Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things (76679 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by XAUBulls: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2023
uche87:
Life in the United Kingdom is far different from what most Nigerian men are used to in their home countries. The points here might appear so simple but they count in the preparedness of a man in bracing up for the challenging task ahead. They constitute the essential ingredients that put the final touches to the taste of a good soup.
Come with me and let's dive into these points:

(1) No creditworthiness:
If you are not creditworthy, you might struggle in the UK, because the credit score is taken seriously here. You will struggle to secure loans and mortgages. Even offline, your friends and colleagues might be hesitant to assist you financially during difficult times.

(2) Cheating:
In Nigeria, cheating married men are like celebrities, especially when they have financial muscle. Even when their wives know, they endure the problem. In the UK, cheating on your wife might render you homeless and even pave a visa route for her and the children through your downfall. If you are a serial cheat, it might be better for you to remain in Nigeria where you are a king without a crown.

(3) Pride:
Some Nigerians are excessively proud. They never do household chores and they brag about it. It is too expensive to secure domestic workers here and the terms of engagement are too strict. You might have to keep your hands dirty at home to keep your marriage going. Some jobs also come with insults and talking instructions from underage or far younger colleagues. If you can't handle it, you might be forced to sleep rough and go hungry due to being broke.

(4) Obsession with white-collar jobs:
In the UK, it is easier for you to easily get blue-collar jobs and make good money from there as an immigrant pending when you are fully integrated into the system. You might be forced to come down from your high horse to work in factories, restaurants, warehouses, care homes, and hospitals; playing menial roles. If all you know is wearing suits and ties in cozy office environments and signing documents, the UK might not be for you.

(5) Laziness:
Making money in the UK is quite tough. If the money sent to Nigeria could talk, some people will not touch it. The majority of immigrants do transitional jobs of an average of 12hrs per day and 6 days a week to make ends meet. The cost of living is too high at this point. A lazy man who is used to enjoying free cash from petty crimes in Nigeria will certainly not fit in here.

(6) Can't manage loneliness:
This affects single people more. Over here, people would only check up on you if they need you. Everything is highly transactional! This gets to everyone at some point. You have to manage it well before you get in bed with the nearest 'mad' person.

(7) Tolerance/Endurance:
Immigrants who work in health and social care must possess this attribute. The money might be good but there is a reason why the labour turnover in this sector is very high and visa sponsorships are given for people to remain there. This is because of the unconventional nature of the jobs. If you can't tolerate or endure the smoke, you might end up begging the Tinubu victims in Nigeria for money right from the UK.

(cool Hate cooking:
If you don't have cooking skills in the UK, you will suffer oh! You will end up eating foreign foods that you might find tasteless. You will spend a lot on patronizing Nigerian food vendors who sometimes cook burnt offerings for the gods. You will eat junk food till you become pregnant without a forthcoming baby after 9 months.

(9) Lacking good communication skills:
Being able to communicate in good and simple English is very essential in the UK. It is very imperative when attending a job interview. It is the easiest way to sell yourself even when the certificate might be lacking. It shows your level of intelligence and how adaptable you can be. If you are poor in this area, your progress might be hampered in the UK.

(10) Cold:
If you are the type that screams 'weather for two' anytime rain falls in Nigeria, the UK might not be for you. If you can become sexually restless under a weather condition of 25 degrees Celsius in Nigeria, imagine what you would do when it falls to 0 in the UK. And this isn't a place to be randy. It is very expensive and dangerous to do so. Read the stories of the former Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy or Adam Johnson and learn.

Feel free to debate the few points I have made so that we can all learn.

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from the United Kingdom.
This is largely true.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by criuze(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2023
You didn't mention eating quaker oats and cabbage soup
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by CarlosTheJackal: 8:03am On Jul 31, 2023
hustla:

Care home sponsorship is one of the worst ways to migrate to the UK (in my own opinion)

smiley
why did you say that

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by zumbigbo(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2023
Purvan:
Wu UK epp ??

UK issa first world shithole

E better I go Ecuador than UK

Take UK remittances from Naija and see poverty and crime balloon. You won't be able to visit vulcanizer without someone trying to steal your car/take phone or kidnap you sef.

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Purvan(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2023
ugbarreta:

But there’s no work in Ecuador 🇪🇨

Says who ??

