Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? (14584 Views)

Is Jealousy In A Relationship A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? / Lady Swears On Her Mother's Life As A Proof Of Love (Video) / Is This Being Romantic Or Lack Of Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by correctguy101(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Why do you need to be jealous ? It's shows you ain't natured and matured. Self love beats all odds.

Please enough of this blasphemous verse from someone below. Thou shall not use the name of God in vain! Don't ever compare God with Human (jealousy belongs to God cos only him can handle hatred, envy, murderer,manslaughter,conspiracy)that arouse from Jealousy!!! angry shocked shocked

Swit jizus.,. undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by AreaFada2: 6:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
With around 30% of kids belonging to another man outside, if you like, let your wife have 7 male besties, na you know. Let her go visit her male friends as she pleases and go on holiday with them.

Be a good Samaritan and raise other men's kids as your own. shocked shocked

And don't do paternity test on "your" child that looks suspiciously like your best friend, your neighbour, your pastor or your wife's work colleague.

Opportunity maketh a thief.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Burgerlomo: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lack of trust and probably low self esteem wetin I even know sef😂
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by luckyz4rea(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
IconicR:
It's both but extremism should be out of it. If you lost your trust on someone then simply take a walk to preserve your sanity.

It’s not that easy to walk away from something you’ve always trusted. If walking away is the way out, where is the place or room for rebuilding and regaining of trust, except in some irredeemable situations?
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by AZControversial(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
smiley

A little jealous: Love.

Too jealous: Lack of trust.

My one kobo!
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by obaidan: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Trust must be able to neutralize jealousy.....if in your relationship jealousy somehow overshadows trust, then u should be looking for another relationship. This doesn't necessarily mean the jealous one is the one with issues..it's also possible that the other person does not allow trust to thrive.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Titogbanski: 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Yes. It is proof of love.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Igbokwechika101(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2023
Jealousy can be a sign of both sinful weakness and wounded pride, on the one hand, and genuine love, on the other. Jealously is sometimes the expression of an excessively possessive spirit, and at other times the fruit of care and concern for the welfare of the one who is loved.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Smithwilliams826: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
Abegi, what's jealousy?
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Faithy04: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
It's depends on how the spouse handle the situation I mean the kind of expressions he made while showing the jealousy. It's can be matter
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Acidosis(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
For someone you haven't properly dated or someone that is yet to accept you, jealousy is completely normal.

In a proper relationship/marriage, feelings of jealousy may indicate that you are projecting your own insecurities or that your partner is very stupid. The latter is typically the case around 95% of the time.

Jealousy has no place in healthy relationships.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
Well, I believe that every true love as an iota of jealousy in it.

You want to 'guard' what is yours.

Excessive jealousy is based on a lack of trust majorly stemming from your personal insecurity and biases.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
I'M HERE TO WATCH MANY PEOPLE LIE TO THEMSELVES undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
WHEN YOU GO FOR A CONCERT AND BURNA BOY CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND ON STAGE AND KISS HER.
WHAT WOULD U DO AND WHAT'S UR FEELING GONNA BE LIKE ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Both
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by sillysally(f): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
DataAlchemist:
Jealousy isn't insecurities, it's a feeling just like love, anxiety, hatred, pride, anger. it's something beyond human's control, it's something that happens subconsciously..it's totally normal for jealousy to creep in when you notice something shady about your partner. The way you handle it is now based on your maturity level and the initial trust you have for your partner.
But just like other emotions like anger and love, we shouldn't be consumed in it...
Everybody has a feeling of jealousy in them(just like how everybody is liable to get angry), but you shouldn't settle for one who is consumed by his/her jealousy.
But unlike anger, it can be helped and control by being faithful and transparent in the relationship..so before you accuse your partner of being a jealous type, make sure you are not the one triggering the jealousy in them.

I love this. Majority of commenters are fake who love to pretend or maybe they're ignorant. You say it exactly like it is no sugar coating. For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction People just don't wake up and decide to be jealous. It is a reaction to a series of actions or inactions. It is only dangerous when it's extreme like every other emotion. You can't plant the seeds of jealousy and expect to reap trust in return. It is madness and such people male and female need to get their heads examined

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Pathfinder2090: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
IyaTola:
Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with love. nothing whatsoever. it is stifling, oppressive, and potentially abusive. it is a gigantic red flag in a relationship. if you are with a partner who feels jealous of the other people in your life, get out now. don’t expect the jealous behaviour to change. It probably won’t. If you are the jealous party, please seek professional treatment to address whatever underlying issues are fuelling your jealousy. you don’t own your partner. you don't have any right to control what they do, or who they do it with. Even if they are cheating on you. That is their right. The only right you have — the ONLY right you have — is to choose to leave the relationship if you don’t approve of your partners actions. but controlling their behaviour is not an option for you.

