Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him (38086 Views)

Youths Beat Catholic Priest, Odunze, In Ebonyi For Flogging Councilor's Son / MOCPED Students Feed A Thief Before Flogging Him Thoroughly / Photo Of The Anambra Teacher Killed For Flogging A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You're flogging your 2 year old child! And you're bragging about it? I bet you're probably a christian or muslim. The two imported religions that says violence is the best way to correct children.

If a parent has to flog a small 2 year old, the parent is the problem. What is the parent doing wrong that causes a 2 year old to disobey them? How can a parent not control a 2 year old without beating them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
If a parent has to flog a small 2 year old, the parent is the problem. What is the parent doing wrong that causes a 2 year old to disobey them? How can a parent not control a 2 year old without beating them?

The 2 imported foreign Abrahamic religions have rot the brains of most Nigerians. Its almost like they are in a perpetual state of mass hypnosis. Imagine the dude bragging about inflicting violence on his 2 year old child!
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

The 2 imported foreign Abrahamic religions have rot the brains of most Nigerians. Its almost like they are in a perpetual state of mass hypnosis. Imagine the dude bragging about inflicting violence on his 2 year old child!

Nothing is normal about that. Many of these parents are taking out their frustration on their children. Did you see that someone said they know a woman who put pepper in a child’s eyes and body cavities? That’s a sick, cruel, and evil woman.
Nigerians are here saying that beating a child works to instill discipline. If that’s true, why do children that started getting beatings at 2 and 3 years still require beatings as they age and even in their teenage years? If a parent is beating a 16 year old then the beatings he gave the child over the years didn’t work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
godofuck231:
Very stupid person , 16 year old when suppose don marry ? Instead of educating him and letting him know its normal to have the urge and pressure at that age and teach him self control , sex education, rape baits, laws concerning women and sexual offences and preventions na belt?

Ok na

If the dad was a real man, he would’ve done the things you said.
The dad is going to lose his career over this and the son will still be curious about sex but may now act violently towards women because thanks to his dad, he now associates normal sexual urges with violence.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Nothing is normal about that. Many of these parents are taking out their frustration on their children. Did you see that someone said they know a woman who put pepper in a child’s eyes and body cavities? That’s a sick, cruel, and evil woman.
Nigerians are here saying that beating a child works to instill discipline. If that’s true, why do children that started getting beatings at 2 and 3 years still require beatings as they age and even in their teenage years? If a parent is beating a 16 year old then the beatings he gave the child over the years didn’t work.

Thank you for that wonderful logic (emboldened). Christianity and Islam are enemies of logic. That's why MOST Africans are moving around like zombies.

Also, that mother that put pepper in her daughter's cavities should be arrested, charged and if found guilty JAILED for a very long time!

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
stephenponti:

Are you a crazy spoiled brat like the boy?

Are you a sadistic adult bully who brutalizes children for having human urges like the father?

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The values of respect that you’re saying Africa must preserve—children are beat mercilessly in Nigeria but those children grow up to kidnap, join cults, do Yahoo, kill people for money ritual, or demand bribes and become corrupt police, civil servants, or politicians.
Preserving those values don’t seem to be working.
It's in the minority.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2023
Emmaomotob:
You mean sending your child to a substandard Nigerian school will make them better? Also, you are very naive if you are oblivious to the way many secondary students behave nowadays. Also, consider the trauma of having to live in a disorganized society like Nigeria and the ill will the child is likely to harbor for his parents.

I know adults who were sent to Nigeria as children to learn “discipline”. They tell of being molested and raped by family members, househelp, and family friends almost as soon as they landed until the time their parents came to collect them. They also tell about going without food while family members spent the money their parents sent for their care on foolish things. The reason they changed when returning to America was because they never wanted to experience the horrors they face in Nigeria again. This is sometimes why the younger generation never visits family in Nigeria and ignore calls for help—they were partially raised in the West and know the things they experienced in Nigeria aren’t normal or healthy.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by purples25(f): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
My grandfather never beat my father and his siblings. Grandad was always remembered to be a very loving father. He treated his sons like eggs and he was a full Nigerian that never left the country. They never became bad people. Africans just find excuses to be violent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

It's in the minority.

