Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media (25410 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar-Led ECOWAS Delegation Arrives Niger To Meet Coup Leaders / Niger Coup Leaders Appoint New Governors / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by DeepSight(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2023
Why is it so hard for people to listen or read. They didn't ban social media, they cautioned against malicious use of it and the spread of hate speech.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by profndu(m): 11:00am On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=124775206] They ain't seen nothing yet. The coup leader has been part of the top echelon of Niger as head of Presidential guide since 2011 yet very little is known about him outside the military circle.

Play the video first, you will understand how the Op misled you with incomplete sentence. To understand the full message try to get to the end marked with full stop (.) don't stop at comma (,).
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2023
I think it is a step in the right direction, too many fake news out there, na so dey take tempt Russia and Ukraine into War ... Now they want to tempt Nigeria and Niger into War .. President Bola in as much as I agree with you on your stand on an Invasion, I will also urge you to take every diplomatic step in dousing tension, this one week utimatum might be difficult to achieve, rather a speedy transition to democracy in that country is what is needed right now ... There's too much suffering in Africa, too much Debts to pay and too many conspirators , if we must fight , let them be the aggressor . There's no pride in going to fight as ECOWAS in which we bear most of the cost and nothing to show for it, let it be a Jaw Jaw between Nigeria and Niger, then we can Annex half of Niger and I am sure they would be please to be Nigerians .
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by JagabanB: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Those that are attacking the coup plotters with this decision... is there any difference between them and ur leaders... can u express urself on social media without putting urself at risk of being arrested by DSS ... selective arrest .... youths were killed for protesting bad governance in Nigeria.....
You just expressed yourself, are you now at risk of those things you mentioned?
Give us the list of youths that were kiIIed.
You all peddle Iîes too much in this country.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by olisaEze(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2023
War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it.

-Desiderius Erasmus

cool

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Eriokanmi: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2023
yemex04:

@the bolded..

Because power is sweet, they will never willingly return to Barracks once they have power... but I am sure there will always be coup after coup from one regime to the other

From whatever angle you want to see it, coup is never an option due to the greed of Africans..
they'd return to barracks. No where in the world wouid a military lead a country for a long time anymore as we had in the past. Even where coup were planned in African countries, they did a transition in a short time and resoted their democracy. Niger too would do same. We need one here. If the civilians do the right thing, military won't take over power. With or without them in power, their ogas are always enjoying. Hope you get.

Tinubu feared this could happen and he retired some top ranking officers compulsorily recently. The truth is, thiose planning coup are not the ogas but the junior officers. If you and I are enjoying dividends of democracy which they are cornering to themselves in abuja, such thoughts wouldn't have come up in the first place but they're afraid. A sinner is running when nobody is chasing him...that's conscientious
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by omohayek: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2023
CodeTemplar:
half smartness.

This is a faceless social media platform unlike some other ones.
Not that I've ever doubted that you're a low-IQ troll not usually worth even responding to, but thanks for providing this spectacular example of your inanity for all to see. Do you think the servers hosting this site can't be seized under subpoena by officials, that your IP address can't then be determined, and that the email address you registered with can't be discovered? Do you think whoever your email provider is will hesitate to sell your privacy out as soon as government officials come asking for it? And you must be utterly clueless about security matters if you think American and Israeli security firms aren't busy hawking toolkits for governments to ferret out their critics by hacking their phones and computers throughout Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(spyware)

Stick to spewing your semi-literate gibberish to someone more appreciative of your basement-level intellect.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by profndu(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Double Wahala.

Play the video again, you will see that the Op captured some part of the sentence to mislead the public. Sentences doesn't end with commas.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by REALretep(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2023
This is not good oo
This is bad oo
Ahhh... this must be resisted.
Tyranny and anarchy
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by blackdover: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2023

Zealot s78 boombox SPEAKERs 🏁

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2023
JuanDeDios:

This is what those who're campaigning for military on Nairaland want. Olodos.

And Vladimir Putin, a hospital-bombing mass murderer, is a their saviour. SMH.
Omo Putin boys scare me.

