONEY TO PAYYOURSELF, WHILE ARE YOU STILL THERE. WHY NOT USE THAT IDEA AND TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU RIGHT NOW TO PAYYOURSELF MORE AND MORE.

If he quit the job he go use him prick generate the money abi. Him prick will become a generator

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Dickcap: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
barajo1:
which kind of farm? Which state?
If it is poultry and you are experienced, also living in southwest contact me.

It's pig farm
Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by occfx: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackmrandy:

IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO GENERATE MONEY TO PAYYOURSELF, WHILE ARE YOU STILL THERE. WHY NOT USE THAT IDEA AND TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU RIGHT NOW TO PAYYOURSELF MORE AND MORE.

CEO is indirectly telling them they are not productive wants them to resign by themselves so that there will be no pay off

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? by Skillsnigeria: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Unvaccinated Civil Servants Allowed Into Offices In Abuja (Photos) / Jarushub Career Tips / Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.