Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament (1355 Views)

Thank You Jesus! My Hitherto Wayward Brother Experiences The Supernatural / The Lord Said, I Should Pray On Your Picture For Favour. Listen To The Prayer On / Daddy Freeze Replies Nairalander Who Said Jesus Christ Approved Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Exodus 4:22 Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son

Help me look for where The LORD said in the Old Testament that the Roman empire invented Jesus Christ is His first son.

2 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Exodus 4:22 Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son

Help me look for where The LORD said in the Old Testament that the Roman empire invented Jesus Christ is my first son.
John 15 v 2
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by kaysho(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
Matthew 3:17

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
Battlefield2:

John 15 v 2

Not from the Roman empire invented New Testament

2 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
kaysho:
Matthew 3:17

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Not from the Roman empire invented New Testament
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by petra1(m): 5:49am On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Help me look for where The LORD said in the Old Testament that the Roman empire invented Jesus Christ is His first son.

This is a foolish question. Which one is Roman invented Jesus. If you want truth just ask straight. You’re obviously mischievous not reallly seeking an answer.

2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

We can help you if you reconstruct your question in a sensible and respectful way

3 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 6:01am On Jul 28, 2023
petra1:
[/b][b]
This is a foolish question by petra1. Which one is Roman invented Jesus. If you want truth just ask straight. You’re obviously mischievous not reallly seeking an answer.

2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

We can help you if you reconstruct your question in a sensible and respectful way

That is the purpose of the New Testament so that you keep your brain under your bed. If not you would begin to question all the invented stuff in the New Testament your have been spoon fed with.

2 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by WildChild00(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2023
Psalm 110:1.Psalm 2:7 reads: I will tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to me. "You are my son; today I have begotten you.
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2023
WildChild00:
Psalm 110:1.Psalm 2:7 reads: I will tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to me. "You are my son; today I have begotten you.
Psalm 2is a royal psalm that focuses on YHWH’s support of Judah’s king against his enemies:

‎תהלים ב:א לָ֭מָּה רָגְשׁ֣וּ גוֹיִ֑ם וּ֜לְאֻמִּ֗ים יֶהְגּוּ־רִֽיק׃ ב:ב יִ֥תְיַצְּב֙וּ׀ מַלְכֵי־אֶ֗רֶץ וְרוֹזְנִ֥ים נֽוֹסְדוּ־יָ֑חַד עַל־יְ֜הוָה וְעַל־מְשִׁיחֽוֹ׃
Ps 2:1 Why do the nations conspire, and the peoples plot in vain?
2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against YHWH and his anointed. (NRSV with adjustments)

The first two verses set the foreign kings against YHWH’s משׁיח, “anointed one,” a term that means the king who was anointed (מ.שׁ.ח) with oil upon coronation. The reference is to the king of Judah (and not of [Northern] Israel), as verse 6 indicates by its geographical specification:
תהלים ב:ו וַ֭אֲנִי נָסַ֣כְתִּי מַלְכִּ֑י עַל־צִ֝יּ֗וֹן הַר־קׇדְשִֽׁי׃
Ps. 2:6 I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill.

Using military imagery, the psalmist expresses his confidence in the Davidic king’s victory:
תהלים ב:ט ‎תְּ֭רֹעֵם בְּשֵׁ֣בֶט בַּרְזֶ֑ל כִּכְלִ֖י יוֹצֵ֣ר תְּנַפְּצֵֽם׃
Ps 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron, and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Subsequent verses (10–12) warn foreign kings to be prudent, serve YHWH, and pay homage.

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by SIRTee15: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2023
Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Psalm 45.6-7

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Daniel 7.13-14
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

Psalm 45.6-7

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Daniel 7.13-14
https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/1559-anointing
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

Psalm 45.6-7

Daniel 7.13-14

From your quote in Psalm 45.6-7 when was the invented Jesus Christ anointed with oil and by who?

Also the invented Jesus Christ went up in the clouds but has not come down from the clouds for 2000 years now
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by SIRTee15: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

From your quote in Psalm 45.6-7 when was the invented Jesus Christ anointed with oil and by who?

Also the invented Jesus Christ went up in the clouds but has not come down from the clouds for 2000 years now

I thought we talking about old testament, what has Jesus ascension or anointing got to do with the topic.
Why are u bringing new testament into the debate?
Do u actually know who Jesus Christ is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

I thought we talking about old testament, what has Jesus ascension or anointing got to do with the topic.
Why are u bringing new testament into the debate?
Do u actually know who Jesus Christ is?

You already started arguing from a place of ignorance.
Anointing was common among ancient Israelites, predominantly among the kings and later on to people going into office.
Anyone that is Anointed with Olive oil is called a Messiah, The Anointed.

