Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things (76673 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
FxMasterz:

Thanks for the information.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by alphabbey1(m): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
VinnyBaba:

UK is a Small country but it seems it is Getting Overpopulated
Due to Immigrants entry.😕

Years from now, it May be Like Lagos. 🤨
Some Cities like Peckam are already like Lagos

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Backpedal: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
OboOlora:
They have destroyed Nigeria so much that the citizens are paying 10M for sponsorship to a 3rd world country like UK. A place saturated with war-destroyed asylum seekers and desperate Asians, omashey o

Nigerians only see the exchange rate, they don’t know the real deal till they arrive in UK.

And as per cheating, if u have money u go still cheat for UK o. The hose Naija students de suffer die, boiz de even nack dem with 25quids and steak bake from Greggs🤣
Ahhhhh
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by GUNITGuy: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

There are some 12 hours jobs from 8p.m to 8a.m, that entails you to just be awake throughout the night while the teenager being looked after is in his/her room, on their phones or playing video games until he/she goes to bed while you are downstairs in the sitting room watching Netflix and sipping coffee or tea as they just want an adult who would be awake throughout the night, making sure the young person do not run away during the night as you would have the house keys on you after having locked doors that leads outside of the house, complete the expected paperwork of how of the shift is going and getting paid £12.70 per hour.
Crazy job
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Backpedal: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
ogbonti:
wetin dey UK ? that useless overhyped country wey everyone dey run helter skelter to catch train and can barely rent a room space without a room mate so they can pay the bill ? na to say person dey abroad ? abeg clear road

I cant be payed enough to live in the UK - especially when you are coming to the UK from the USA

Na wa ooo
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by cmt1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Enough of this please. You have thousands of Nigerians that are professionals and making cool money in UK.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Ebubu3: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
Opurumiri:
Hmm people they try for that UK... Working a whooping 12 hours to make ends meet? Damn!!
which kind of work?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by highchief1: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
shfizle:

Person wey no get motor money say e prefer Honda to Mercedes.

UK no dey even dash visa again, so your problem don solve na.
that’s untrue I chose South Africa over Uk I had the two visas at the same time.For me Uk na country to transit I can’t live der for free.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by PaulH07: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
uche87:
Life in the United Kingdom is far different from what most Nigerian men are used to in their home countries. The points here might appear so simple but they count in the preparedness of a man in bracing up for the challenging task ahead. They constitute the essential ingredients that put the final touches to the taste of a good soup.
Come with me and let's dive into these points:

(1) No creditworthiness:
If you are not creditworthy, you might struggle in the UK, because the credit score is taken seriously here. You will struggle to secure loans and mortgages. Even offline, your friends and colleagues might be hesitant to assist you financially during difficult times.

(2) Cheating:
In Nigeria, cheating married men are like celebrities, especially when they have financial muscle. Even when their wives know, they endure the problem. In the UK, cheating on your wife might render you homeless and even pave a visa route for her and the children through your downfall. If you are a serial cheat, it might be better for you to remain in Nigeria where you are a king without a crown.

(3) Pride:
Some Nigerians are excessively proud. They never do household chores and they brag about it. It is too expensive to secure domestic workers here and the terms of engagement are too strict. You might have to keep your hands dirty at home to keep your marriage going. Some jobs also come with insults and talking instructions from underage or far younger colleagues. If you can't handle it, you might be forced to sleep rough and go hungry due to being broke.

(4) Obsession with white-collar jobs:
In the UK, it is easier for you to easily get blue-collar jobs and make good money from there as an immigrant pending when you are fully integrated into the system. You might be forced to come down from your high horse to work in factories, restaurants, warehouses, care homes, and hospitals; playing menial roles. If all you know is wearing suits and ties in cozy office environments and signing documents, the UK might not be for you.

