Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup (51012 Views)

Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That / Pedro Rodriguez, The First Player To Win The 5 Top Trophies In World Football / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Phoenix873: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2023
I am a Muslim ardent lover of football but this is a dumb innovation that will make women football unpleasant to watch.
FIFA had better think again and rescind the decision to allow females wear hijabs.
Football plus hijab is a stupid combo.
If you are so religious as to need to wear hijab all the times, then playing football is not for you.
Football or hijab? Choose one and stick to it.

8 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by dayleke: 10:13am On Jul 30, 2023
Crazy and interesting comments up there.

4 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by onuman: 10:13am On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.

Not having enough intelligence to question a male chauvinist Islamic doctrine which states that woman should cover head, if not, another man will go after the woman.
Foolishness of order and Foolishness in still obeying the order, that's what this woman displays in the pitch.
By the way, football is not Islamic culture. Why would she play football?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by tnerro1(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2023
Nothing wrong here, just wish they will let other religions breathe

2 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Creamypie(m): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2023
Religion of by force or die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Validated: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2023
Football and competitive sports are not for muslims who want to wear religious dresses. She could play because Australia is cold at this time. What happens at other time when the host nation is in hot season? FIFA would the provide them air conditioned stadium?

Inclusiveness does not connote stupidity. FIFA should just stick to top Jersey and shorts to avoid issues. If you cannot play with such, just leave and go and do kùlè

6 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2023
Supported

Jesus is a terrorist and murderer

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle ...

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but. a sword

Luke 19:27
“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Akanoaaa(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2023
I hope they allow scarf too

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Enimin: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.

They brought their idiocy to western sports already

The entire game should be forbidden to them, according to their religion. She shouldn't even be on the pitch

6 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2023
Validated:
Football and competitive sports are not for muslims who want to wear religious dresses. She could play because Australia is cold at this time. What happens at other time when the host nation is in hot season? FIFA would the provide them air conditioned stadium?

Inclusiveness does not connote stupidity. FIFA should just stick to top Jersey and shorts to avoid issues. If you cannot play with such, just leave and go and do kùlè

How does covering HAIR makes you feel hot. How ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by tollyboy5(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2023
doggedfighter:
Did she score ?
Scoring has nothing to do with hijab na crush mi kiss
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2023
Jeshurun90:
angry

What most people don't understand about those Islamic faithfuls is their subtle way of dominating.

As time goes on, they will clamour for another weird thing. Gradually, they take over the world of football and they establish their Islamic rules to govern the football.
The world know that's why they can never head any FIFA position.

It's only in Nigeria that they are given privileges.

If a Muslim Arab man is fifa president The women's world cup won't have been existing or would have been banned

6 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Curse777: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2023
Enimin:

They brought their idiocy to western sports already

The entire game should be forbidden to them, according to their religion. She shouldn't even be on the pitch

It's.yoir bloody Terrorist religion that wants everyone dead here

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle ...

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but. a sword

“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Validated: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:
Supported

Jesus is a terrorist and murderer

May the Spirit of the Living God visit you today. With your mouth, you will confess that JESUS IS LORD!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Slurity(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2023
UNTIL SHE COVER HER FACE, SHE IS NOT SERIOUS. THAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE HAIR THAT WANT TO ENTICE MEN? WHAT HAS SHE ACHIEVED BY THE COVERING? RELIGION IS THE REASON WE ARE WISE AND STUPID AT THE SAME TIME.

5 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Quelme: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

Mad Jesus is a bloody terrorist

1 Samuel 15vs 3:

Curse religion as portrayed by it followers. Continue slamming your head on the rock

3 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2023
Creamypie:
Religion of by force or die

Jesus is a bloody Terrorist and murderer

b]Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle ...[/b]

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by jumper524(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2023
Fifa could allow players wear hijab but in southern Nigeria, it is a taboo for players students to wear hijab in govt schools.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by doggedfighter(f): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2023
tollyboy5:

Scoring has nothing to do with hijab na crush mi kiss

It has grin
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2023
Helper1000:
I no support this thing
Abeg the next FIFA president should ban this tin asap...

3 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ichuka(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:

Beautiful
Like my dad use to say "must they wear pants to run in sport competition? "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Chibuzoripob: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2023
cool she for wear skirt too sad and drag it around field sad

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2023
Phoenix873:
I am a Muslim ardent lover of football but this is a dumb innovation that will make women football unpleasant to watch.
FIFA had better think again and rescind the decision to allow females wear hijabs.
If you are so religious as to need to wear hijab all the times, then playing football is not for you.

Mumu. Who defines what we wear?? Who ? Are you ever born when men wear pants as shorts and how it changed today ? Are you born when nothing like bikini or bum short exist in the 50s in western society. If it's prone to change then such culture can bring anything to your society. Covering the body is an instinct of man from ages of when men tried to cover themselves with leaves or animal skins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by CCIA: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2023
Starboytwo:
To what end really?

In the near future, they will advocate for skirts.

Just watch.
grin

Say cheeeeeeese! grin

6 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Inobeyourmate: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2023
I watched the match, nah complete rubbish, religion shouldn't delve into football in anyway, there is one Tanzanian player like that that also wears hijab. It's hypocrisy if they can't cover their faces as well, rubbish upon rubbish, does that make her holier than every other player on the pitch

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2023
Emperormartin:

Abeg the next FIFA president should ban this tin asap...
na eye sore

3 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2023
jumper524:
Fifa could allow players wear hijab but in southern Nigeria, it is a taboo for players students to wear hijab in govt schools.
Stop quoting what you don't know.

Hijab is banned in christian and missionary owned school.

Besides when chibok girls were kidnapped, the christian girls in their mist were all on hijabs.

Is chibok secondary school not a government school in the north?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by seunny4lif(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Yea… and play with purdah or burqah.
Lol

Maybe Nigerians need to demand FIFA to approve us wearing Agbada jersey grin
Nairalanders need better Yaba left grin

2 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Phoenix873:
Funny but true
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gidyambi(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2023
This one is facing assassination threat in Nigeria. She may be stone dead when she return to Nigeria.

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Truthday: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2023
tasalanoni:
Onye tara anu Nkita na onye nwuru mmiri eji sie anu Nkita bu otu..
You don't eat dog meat but you lick dog pepper soup sauce..
If Islam forbids women's participation in social/public activities, let it remain so.
Why participate and dress inappropriately?
Islam today is full of confusion.

Where did Islam forbid women from social gathering or activities ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo To Train With Manchester United Under 21s (photo) / Guelor Kanga, Gabon Player, Who Was Born Few Years After His Mother's Death / Samuel Chukwueze And His Mother On A Boat Cruise (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.