Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,332 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup (50992 Views)

Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That / Pedro Rodriguez, The First Player To Win The 5 Top Trophies In World Football / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by BadMaster: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
ireke:

At this point, I will say let her wear anything she likes. If someone that does not identify as a woman can be allowed on the pitch, then why would a woman be denied the opportunity to participate just because she doesn't dress like everyone else? Let her express herself as long as her dressing does not infringe on or jeopardize the ability of others to bring on their best game.

PS - I'm not a Muslim. I'm just trying to rationalize the whole shenanigan of inclusiveness.
I really don't understand these unnecessary attacks against the woman, simply because she wore a hijab that doesn't have any negative impact on any other person. This is just plain hate against Islam because it doesn't make any sense.

These unprovoked attacks are some of the reasons why Seun made it mandatory for people to swear before commenting in the Islamic section.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by bejick(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

Mad Jesus is a bloody terrorist

1 Samuel 15vs 3:

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle ...

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but. a sword

Luke 19:27
“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Quoting Luke 19:27 the Word of God out of contest to suit you is one of the worst thing to do in life. This verse is from a parable Jesus was telling his followers about a hidden talent. The great difference between Christians and Moslems is that we don't fight for our God cos he is the creator of the whole World. So my dear disease from this act and repent cos it a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God cos no one can save you.

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by JOemmy(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

At the last Olympics some Malaysian and Indonesian ladies actually wore face veils to play some sports.

Rubbish does it make them holier than other ladies that didn't wear?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Donchieli: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
Well if that is the case, who are you people, overzealous worshippers to take someone's life that or she has sinned against God

gaskiyamagana:

Now, she is on the field, who are you, as ignorant of Islamic knowlrdge, to judge?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by inforesource: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.
What kind of hypothetical way of living is this? I thought they were supposed to cover their body completely so that their shapes are not exposed to outsiders? This is what I know about hijab. A true Muslim knows that this is just a show.

2 Likes

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
JOemmy:

Lol. cheesy. See guilty conscience. grin
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by enemyofprogress: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by omowumi9: 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
You are insane.

zeuss:
If she is married, she should have coverd her face as well.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Zakarara(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Not impressed at all.. just scarf? Mchwww.. why not skirt as well.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by studM(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

1 Samuel 15vs 3:

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle ...

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but. a sword

“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

Sick n demented fool Ur bro
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Phoenix873: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yusman316:

Go and tell these guys that they are not footballers because of their dressing
You go and tell them that they belong in the olden day of crude football. Tell them they and their dressing have no place in modern football. Same with those wearing hijab or burqah
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
undecided
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by dgagar(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
What is this nonsens now? Football is not a must pls. If your religion did not support the mode of dressing, kindly do away with it. Instead of dressing like masquerade
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Phoenix873:
I am a Muslim ardent lover of football but this is a dumb innovation that will make women football unpleasant to watch.
FIFA had better think again and rescind the decision to allow females wear hijabs.
Football plus hijab is a stupid combo.
If you are so religious as to need to wear hijab all the times, then playing football is not for you.
Football or hijab? Choose one and stick to it.
Shut up.
Gather yourselves and go to FIFA headquarters to protest. Football and hijab have come to stay, let he or they who are not satisfied continue wailing till second coming of Jesus. PREIOD.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Luckysbab: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kenmatt:
That was why they lost six zero.

A whopping figures, six unreplied zero.

How could She been able to see very well when She covered up her entire face in the name of religion.

See olodo real estate agent. Even when the article was explicit on what match she played,you couldn't help yourself. Setting yourself up for failure already,.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
onuman:

Not having enough intelligence to question a male chauvinist Islamic doctrine which states that woman should cover head, if not, another man will go after the woman.
Foolishness of order and Foolishness in still obeying the order, that's what this woman displays in the pitch.
By the way, football is not Islamic culture. Why would she play football?
Let the wailing continues till second coming of Jesus.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
Creamypie:
Religion of by force or die
According to online social media nuisance.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Luckysbab: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Felaincarnated:
She still collect am wotoporously🤣 Awon jonzin

They won 1-0. Look at your life outside. Ode alainilari
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Validated:
Football and competitive sports are not for muslims who want to wear religious dresses. She could play because Australia is cold at this time. What happens at other time when the host nation is in hot season? FIFA would the provide them air conditioned stadium?

Inclusiveness does not connote stupidity. FIFA should just stick to top Jersey and shorts to avoid issues. If you cannot play with such, just leave and go and do kùlè
Wailing or complaining? Hijab and women football have come to stay.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Luckysbab: 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
Pipefitter:
The hijab couldn't give them a win?

They won 1-0. If you focused less on unfounded hatred, maybe your business will actually make a headway.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by thinkmoney(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.
Somebody wore a short with leggings but then wore an hijab. To what purpose? I would assume hijab served three purposes in Arab communities;
-to guard against durst storms and other harsh weather.
- to hide the body curves of the lady.
- and for aesthetic purpose

Doesn’t Religion look out of place in our world sometimes?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Luckysbab: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
JOemmy:

Did you stop to ask yourself how their holiness or otherwise affects your own life?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
antibullshit:

Why do these people have to bring religion into everything ? What does religion have to do with sports ?
Go and post it on FIFA website. Yeye fifu.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by HaneefahRN(f): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
They will come out to cry like she wore it on their heads.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Expanse2020(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
My brother you just hit their mother.... With wetin Dem Neva come across in the Bible Dem don de check Google ,check bible to find the truth grin
Truthday:

1 Samuel 15vs 3:

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Luckysbab: 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
dayleke:
Crazy and interesting comments up there.

Mainly dumb comments from many who didn't even read/grasp the article before jumping in to comment.

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
Enimin:

They brought their idiocy to western sports already

The entire game should be forbidden to them, according to their religion. She shouldn't even be on the pitch
So said by the follower of:
"BUT BRING THOSE ENEMIES OF MINE WHO DON'T WANT ME TO REIGN OVER THEM AND KILL THEM BEFORE ME" LUKE 19: 27-28.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

How does covering HAIR makes you feel hot. How ??
Let their Catholic sisters answer, other denomination can't answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
Emperormartin:

The world know that's why they can never head any FIFA position.

It's only in Nigeria that they are given privileges.

If a Muslim Arab man is fifa president The women's world cup won't have been existing or would have been banned
Fool Analysist in dimensional wailing. Hijab and women football have come to stay.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Expanse2020(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
dgagar:
What is this nonsens now? Football is not a must pls. If your religion did not support the mode of dressing, kindly do away with it. Instead of dressing like masquerade
You directly insult mother marry (Masquerade) because that what we heard about her dressing...and you said you follow Christ
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
Natbrowny:
Medically. That's wrong. Coz she gets heat concentrated in that part of the body.

I knw copy cats go plenty soon.
As it is also concentrate on Sisters head, abi?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sprints3:
This is bullshit utter rubbish FIFA is a very useless organization stop mixing politics and religion with sports. This is what is killing the game. She can be wearing that her scarf to mosque or in her house. Useless development.
Sectary General
Hijab/Football/FIFA Wailing Association
NairaLand Chapter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inside The ₦230 Billion A80 Private Jet That Flies Real Madrid Players (Photo) / Cristiano Ronaldo To Train With Manchester United Under 21s (photo) / Guelor Kanga, Gabon Player, Who Was Born Few Years After His Mother's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.