Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What My Boss Did To Me. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What My Boss Did To Me. (24987 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Smithwilliams826: 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

I left unceremoniously and I felt so sad and betrayed...

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

How can humans be so inhuman and ungrateful?

I have nothing to say to them, I put everything in God's hand.
She does not wish you well. If she does, she won't give you negative reaction. Guy it's good news. You crying over a spilled milk is childish.

Na time to they laugh and smile. Smile at her always if she furstrate you. Confuse the dev!l B4 you leave.

Not your parents business. Forward ever.....
(Too much talk)
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Na so life be, no one wants your progress; they only want to use you.
Don't worry, God will help you.
Just stay strong.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Sarang(f): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
fkj950ax:

You aren't a serious person.

You want to stay in the staff quarters while A) you are no longer a staff, and B) you want to run your business from the staff quarters of a school you are not part of any longer?

I don't know why you think it is okay to have a one-sided conversation with a man, while you work for the wife. That's some serious lack of maturity on your part. You can't split a couple's decision making. In fact, you were dubious going to the husband and sidelining the wife.

And you trying to claim all the growth the school achieved was because you (most especially) was part of the school. If you didn't get the job, someone else would have gotten it, and the school would have STILL achieved growth. In fact, we don't know if the school would have achieved more growth if you weren't working with them sef.

She is not your mother of girlfriend, or side-chick, so why are you sounding bitter about a birthday greeting. YOUR WORK COLLEAGUES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY. DO YOUR JOB. GET PAID. GO HOME. Don't expect them to love you and wish you happy birthday. Not to talk of your boss.

Your boss or employer has no reason to be grateful to you the worker or employee. It's a two way contract. Do your job. Get paid. End of Discussion.

I don't think anyone was ungrateful or acted inhuman to you. You are immature and not ready for business. You should have saved and rented your own place before resigning.

Guy!
You are one of the most SENSIBLE HUMAN I have ever seen! EVERYTHING you said!!

2 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by grandstar(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050
I sense some naivety in you.

How has she responded to other teachers that resigned? Did she welcome it with open arms or was bitter? There must have been red flags but you failed to see them.

Why would you be using your school accommodation to carry out your laundry business? It is so outrageous to even think it cropped up in your head. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Even if the owner allowed, there would be fierce opposition to it so much to it that she would eventually cave in to pressure and kick you out.. It is like a slap to the face.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Sarang(f): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
fkj950ax:

You aren't a serious person.

You want to stay in the staff quarters while A) you are no longer a staff, and B) you want to run your business from the staff quarters of a school you are not part of any longer?

I don't know why you think it is okay to have a one-sided conversation with a man, while you work for the wife. That's some serious lack of maturity on your part. You can't split a couple's decision making. In fact, you were dubious going to the husband and sidelining the wife.

And you trying to claim all the growth the school achieved was because you (most especially) was part of the school. If you didn't get the job, someone else would have gotten it, and the school would have STILL achieved growth. In fact, we don't know if the school would have achieved more growth if you weren't working with them sef.

She is not your mother of girlfriend, or side-chick, so why are you sounding bitter about a birthday greeting. YOUR WORK COLLEAGUES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY. DO YOUR JOB. GET PAID. GO HOME. Don't expect them to love you and wish you happy birthday. Not to talk of your boss.

Your boss or employer has no reason to be grateful to you the worker or employee. It's a two way contract. Do your job. Get paid. End of Discussion.

I don't think anyone was ungrateful or acted inhuman to you. You are immature and not ready for business. You should have saved and rented your own place before resigning.

Guy!
You are one of the most SENSIBLE HUMAN I have ever seen! EVERYTHING you said!!

It's the stupidity of some men to think that a woman is nothing! You work for the wife you went to talk to the man.. as what!!

What stupidity and immaturity.

2 Likes

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by grandstar(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nazgul:
As long as you're being paid for services you render to an organization, your argument of labouring and toiling day and night wouldn't hold any water.

That's why staffs are expected to request for a salary review once they begin to feel that the salary they're being paid doesn't match their contributions to the organization.

