Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged (37958 Views)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Salemacad: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
[quote author=HRMK post=124758820]ARE YOU REALLY HUMAN OR SOMETHING ELSE?WHAT A BIG SHAME!THIS IS HIGHLY UNBELIEVABLE!![/quotedont insult her dear live can bite really hard]
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by kushme: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
CILAX:
" help us renew our house rent"
Make them no use advice kill you for wahala that can be solved with money. Your point has been noted

Walai, you don talk everything with few lines.
Na money she need. 😓. And she said the husband is a nice person oh. I feel for them. I no get money to help. I hope a generous person with money go help her.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by LivingSage: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
What's wrong with her seeking help to renew their rent?
poshestmina:
"Help us renew our house" undecided. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by bravehost4u(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Good morning everyone. I have to create this account to post this.
I can't even sleep at night lately.

I'm so tired and I need help right now. I have been doing this all by myself for so long now, without much complain but now, I need help.
Before I got married to my husband, I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department, Working his way to travel abroad to continue his education. We were just friends, but I liked him. He kept on asking me out, but I declined. I wanted to graduate first.
We parted ways in year two. He changed school, so, I knew nothing about him again till years later.
Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married.
after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.
Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again. Since then, he became jobless again.
The financial burden is all on me. Right now, we can't afford to renew our rent.
I lost my business capital some times ago in wrong business, since then, it has been so much struggles.

I'm trying hard but it's not enough.
I'm thinking of working away, but to where? what about my children? Who will be there for them? What about him? But I'm tired of being in a marriage where I have to struggle for everything, where I can not depend on my man.
Pls, help us renew our house rent.

What do I do?

Just because he is now jobless and you are the breadwinner then he is mentally deranged.
Women and their attitude.
Madam you are the person pushing him to that point.
From the way you sounded here with statements like; he wasted all his resources pursuing abroad dreams, how you have been handling all finances, it his obvious you have denied him peace and pushed him to the point of depression with your mouth.
I have seen similar situations and almost nearly experienced one myself.
This your own side of the story is designed to paint you the perfect one and him the useless one. Remains his own side and the truth,
Until then stop frustrating the guy man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by LivingSage: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Please this is not necessary here. If you can't console her, it's better you don't add to her problem with this disturbing claim
jeromestarks:
Handle your problem alone.
You rejected good men who approached you when you were younger and beautiful to marry this mentally retardant.
You chose your destiny. You should suffer it alone.

Never pity a woman who is suffering in her home. Good men came for her but she rejected them saying "he's too short, he doesn't have money, he's to tall, he doesn't have a car etc" and settled for a guy who used suya to bribe her.

Many women wished the men they rejected came back. But guess what, none will come back.

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by TheGift: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
So sorry to hear about this. Especially as you have been trying all by yourself.

I don't have any advise for you now beyond not giving up on a brighter tomorrow for you, your children and even your husband wether he remains so or not.

I pray for wisdom guidance and break through very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Phraences: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
"Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married".

Madam are you sure you are ok. You married someone who wasted his resources and didn't graduate. Na jazz??

"after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man,"

You wanted to leave because of the issue but didn't and instead decided to drop another baby.

"Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again".

What is the mental issue exactly??!

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by LuQuLuQu(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

I'm so tired and I need help right now. I have been doing this all by myself for so long now, without much complain but now, I need help.
Before I got married to my husband, I didn't know he had a seasonal mental health challenge, but not violent.

I met him in the university, he was in medicine, he had dreams, very ambitious, one of the best in his department, Working his way to travel abroad to continue his education. We were just friends, but I liked him. He kept on asking me out, but I declined. I wanted to graduate first.
We parted ways in year two. He changed school, so, I knew nothing about him again till years later.
Reconnected with him years later after graduation, to my greatest surprise, he didn't graduate, wasted all his resources and couldn't travel out. We still love each other, so we got married.
after the birth of my first child, I wanted to leave him, but I couldn't because he was a good man, but with too many changes and I was the only one who truly care and was there for him.
Three years ago, he became much better. He got a small job, Started bringing in little for upkeep. I saw change and I was happy. We had our second child last year after 8yrs.
Since early this year, the whole thing came up again. Since then, he became jobless again.
The financial burden is all on me. Right now, we can't afford to renew our rent.
I lost my business capital some times ago in wrong business, since then, it has been so much struggles.

