Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him (38090 Views)

Youths Beat Catholic Priest, Odunze, In Ebonyi For Flogging Councilor's Son / MOCPED Students Feed A Thief Before Flogging Him Thoroughly / Photo Of The Anambra Teacher Killed For Flogging A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Padipadi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
VOsimhen144:
U wey dey judge dem, how u take knw say dem dey lamba?
E get one private school wey I teach before, there’s dis one of our student wey come frm yankee, he’s so well spoken. He was a big bully nd a troublesome boy in yankee, so his father katapot him to Nigeria, wen E reach naija, E see people wey dey craze pass am, na from there E mellow.
Your own is believable. I knew they were lying cos Jennyclay is a boy hiding behind a female handle here. There are many of them. Not all females are have breàsts and vaginå!
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ever since Nigerians embraced these two foreign religions (Islam and Christianity), they have lost their minds. How do you flog a 16 year old for watching p0rn? Age 16 is the peak or near peak of puberty. The hormones are raging like crazy. Christianity and Islam turn EVERY NATURAL IMPULSE to sin. God forbid foreign religions.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
felong:
Flogging a human being is wrong. What if the child dies.

Islam and Christianity introduced violence as a means of correction of children.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
riclan:
Nonsense, reasons why you see them doing homosexuality and all kinds of rubbish.

My 2 year old still collect am hot this morning.

You're flogging your 2 year old child! And you're bragging about it? I bet you're probably a christian or muslim. The two imported religions that says violence is the best way to correct children.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by nairalanda1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nigerians, when you go abroad, behave as they do. Because the things we think are acceptable here, they think they are evil here.

One funny story I want to tell, one guy was beating his wife for Nigeria, then they jakpa, then he calmed down, but one day, he beat him wife for there. Na so police come dey appear in front of their door in minutes..it was almost like magic. (No, madam did not call them at all). It took the wife begging them not to press charges, otherwise, na so he go go jail. Since that time, him never lay hand on him wife. Not a stick , not a hand, not a belt. When in Roma...

Yes, flogging children is good...if a child associates being bad with pain, he or she no go do am again. (And eventually will learn that bad habits cause problems). But in Oyinbo land, they don't believe in that anymore...because of too many well publicised reports of children who have suffered under sadistic parents...even by Naija standards (google Baby P, UK for a particularly bad example). So you flog your pikin, wahala dey.

Fortunately, there are programmes, books and so on that teach you how to discipline your child without using koboko. And to be fair, koboko is often times the easy way out for many frustrated parents...it was not meant to be that way. But read those books, take that advice, and the child will grow up and behave well.

Also, remember, no such thing as a perfect child. Even upon all the koboko and cane we use, Nigeria is still very corrupt. Dem bandits in the bush, most of them were caned when they were pikin, and they are still evil, ditto cultists. Some children, no matter what we do, would still be stronghead. After all, one of the USA's most horrible serial killers had a normal upbringing. Brevik's papa brought up his son right. And yet they turned out horrible. We can do our best for our children, but at the end, our kids still have free choice.

Good luck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by esiri4jesu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoMt5eBPyYw

UK based Nigerian doctor's 16yr old son taken from him because he flogged the boy with a belt after catching him watching an inappropriate video with his 2 friends shocked

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

She should relax, the boy will come home. I guess he is now the responsibility of the government. 16years know his roots.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
LegallyBlunt:
Indiscipline rules the UK. Most of their teachers are running to the Middle East for more money and respect kids there give them. As a parent, you dare not hit your child.If you wan japa, hold your hand and caution yourself ooo. Ehen.

Yet, Nigerians that are filled with 'discipline' beg to migrate to UK because Nigeria is a failed state. Maybe we should start copying the 'indiscipline' of the UK maybe our country will become a place others want to migrate to also.

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by nairalanda1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You're flogging your 2 year old child! And you're bragging about it? I bet you're probably a christian or muslim. The two imported religions that says violence is the best way to correct children.

I don't think our ancestors ,who were not Muslims or Christians', did not spare the rod and spoilt the child either.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
sojisenai:
WoW...those days ehnn...if you could lose custody for disciplining a child, then my mum would have been jailed for life. That woman ehnn...but even though it had some bad side effects on my life, I discovered later she meant well for me and my sister. We are better off today for it.

Meanwhile, We are a caregiving company dedicated to providing the highest quality care for our elderly clients or those that are ill, disabled and nursing mothers, right in their homes...kindly check my signature.

How are you better off because you had a violent mother? If your mother had not been violent towards you, would you have been any worse off than you are right now?
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nazgul:
From what I've understood and witness about flogging, most parents flog their children out of frustration and not to discipline them.