You’re telling me that the majority of Nigerians are extremely honest, well-disciplined, non-violent, and altruistic? I might believe you had I not been to Nigeria ever. From the time you land at MMIA, you start to encounter dishonest civil servants and people who will lie, cheat, demand bribes, and yell if you don’t let them have their way. Taxi drivers will try to cheat you and even people in the market place will try to cheat you. You can’t go out at night out of fear of being robbed or kidnapped and you can’t travel by car to another state out of fear that you’ll lose you freedom or your life. You a Nigerian know that it isn’t the minority.
And before you tell me the corruption is the government, remember that corrupt leaders are elected and re-elected by corrupt people. Corrupt leaders don’t thrive and grow rich in places with people who aren’t corrupt.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
purples25:
My grandfather never beat my father and his siblings. Grandad was always remembered to be a very loving father. He treated his sons like eggs and he was a full Nigerian that never left the country. They never became bad people. Africans just find excuses to be violent.

I believe you. Words are more powerful than beatings and your grandad probably earned the respect of his children by respecting their feelings as children while still maintaining that he was the adult and had all the power in the home. His children became good people because their father treated them like they were good people, not like they were hated and unwanted burdens.
Children should respect their parents, not live in fear of them.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2023
megastu:
When it resorts to flogging then you have lost control of that child already. My parents never flogged me one day and I lived in Nigeria all through. I replicate same for my kids now. When I talk to them tears go dey flow freely.

That’s because your children don’t fear you, they love and respect you. Respectful children who love their parents grow up to be adults who spoil and indulge their parents. Children who fear their parents grow into adults who resent their parents, are sting6 when it comes to them, and put distance between them.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
Nazgul:

So if they have all these in them, kindly explain to me why...

1. Nigeria is amongst top 5 most corrupt countries in the world? If the beating these kids received at infant stage was to make them better, why isn't Nigeria getting better.

2. Why are we so dishonest? You cannot do a clean business with a Nigerian without him trying to cheat you. Even ordinary electronics, you must go along with someone who knows it or else you'll be sold fake for the same price as the original. In civilized societies where beating of kids is outlawed, they don't do this. Even without beating they're still honest and would sell you the best.

3. Why do foreigners cutoff from you once they discover that you're a Nigerian, and why have so many foreign apps like PayPal banned Nigerians from accessing them if our beatings was to build and develop us, why do we keep experiencing the exact opposite of what the beatings was supposed to do?

4. Why is wickedness so powerful in Nigeria, if we were brought up with so much strictness, why do people delight pleasure in killing their fellow Nigerian for ritual purposes. We don't read about ritual killings in counties were beatings is outlawed.

5. Why is a great number of our youths embracing dugs? Weren't they beaten, why didn't the beating stop them from becoming drug addicts?

Whether you choose to agree with me or not, I'll tell you that beating a child has absolutely zero effect on that child. His or her choices in life would be based on the advice and counselling you give. And most importantly your own lifestyle.

Beating only keeps a child in check for a short period of time. Once he/she out grows it, there's absolutely nothing you can do.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by purples25(f): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I believe you. Words are more powerful than beatings and your grandad probably earned the respect of his children by respecting their feelings as children while still maintaining that he was the adult and had all the power in the home. His children became good people because their father treated them like they were good people, not like they were hated and unwanted burdens.
Children should respect their parents, not live in fear of them.

True. This country. If you're not violent or impatient or toxic, then they believe you are a dunce. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Kids in Nigeria are more disciplined no matter how bad they will later become. They have it instilled in them. In their worst, they are still disciplined to some extent

They have better morals, respect and etiquette's in all ramifications, than their counterparts abroad who lack those basics.