(5) Laziness:
Making money in the UK is quite tough. If the money sent to Nigeria could talk, some people will not touch it. The majority of immigrants do transitional jobs of an average of 12hrs per day and 6 days a week to make ends meet. The cost of living is too high at this point. A lazy man who is used to enjoying free cash from petty crimes in Nigeria will certainly not fit in here.

(6) Can't manage loneliness:
This affects single people more. Over here, people would only check up on you if they need you. Everything is highly transactional! This gets to everyone at some point. You have to manage it well before you get in bed with the nearest 'mad' person.

(7) Tolerance/Endurance:
Immigrants who work in health and social care must possess this attribute. The money might be good but there is a reason why the labour turnover in this sector is very high and visa sponsorships are given for people to remain there. This is because of the unconventional nature of the jobs. If you can't tolerate or endure the smoke, you might end up begging the Tinubu victims in Nigeria for money right from the UK.

(cool Hate cooking:
If you don't have cooking skills in the UK, you will suffer oh! You will end up eating foreign foods that you might find tasteless. You will spend a lot on patronizing Nigerian food vendors who sometimes cook burnt offerings for the gods. You will eat junk food till you become pregnant without a forthcoming baby after 9 months.

(9) Lacking good communication skills:
Being able to communicate in good and simple English is very essential in the UK. It is very imperative when attending a job interview. It is the easiest way to sell yourself even when the certificate might be lacking. It shows your level of intelligence and how adaptable you can be. If you are poor in this area, your progress might be hampered in the UK.

(10) Cold:
If you are the type that screams 'weather for two' anytime rain falls in Nigeria, the UK might not be for you. If you can become sexually restless under a weather condition of 25 degrees Celsius in Nigeria, imagine what you would do when it falls to 0 in the UK. And this isn't a place to be randy. It is very expensive and dangerous to do so. Read the stories of the former Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy or Adam Johnson and learn.

Feel free to debate the few points I have made so that we can all learn.

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from the United Kingdom.

The more I see the lamentations of people from the UK, the more I see that's the place for me to be.

I just tick all the weird boxes, no wonder my colleagues want me to go see a shrink.

Naija no fit me abeg

3 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by ozo13(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

Very possible.....you get home by 9a.m, have a shower and a meal, then go to bed and wake up around 5p.m and have another meal, lazy around the internet, then take a shower and leave for work at about 7.15p.m, get there at about 7.45p,m, chat with the day staff as they hand over to you and they also reserve a cooked meal for you in the microwave.....another wake night shift begins. cheesy cheesy cheesy
baba sleep go dey ooo.Anyway.one need alot of discipline to be successful in such Job.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by frog12: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
pork sausage for breakfast grin grin grin
english go kill you with beef beef beef !

Sleekfingers:

You called foreign food tasteless.

Have you eaten chicken and chips, English breakfast , roast dinner, shepherd pie etc
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by RPG2020(m): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
uche87:
Life in the United Kingdom is far different from what most Nigerian men are used to in their home countries. The points here might appear so simple but they count in the preparedness of a man in bracing up for the challenging task ahead. They constitute the essential ingredients that put the final touches to the taste of a good soup.
Come with me and let's dive into these points:

(1) No creditworthiness:
If you are not creditworthy, you might struggle in the UK, because the credit score is taken seriously here. You will struggle to secure loans and mortgages. Even offline, your friends and colleagues might be hesitant to assist you financially during difficult times.

(2) Cheating:
In Nigeria, cheating married men are like celebrities, especially when they have financial muscle. Even when their wives know, they endure the problem. In the UK, cheating on your wife might render you homeless and even pave a visa route for her and the children through your downfall. If you are a serial cheat, it might be better for you to remain in Nigeria where you are a king without a crown.

(3) Pride:
Some Nigerians are excessively proud. They never do household chores and they brag about it. It is too expensive to secure domestic workers here and the terms of engagement are too strict. You might have to keep your hands dirty at home to keep your marriage going. Some jobs also come with insults and talking instructions from underage or far younger colleagues. If you can't handle it, you might be forced to sleep rough and go hungry due to being broke.