There are a lot of agricultural and mining work there

You can work remote there with peace of mind
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
why did you say that

Do you want to spend 5 yrs of your life packing sh*t??

grin
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Raalsalghul: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2023
Regex:
All these idiots! Una no fit rest? UK this UK that! Kilode! Facebook the same thing, twitter worse, nairaland Pele! What js actually wrong with una and advise una deh give about the country? Cho cho you talk the one you no suppose talk...

I believe by January all these go reduce as people weh go come either get their money or will be busy sorting their fees out via work. The former being of low percentage. Ndi ara!

Add to the fact, no more dependants. So there'll be reduced noise.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by drlateef: 8:57am On Jul 31, 2023
Add these to your list:

12. If you are a wife beater or child molester, you better not come to UK, you will end up in jail and lose all you laboured for throughout your life. And you will get criminal records that will make all your certificates and skills useless. You can only work in construction sites as labourer or bin man.

13. If you are the type that likes being worshipped: professor this, doctor that, engineer this, kabiyesi, rankadede, just forget it. Nobody worships anybody here. Everyone is called “mate”. A cleaner can call a professor “mate” on the streets and even at workplace sometimes. You better not address yourself as “ I am engineer so so. They will have a big laugh and giggling on you.

14. If you are the moody type, doesn’t smile with poor inter-personal skills, you won’t last long in any workplace, especially when you are black.

15. If you are the type that doesn’t like cleaning up your mess, you expect someone to do it for you, then don’t come to UK. Because nobody does it for you. Even if you are the boss in the workplace.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by femijay8271(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Mindlog:

Actually, it is UK govt that paid for it under their apprenticeship program with my company forwarding our names and paying their own little share of the cost. I am still doing it as it would terminate at Level 4 Children, young people and families practitioner.

My field is Clinical child psychology, I am into more of neurodevelopmental assessments, children and young persons with emotional and behavioural disorders.

Hello morning boss, this tin wey u dey talk dey sweet me. Abeg any help on how to get sponsorship visa on the job or even any?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by TheGift: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Mindlog:

There are some 12 hours jobs from 8p.m to 8a.m, that entails you to just be awake throughout the night while the teenager being looked after is in his/her room, on their phones or playing video games until he/she goes to bed while you are downstairs in the sitting room watching Netflix and sipping coffee or tea as they just want an adult who would be awake throughout the night, making sure the young person do not run away during the night as you would have the house keys on you after having locked doors that leads outside of the house, complete the expected paperwork of how of the shift is going and getting paid £12.70 per hour.
You make it sound so easy, leaving Naija to go and look after teenage kids while spending your time watching Netflix, not even learning new skills. Are you speaking from experience or imagination??
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Regex: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Add to the fact, no more dependants. So there'll be reduced noise.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of Nigerians. Indians or the Chinese will never be spotted on the Internet doing silly things we do. Indians take loan from their bank to school here in UK, but you'd never know unless they tell you. You can never see it on the Internet. But Nigerians, tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Purvan(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
They're deceiving you. No cap.

That should be you

British media yaff finished washing your brain that you can't differentiate between left and right

Go to the UK and see what a mess it's
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2023
TheGift:

You make it sound so easy, leaving Naija to go and look after teenage kids while spending your time watching Netflix, not even learning new skills. Are you speaking from experience or imagination??

You think you just show up and be allowed to look after teenagers in the UK without being skilled or you think, it is Nigeria you pick up any random person to look after minors?

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by TheGift: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2023
Mindlog:

You think you just show up and be allowed to look after teenagers in the UK without being skilled or you think, it is Nigeria you pick up any random person to look after minors?

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that comment.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 9:24am On Jul 31, 2023
TheGift:

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that comment.

Did you bother to read my other posts after it?

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by justwise(m): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2023
planetx:
Nigeria is one hundred times better than the UK, take it or leave it I could care less.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by EmirOfNews: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2023
descarado:

You may not necessarily earn 12.70 per hour. Mostly below that.
But pls, can I survive with a job of maybe £10 outside London? And, it's job always guaranteed on arrival without "much" stress? Thanks!
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by justwise(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2023
pansophist:

Uk seems like, or it's a third-world country?

Enter Norway, then go to the Uk after that, and you will be genuinely shocked at how come people want to kill themselves to enter the UK.