Are you okay?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by phemmyfour: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I would love to know y'all view of this...
It's proof of love. That's why people fight over jollof rice at Owambe parties
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by efembaba(m): 1:31am On Jul 29, 2023
My babe has actually complained to me before that I'm not jealous enough.
Whenever she talks about other guys and stuffs like that, I'm often apathetic, for me it's because I trust her, but she thinks I should feel jealous in order to show that I really love her
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by Brushstrokes20: 6:49am On Jul 29, 2023
Jealousy is most def a proof of love!
A non jealous relationship is a loveless one!
Only the wise can discern 😎
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by galantjoe(m): 7:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Jealousy is a negative emotion. It belongs to group of extremist emotions, So it is antisocial behavior to show a violent jealousy
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by TVTM2023: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2023
Jealousy is a demonic spirit!!!
Envy and jealousy are like two demonic spirits that ruin relationships
I dislike any one envious or jealous
What does jealousy entail in both directions!!
1)The jealous or envious person is doing so because their objects or subjects of jealousy is not giving them attention,respect or reciprocation of love or gestures or their desired place in their hearts or minds
Meanwhile the subject or object of the jealousy may not know exactly what the stupid envious or jealous person is feeling about them!!!!
2)The envious or jealous person feels thy have given too much and that the object or subject of jealously must repay them or they start acting insecurely towards them
3)The envious or jealous person interrupts conversation between the object or subject of their jealousy and the neutral person under any circumstances just to want to be in the equation eg If a lady is jealous of another lady,when the other lady is talking to any man the same lady is jealous for,she will interrupt or act surreptitiously!!!
4)Jealous or envious people are quick to discover flaws in the subject or object of their jealousy when around people,but act loving when alone,so it is a red flag.
A jealous lady or envious lady who has been giving green light to a man who is not aware or doesnt love her at all ,would become picky on him,acts crazy when he talks or angry if he talks to other lady's but would suddenly begin to acts nice around him alone all because she only wants to hear information about affairs going on between him and his girl that the lady is jealous off!!
4)A jealous or envious lady questions the neutral lady and believes they cannot offer anything better than them to the object or subject of their jealousy
5)An envious or jealous lady is ready to cut asunder any relationship a neutral lady has with her object or subject of JEALOUSY at any cost even if it costs a life!!
6)An envious or jealous lady suddenly backs out where she is suppose to be active normally and is a spy and becomes active when a neutral person is around with the object or subject of her jealousy
7)it is worse among women and it's a stupid behaviour because a mother can become envious or jealous of her daughters relationship with men and vice versa!!
A blood sister can become jealous of her relationship with her sister if she is around the object or subject of her envy or jealousy.
Object( what they want to possess eg material things ,financial,intelligence ,education,position,power) subject( a man or woman)
coolif I discover as iam neutral that iam.in the midst of four jealous women,I will end all relationships with all four,I rather loose than lose my life!!!
It's better you correct them than being with one of them and other three is tearing you apart as you become a ridicle,a subject of discussions and contentions among them behind your back daily and in secret!!
9) NEVER marry any envious or jealous lady or man who is not delivered,you will be in bondage as they cannot also allow you move near any other person,they become an FBI to you and don't give you breathing space be it at work or for business relationships.
They are always suspicious or questioning
10)An envious or jealous person shows unwavering abd shocking loyalty and commitment for a bad cause until THEY POSSESS THE OBJECT OR SUBJECT OF THEIR JEALOUSY OR ENVY.
while a neutral man or woman they are wanting to be with may not know anything ,this is what happens
11)They can never give you peace!!
You discover you are in the midst of trouble because they imitate all you do,copy all you don't also do and challenge you in public even shutting down all your suggestions.so they are pleased while you get displeased being with them.
12)They are ambitious,they can live with you for a long period of time through thick and thin but not for a genuine sacrifice but out of their own envy and jealousy.
They infiltrate into your live through capricious means!
They love you with a wrong heart
They care for you with a wrong heart
You become a CONMPENSATION TO THEM IF YOU END UP FALLING IN LOVE WITH THEM
13)THEY would have ruined everything around you with their cover up lies and false accusation attitude before you discover
14)THEY ACT behind you than in front or with you!
15)They oppose you sinisterly
Run for your life
Just bind the demons of envy and JEALOUSY
16)They are overly protective and in so doing shut your own doors of progress with such attitudes,they may not also have any feelings for you but scare genuine ladies or girls or men who have feelings with you
17) They also deploy the same tactics of envy or jealousy to get back at you for being spiteful of them!!!
Eg two people or a couple who are jealous of a neutral copy can intermix with the neutral couple if they are fighting and use them to get back at each other!
18)A jealous or envious lady may be endowed but will be after a lady who has nothing as her
She may still want to even take what the less endowed lady has
19)They are covetous
20) Their self sacrifice is questionable
21) They lie that the subject of their jealousy is theirs eg he is my man,stay away!
She is my woman,don't near her
They become aggressive and possessive but cool down when with their subject of jealousy or envy
22)it all makes you doubt their sincerity! They can never be sincere and use what you tell them against YOU!!!
23)They are happy seeing you sorrowful and sad for a misunderstanding you have with your own lady or man!!!
They are so happy and rejoice in heart and they may have misinformed your man or lady on something that you did and when you are at misunderstanding,they come in between and begin to play comforter mean while they are the cause of it all!
24)They are tormented at seeing you happy with your own crush or boo they want to have!
25)it's best to stay clear of them if you see they are s majority in a circle and they have always something you cannot give,never engage ,just pray!!
26)Their boldness toward you is questionable also!
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by flexxyworld(m): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Giving what

