Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi (13606 Views)

2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose / Tinubu: If Elected President, I’ll Work On Ensuring 24/7 Power Supply / Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by BoldBrainz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
seguno2:

How is asking for numbers of people employed, and the percentage of children in free schools as well as the percentage of buildings with water, not being objective

I'm pretty certain I answered this very concern of yours with my previous response.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Metrofox(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Isobug:

Con man.....I laugh at you. You think we're like you. For 2 years now, I'm not in Nigeria

Wait are you in support of the idiot tinubu or not?
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Elibaba1: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
BossGerald:

Pls leave engr Dave umahi out of tinubu's misery, dave is focused.

He did in small ebonyi what tinubu couldn't do in lagos in 8yrs

I will applaud that guy 1billion times over Wike.
Go and see Abakaliki. I am a northerner but Omo!!!!
I was wowed when I went there in October 2022.
Umahi should be Minister of works by all standards.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by GanagiBitrus: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Oga relax.

We're allowed to have reservations about our politicians, yes. But it shouldn't be a yardstick for us to ignore the sanctity of facts and reason. At least we can all agree that David Umahi did well as a governor in Ebonyi state. Best we can hope is for him to keep up the efficiency at the federal level.
Are you a polithiefcian or perhaps you are one of those benefiting from them.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by BoldBrainz(m): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Are you a polithiefcian or perhaps you are one of those benefiting from them.

I have to be a politician or benefit from one before I call a spade for what it is?
What kind of warped mindset are you walking around with?!
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Elibaba1: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
SmartPolician:
Dave Umahi said he doesn't know the ministry he would head. The law that compelled the president to appoint ministers within 60 days should be amended to compel him to include their ministeries too.

How can the senate even interview people who they don't know the offices they intend to hold? That doesn't make sense.

If I was Dave Umahi, I wouldn't ditch the senate for a ministerial slot though.

You won’t ditch a place where you will be all over ver Nigeria? With Hundreds of Billions to run capital projects and also head juicy departments and agencies? (For example:If you are MInister for transport the Nigeria Port Authority is under you, NIMASA, Rail way cooperative etc. If you are Minister of communications, NCC is under you, If you are Minister of Niger Delta, NDDC is directly under you, If your are Minister of works, FERMA is directly under you and so forth) You will always be accessible to the villa and have audience with the president one on one. Seat in the chambers for weekly FEC Meetings.(You know what that means)Run overhead cost and travel out frequently to meet other ministers around the world?
It is only when you are a principal officer ( Senate President, Dep Senate President, Majority leader, Dep Majority leader, Chief Whip, Deputy Chief whip etc) that you Will strongly consider not resigning. Apart from your constituency projects fund the only place where you will see money to squander as an ordinary floor member is if you are assigned to chair a juicy committee. Like Appropriation, Finance, Public Account or works.on oversight functions.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Elev82014: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
STOP your lies Mr. Umahi. Why NOT be honest for once in your lifetime and tell the whole world that you're only looking out for your own best interest?
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Gaabasky: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Play National politic maturely, avoid any tribal remarks and don't let emotional becloud your sense of judgement.
Me I knew Tinubu is grooming you for future President.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Tianow: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
Senator Osita ngwu playing ebonyi politics while Enugu is on fire.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Aluckiest(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
UMAHI will later cry when PETER OBI win at tribunal; by then, he must have forfeited his senatorial seat.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Lovelive: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
What will you do to him if all his promises made are not kept?
And what will we do to you if you fail to this vow ?

*Modified
What did you do to Mohammadu B. for his total failure over the pass solid 8 years ?
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Sermwell(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ebubu3:
Expect ipob supporters to start crying on this thread
You're funny I swear! Everyone is crying in Nigeria now! Not only your illusionary Igbos alone!

I actually believe people like you are kids on this forum who are still fed by thier parents! Go out there and work, you'll know what's happening!
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Karlosorji(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
BossGerald:

you mean the useless airport he built just for nothing cos in two months nothing has happened there. When there's an airport in Enugu, I don't know the use for an ebonyi airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Ahcu22(f): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
If I remembered correctly, Tinubu only told us that it is his turn.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by GanagiBitrus: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I have to be a politician or benefit from one before I call a spade for what it is?
Leadership is the main problem of this country, & all the elite polithiefcians from Top to Bottom without exception are the reason the country is where it is today. So don't defend any of them, unless you are feeding fat from their table.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by GanagiBitrus: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Bad Leadership is the main problem of this country, & all the elite polithiefcians from Top to Bottom without exception are the reason the country is where it is today. So don't defend any of them, unless you are feeding fat from their table.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by BoldBrainz(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Leadership is the main problem of this country, & all the elite polithiefcians from Top to Bottom without exception are the reason the country is where it is today. So don't defend any of them, unless you are feeding fat from their table.