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2023
obedience4:

Name just two Africa's country not practicing Demorcay that's is doing well.
If tomorrow the military takes over Nigeria, and the rights you enjoy in Nigeria are taken from you, you will be the first to regret.
Are you minding them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Favourchris:

those wearing agbada are they not the worst?, stealing our very future in our faces and then using democracy to hide it...

democracy is a system of government where the leaders can't be held responsible.

am not supporting coup, but democracy is not working for Africa, we need try something else.
We should try what?
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by CodeTemplar: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2023
priceactionx:

They should enjoy their new government in peace o. The problem now is that many natives hailing them now, will smuggle themselves to Nigerian northern part soon because of our porus border.
... and join us in collecting N8k, possibly getting it at the expense of real Nigerians. Afterall the removal affected them as much as it affected us. Lol
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Svoboda(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2023
Racoon:
Illegitimate regimes always wants to be authoritarian believing it will shield them from the innuendoes of the criticising public. Alas they are always wrong. North Korea, Buhari/IBB/Abacha governments.

Nothing illegitimate about north koreas govt. The US isnt the global arbiter for defining and determining democracy and its attributes. Democracy goes beyond the every 4 years election cycle.

If nigeriens decide that this is what they want, then let them live with it.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Watcharena: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2023
Luzebox:
Niger can not even survive the sanctions.. one of the poorest countries.. Ecowas dont even need to invade them.. the sanction alone will cripple them.. my problem is after six month when things become harder for them.. their citizens will start running to nigeria to disturb us .. we dont need refugees in here.. we ourselve are managing here
refugee is one of the problems they can bring to us others will enter Nigeria as bandits they will go into kidnapping for Ransome

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by profndu(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2023
Learn to get the full message before commenting. Play the video again, you will see how the Op misled you with an incomplete sentence. Try to get to the fullstop of the half baked sentence.

Ayoola171:
See the level of impunity, someone who claimed he want to put things in order. Yeye.

ECOWAS go handle you.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by mariovito(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2023
While this submission looks attractively true, I will beg to differ to some extent.

Check most European nations, with the exception of USA and a few others, they're homogeneous or have one tribe being in over 70% majority. England for the English, France for the French, Ireland for Irish and so on. Asia is even tighter, but coming to Africa, what we have are ever boiling and broiling mess of a pot-pourri.

How can there be democracy and unity of purpose when Congo is made up of tribes that can't see each other eye to eye? Or is it Rwanda or Nigeria?

Before Africa can move forward with through democracy or any other means, two things need to happen.

The error of Berlin conference of 1884 needs to be corrected by subdividing Africa into smaller tribal countries for cohesion and unity or on the alternative, Africans need to lose their tribal identity (which is quite impossible).

EyeCumInPiece:

Bitter truth is that Democracy is for Oyibo and not for Africans. We are still too crude and primitive for Democracy.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Godwin4444: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Racoon:
Illegitimate regimes always wants to be authoritarian believing it will shield them from the innuendoes of the criticising public. Alas they are always wrong. North Korea, Buhari/IBB/Abacha governments.
shebi u igbos want military to take over in Nigeria since obi lost

Hope u will b cool if military takes over n stop u from using social media?
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Dshocker(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2023
StJasper:

Be mindful of what you say anywhere, especially on a public domain like this.

This statement is a treasonable statement.

You or anyone might want to argue this, but I will advise you to ask any lawyer first.

No need to ask any lawyer, i am one, and i can categorically tell you that Nigeria is a lawless country, where government don't respect the rule of law.

So if the government doesn't respect the law that they made, what do you make of the ordinary citizens that goes against the same rule?

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Godwin4444: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2023
MXrep:

Disgrace awaits your ECOWAS in Niger
this is what u igbos are praying for?
Isn’t it?

Hope u won’t shout when military takes over n u can’t use your favorite channel of bullying which is social media

1 Like

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by CodeTemplar: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2023
omohayek:

Not that I've ever doubted that you're a low-IQ troll not usually worth even responding to, but thanks for providing this spectacular example of your inanity for all to see. Do you think the servers hosting this site can't be seized under subpoena by officials, that your IP address can't then be determined, and that the email address you registered with can't be discovered? Do you think whoever your email provider is will hesitate to sell your privacy out as soon as government officials come asking for it? And you must be utterly clueless about security matters if you think American and Israeli security firms aren't busy hawking toolkits for governments to ferret out their critics by hacking their phones and computers throughout Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(spyware)

Stick to spewing your semi-literate gibberish to someone more appreciative of your basement-level intellect.
the rants of a deeply uninformed agent toward the very person that can school the entire ratfaced nation/people about cyber security or spywares like Pegasus. For a start, search about Pegasus here on NL and see some of the users who first sensitized others about its existence and use, maybe you can recognise a particular one.