(4) Obsession with white-collar jobs:
In the UK, it is easier for you to easily get blue-collar jobs and make good money from there as an immigrant pending when you are fully integrated into the system. You might be forced to come down from your high horse to work in factories, restaurants, warehouses, care homes, and hospitals; playing menial roles. If all you know is wearing suits and ties in cozy office environments and signing documents, the UK might not be for you.

(5) Laziness:
Making money in the UK is quite tough. If the money sent to Nigeria could talk, some people will not touch it. The majority of immigrants do transitional jobs of an average of 12hrs per day and 6 days a week to make ends meet. The cost of living is too high at this point. A lazy man who is used to enjoying free cash from petty crimes in Nigeria will certainly not fit in here.

(6) Can't manage loneliness:
This affects single people more. Over here, people would only check up on you if they need you. Everything is highly transactional! This gets to everyone at some point. You have to manage it well before you get in bed with the nearest 'mad' person.

(7) Tolerance/Endurance:
Immigrants who work in health and social care must possess this attribute. The money might be good but there is a reason why the labour turnover in this sector is very high and visa sponsorships are given for people to remain there. This is because of the unconventional nature of the jobs. If you can't tolerate or endure the smoke, you might end up begging the Tinubu victims in Nigeria for money right from the UK.

(cool Hate cooking:
If you don't have cooking skills in the UK, you will suffer oh! You will end up eating foreign foods that you might find tasteless. You will spend a lot on patronizing Nigerian food vendors who sometimes cook burnt offerings for the gods. You will eat junk food till you become pregnant without a forthcoming baby after 9 months.

(9) Lacking good communication skills:
Being able to communicate in good and simple English is very essential in the UK. It is very imperative when attending a job interview. It is the easiest way to sell yourself even when the certificate might be lacking. It shows your level of intelligence and how adaptable you can be. If you are poor in this area, your progress might be hampered in the UK.

(10) Cold:
If you are the type that screams 'weather for two' anytime rain falls in Nigeria, the UK might not be for you. If you can become sexually restless under a weather condition of 25 degrees Celsius in Nigeria, imagine what you would do when it falls to 0 in the UK. And this isn't a place to be randy. It is very expensive and dangerous to do so. Read the stories of the former Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy or Adam Johnson and learn.

Feel free to debate the few points I have made so that we can all learn.

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from the United Kingdom.

Osahon your matter dey Bénin dey wait you
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by cmt1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
PaulH07:

The more I see the lamentations of people from the UK, the more I see that's the place for me to be.

I just tick all the weird boxes, no wonder my colleagues want me to go see a shrink.

Naija no fit me abeg

Don't let anybody discourage you. If you have the right
skills, UK is the place to be. I've lived here in UK for over 34 years and I can tell you that opportunities abound. In the IT industry, where I've worked for over 22 years , you have thousands of Nigerians making 6 figures number yearly with unbelievable benefits on top. In a nutshell, you will enjoy UK if you have the right skills.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by StemCellTherapi(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
poseidon12:

I suspect you have not stepped out of Nigeria. If you have, it has probably been for leisure/vacation. It's not just UK but all the developed countries. For the first few years after moving there, you have to endure blue collar/odd jobs before you can fit in. This applies even to medical Doctors. While they prepare to get their licence (which could take years), they have to survive by doing all kinds of odd jobs. If you are too proud to do that, then you are in trouble.

Nigerian Nurses who got NHS job in UK from Nigeria and immigrated in a matter of weeks disagree wholeheartedly to this your post darling.

Let me not call our Nigerian USA Nurses to the forum who also got same too.

Thank you smiley
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sleekfingers:

No wonder diabetes is killing Nigerians like rats.

LOL Diabetes and backpain wey na every whitey for UK get?