Right now, the most common name for male babies born in the UK is Mohammed. Brits are already a minority in London already, populated by immigrants that cant even speak English.

Some of you can't stop misleading people online, 82% of UK pupolation are white British, just 18 percent are shared btwn black, Asians and other groups. if you lived in an area populated by certian ethnic group it does not mean that the whole of the UK are like that

3 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Basiljoe: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2023
OboOlora:
They have destroyed Nigeria so much that the citizens are paying 10M for sponsorship to a 3rd world country like UK. A place saturated with war-destroyed asylum seekers and desperate Asians, omashey o

Nigerians only see the exchange rate, they don’t know the real deal till they arrive in UK.

And as per cheating, if u have money u go still cheat for UK o. The hose Naija students de suffer die, boiz de even nack dem with 25quids and steak bake from Greggs🤣
My chest oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by franchasofficia: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2023
pansophist:

Uk seems like, or it's a third-world country?

Enter Norway, then go to the Uk after that, and you will be genuinely shocked at how come people want to kill themselves to enter the UK.

Right now, the most common name for male babies born in the UK is Mohammed. Brits are already a minority in London already, populated by immigrants that cant even speak English.
Mohammed shocked

Wahala wahala cheesy cheesy
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by franchasofficia: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2023
justwise:

Some of you can't stop misleading people online, 82% of UK pupolation are white British, just 18 percent are shared btwn black, Asians and other groups. if you lived in an area pupolated by certian ethnic group it does not mean that the whole of the UK are like that
But Muslim population in the UK is growing at an alarming rate which spells doom for UK in few years from now.

Wait and see, time will prove me right on this
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by justwise(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2023
franchasofficia:
But Muslim population in the UK is growing at an alarming rate which spells doom for UK in few years from now.

Wait and see, time will prove me right on this

It will not, you think white British have stopped producing babies? Don't look at the current political leaders, non-are elected by the British public.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2023
Opurumiri:
Hmm people they try for that UK... Working a whooping 12 hours to make ends meet? Damn!!
what of me wey don work for 14 hours, sometimes 17hours abroad.No be only UK,you need to be able to work for long hours in yankee

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by franchasofficia: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2023
justwise:

It will not, you think white British have stopped producing babies? Don't look at the current political leaders, non-are elected by the British public.
I really hope and pray so because anywhere Islam grows, chaos, bloodshed, backwardness and oppression reigns supreme.

European countries, UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Southwestern Nigeria, etc should learn from one time Christian and Buddhist countries like Turkey and Indonesia that kept saying their religion doesn't matter until radical Muslims through moderate so called peaceful Muslims took over their countries.

Though I will be happy is radical Muslims takes over UK for all the evil they perpetrated in Nigeria and for allowing Nigerian leaders to be destroying Nigeria and be running to UK to hide their loot

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by justwise(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2023
franchasofficia:
I really hope and pray so because anywhere Islam grows, chaos, bloodshed, backwardness and oppression reigns supreme.

European countries, UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Southwestern Nigeria, etc should learn from one time Christian and Buddhist countries like Turkey and Indonesia that kept saying their religion doesn't matter until radical Muslims through moderate so called peaceful Muslims took over their countries.

Though I will be happy is radical Muslims takes over UK for all the evil they perpetrated in Nigeria and for allowing Nigerian leaders to be destroying Nigeria and be running to UK to hide their loot

I'm sorry but i think you are just giving excuses, was Nigeria the only country colonised by the British? How about America, South Africa, Ghana Hong Kong etc i mean i can go on and on.

Nigerian politicians are desperately wicked so don't blame anyone else.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by mikkyword(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2023
Then I am good to go. i love that care giver thing. who can connect me.?

uche87:
Life in the United Kingdom is far different from what most Nigerian men are used to in their home countries. The points here might appear so simple but they count in the preparedness of a man in bracing up for the challenging task ahead. They constitute the essential ingredients that put the final touches to the taste of a good soup.
Come with me and let's dive into these points:

(1) No creditworthiness:
If you are not creditworthy, you might struggle in the UK, because the credit score is taken seriously here. You will struggle to secure loans and mortgages. Even offline, your friends and colleagues might be hesitant to assist you financially during difficult times.