I don't need pegasus for your type. Simple ML and AI can root out your real life identity for me.

For your info, no bastard tech or subpoena can unravel mine. I don't know about ratfaced morons though.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Favourchris(f): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2023
Ladyhippolyta88:

We should try what?

the west should allow us to evolve, make mistakes and learn in the process, democracy worked for them, but that doesn't mean it will work for us. they should allow us to make mistakes, learn from them and figure out what work for us.

niger should be allowed to find what works for them.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Godwin4444: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2023
Corn247:
You do not appreciate what you have until it's taken away from you.

igbos don’t understand d meaning of military take over, I am happy they can see it from afar now
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Godwin4444: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2023
priceactionx:
Issokay. Those who are hailing them from this part of the country must be saddists and kiddos that don't really know how military junta works and never experience their actions before especially our naija version own. Python dance will be a child's play.
Children of 8 them.

Next is to hunt all those that have been using social media to attack them before now.

One recruit will slap you, collect your phone on the street and you won't be able to do anything.
They will enter any filling station and forcefully kidnap fuel without any payment, and you will smile at them.

Ordinary twitter regulations, buhari tried in Nigeria, all devils were let loose.

They should enjoy their new government in peace o. The problem now is that many natives hailing them now, will smuggle themselves to Nigerian northern part soon because of our porus border.

Good luck to them. Waiting for the next thing to get banned.
Many be to stop Google cyberspace from functioning.

Tinubu should be very careful in dealing with them. That's their own wahala.
igbos will see d meaning of military take over from afar now n they will decide if they still want it
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by latonione: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2023
They were happy and jubilant, this is beginning, time will tell. Hope they will not curse the day the military took over, Power corrupt, absolute power corrupt absolutely.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by omohayek: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2023
CodeTemplar:
the rants of a deeply uninformed agent toward the very person that can school the entire ratfaced nation/people about cyber security or spywares like Pegasus. For a start, search about Pegasus here on NL and see some of the users who first sensitized others about its existence and use, maybe you can recognise a particular one.

I don't need pegasus for your type. Simple ML and AI can root out your real life identity for me.
Go ahead - I dare you. If dem born your mama well, go ahead and reveal my identity! As if you had even the first clue what "simple ML and AI" were, other than buzzwords you hear in the news.

For your info, no bastard tech or subpoena can unravel mine. I don't know about ratfaced morons though.
Tsk, tsk, I know you suffer from serious self-loathing, but there's no need to use such harsh language about yourself! It's bad enough as it is that you're as thick as a brick but spew meaningless diarrhea like a leaky anus.

Now f**k off my mentions and go back to playing in the gutter where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by CodeTemplar: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2023
omohayek:

Not that I've ever doubted that you're a low-IQ troll not usually worth even responding to....
it is funny how you admire how I dismantle you silly propaganda and call me intelligent on other accounts but login into omohayek to mask your insecurities.
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by omohayek: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2023
CodeTemplar:
it is funny how you admire how I dismantle you silly propaganda and call me intelligent on other accounts but login into omohayek to mask your insecurities.
Snort -- f*** off, troll. I've wasted enough energy on your îdiocy for one day.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2023
omohayek:

Go ahead - I dare you. If dem born your mama well, go ahead and reveal my identity! As if you had even the first clue what "simple ML and AI" were, other than buzzwords you hear in the news.

Tsk, tsk, I know you suffer from serious self-loathing, but there's no need to use such harsh language about yourself! It's bad enough as it is that you're as thick as a brick but spew meaningless diarrhea like a leaky anus.

Now f**k off my mentions and go back to playing in the gutter where you belong.
lol... E pain am. Oga Festinho, the wuruwuru practitioner.. Mr. High_IQ
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by Yankee101: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2023
When katsina network in nearby?
Nonsense
Re: Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media by CodeTemplar: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2023
omohayek:

If dem born your mama well, go ahead and reveal my identity!...
the ratfaced bastard just finished mouthing off about how technology and products he knows next to nothing about can reveal identities but suddenly believes no one can reveal his.

I won't give you the privilalege of denying your true identity since I know I won't prove it to onlookers either. You should come for a crash course in cyber trolling and battles. You suck at your true job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian Debt Default Is Now Very Likely After The US Blocked Payments / Biden Imposes Visa Ban On 76 Saudis Over Khashoggi's Murder / Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.