Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,525 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

What My Boss Did To Me. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What My Boss Did To Me. (24986 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by stanisbaratheon: 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
@OP,

your timing is wrong. You should have waited until you have enough money to move to your own apartment. Else, I don't know what you were expecting. You can't be in their house and not expect hostility considering that you just resigned from working for them.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Levels1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
Error401:
I am from SW, Osun state precisely. lived most of my life in Ibadan, Ikirun, Lagos and Iwo.
I mentioned the other region because I had a very bad experience with someone from other region. He had 4 original chargers which he took from our other friends, he wasnt using any of them, he was a friend. My charger spoilt and he was offering to sell. I remainded him, about how he got the chargers and we are friends. I thought he was joking till he insisted he's going to sell one for me at 4k!
I am still in disbelieve up till now.

Okay.

I should have noticed you are from Southwest when you never attack me despite all my words with insulte or curse.

And when you said your region, then I assume you're from Southwest.

I don't know what else to say anyways.

Best regards
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by HeroicMeastro: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

I left unceremoniously and I felt so sad and betrayed...

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

How can humans be so inhuman and ungrateful?

I have nothing to say to them, I put everything in God's hand.
So you decided to leave the job for your laundry business and you still want to be occupying the rented school's apartment?
That's selfish on your part too. Definitely, they will get your replacement and where do you want the person to stay?
If you want to leave, leave completely, get a new place and start your business life.
Wish you success.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by AutoChick4U(f): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

How can you quit to run ur business and still be doing the business in their staff house!? Who gave u that advise? Chai
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Afamed: 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
talented321:
The boss is a woman'' then that is their nature majority of them has that problem..
Una too like to fall for emotions.

He had a contract with them. He terminated the contract.

Don't you think, the woman will need the room for the comfort of the new teacher?

2 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by ChengHun(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thank God you too the bold step to leave. I did teaching for 3 years, nothing to show for it
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by talented321: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ok''' how far, do have a nice day
Afamed:

Una too like to fall for emotions.

He had a contract with them. He terminated the contract.

Don't you think, the woman will need the room for the comfort of the new teacher?
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Error401: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Same, to you, I dont mean to be tribalistic, but I realise that this kind of ideology, respect and compromise could only be found in the highest value in SW

Best regards too

Levels1:

Okay.

I should have noticed you are from Southwest when you never attack me despite all my words with insulte or curse.

And when you said your region, then I assume you're from Southwest.

I don't know what else to say anyways.

Best regards

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by fkj950ax(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

You aren't a serious person.

You want to stay in the staff quarters while A) you are no longer a staff, and B) you want to run your business from the staff quarters of a school you are not part of any longer?

I don't know why you think it is okay to have a one-sided conversation with a man, while you work for the wife. That's some serious lack of maturity on your part. You can't split a couple's decision making. In fact, you were dubious going to the husband and sidelining the wife.

And you trying to claim all the growth the school achieved was because you (most especially) was part of the school. If you didn't get the job, someone else would have gotten it, and the school would have STILL achieved growth. In fact, we don't know if the school would have achieved more growth if you weren't working with them sef.

She is not your mother of girlfriend, or side-chick, so why are you sounding bitter about a birthday greeting. YOUR WORK COLLEAGUES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY. DO YOUR JOB. GET PAID. GO HOME. Don't expect them to love you and wish you happy birthday. Not to talk of your boss.

Your boss or employer has no reason to be grateful to you the worker or employee. It's a two way contract. Do your job. Get paid. End of Discussion.

I don't think anyone was ungrateful or acted inhuman to you. You are immature and not ready for business. You should have saved and rented your own place before resigning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by iampeterben(m): 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
You should have been working towards standing on your own before this time. Not to worry keep pushing hard, your reward is in heaven. Not in the hands of your madam. God help you always.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by OVB123: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
Powerhouse5050:
Nigerians and Shady Plan

You decided to leave the School which is great decision

However does it ever occur to you that the new recruited teacher may need the same room for accommodation?

Your last day in school should also be your last day at the school apartment.

You even left your job without having a shop to continue your business but you wanted to continue using the electricity paid by you or school to do dry cleaning business.

You are bringing more load to power generation and surely I'm convinced monthly electricity bill would eventually be a problem.

You are worried about birthday greetings when you should be worried about half baked plan you got.

The school management did the right thing.
You expect him to continue as a school teacher in this present economic reality? Fear God abeg.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Levels1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
Error401:
Same, to you, I dont mean to be tribalistic, but I realise that this kind of ideology, respect and compromise could only be found in the highest value in SW

Best regards too

Lolz 🤣

I'm from OGUN state.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by youngsahito(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
lavylilly:
Never tell your boss your plans
Hmmmm
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

Your are Cordially welcome to the Abode of Sadistic beings.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Conciergeofcrim: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Is the name of the school divinity
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
youngsahito:
People never wanted to see somebody below them to be successful. They rather see you beg for food every day and worship them.
Almighty God will help you to be an achiever. You should have had a plan b because women are the assistant to devil.