(2) Cheating:
In Nigeria, cheating married men are like celebrities, especially when they have financial muscle. Even when their wives know, they endure the problem. In the UK, cheating on your wife might render you homeless and even pave a visa route for her and the children through your downfall. If you are a serial cheat, it might be better for you to remain in Nigeria where you are a king without a crown.

(3) Pride:
Some Nigerians are excessively proud. They never do household chores and they brag about it. It is too expensive to secure domestic workers here and the terms of engagement are too strict. You might have to keep your hands dirty at home to keep your marriage going. Some jobs also come with insults and talking instructions from underage or far younger colleagues. If you can't handle it, you might be forced to sleep rough and go hungry due to being broke.

(4) Obsession with white-collar jobs:
In the UK, it is easier for you to easily get blue-collar jobs and make good money from there as an immigrant pending when you are fully integrated into the system. You might be forced to come down from your high horse to work in factories, restaurants, warehouses, care homes, and hospitals; playing menial roles. If all you know is wearing suits and ties in cozy office environments and signing documents, the UK might not be for you.

(5) Laziness:
Making money in the UK is quite tough. If the money sent to Nigeria could talk, some people will not touch it. The majority of immigrants do transitional jobs of an average of 12hrs per day and 6 days a week to make ends meet. The cost of living is too high at this point. A lazy man who is used to enjoying free cash from petty crimes in Nigeria will certainly not fit in here.

(6) Can't manage loneliness:
This affects single people more. Over here, people would only check up on you if they need you. Everything is highly transactional! This gets to everyone at some point. You have to manage it well before you get in bed with the nearest 'mad' person.

(7) Tolerance/Endurance:
Immigrants who work in health and social care must possess this attribute. The money might be good but there is a reason why the labour turnover in this sector is very high and visa sponsorships are given for people to remain there. This is because of the unconventional nature of the jobs. If you can't tolerate or endure the smoke, you might end up begging the Tinubu victims in Nigeria for money right from the UK.

(cool Hate cooking:
If you don't have cooking skills in the UK, you will suffer oh! You will end up eating foreign foods that you might find tasteless. You will spend a lot on patronizing Nigerian food vendors who sometimes cook burnt offerings for the gods. You will eat junk food till you become pregnant without a forthcoming baby after 9 months.

(9) Lacking good communication skills:
Being able to communicate in good and simple English is very essential in the UK. It is very imperative when attending a job interview. It is the easiest way to sell yourself even when the certificate might be lacking. It shows your level of intelligence and how adaptable you can be. If you are poor in this area, your progress might be hampered in the UK.

(10) Cold:
If you are the type that screams 'weather for two' anytime rain falls in Nigeria, the UK might not be for you. If you can become sexually restless under a weather condition of 25 degrees Celsius in Nigeria, imagine what you would do when it falls to 0 in the UK. And this isn't a place to be randy. It is very expensive and dangerous to do so. Read the stories of the former Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy or Adam Johnson and learn.

Feel free to debate the few points I have made so that we can all learn.

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from the United Kingdom.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by IamgratefulLord(f): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
hustla:

Care home sponsorship is one of the worst ways to migrate to the UK (in my own opinion)

smiley
Please help me if you can. I want to relocate. I'm dying daily here. kiss
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by franchasofficia: 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
justwise:

I'm sorry but i think you are just giving excuses, was Nigeria the only country colonised by the British? How about America, South Africa, Ghana Hong Kong etc i mean i can go on and on.

Nigerian politicians are desperately wicked so don't blame anyone else.
You are right, I agree with you, but still karma will catch up with UK with time; Muslims will take over UK and subject their indigenes to unimaginable pains, it may take time but it will surely happen
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by folake4u(f): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
PDJT:

-Tell your friend to get and use condoms. They are free in colleges, universities and community health services.

-Hormone-inducing tablets have been found to have a positive association with malignant breast cancer.

Hahahahaha. My friend is male, he dey buy am for him partner. cheesy
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Upworkwriter007(f): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Purvan:

That should be you

British media yaff finished washing your brain that you can't differentiate between left and right

Go to the UK and see what a mess it's

I'm in the UK. Postcode is TA1 4DF
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by thawana(f): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Cheating Nigerian men,might left the group chat and blocked admin

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are right, I agree with you, but still karma will catch up with UK with time; Muslims will take over UK and subject their indigenes to unimaginable pains, it may take time but it will surely happen

What is the population of Muslims in the UK?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.