Kid in Nigeria are constrained by the community. Nigeria has a community sense of raising kids, That does not play abroad. Everybody is always minding his business. You cannot discipline a stranger's child except you want to have a problem with the law.

Nigerian kids are not indoctrinated about rights in schools, abroad kids are indoctrinated from their school and will report their parents at any slightest instance. Why they are always anxious to move-out and seek independence when all is not going well for them at home. They know the law.

Kids abroad have easy access to all the vices they need. From drugs. gangs, and drugs, its faster for them to get, than a drivers license.

Kids in Nigeria are born to be fighters and hustlers, they are born to thrive no matter the circumstances, their counterparts abroad have a sense of entitlement.

Everyone in Nigeria today was once a kid, right? If all these kids that are now adults were raised to have all the discipline, fight, hustle, morals, and respect that you mentioned, why doesn’t the nation as a whole reflect that?
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
damoobaba:

He'll be in bigger trouble if the parents are deported.

No he won’t, the parent lost custody. They’ll be deported and he’ll remain in England with a foster family.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
DenreleDave:
Lies... Person no dey die from flogging

See the story from a week ago where the Nigerian father in the UK flogged the 2 year old son and slammed his head against the wall, killing him.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
Blitzerz:

Exactly what i mean
If the father leaves the country, that boy is a refugee seeker. And he may not get it

No he won’t be a refugee seeker. The father lost custody and the son will be raised in care at the expense of the government. He’ll also receive counseling to recover from the trauma his father inflicted on him.
Imagine going to school and becoming a doctor then losing it all just because you can’t control your rage and act in a civilized manner.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DenreleDave(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

See the story from a week ago where the Nigerian father in the UK flogged the 2 year old son and slammed his head against the wall, killing him.

Person no dey die from flogging like I said earlier
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Yahoo and prostitutions is not even in the picture when compared to what western kids are capable of. They could easily Bleep, become chronic drug addicts, indoctrinated into the worst of practices and lack complete respect.

I have seen the worst in Nigerian kids, they are not hardened. He will do yahoo, prostitution or cultism. Do you know the ages gang banging in the West? Do you know a 14 year old catching a body is not a big deal in the West. Its street cred, and it even gets celebrated. A world where the number of bodies you catch is like a earning a degree.

Do you know how many streets of the same countries are littered with drug addicts? How many of such places can you mention in Nigeria? A nation that it is far more easier to get guns and any hard drug, than a drivers license.

Why do these kids raised in Nigeria grow up and move to the West that is run by adults who were once the kids that you described so negatively in order to seek opportunities and a better quality of life? Shouldn’t the awful children raised in the West that you described be the ones dying to Japa to Nigeria and other African countries?
Look at the leaders and conditions in Nigeria and compare it to the leaders and conditions in the West and tell me which one is being run by rotten adults. Children are born good and innocent, being rotten and corrupt is learned behavior.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
DenreleDave:

Person no dey die from flogging like I said earlier

A person doesn’t thrive from floggings either.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

You’re telling me that the majority of Nigerians are extremely honest, well-disciplined, non-violent, and altruistic? I might believe you had I not been to Nigeria ever. From the time you land at MMIA, you start to encounter dishonest civil servants and people who will lie, cheat, demand bribes, and yell if you don’t let them have their way. Taxi drivers will try to cheat you and even people in the market place will try to cheat you. You can’t go out at night out of fear of being robbed or kidnapped and you can’t travel by car to another state out of fear that you’ll lose you freedom or your life. You a Nigerian know that it isn’t the minority.
And before you tell me the corruption is the government, remember that corrupt leaders are elected and re-elected by corrupt people. Corrupt leaders don’t thrive and grow rich in places with people who aren’t corrupt.
You are part of the corrupt people.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Blitzerz: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

No he won’t be a refugee seeker. The father lost custody and the son will be raised in care at the expense of the government. He’ll also receive counseling to recover from the trauma his father inflicted on him.
Imagine going to school and becoming a doctor then losing it all just because you can’t control your rage and act in a civilized manner.
what is the legal status of the boy in the country if his visa is dependent on his father?

