Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media (25380 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Niger Coup Leaders Appoint New Governors / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by oluwaseyi0: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2023
all of you calling for Military in Nigeria because our favorite candidate isn't declared winner can you see now?

8 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by henrimoto(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2023
triple996:
This is serious wahala
Wahala abi trouble..
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Lasgidi90(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2023
Another Afghanistan loading in Africa
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Patrioticman007(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

Bitter truth is that Democracy is for Oyibo and not for Africans. We are still too crude and primitive for Democracy.

The truth is always bitter.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by OmekaguGCFR1: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2023
Some goats will still blame igbos

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by AdesegunSanni89: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

Bitter truth is that Democracy is for Oyibo and not for Africans. We are still too crude and primitive for Democracy.
speak for your self and family alone. Nigerians are civilized people.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Eriokanmi: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

Most countries in Africa need a regime reset and Nigeria isn't an exception. Our leaders' excesses are just too much. NA alone is earning more than what 36 states put together are earning. Despite the economic downturn currently plaguing Nigeria, none of them had come out to say they want to cut down on the huge allocations accrued to them and their excesses. You see governors leaving power and retiring at the senate as if there are no competent citizens who can occupy the senate to represent their respective states.

A military coup would reset leadership here or better still, a revolution. Even those supporting their evil deeds are feeling the heat. They're only suffering and smiling.

I asked my business partner in Niger why their military had to do what they did , citing how their leader was so close to Nigeria and the immediate past administration. He said hed chat me later. He told me the man had committed a lot of atrocities since he was elected president and recently, he ordered the release of an alqaeda terrorist from prison, the move which had received the public condemnation. It won't be a bad thing if military should take over power in Nigeria and re-do things for us, including our useless constitution which favours only the elite. After doing all these, they should arrest all of them and jail them, then restore our democracy by overseeing and conducting a free and fair election, then, return to barracks thereafter.

See our conversation below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by ipobarecriminals: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2023
sad
Dshocker:
Its been long Nigeria had a coup, i am looking forward to one.

If i were God for 1week, i will compel everyone that has held elected or appointed political office from 1960, to give account of every financial dealings they had, and if you can't give the full details, you will die
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Everfrank(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2023
Chenu60:
VIDEO: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8AmCT0s18
Big lie
You didn't watch the video you are sharing
They only reiterate existing prohibition of malicious use of social media. That's all.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by thesicilian: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2023
obedience4:
Compliment from the Russian regime,..
They claim to liberate Nigerians, yet they are limiting the freedom of the same people.
Nigeriens

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by StJasper(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2023
Dshocker:
Its been long Nigeria had a coup, i am looking forward to one.

If i were God for 1week, i will compel everyone that has held elected or appointed political office from 1960, to give account of every financial dealings they had, and if you can't give the full details, you will die

Be mindful of what you say anywhere, especially on a public domain like this.

This statement is a treasonable statement.

You or anyone might want to argue this, but I will advise you to ask any lawyer first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by samsard(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Those that are attacking the coup plotters with this decision... is there any difference between them and ur leaders... can u express urself on social media without putting urself at risk of being arrested by DSS ... selective arrest .... youths were killed for protesting bad governance in Nigeria.....
Given the kind of bitter statements I see on Nairaland daily DSS would have arrested a quarter of Nairalander if they decided to act on it. We do in fact have a good deal of freedom of speech. Go on Twitter and see people. Freedom of speech anywhere is not an excuse for hateful speech yet a lot of it on social media in Nigeria goes without consequence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by EBUBS(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2023
He didn't stop the citizens from using social media. Just using it as a means to spread fake news or information they, the government see as harmful.

E better make military take over Nigeria sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by obedience4(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2023
MXrep:

Disgrace awaits your ECOWAS in Niger

Don't you know an unstable Niger is bad for Nigeria,
The Polifiration of weapons in the shael region we led to the instability of entire West Africa,..this is the kind of insability insurgency and weapons smuggling thrives

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Chetas81(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2023
I remember when a young white man said, give power to the black people they cannot rule their self, and don't know why this statement become truth
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Beenibroz(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

You are wrong. Democracy has always been a mega scam and it's now the Africans are opening their eyes. Democracy is controlled by the US to exploit other countries but many of these countries have seen that it is a scam by the US in Africa. Putin is opening the eyes of Africa and you can see how they are all shaking.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by simfrost90210: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Otikpọju oo, aahhhhhhh
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Globad(f): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

As bitter as this sounds, you're right

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by obedience4(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2023
thesicilian:

Nigeriens

spell check
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by JuanDeDios: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2023
Chenu60:
VIDEO: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8AmCT0s18
This is what those who're campaigning for military on Nairaland want. Olodos.