Please don't create issues where there are none.

I am not here to have a protracted argument with you over issues of vague relevance to the topic under discourse. I have specifically addressed what is of utmost concern to me, and if it doesn't sit well with you, kindly take your ramblings elsewhere. Cause it's very obvious you're in the mood to "carry me go where I no know".
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by GanagiBitrus: 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Please don't create issues where there are none.

I am not here to have a protracted argument with you over issues of vague relevance to the topic under discourse. I have specifically addressed what is of utmost concern to me, and if it doesn't sit well with you, kindly take your ramblings elsewhere. Cause it's very obvious you're in the mood to "carry me go where I no know".

It's on open forum Bro, where all are entitled to &free to express their respective opinions without molestation.
So if I express my opinion & you jump on my mention, then be ready to be "carried where you no know". smiley
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Chinedumejoooo: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
Great man
De workaholic of our time.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Deepspirituals: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
Politicians don't keep Promises .

Rather they Deny Making Promises and say they do not Promise to be a Magician .

They are concerned about there Families .

Common man ,Accept your fate .They care Less
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by onuman: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Umahi sold the people's mandate of PDP to APC. Man with no conscience. Umahi knows that APC does not wish Igbo people well.
Umahi should look at all the Igbos who founded APC and see how Tinubu/Buhari used and dumped them.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by olisaEze(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Which promise is this clown going to supervise, and what does he think he’ll do if the 🦇 reneges?? Minister of Promise Keeping abeg just shift joor, na hustle you dey like the rest of them that think it’s their turn to feed fat on our nation! Onye ala!! grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by BossGerald: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
Karlosorji:
you mean the useless airport he built just for nothing cos in two months nothing has happened there. When there's an airport in Enugu, I don't know the use for an ebonyi airport.

When will your Governor build anything tangible, even if na useless airport??
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by HussenAdul: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
For me o, to be a senator is more better than being a minister.
Senator is elected while minister is appointed.
Senator cannot be easily removed without going to court while minister can easily be sacked orally.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by 9jaRealist: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
BossGerald:

Exactly bro! He built an airport that no one uses…
Plus a “university hospital” that is largely unstaffed and unused.

Let’s not forget flyovers for a population lucky to use Okada and Keke…
Meanwhile, Ebonyi remains among the POOREST and “educationally disadvantaged” states.
>
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by 9jaRealist: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
HussenAdul:
For me o, to be a senator is more better than being a minister.
Senator is elected while minister is appointed.
Senator cannot be easily removed without going to court while minister can easily be sacked orally.

A Senator has the mandate of the PEOPLE…
A Minister has the mandate of ONE person.

Reason Nigerians prefer the latter over the former…
Is that it easier to STEAL as a Minister than as a Senator.
>

1 Like

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by 9jaRealist: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
SmartPolician:
Dave Umahi said he doesn't know the ministry he would head. The law that compelled the president to appoint ministers within 60 days should be amended to compel him to include their ministeries too.

How can the senate even interview people who they don't know the offices they intend to hold? That doesn't make sense.

If I was Dave Umahi, I wouldn't ditch the senate for a ministerial slot though.

If a president truly wants to RAISE standards and set GOOD precedents…
He (or she) wouldn’t need a law to compel him to do what’s commonsensical (eg, the US does so without a law).

Meanwhile, even the 60 days has become a “minimum” instead of a maximum…
If Obasanjo nominated ministers within 6 days, our supposedly “best-ever prepared” president shouldn’t need 60 days.
>
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Karlosorji(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
BossGerald:

When will your Governor build anything tangible, even if na useless airport??
we don get one now. Na time eee go take
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by Medphy: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Because you came distant fourth in the senatorial election and the court will sack you finally finally. You played smart.
Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by sunsweet33: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
Isobug:

And you think you are different? Those that call everything Igbo IPOB also regard you as IPOB whether or not you deny it. As far as you are from the east, you are regarded as IPOB by them.

Dave did well on infrastructure, (not welfare) though. I commend him for that but he's too self-centered

Self-centred people is what the place needed abeg. Ebonyi that has been a disaster zone since its inception is finally looking like a place fit for human habitation thanks to him

The new dude should handle the “selfless” humanistic ones. Though he looks too timid for my liking.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Work With Tinubu To Ensure All Promises Made Are Kept – Dave Umahi by walefresh3(m): 4:40am On Jul 30, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Like all Polithiefcians, you are working for your pocket.
headless mob spotted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vindication For Barcanista: The Real Reason APC Hate Me (pix) / Bode George Set To Join APC – Ajomale / Nigeria escapes another $1.8bn arbitration award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.