Giving everything, time, support, attention, money, everything.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by flexxyworld(m): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2023
Trustmea:

So giving is only proof of love to you wawu

Even the Bible said for God “so loved” the world, that he “GAVE” . I’m sure your mind was processing money, when I said giving. But for you to even love, you have to give yourself up.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by achimendy(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
I would love to know y'all view of this...

It's normal to jealous, everyone admire good things and want to have it,but if it makes you do something bad then then I see it as wickedness.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by flexxyworld(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2023
DECENTBWOY:
Not everyone will agree with u on this..

Bros. Everyone doesn’t have to agree with me. It’s an open discussion. grin grin grin
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by TVTM2023: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2023
It is not normal to be jealous,you know why
If God has joined two people asunder,man can never put them asunder!
An envious of jealous people can put one asunder if God hasn't joined both together.
Satan was the first jealous and envious person of God!
He felt he knew all about God to become GOD,BUT by such attitude became unlike God who does no evil.
An envious or jealous person can never do anything good at such moments.
The reason why it is so is because an envious or jealous person wants control.
God was the owner of everything,he doesn't need to control anyone nor put his will on them.
Satan on the other hand a creature of God,fell because of envy and jealousy!
He wanted to control every other angel!
Do you know why God said he is a jealous God and that you must have no other god beside him!
It is because when Satan was canvassing and playing politics of envy jealousy and bitterness in heaven,God was watching his every move!
Satan became unrepentant because he abused his FREE WILL DELIBERATELY against God and still went to do same to Adam and eve cutting them asunder in sin from God.
If you are the owner of everything,how will you feel when someone is trying to take it away from you??

quote author=achimendy post=124731104]

It's normal to jealous, everyone admire good things and want to have it,but if it makes you do something bad then then I see it as wickedness.

[/quote]
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by TVTM2023: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2023
Never trade your love for an envious or jealous individual,Pls run away from them because as long as you are their subject of envy and jealousy,YOU CANNOT KNOW PEACE!
Why would a girl fight for my love? If God says she is mine,why fighting to love me?
Why would a man fight for my love ,if God says he is mine,why fighting others to love me?
Is love a survival game?
Has God bot given all things freely to his children?
Why are you fighting others to love someone and why is someone fighting others to be with you all in the name.of.jealousy and envy?
Does it make sense?
In the future if you marry the jealous or envious person,what will she do to your relationship around you outside hers or him?
She will ruin everything because a jealous or envious person has no principle,they get back at anyone
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by flexxyworld(m): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2023
deltateam:

So God is insecure? It means you expect your spouse to consider your feelings in relationship with others usually of opposite sex but they are insensitive.

I didn’t fully grasp what you were trying to say. But please let’s not bring God into this.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by megabank(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2023
I think you should state with clarity the nature of the jealousy you bring forth for discussion. If it the kind of jealousy that arises from the discovery of a spouse cheat(whether actual cheating or constructive cheating), that to me is justified considering the sanctity that morality places on fidelity in spousal relationship.

However, unnecessary suspision of spousal cheating or potential cheating when the jealoused spouse is merely engaging in his/her reasonably social, business, work, religious etc routines is bad for relationship and must be adequately addressed. It is a negative mental condition that should be tamed with urgency. The subject of jealousy should not only be viewed within the context of spousal relationship. Chances are that a person exhibiting unbearable jealousy in a spousal or intending spousal relationship will exhibit same in his social, family and work relationships.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by megabank(m): 8:46am On Jul 29, 2023
It is a negative mental condition that should be tamed with urgency. The subject of jealousy should not only be viewed within the context of spousal relationship. Chances are that a person exhibiting unbearable jealousy in a spousal or intending spousal relationship will exhibit same in his social, family and work relationships.
Re: Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? by kelspinall(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2023
jealousy is for the weak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chatting Drills!! / Why Do Most Men Drink Alomo Bitter Before Sleeping With A Lady / What Is The Creepiest Thing Someone Did To Get In Your Pants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.