Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video (60983 Views)

Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / Logos Olori's 'Jaye Lo' Video Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by chisomkachy: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
Davido has unfollowed Isreal ‘DMW’ Afeare on Instagram shortly after his logistics manager issued an apology to the Muslim community on his behalf.

The Afrobeats singer had provoked widespread criticism following the controversial music video of his newly signed artiste Logos Olori.

In the short clip for the song titled ‘Jaye Lo’, some men dressed in white Jalabiya could be seen dancing in front of a mosque.

Although Davido took down the video on Monday, some Muslims still demanded a public apology from the singer.

Some youths recently took to the streets of Maiduguri, Borno state capital, to register their displeasure with Davido and set a large banner of the singer on fire.

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) also called on the Department of State Services (DSS) to probe Davido.

In the wake of the backlash, Isreal took to social media to apologise to the Muslim community on Tuesday.

The singer’s logistic manager said the video was purely for entertainment purposes, adding that they are “sorry for presenting it wrongly”.

“Let me specially apologise to my Muslim brothers and sisters, on the video my oga posted, as a result of him wanting to lift up somebody, which is one of his hubbies,” the now-deleted Instagram post reads.

“It was purely an entertainment effort wrongly presented. Make una no vex. Love you all.”

Although Davido has remained silent on the matter — despite the widespread backlash, checks showed that the singer unfollowed his aide on Instagram.

Isreal, on the other hand, is still following Davido on the social media platform.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/07/26/davido-unfollows-isreal-dmw-after-he-apologised-to-muslims-on-his-behalf/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

37 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
Na lord lugard cause all these problems shaa.

646 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Zonefree(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2023
Davido has unfollowed Isreal ‘DMW’ Afeare on Instagram shortly after his logistics manager issued an apology to the Muslim community on his behalf.

Nice one Davido.. you did the right thing.

Who sent the bicycle seat head to apologize? undecided

572 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
They planned it, next time he'll thread carefully

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Urheadmaster(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mumu MURIC leave who they supposed to be fighting with because of Davido music tongue

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
E cannot better for Israel...

He should be fired..

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Franzinni: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
Israel was not wrong, but the issue on ground is an issue of ego... Like why did he tender apology on behalf of his oga... Well he miscalculated I guess, he must have thought he was doing his boss a solid but eventually his actions broke rank and file. And I am sure a couple of prostration and begging as usual will pump up his boss's ego and all will be well in due time.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by AllenSpencer: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
Gibberish!

Davido should grow up!

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by happney65: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
He should even sack him sef

Rubbish and apology

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Cihos: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hnm

1 Like

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by tevinsolt: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why would he take it upon himself to post up an apology when he's not been given the go ahead to. These fanatics in the North have rendered themselves useless to humanity, they have nothing meaningful to add to the human experience at all.

Imagine rendering your whole existence useless because of something that I am certain is false. Bunch of effing losers

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Teeroyzimma: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sacking sure for am

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by revived2: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
That's his problem

All nah pr

1 Like

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by damosky12(m): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Overzealousness!!! Why do what your oga never asked you to do? Why that silly jump!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by LegitDeals247: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Ckckc
Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
Spoilt brat... angry
Battlefield2:
I'm a Muslem from South
Broo....These northern muslems are the most backward people you can ever see in life
I swear
Shut the crap, if you are not Ipob disguising then you're just Muslim by name.

Learn your religion, this has NOTHING to do with backwardness or whatever you call it. If only you know this statement alone is kufr. You're afraid of being called names?

I'm Yoruba and a Muslim, anything that could cause religious war, I wouldn't do it and will always go against it.

You'll never see me denigrate any religion and wouldn't applaud who does to mine even when I do not react or act with violence.

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by pepetua(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
So!
Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by salbis(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
Kk
Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Rolexx22: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
Shame don finish patapata.
Hear this lady guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2rKMRI_fns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Cj4charles(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
001 did the right thing##

3 Likes

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Shinjawestside: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
I can see a religious war coming soon....

The crusaders are on their way coming...

The end of head slamming terrorists . .

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by sthecy(f): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Israel must be sleeping at his foot right now to beg…. Poverty shaaaa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Greenscientist: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Battlefield2:
I'm a Muslem from South
Broo....These northern muslems are the most backward people you can ever see in life
I swear

I'm a southern Muslim too and people like you are the types of Muslim who can't even recite a complete surah of the Qur'an.

Why should a sacred act of the religion be used in a Music video? For what purpose?

I didn't comment on the issue from the start but I hate it when a Muslim wants to be "woke" at the expense of his religion.

" O you who have believed, take not those who have taken your religion in ridicule and amusement among the ones who were given the Scripture before you nor the disbelievers as allies. And fear Allah, if you should [truly] be believers."

Qur'an 5:57

Learn your religion!

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video by Okhuadams(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Battlefield2:
I'm a Muslem from South
I swear
What about ur Mumuric man

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy / Naira Marley- Am I A Yahoo Boy Lyrics (with English Translation) / Rudeboy - 'Take It' Video Featuring Mercy Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.