Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup (51021 Views)

Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That / Pedro Rodriguez, The First Player To Win The 5 Top Trophies In World Football / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ogaemma: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2023
I don't believe this guy's anymore.
Hisbah destroy beer in public,yet they drink it in the secret.

I stopped believing these guys when I came to the North.
They are full of hypocrites.
Believe me, the level of prostitution amongst the Hausa/ Fulanis in Kano and Sokoto is far more than the level of prostitution in the South.

6 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Pipefitter: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2023
Mogajunior:
Hehehe. I see what you did there.
I couldn't resist... smiley
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by jaymichael(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2023
The way it is implemented is okay.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gentleguy1975: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2023
antibullshit:

Why do these people have to bring religion into everything ? What does religion have to do with sports ?
praying before each match is not religious abi?

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2023
zeuss:
If she is married, she should have coverd her face as well.
E dey pain una. As e dey pain una e dey sweet us
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Spiff20(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2023
She should have covered her hands as well with gloves. When the game gets tough other players might have to pull of the hijab in a heated contest for the ball. I wonder the kind of heat she will be feeling inside her head if she plays in country like Niger.

3 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by TrainPark: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2023
doggedfighter:
Did she score ?

They will soon ask to be allowed to wear long hijabs grin

It is a religious requirement and should be respected.

After all, it is better that a human being is moderated by their religion than the degeneracy and decadence being perpetrated by the so western civilisation.

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2023
antibullshit:

Why do these people have to bring religion into everything ? What does religion have to do with sports ?
As Christians entering field and making the sign of the cross is not religion? Have you condemned the habit of Christian praying before every match?
Na hypocrisy na e go kee una

As e dey pain una e dey sweet me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by spencekat(m): 11:27am On Jul 30, 2023
Emperormartin:

Abeg the next FIFA president should ban this tin asap...
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2023
Starboytwo:
To what end really?

In the near future, they will advocate for skirts.

Just watch.
Is it your body? Why e dey pain you
Well, as e dey pain you e dey sweet me
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2023
spencekat:
Exactly
You go wait till you die.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by wellmax(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
But her team mates and fellow Moroccan are not wearing any hijab
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Thomasankara(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
[/color]she looks weird like someone on a moon journey[color=#770077]
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by spencekat(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Sleekfingers:

By dressing like a masquerade abi? Awon terrorists.
I tire o mixing religion with Football.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Emperormartin:

Abeg the next FIFA president should ban this tin asap...
You go wait till you die
You think say na Nigeria wey all of una be intolerant bigots

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2023
spencekat:
I tire o Mixing religion with Football
Have you condemned the habit of Christian praying before each match
Na hypocrisy go kee una

As e dey pain you e dey sweet me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by spencekat(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2023
ALISMILE:
As Christians entering field and making the sign of the cross is not religion? Have you condemned the habit of Christian praying before every match?
Na hypocrisy na e go kee una

As e dey pain una e dey sweet me
Your comparison is out of it.It does not relate at all.Some moslems also bow after scoring goals.Prayers or reverence and hijab or scarf are two different ball games.

5 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2023
wellmax:
But her team mates and fellow Moroccan are not wearing any hijab
Oga na matter of personal choice! Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by dapadawee: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2023
Nothing bad until we hear gbuuume and see smoke. They should not use it to smuggle bomb o

2 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by spencekat(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2023
ALISMILE:
You go wait till you die.
Is that all you can say?

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by bukatyne(f): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

How does covering HAIR makes you feel hot. How ??

Are you male or female?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by XAUBulls: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.
wink
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by phemmyfour: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2023
harkolat:
Thats commendable by the football governing body.
It's to her disadvantage. Football is a contact sport, with jersey and hair pulling, now imagine someone dragging her hijab when competing for an aerial ball

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2023
ALISMILE:
You go wait till you die
You think say na Nigeria wey all of una be intolerant bigots
Na una be Grandmasters of intolerant bigots...

The last time I checked Deborah wasn't stoned to death in the south

2 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2023
spencekat:
Your comparison is out of it.It does not relate at all.Some moslems also bow after scoring goals.Prayers or reverence and hijab or scarf are two different ball games.
Inside your bigot mind it doesn’t correlate
I can relate
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2023
spencekat:
Is that all you can say?
Yes sir
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Ttipsy(f): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Nonsense

You all claim holy while kill pple

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Thomasankara(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2023
[/color] honestly maybe that's what even made them lose scandalously to a potent side,cos u need all your senses functioning at high levels as a defender[color=#770077]
Kenmatt:
That was why they lost six zero.

A whopping figures, six unreplied zero.

How could She been able to see very well when She covered up her entire face in the name of religion.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ALISMILE(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2023
spencekat:
I thought you don’t like the idea of religion being mixed with up with sports

First go and condemn the act of Christian praying before matches then I will know you are not a bigot
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Thomasankara(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2023
[/color]law governs a society and in extension,various professions[color=#770077]
Truthday:

Who defines what to wear and what not to wear. Id she wearing it on your body ??
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by YemyTemmy: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2023
harkolat:
Thats commendable by the football governing body.

Its not commedable oo, so we can start wearing osun and ifa regalia to play, then the catholics can wear that nun headwear too, chaos starts from there.....these muslim are always asking for too much...
Requesting rules be bent for them and they cant compromise anybof theirs to accomodate others

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guelor Kanga, Gabon Player, Who Was Born Few Years After His Mother's Death / Samuel Chukwueze And His Mother On A Boat Cruise (Photos) / Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.