✔✔✔
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
ednut1:
The problem is you. You started a new business in the house they gave you as a teacher Who does that

Hmmmm👍

Who Does Such Thing!!!
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by soccerlite: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
phemmyfour:
You shot yourself in the foot.

For an average naija employer, once you are of no benefit or useful to them, all benefits you were enjoying while working for them stops immediately. Go n get a laundry room elsewhere, vacate the apartment in peace. People like that can even return what is left of your rent.

Even in international companies or faith based companies when you resign they receive their property in your custody from your usage

2 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by SenatorIyke: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
It's normal. Just vacate the room and the shop and look for somewhere else. Who knows it might be far better than where u are now
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by phemmyfour: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
soccerlite:

Even in international companies or faith based companies when you resign they receive their property in your custody from your usage
Not an apartment that they use business
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Xpol: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sorry OP but the funniest part of your story is where you said she didn't wish you happy birthday as if the wishes would have doubled your account balance

I see you as the type who likes to take credit and be appreciated for everything and if you don't change that lifestyle you'll continue having the feelings that many people around you are ungrateful.

The least thing you need in life is to be expecting praises from people. So my dear work on those areas

Concerning your leaving, maybe they've seen that you've contributed positively to the development of their school and your leaving would/might have some kind of effect. lf that's the case, are you expecting them to be clapping for you? Andwhy did you think they'll still allow you to continue leaving in their house.

Lastly, your present situation is just a little challenge and part of what you have to face in life along the way to your prosperity. Don't let it weigh you down It shall pass. Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by LikeAking: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

Nobody owe you anything.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by youngsahito(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
patorial:

The Op just wrote to tarnish the image of his Boss, where was he expecting his replacement to lodge?

Business don run with emotion

He didn't even see anything wrong running a laundry service in his former employer's facility .
What is their to tarnish? You didn't see how he has develop the school for them. You won't read a full story but you just jump to conclusion.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by patorial(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
youngsahito:
What is their to tarnish? You didn't see how he has develop the school for them. You won't read a full story but you just jump to conclusion.

He developed the school by investing or what?
Don't he get paid for each term he taught there?
Anyways there is no point argue with you.
I hope you let you ex employee do whatever when you start a cooperate business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Freelancerr(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
If you have the money, you can start the business Asap.

There's no crime if you sleep in your laundry shop..

👌

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by b3llo(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
Carcholce:
Brother Bernard, what were you expecting?

Nigerians have too much entitlement mentality. They paid you for your services. You terminated your services and still expect the benefits to remain? What if they need the room for their new employee?

The moment you resigned, you should have moved out within the next days and find your root.

Happy birthday or not, it will not stop you from seeing next year and achieving your goals. Pack out of that room and face reality.
the op needs a brain formatting slap. Does he expect the school to respect his wish after terminating what binds them to earn a room.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Germi9: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

You were too forward
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by youngsahito(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
fkj950ax:

You aren't a serious person.

You want to stay in the staff quarters while A) you are no longer a staff, and B) you want to run your business from the staff quarters of a school you are not part of any longer?

I don't know why you think it is okay to have a one-sided conversation with a man, while you work for the wife. That's some serious lack of maturity on your part. You can't split a couple's decision making. In fact, you were dubious going to the husband and sidelining the wife.

And you trying to claim all the growth the school achieved was because you (most especially) was part of the school. If you didn't get the job, someone else would have gotten it, and the school would have STILL achieved growth. In fact, we don't know if the school would have achieved more growth if you weren't working with them sef.

She is not your mother of girlfriend, or side-chick, so why are you sounding bitter about a birthday greeting. YOUR WORK COLLEAGUES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY. DO YOUR JOB. GET PAID. GO HOME. Don't expect them to love you and wish you happy birthday. Not to talk of your boss.

Your boss or employer has no reason to be grateful to you the worker or employee. It's a two way contract. Do your job. Get paid. End of Discussion.

I don't think anyone was ungrateful or acted inhuman to you. You are immature and not ready for business. You should have saved and rented your own place before resigning.
Seems you haven't been an employee b4. Una go come here dey talk anyhow.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by ashewoboy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

Business owners are ruthless. You did not mention it buh from your narration it seems these couples you mentioned are pastors🙂.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Fantazy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

You should have waited till December when u will get your place. So when u resign, u park out immediately. 99% of employers don't wish to see their hardworking staff leave. That's the mostly the human nature
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by youngsahito(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
[quote author=patorial post=124741124]

He developed the school by investing or what?
Don't he get paid for each term he taught there?
Anyways there is no point argue with you.
I hope you let you ex employee do whatever when you start a cooperate business.[/quite]was he duly compensated, you work for an organization for more than how many years and they can't allow you to benefit from them. You own employee would be cruel and wicked to your employer. You will always support contract job against a full staff. Evil is in black men.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Ifyok50(m): 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
The mistake actually is from the Op. You didn't plan well enough. Before resigning, you should have gotten those structures and utilities down. Emotions aside. You don't mistake somebody else's property for your own, since you are no longer with them.

Just move on. At least, you have learnt a lesson. Next time you will be able to make a more critical assessment and analysis, resulting in better decisions.

You have learnt. May God send you help from Zion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / 20 Things 20-year-olds Dont Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.