I'm thinking of working away, but to where? what about my children? Who will be there for them? What about him? But I'm tired of being in a marriage where I have to struggle for everything, where I can not depend on my man.

What do I do?

Scammer! Try another format. Ole!

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by AbuAeesha: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
You rejected good men who approached you when you were younger and beautiful to marry this mentally retardant.

Never pity a woman who is suffering in her home. Good men came for her but she rejected them saying "he's too short, he doesn't have money, he's to tall, he doesn't have a car etc" and settled for a guy who used suya to bribe her.

Many women wished the men they rejected came back. But guess what, none will come back.

What a mean response,
You could read where She stated that he is still a good person.

Put yourself in her shoes and think about it.

The fact that you might have been rejected by some ladies doesn't mean those ladies that rejected will become miserable in life.
Know this and be rational.
Peace!
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by ColdzOutside: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:
Yes.
We've tried and still trying.
They said is an attack. Family problem. We have been praying, maybe is yet time for God to intervine otherwise we have tried all our best
Do juju! Prayer without work is a waste of time. Seek spiritual way out. You were told na attack, if that person isn't spiritually inclined, how did he know ? Pastors and Alfas are all fake, scammers! Go to babalawo for help. Prayer won't solve that problem.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by warrior13: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hi,
I wish to help financially. Let me know how

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Tzar(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sadly, you married the man for the wrong reasons. You do not choose a husband based on emotions alone.
You married him primarily because you felt ‘in love’?! That is not supposed to be the primary reason to be married to a man. You can date or have a fling because of love, but you don’t marry because of love. You marry because you have a man you can respect, be loyal to and submit to, and this man MUST be competent and capable of protecting, providing for and loving you. Love from you should be a secondary offshoot of this complex but fundamental mix.
Sadly, the marriage is flawed and likely doomed. You can keep the marriage for your kids sake, but if it is about your long term happiness, you have to restrategize, with several loses for you here and there. It looks like the man is incapable of being a husband long term and you may have to move on if you want your sanity to be sustained. However, moving on comes at a huge cost and consequence too. Both scenarios are not in your favor.
You will have to bear the huge consequences of bad decisions. I think you should approach your religious organization and family for financial help too. I don’t think random online Nigerians are capable of helping you financially and long term.
I pray that God will guide you in the right path. Good luck!

beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Phraences: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
LuQuLuQu:

Scammer! Try another format. Ole!

Just seeing the line about the house rent. This one no be even be better scammer. The story no jell.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Originalsly: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm wondering if you're suffering from depression ... a form of mental illness. I am trying to understand how he was top student in the university but never graduated ..... and no warning bells went off in your head to make you find out why. Do you know if he was into drugs? ... that can cause mental illness? ... or is it that you were blinded by his potential and lofty dreams? At this point ... nothing in your write up has shown you are interested in getting to the root of the problem you described. But everything has pointed to the solution .... money ... which is unrelated to mental illness. This write up is about getting money to pay your rent .... all you wrote about him is unnecessary ... but we are so programmed to be deceptive that we can never tell the bitter truth .... it must be hidden in a mountain of lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by CHALLENGER: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dear sister, turn over the burden to the Lord and trust him for solution.

I can feel your pain but, God knows all things if he has allowed it just trust him to see you through. He is the burden bearer Matthew 11:28, just ensure you give your life to him and let him be your Lord and personal saviour, that is all and hand over the challenges to him.

Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
poshestmina:
"Help us renew our house" undecided. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
na women dey cast woman
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by ucheuzor1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
You want to leave the man now because he is jobless and can't provide. You're basically carrying the family and you see it as burden.