Just dey play cheesy
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

Actually, it is UK govt that paid for it under their apprenticeship program with my company forwarding our names and paying their own little share of the cost. I am still doing it as it would terminate at Level 4 Children, young people and families practitioner.

My field is Clinical child psychology, I am into more of neurodevelopmental assessments, children and young persons with emotional and behavioural disorders.

You pass my level, I'm a "bloody support worker"

cheesy
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by coputa(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:
Re: #4 - Because you are washing toilets in the UK does not mean others have to use that as a benchmark. There are different levels of persons going to the UK, the compiler of this article is obviously at the bottom of the chain.
I disagree,this info is for the average Nigerians who falls within 70 percent of migrants to the UK

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Goalnaldo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Opurumiri:
Hmm people they try for that UK... Working a whooping 12 hours to make ends meet? Damn!!
but you work nine hours here with nothing to show for it

3 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Ten06(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
what if one hardly sleep during day time but at night? Night work without short period to take a nap isn't easy o, especially for those who hardly sleep during day time.

After drinking coffee or energy drink sleep will not come close to you throughout the night
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Princewill1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hardship is everywhere! It's only Ignorant people that doesn't know this.

Location can't end hardship.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Mindlog: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
hustla:

You pass my level, I'm a "bloody support worker"

cheesy

But you are already on a rung of the ladder and that is big, if you get to the top rung you can set up your own home and if it gets successfully registered and standards well adhered to, na cash out level you go dey cruise. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by chocboi78(m): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
pocohantas:
All this one no concern me.
I'll still come. Except they refuse me entry.
lol. You’re seriously considering relocating to UK?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by chocboi78(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
simongonner:
lolz. That was the best decision I made . Nigeria no be for me at all.
don’t be offended boss. What work do You do there and how’s d standard of living
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Dujardin(m): 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:
Re: #4 - Because you are washing toilets in the UK does not mean others have to use that as a benchmark. There are different levels of persons going to the UK, the compiler of this article is obviously at the bottom of the chain.

Oga it seems you can't comprehend simple English, OP directed the point to someone who just came into the UK.
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by jameshow: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
If God can help me to raise N10m in Nigeria doing what am doing. He can help me to raise 200m here in Nigeria. Why should I go to one useless UK all in the name of traveling out.

I will go there and be doing menial job, becoming a digital fool when I can stay back at home and be a king.

I pity those going to those countries
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by tomdon(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:

How is it obvious?? And for your mind you intelligent

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Kemadealadire(f): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
I like the cheating part😉

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mindlog:

But you are already on a rung of the ladder and that is big, if you get to the top rung you can set up your own home and if it gets successfully registered and standards well adhered to, na cash out level you go dey cruise. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, true. Will try out my IT thing and if things don't go as planned, it could be Plan B as no one can see the future

MH in particular wink

Clinical psych pays well too? Up to £90K?
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by hustla(m): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
jameshow:
If God can help me to raise N10m in Nigeria doing what am doing. He can help me to raise 200m here in Nigeria. Why should I go to one useless UK all in the name of traveling out.

I will go there and be doing menial job, becoming a digital fool when I can stay back at home and be a king.

I pity those going to those countries

wink
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by Ed12(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
AlphaWolf27:

I do not see any insult there....

No be until you tell person say him head no correct na him you insult am.....
Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by PaulH07: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
cmt1:

Don't let anybody discourage you. If you have the right
skills, UK is the place to be. I've lived here in UK for over 34 years and I can tell you that opportunities abound. In the IT industry, where I've worked for over 22 years , you have thousands of Nigerians making 6 figures number yearly with unbelievable benefits on top. In a nutshell, you will enjoy UK if you have the right skills.

Thank you very much bro.

I appreciate this a lot!

1 Like

Re: Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things by millionboi2: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
nedekid:

Nna, if you get money, UK no be shithole.
Na bcoz say you no get d money,na him make you think say uk na heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.