Beenibroz:

You are wrong. Democracy has always been a mega scam and it's now the Africans are opening their eyes. Democracy is controlled by the US to exploit other countries but many of these countries have seen that it is a scam by the US in Africa. Putin is opening the eyes of Africa and you can see how they are all shaking.
And Vladimir Putin, a hospital-bombing mass murderer, is a their saviour. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Joconceptbest4(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
Just go through ur message again and tell me who the fool is...OLO.DO
triple996:
FG should pls do the same thing in the east. So that ekpa will not be brainwashing those fools into flogging their parents. TOTAL BAN FROM ONICHA TO ENUGU will be good for stopping online noise pollution

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Scamwatcher: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
StJasper:

Be mindful of what you say anywhere, especially on a public domain like this.

This statement is a treasonable statement.

You or anyone might want to argue this, but I will advise you to ask any lawyer first.
Unfortunately most of them don't know the consequence of what they say in public.
Even he would never have gone free if I typed that nonsense during the military era he's wishing for.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Chetas81(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
OmekaguGCFR1:
Some goats will still blame igbos
Stamp yourself as duty 😂
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Vifx: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:

Hey caveman
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Alexiiydon: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
ArewaNightmare:
grin They're about getting it wrong
how? They didn’t give sit at home orders
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by IgOga(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
ArewaNightmare:
grin They're about getting it wrong

That is what military dictatorship looks like. I lived under IBB and Abacha and it is normal.

No protests. No dissent. If you want to do any of those you need to flee abroad. That was why NADECO members operated from overseas.

Only students were relatively free to do anyhow but then the military monetised NANS and SUGs
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Quebec91(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
And jesus refuse to come since
incogni2o:
The World needs Jesus,

Not Democracy nor Autocracy
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by obedience4(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
Beenibroz:

Name just two Africa's country not practicing Demorcay that's is doing well.
If tomorrow the military takes over Nigeria, and the rights you enjoy in Nigeria are taken from you, you will be the first to regret.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Alexiiydon: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2023
thesicilian:
Very good for them.
Were they not all celebrating the coup just a few days ago? Now they should reap the rewards.

Just like the children of perdition in Nigeria who keep beating drums of war and pray for military take over, thinking they're living in a video game simulation
so banning social media add to there hunger or remove out of it many of you no get sense
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Beverlyjean(f): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2023
samsard:
Given the kind of bitter statements I see on Nairaland daily DSS would have arrested a quarter of Nairalander if they decided to act on it. We do in fact have a good deal of freedom of speech. Go on Twitter and see people. Freedom of speech anywhere is not an excuse for hateful speech yet a lot of it on social media in Nigeria goes without consequence.

Try it on twitter
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by gbadexy(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Most countries in Africa needs a regime reset
Yeah. Opportunity for realistic constitution.
Scrapping of one of the legislative arm.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Favourchris(f): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They ain't seen nothing yet. The coup leader has been part of the top echelon of Niger as head of Presidential guide since 2011 yet very little is known about him outside the military circle.

This is why ecowas is moving in fast to prevent another Libya episode where sick people with guns littered over west Africa. God will help us succeed in Niger so peace,order and democracy can be quickly restored. If the coup plotter wants to rule, he should remove his army uniform, join or form a political party and contest to win election. Anything outside that is anarchy like we have started witnessing in Niger. Check my signature for free stuffs!

those wearing agbada are they not the worst?, stealing our very future in our faces and then using democracy to hide it...

democracy is a system of government where the leaders can't be held responsible.

am not supporting coup, but democracy is not working for Africa, we need try something else.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

African Leaders Prepare To Meet Putin After Zelensky Rules Out Talks / Biden Imposes Visa Ban On 76 Saudis Over Khashoggi's Murder / Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.