That said, you resigned from work and still expect to retain the official accommodation, that's very wrong of you. You're leaving them, this means that whoever would be employed to take over your duties would definitely need that room.

You should have planned this out before resigning. You should have opened the dry-cleaning center in that room whilst still doing your teaching job, in the evenings you wash and iron clothes for customers, in the mornings you go to school. It would have been better that way.

Next time seek counsel before taking any decision, so that you won't live to regret it.

Correct. And if questioned, he'll just reply , "Some private practice to augment my salary." I am sure the school owner would support him as long as it does not adversely affect his service delivery to the school.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by BreconHills(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I worked in a school for four years and I decided to resign to establish my own business, a laundry business to be precise.

Immediately I gave my boss a month's notice, she turned me into her enemy immediately, and she became so bitter towards me.

The school is run by husband and wife and I discussed with d husband who is the director that I still wish to maintain the room in the staff quarter till December that the house rent should be deducted from my last salary because our rent is being deducted every month from our salary.

The director agreed, wished me well and even advised me further on other things.

My last day at work was Wednesday and happened to be my birthday, this woman never wished me a happy birthday but instead a full manifestation of bitterness that was open to all to see. I made sure I fulfilled her requests but I cried cos I felt let down and betrayed... I joined the school when the college was only jss1 and 2 and now with d help of God and my hard work and those of others, the school has developed and grown to ss3

I'm into teaching aspect and also extracurricular activities that I do teach the students and won many things for the school regarding that.

Yesterday the director messaged me I'll have to vacate the room I'm occupying and this house is where I'm doing laundry, I planned to be there till Dec and then move away when I start making some money from my laundry.

There is nothing wrong with moving on to your own business. But using the school premises to launch the business would require extraordinary empathy and kindness from most people.

Wish you well in uour quest. Blessings.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Waffarianman(m): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:

Attimes we humans thinkseveryone are the same, I don't update people my plans I just take you on aware.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by lolu2019: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2023
youngsahito:
People never wanted to see somebody below them to be successful. They rather see you beg for food every day and worship them.
Almighty God will help you to be an achiever. You should have had a plan b because women are the assistant to devil.
they are the real devil.u know y Nigeria is in dis mess.it is because we have bad and heartless women everywhere.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
You can't resign from a job and still hold the benefits of the job.
What happens if your replacement needs an accommodation?

This is not the woman being unfair, it is her being professional.

You weren't doing them any favor when you started back to work for four years. You were being paid to do the job.

You didn't plan yourself well. You should have saved enough to rent a room before resigning to do your laundry.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by DIntegrity: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
Carcholce:
Brother Bernard, what were you expecting?

Nigerians have too much entitlement mentality. They paid you for your services. You terminated your services and still expect the benefits to remain? What if they need the room for their new employee?

The moment you resigned, you should have moved out within the next days and find your root.

Happy birthday or not, it will not stop you from seeing next year and achieving your goals. Pack out of that room and face reality.

I respect the fact that you're being logical but that's why we have another side to responses, which entails consideration and empathy.

While it is true we're in a world where people can behave anyhow, I don't think it's entitlement to expect some form of consideration from people he's worked with for that long.
Mind you, if you read well, you'd find out that he's no ordinary teacher and has contributed value significantly. You can also notice that he talked about the sudden negative behaviour of his boss towards him ...he also stated that her husband was initially okay with it and gave him advice.

Truth be told, they acted wickedly. Even if they didn't want him to stay that long, they would have given a few months to make arrangements and leave.

Let's stop encouraging the fact that because he was paid for his services, he then has entitlement mentality for wanting to stay a little longer to sort himself out. Is he staying there for free?

Nevertheless, it serves as a lesson that alot of people we look up to do not have our success in mind. They wish you stay under them forever.

Looking at the number of likes your comments have, it's clear that we're seriously in trouble because we believe money exchange suffices for every contribution or value we give in life.

Lastly, he had to learn the hard way to have a proper plan and not to be too dependent/expect much from people because they're after all humans.