Psalm 45.6-7

2 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by SIRTee15: 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

You already started arguing from a place of ignorance.
Anointing was common among ancient Israelites, predominantly among the kings and later on to people going into office.
Anyone that is Anointed with Olive oil is called a Messiah, The Anointed.

Psalm 45.6-7

Who is being anointed in the verse. A God or a king?
When did Israelites kings start bearing the title God.
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

God is a title, the god of the Israelite is Yahweh. Elohim means gods.

Read the verse again.
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

The Davidic king is the earthly ruler of Yahweh people. In that capacity he is Yahweh surrogate, the representative of the actual and eternal king of Israel, Israel’s Divine Ruler.

Thus, it is said: “Solomon sat upon the throne of the Lord as king, in place of his father, David, and he was successful” (1 Chronicles 29:23).
Verse 7a, “Your throne, God [’Elohim], is for ever and ever,” is a parenthetical statement placed in the text to explain why verse 8b says, “therefore God [’Elohim], your God [’Elohecha], has anointed you.”

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
Jesus, is The Lord!

The Lord, is He Who became known as Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by SIRTee15: 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

The Davidic king is the earthly ruler of Yahweh people. In that capacity he is Yahweh surrogate, the representative of the actual and eternal king of Israel, Israel’s Divine Ruler.

Thus, it is said: “Solomon sat upon the throne of the Lord as king, in place of his father, David, and he was successful” (1 Chronicles 29:23).
Verse 7a, “Your throne, God [’Elohim], is for ever and ever,” is a parenthetical statement placed in the text to explain why verse 8b says, “therefore God [’Elohim], your God [’Elohecha], has anointed you.”

Elohim- God and Eloheka- thy God are titles used only for God.
Show me where these titles are used for Israelite kings.
The verse said the throne will last for ever and ever. Is there any Israelite king reigning today.

Try again, u beginning to sound anti- trinity than atheist itself.
Never knew u could believe in the bible- making reference to what's written in the bible. Be like say Wikipedia can't help this time.

2 Likes

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by SIRTee15: 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

God is a title, the god of the Israelite is Yahweh. Elohim means gods.

Read the verse again.

We talking in context here. Elohim was never used for any Israelite king.

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

We talking in context here. Elohim was never used for any Israelite king.
Elohim means gods.

The Hebrew language for Psalm 82:6 reads as follows: אני אמרתי אלוהים אתם ובני עלון כולכם – Ani Amarti Elohim Atem Uhvnei Elyon Kulchem – “I said, ‘you are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.’”

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

And this verse, was clearly talking about the first son of God FROM THE HOUSE OF MEN!

And not The Son of God before the world was made, so go to the koran and lay your mad lies there.

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

Elohim means gods.

The Hebrew language for Psalm 82:6 reads as follows: אני אמרתי אלוהים אתם ובני עלון כולכם – Ani Amarti Elohim Atem Uhvnei Elyon Kulchem – “I said, ‘you are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.’”

The son of a mango is a what again?

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
vdestro:

The son of a mango is a what again?
Dumbest theist on nairaland 😂

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

Thanks for this wonderful info. Does this mean the UK Kings are decendants from the House of King David:
Holy oil to anoint King Charles III at his coronation is consecrated in Jerusalem
Source: https://news.sky.com/story/holy-oil-to-anoint-king-charles-iii-at-his-coronation-is-consecrated-in-jerusalem-12824834

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

If your madness would allow, you would have seen that He must have been anointed before Abraham, exactly as He Said.

Secondly, did He Say He must come back within 2000 years? Is it not His Right to return when He chooses to? If you cannot wait, die na, who is forcing you to wait, after all when He Comes whether you are in the grave or on the earth, you wont miss it.
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Thanks for this wonderful info. Does this mean the UK Kings are decendants from the House of King David:
Holy oil to anoint King Charles III at his coronation is consecrated in Jerusalem
Source: https://news.sky.com/story/holy-oil-to-anoint-king-charles-iii-at-his-coronation-is-consecrated-in-jerusalem-12824834
My Brother, They can claim it oo, King charles like his forefathers now wields the Globus cruciger.

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

Dumbest theist on nairaland 😂

See the most stupid atheist in the world does not know what the son of a mango is? grin

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by petra1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

In the acts of apostles and the epistles it’s already clear that in Jesus were the prophecies fulfilled as son of Abraham ,David and Son of God
Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by Maynman: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
vdestro:

See the most stupid atheist in the world does not know what the son of a mango is? grin
Religion chai

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by MindHacker9009(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

Religion chai

Their invented Jesus Christ is the strongest psychological opium ever used on black Africans

1 Like

Re: Easy $500 If You Can Show Where The LORD Said Jesus My Son In The Old Testament by vdestro: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
Maynman:

Religion chai

Atheists and devils Stupid gaaan! Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity and Religion / God Has A Positive Answer / Danger! Religion May Damage Your Intelligence And Your Mind If Not Your Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.