Take a walk around remote neighborhoods and you'll see first hand wickedness. The way parents there flog their kids, you'll think we're still in the slave era.

If you follow the history of violence towards children by Nigeria parents, you will see that its copied from the colonial masters. The colonial masters will beat the Nigerian workers as a means to make them do what the colonials want. Then the Nigerian workers will go back home and practice the same violence on their children as the means to make their children do what they want. Remember, that the colonial masters consider Africans (old or young) as children.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
blaquemyc:
It's hard being a Nigerian parent out there, you can't do what Nigerian parents do to their children and go scot free there. Oyibo ways no be our ways.

You mean its hard to be a violent parent. Why do Nigerians celebrate violence towards children?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
bigiyaro:
It's the boy that will lose

How? Because he escaped from a violent father?

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
aycorporat:
Training a child in the Western world is by God's grace.

There was a boy of ours who grew up in the UK and had the bad traits of disobedience. His dad lured him to Nigeria to come have a good taste of culture.

The moment he landed at MMIA, he was whisked to a remote village where his dad gave him a daily dosage of strokes of cane. At first he proved resistant, later he cooperated.

In the long run, he feigned remorse but was secretly taking shots of the wounds he sustained. After sometimes, his dad seeing his calmness, decided that he had learnt his lessons and it was time to go back to the UK.

Believe me, when they got to the UK, the boy tendered all evidences to the security agencies. How the dad escaped prison sentence and deportation is what I didn't know.

African culture still remains topnotch

Parents inflicting violence on their children in the name of 'discipline' was not African culture before the Arabs and the whites came to Africa. The Arabs and the whites flogged African workers viciously and the Africa workers go back home and inflict their trauma on their children.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
Hmm,
No wonder a 6 years old pupil shot his teacher in USA over an argument.

And a Nigeria child has never killed another human being in Nigeria before?

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Oscargiles1294(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lol. Is his name Brian?
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by YettyPicky(f): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
The kind of beatings I 'collected' from my Mum made me doubt she is my Mother.My Dad?Lord have mercy!He will ask you to go and bring the appropriate whip out of his collections-1,2 or 3 thonged koboko,1 and 2 strip folded hose,cable,e.t.c.You will be your own jury and judge to bring one of these 'collectibles' commensurate to your sin.
The beatings didn't kill us.We respected them so much we dare not look them in the eye when 'colleting'.I'm sure it never crossed our minds to run away or report then to neighbors,let alone other family members.
Most of us turned out out to be honest and upright because of this.
God help this wishy-washy generations.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
nairalanda1:
I don't think our ancestors ,who were not Muslims or Christians', did not spare the rod and spoilt the child either.

Using violence to 'correct' children never happened in pre-colonial Yorubaland. I don't know about Iboland or hausaland. But, as far as the Yorubas are concerned, the Europeans brought corporal punishment they used to 'correct' the African colonial workers. The traumatized worker then goes home and inflicted it on their children.

Inflicting violence on children is NOT African culture. Its part of the evil legacy of European and Arab colonialism.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Oscargiles1294(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
Send the naughty boy to Nigeria to come learn some respect and manners undecided

That was how my elder sister’s child in this same UK was misbehaving. He mingles with bad gang and if my sister yells at him or try to spank him he won’t hesitate to call the cops on her.

She explained everything to us and My mother told my elder sister to bundle the boy to Nigeria, that she would reset his head.
When he came to Nigeria my mother sent him to Command secondary school Ipaja Lagos state.

Every time we visits him during visiting day, he would cry and beg saying Grand ma please I won’t be stubborn again, I wanna go join my fam in the UK.

He spent 2 years (J.S.S 2 - 3) in command secondary school before he went back to UK. Now he’s a well behaved boy.

I know a kid like this back in Command. Was his name Brian?
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2023
DeShineShine:
Thank God I didn't raise my children in such decayed environments. Spare the rod and spoil the child, that's what my Bible tells me. Reason moral decadence is on the increase in that dented environment. In Africa, especially Nigeria, a child must be well nurtured in the fear of God. Bible says, train up a child the way he should go so that when he's old will not depart from it. Although some children might detailed but doesn't mean that were not morally brought up.

Don't forget the white man gave you the same bible. What has following the bible benefited Africa and Africans? You're still the most impoverished, least developed and least advanced continent on the planet.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
isabi2lof:
If my papa and mama beatings no kill me , my own no go kill my own pikin cheesy

Your parents traumatized you with violence. You then took that trauma and inflicted the same violence on your child. Generational trauma converted to violence. And yet, you're too dull that you even brag about it as if its an achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ennybouy:
Flogging in our childhood really made most of us very useful to ourselves and the society now.