Men carry their jobless wife and children without anybody hearing about it. Women always play the victim card. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Originalsly:
■ I'm wondering if you're suffering from depression ... a form of mental illness. I am trying to understand how he was top student in the university but never graduated ..... and no warning bells went off in your head to make you find out why.
That isn't at all uncommon with many who are mentally ill. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
CHALLENGER:
Dear sister, turn over the burden to the Lord and trust him for solution.
I can feel your pain but, God knows all things if he has allowed it just trust him to see you through. He is the burden bearer Matthew 11:28, just ensure you give your life to him and let him be your Lord and personal saviour, that is all and hand over the challenges to him.
Stay blessed
God did not come to provide anyone with solutions to their many earthly problems so leave God out of it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by kayprinz(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Let trade and smile

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Johnchrix(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
This story doesn't seem true, You refused to date him because u wanted to graduate. Do u want to tell me that you were single all your university day's.. grin I guess those guys u loved, had a crush on some better and more beautiful ladies and u were left with no option than to come back to this man u call mentally ill

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Elliotwaveforec: 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Your husband isn't mentally challenged, just say you need financial help to pay your rent.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Onliie(m): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

Seek spiritual help. From my experience, whenever a great potential turns to great disappointment, unexplainably, unexpectedly, it had spiritual undertone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by jaxxy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
beautifulsoul12:

What do I do?

It wrong for a woman to be left to struggle for the upkeep of the whole family alone fie a long period of time cos it should be a joint effort bt there are special situations that may cause thos to be the case.

I would like to however ask what about his family? and ur family?

Why didn't u get adequate knowledge of whom and what u were getting into or was it hidden from u by him and his family?

Why didn't u ask the right questions like why he didn't graduate and other stuffs cos marriage I believe is a big step and we must ask all necessary questions and get satisfactory answers to over forward.

Now the situation is beyond ur control and his family and ur family aren't there to support u?

Is he getting medical help to manage his problem and what is the hope for a fully recovery or fairly normal life?

it is important to be honest with ur partner b4 entering marriage.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Onliie:
Seek spiritual help. From my experience, whenever a great potential turns to great disappointment, unexplainably, unexpectedly, it had spiritual undertone.
Seek spiritual help for what they admit are of mental origins.

So when you fail an exam, you believe there was some sort of spiritual undertone to it all? You don resolve your own delusion there finish? undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by airsaylongcome: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yankee101:

There’s a process
Mental illness has various types
He needs diagnosis then a prescription of requisite medication
The best place to take him to is a specialist psychiatrist
And if he is given medication, supervise him to ensure he takes it in the RIGHT quantity and time

What’s your location?

What are the types of mental illness? What kind of mental illness could be characterized by extreme paranoia and beliefs that people close to you are actively seeking to harm you.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by ComeToJesus: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
jeromestarks:

I believe your woman may need help too because you seem to need some therapy upstairs.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by sanya4good(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Your major problem is not in line with your request
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by airsaylongcome: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying for what exactly? You both went to school.... your husband a former medical student... and are both aware it is mental illness, yet you believe that claim that it is an attack? Are you saying that your husband is not currently getting treatment for the mental illness?

By the way, God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the prayers, praises, vows, offerings, tithes, gifts, petitions, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an unholy abomination to God. You would have faired better if you had both first focused on making sure he got his daily treatment instead. It is not too late to start. And it will help should your kids ever encounter similar. undecided

Are you a psychiatrist?
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Melvis100(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
Go to ZION MINISTRY IN LAGOS.. IF GOD NO HEAL AM CALL ME BASTARD!!!
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by Bornboy4: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sue for divorce or be a victim of domestic violence.
Re: I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged by theophorus(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
BeautifulSoul12

Thank You for all you have done and still doing for your Man and Kids.

Please don't give up, commit issues to prayer and speak to fews Friends and Family as the Spirit of the Lord guide you.

Please stay with Him and Your Kids, All will soon be Well.
SHALOM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Bankole: Who Has Found This Missing Lady?! / Kola Edokpayi Hails Man Marrying 2 Women A Day 'To Avoid Being Chidinmanized' / 10 Things A Woman Must Never Do To Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.