Or u dont know what they call visa dependent?

Are you confusing immigration with police?
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

You are part of the corrupt people.

I don’t live in Nigeria and I don’t condone adults taking out their frustrations on children by beating them.
Goodbye.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Blitzerz:

what is the legal status of the boy in the country if his visa is dependent on his father?

Or u dont know what they call visa dependent?

Are you confusing immigration with police?

It doesn’t matter. When a parent loses custody, the child becomes a ward of the local government so any possible visa dependence or immigration status tied to that parent is severed. Basically, the parent is no longer the parent in the eyes of the law so why would the child get deported because the person no longer recognized as a parent it? Becoming a ward of the local government means the child is entitled to care and rearing provided by them. The government doesn’t take custody from parents only to deport the parent and then deport the child so that they can reunite.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Purvan(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
I no fit raise my child for any country way don legalise LGBT
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I don’t live in Nigeria and I don’t condone adults taking out their frustrations on children by beating them.
Goodbye.
It's discipline, you better whip your child if they are unruly or that child might beat you one day. I have never hear of kid serial killers in Nigeria, it's due to the discipline factor. Live in mars in peace, don't try to tell us in Africa how to discipline the young.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Blitzerz: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

It doesn’t matter. When a parent loses custody, the child becomes a ward of the local government so any possible visa dependence or immigration status tied to that parent is severed. Basically, the parent is no longer the parent in the eyes of the law so why would the child get deported because the person no longer recognized as a parent it? Becoming a ward of the local government means the child is entitled to care and rearing provided by them. The government doesn’t take custody from parents only to deport the parent and then deport the child so that they can reunite.
False
Custody doesnt equal parentship
You clearly dont know the law.

You also think police is immigration

I dont even need to argue further.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by DenreleDave(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

A person doesn’t thrive from floggings either.

Spare the road and spoil the child
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
Blitzerz:

False
Custody doesnt equal parentship
You clearly dont know the law.

You also think police is immigration

I dont even need to argue further.

You’re wrong so no, you don’t need to argue any further.
Goodbye Sir
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by Emmaomotob(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I know adults who were sent to Nigeria as children to learn “discipline”. They tell of being molested and raped by family members, househelp, and family friends almost as soon as they landed until the time their parents came to collect them. They also tell about going without food while family members spent the money their parents sent for their care on foolish things. The reason they changed when returning to America was because they never wanted to experience the horrors they face in Nigeria again. This is sometimes why the younger generation never visits family in Nigeria and ignore calls for help—they were partially raised in the West and know the things they experienced in Nigeria aren’t normal or healthy.
This is someone that has intelligence. Nigerians have linear thinking. If you can't train your child properly, why should you expect someone else to do it for you? Also, it is very stupid to claim moral superiority. If Nigerians were so morally upright, why is the country in a terrible shape? The trans agenda is not even absolute in the West, a lot of people are pushing back on it. To deny your child the best environment for self development is the most stupid thing a parent can do.
Looking back at my childhood, I can rarely justify any punishment I received from my parents. Most parents beat their children for raising their voice and challenging their opinion and then wonder why they become failures in life. Beating a child does not make them understand better. Empathy, living by example, and a little rebuke go further. Beating a child only makes them docile, obedient and fearful, if not traumatized. The most important thing is the relationship you have with your child.
Re: UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him by being(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
SMH
So a parent will just give an instructions and a 2 yọ will just obeying?!! Are u in this world?
1stGenAmerican:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Pastor Israel Adebayo Arrested For Raping 14-Year-Old Church Choir Member / Hakeem Odumosu Meet SARS Officers In Lagos / Emmanuel Okocha: Police Corporal Arrested For Killing Aba Biz Man At Checkpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.