If this statement is true, then why do countries who don't inflict violence on their children in the name of discipline performing better than Nigeria? They perform so much better than some of you will do ANYTHING to migrate there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Benrosaria(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
And more of your kids they will still take, low minded brat, you want to now enforce your Nigerian culture on
a life on another soil.

Hell no sir.. it can't work.

That's the punishment for absconding your home that you pertook to destroy to find solace in another place.

Hell yeah sir karma awaits every goddamn doer
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Guguru102(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
JayDaily2:

Goto Telegram, type: @iajonline

Then search.

Still the same thing..No results

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by sojisenai(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
PopQueenAgency:

I dey fear una caregiving company. As you dey support caning and slapping so, una nor go dey beat elderly people so?

...Sigh.

It is well. Sorry. You'll be fine.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by sojisenai(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

How are you better off because you had a violent mother? If your mother had not been violent towards you, would you have been any worse off than you are right now?

I just but wonder how people say things like they know absolutely everything about you...you could have asked one or two questions before jumping into conclusions.

Well, what do I know?

You'll be fine.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by drnoel: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
Padipadi:
I think it's very good to understand the hypocrisy of UK in cases of first to report. And the demonic teen friends that lied against their friends that in order to further indulge in their life spoiling practices like watching pôrn and not studying well.
If only the father had contained his anger and make a video evidence of those crooks. Then reporting his child formerly to the govt that how do you want me to handle this boy cos I don't want to beat him to the point your govt ll say I beat him with anger.
UK is a theoretical place where you can pretend like you swallow all their bullshits but hypocritically go behind the scene to scheme things to your taste.
Chai, my Nigeria. That father ll trash both the son and friends together. In fact if it's one woman I know, she ll craftly lure those kids, lock herself and those kids up in a store, apply fresh pepper in their eyes, buttocks, armpits, ear and nose, carry 3 brand new koboko and flog the hell out of those kids. That store ll be a mess! They ll see them the next day and ask if they were caught stealing at the market.
UK dey fall my hands when they don't farabale handle civil cases. It's not all first to report that are innocent. They v used this to give wrong judgements especially on issues of husband and wife's issues where wife ll be the first to rush and lie against her husband cos they know the law there is sympathetic to women.
In all, may we not be unlucky in this life, amen.

Lamba. Lambadowsky from a fake female. Your story is fallacious. We know sending stubborn abroad kids to Nigeria resets their brain. But as you can see, this story fit no work that way cos he's already taken away from his dad. In all, you cooked up your write up to gather share and likes for your coconut 🥥 head ego.
Wail, I ll drink you tears cos I just want tackle you today. I get your time. Don't call me agbaya, I just want to drink the tears of this shim (he/she)!

Lamba united, twin brother of Jennyclay. You were motivated to lie your own version cos of the first lier above. The both of you aren't practical in your lies. Not all kids eventually visit Nigeria. So how do you effect the correction. The best option to correct kids in UK is to gather enough evidence against the kid which ll make the govt to not believe the child when you actually do mild scolding. You outsmart their system. The scolding you ll do must be very minimal.

Still, it's left for the child to decide where he wants to go. If the child decides he wants to be on his own then so be it. He is not yet a man but is getting their. Sad the dad could have handled things differently but chose the path that led to this.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by godofuck231: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Very stupid person , 16 year old when suppose don marry ? Instead of educating him and letting him know its normal to have the urge and pressure at that age and teach him self control , sex education, rape baits, laws concerning women and sexual offences and preventions na belt?

Ok na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Corridon: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
Send the naughty boy to Nigeria to come learn some respect and manners undecided

That was how my elder sister’s child in this same UK was misbehaving. He mingles with bad gang and if my sister yells at him or try to spank him he won’t hesitate to call the cops on her.

She explained everything to us and My mother told my elder sister to bundle the boy to Nigeria, that she would reset his head.
When he came to Nigeria my mother sent him to Command secondary school Ipaja Lagos state.

Every time we visits him during visiting day, he would cry and beg saying Grand ma please I won’t be stubborn again, I wanna go join my fam in the UK.

He spent 2 years (J.S.S 2 - 3) in command secondary school before he went back to UK. Now he’s a well behaved boy.
Are you related to Lai Muhammed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Down With Strange Illness After My Pastor, His Sister Lured Me To Russia (pics) / Emmanuel Okocha: Police Corporal Arrested For Killing Aba Biz Man At Checkpoint / Kidnappers Hideout Raided In Rivers,3 Rescued, 2 Human Skulls Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.