1 Like

Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by jimcaddy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
The average Nigerian is like that. Na our nature. We wicked gaan for this country and we are blooodyy hypocrites. It's these same couple that will be pastors in their churches or hold respectable positions in church. Meanwhile na them get black heart pass.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by MrFly(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Pleasantries aren't a must and maintaining an organizations property after resignation is a no! Dont feel betrayed
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Carcholce: 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
DIntegrity:

I respect the fact that you're being logical but that's why we have another side to responses, which entails consideration and empathy.

While it is true we're in a world where people can behave anyhow, I don't think it's entitlement to expect some form of consideration from people he's worked with for that long.
Mind you, if you read well, you'd find out that he's no ordinary teacher and has contributed value significantly. You can also notice that he talked about the sudden negative behaviour of his boss towards him ...he also stated that her husband was initially okay with it and gave him advice.

Truth be told, they acted wickedly. Even if they didn't want him to stay that long, they would have given a few months to make arrangements and leave.

Let's stop encouraging the fact that because he was paid for his services, he then has entitlement mentality for wanting to stay a little longer to sort himself out. Is he staying there for free?

Nevertheless, it serves as a lesson that alot of people we look up to do not have our success in mind. They wish you stay under them forever.

Looking at the number of likes your comments have, it's clear that we're seriously in trouble because we believe money exchange suffices for every contribution or value we give in life.

Lastly, he had to learn the hard way to have a proper plan and not to be too dependent/expect much from people because they're after all humans.

Okay. I get your point. Let’s flip it.

Encourage the OP not to resign but to remain and continue to help the school to grow, in respect to consideration and empathy. In the next 10 to 15 years the school must have grown to build its own university, with the help of the OP of course. How about that?
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by ukaface(f): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
talented321:
The boss is a woman'' then that is their nature majority of them has that problem..
then the husband is a weakling, there are lots of weaklings parading as men nowadays
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by MarketDispatch: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
Benard5050:
I

So, if they hire your replacement since you don't want to work for them again, where do you want them to house the person?

It is company property that comes with your position and immediately you stop work, you are meant to handover all company properties in your possession.

You could have employed someone to run the laundry for you while you work till it starts to make money and stand on its own rather than testing the depth of water with both feet .
Now, you don't have a job, no place to stay, laundry has not generated 1 naira, you don't even have where to do the laundry, and you will start eating your savings if you don't do something fast in this Tinubu period.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by adslipps: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2023
You didn’t plan your resignation well. How can you occupy a room in the staff quarters, even establish your laundry business there. Resigning from ur job means you are leaving everything behind. In the real sense you supposed to vacate your room for the person that will replace you.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 30, 2023
youngsahito:
People never wanted to see somebody below them to be successful. They rather see you beg for food every day and worship them.
Almighty God will help you to be an achiever. You should have had a plan b because women are the assistant to devil.

ℓικє ιγαєϐє
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by tioyoung(m): 7:22am On Jul 30, 2023
Benard5050:

This person must be a woman
😂
Cry cry baby
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by oka4ugoo: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nazgul:
As long as you're being paid for services you render to an organization, your argument of labouring and toiling day and night wouldn't hold any water.

That's why staffs are expected to request for a salary review once they begin to feel that the salary they're being paid doesn't match their contributions to the organization.

That said, you resigned from work and still expect to retain the official accommodation, that's very wrong of you. You're leaving them, this means that whoever would be employed to take over your duties would definitely need that room.

You should have planned this out before resigning. You should have opened the dry-cleaning center in that room whilst still doing your teaching job, in the evenings you wash and iron clothes for customers, in the mornings you go to school. It would have been better that way.

Next time seek counsel before taking any decision, so that you won't live to regret it.

You said it all bro.
Re: What My Boss Did To Me. by lavylilly: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2023
youngsahito:
Hmmmm
Yes, NEVER! I was supposed to be the first Uber female driver, I informed my boss then that I needed a loan to get a car, that at the same time the car can serve me as a marketing manager,he said, he would think about it. I went back informing him again and he said I didn't tell him how I will pay back and I told him they would take a % from my salary and some proceeds from the Uber business. That's was the beginning of the hatred till I left the company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! / Policewoman Hailed For Controlling Traffic Under Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt / 20 Things 20-year-olds Dont Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.